This position supports operational and financial goals through the consistent delivery of effective HR policies and practices. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the organization, and work actively and openly to impact the employee experience positively, exceeding expectations at all times.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing expertise in all functional areas of Human Resources with emphasis on employee relations, employee marketing, talent attraction, selection, OHS, onboarding, training, total rewards and recognition.
- Completing routine HR functions including headcount or other related HR reporting, job postings, offer letters, HRIS/benefits support and exit interviews.
- Participating as a business partner to supervisors and managers in HR and employee relations matters, supporting and coaching as needed to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Being a champion of various cross-functional employee committees; leading or participating in meetings, projects and/or events that drive engagement.
- Leveraging HR knowledge and experience to identify best practices, deliver innovative enhancements to current programs, and seek efficiencies and improvements that add value and align with Sysco strategies.
- Dealing with employment matters confidentially, using judgment that is consistent with standard practice, Sysco’s policies and procedures, and applicable regulations or legislation.
- Post-secondary education in a business related field.
- 3-4 years Generalist experience
- CHRP Designation is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Demonstrated competence with technology; proficient with popular software and Social Media tools.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 per year.
All Sysco associates demonstrate positive behaviors in the following areas:
- Innovation * Communication * Building Partnerships * Customer Focus
To be successful in this position, the candidate will also demonstrate successfully:
- Business Acumen * Work Standards
- Building Trust * Results Driven
- Awareness and Insight * Continuous Learning
Qualified candidates submit resume and cover letter by October 7, 2013.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered
will be contacted directly.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard