Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, the Category Analyst is responsible for effectively managing the product category portfolio as is relates to sales support, supplier relationships, profit maximization, as well as assist with inventory management and pricing in order to satisfy customers.
- Item sourcing, rationalization, consolidation of category to maximize profitability
- Drive category business to Sysco preferred vendors
- Periodic Vendor / Broker Reviews
- Category Profitability and Gap Analysis
- Lead Item Sourcing, SKU Rationalization/ Vendor Base Consolidation
- Assist Logistics function with identifying and converting suppliers from delivered to pick-up program.
- Negotiating (& maintain) terms of local programs, division programs, trade deals, growth incentives & marketing activity
- Responsible to work closely with our supplier base in preparation for shows, sales meeting and promotions
- Maintains a high level of connectivity and communication with the Sales team. (Leads the category as an expert.)
- Responsible to organize, develop, and participate in any marketing promotions, shows, divisional meetings and product training presentations when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or Merchandising, specializing in Food & Beverage or equivalent experience. Purchasing Managers Association of Canada Diploma/Certification is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in Merchandising/Marketing, or related role with an emphasis on supporting an outside sales force. Sales experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in any of the following areas is preferred: protein, seafood, frozen, canned and dry, dairy, chemicals, disposables, paper products, and produce. Preference will be given to candidates with paper, chemical and disposables experience.
- Food & Beverage, Hotel & Food, Category Management experience is preferred. A thorough understanding of product lines, customer expectations and food service application a definite asset. Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills are necessary. Ability to work under pressure with definitive deadlines required.
Salary range for Category Analyst is $70,000-75,000
All Sysco associates demonstrate positive behaviors in the following areas:
- Innovation * Communication * Building Partnerships * Customer Focus
To be successful in this position, the candidate will also demonstrate successfully:
- Integrity & Accountability * Proactive Learning * Flexibility & Adaptability
Indeed - 8 months ago
Located in Liberty Industrial Park in Jersey City, New Jersey, SYSCO Food Services of Metro New York is housed in a state of the art...