Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
Delivery Professional (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Good company, very long hours, routing not the greatest, compensation needs to be monitored due to inaccuracies.
Sysco was a job
Order Puller/Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Jessup, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Long hours, steady work and good pay. Wasnt too bad of a job to work for.
Fast Paced
Order selector (Former Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: you will be treated as just a number that is easily replaced
Very hard work in a fast paced environment. The employees are forced to increase speed every few years. The pay is awesome but it comes at a price. You will be living to work not working to live.
OK
Dry Dock Loader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2014
I Enjoyed every moment at this job. the most difficult part of the job was really nothing i stayed to myself and enjoyed every bit of my pay!!!
help truck driver take food off truck.
Truck Helper (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDAugust 30, 2014
it was 12hr shifts on 18 wheeler taking food off trucks into work places all over idaho!
LONG HOURS. NO PERSONAL LIFE
SELECTOR (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 21, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long hours. no family time
IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY, YOU WILL HAVE LIMITED TIME WITH THEM BECAUSE OF THE HOURS
Very stressful place to work right now
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 19, 2014
There is a lot of change going on with management. Management needs more training dealing with fellow employees.

Make sure you get their request in writing before you start a new project. Co-workers are great at what they do. The length of employment used to be valued, but not anymore. Everyone is replaceable is the new modo.
loved working on cominsion.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: loved the spiffs and promotions
Cons: trips, extra cash
I started my day at 4 am daily (worked Sundays also)

work thru to 7pm

I learn selling skills and products thru sales meetings

Management was fair to best my last two years as the corporation was changing and sent a couple of new people in. The president was great.

Loved my co-workers

Hardest part was collections which I made sure I keep up on

Was – more... a good commission check at the end of the week. – less
The OpCos' are where the fun and adventure is!
Customer Audit Processor (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great, fun people whotruly care about their customers and each other!
Cons: benefits, work life balance
I wish I could get back into one of the Operating Companies. The people are REAL! Not like at SBS or Corporate. The OpCos' deal one to one with the customers and know what is really going on!

The people in the OpCos' know how to get things done for their customers and ensure that everything is good and everyone is happy.
Awesone
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: i was having fun
If i could go back to that job i would and that was a great experience for me knowing that i was delivering food to different stores so that people may be able to eat. good feeling
Suitable Workplace
Senior Designer, Visual Interaction (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Suitable workplace to compliment your career, and express creativity.
Very long hours little to no compensation for it
Night Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: extremely long hours daily, no comp days for the long hours and we work most hollidays
•A typical day at work. Starts at 5pm until 430 to 5am daily

•What you learned I've learned better supervision and management skills

•Management . Management is good

•Your co-workers .The other supervisors are great.

•The hardest part of the job. The hours.

•The most enjoyable part of the job. Getting the Job Accomplished.
Great people
HR Manager (Generalist) (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: development opportunity
Cons: no flexibility
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Enjoyable and very hard working cultural.
Enjoy a wonderful conversation about pets
Accountant III (Current Employee), Cypress TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: comp time to spend with family
Cons: work an necessary over time.
My typical day at work would a full day schedule because I do not like sitting around doing nothing. A day at work should be productive. There are time to play and there are time to get thing done.
horrible place to work
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Halfmoon, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: everything you can think of other than the money.
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. Not one department seems to have any communication with the other. the management don't seem to talk to each other or have a clue of what's going on ever. Everything seems to be done to screw over the drivers. and we are all treated like we are the problem instead of the over paid suits trying to – more... correct things that are wrong. And actually making this a decent place to work. – less
Ok, depending on which department you work in.
Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment, great benefits.
Cons: high turnover, pay isn't competitive.
Overall, Sysco is a good company to work for. I was there for 6yrs & gained a lot of knowledge about the food industry. I worked for some great supervisors. I started as an Accounts Receivables Specialist & then went on to Posting. I also worked in Customer Service. All positions were great & I learned a lot. My last position there I was a Transportation – more... Clerk. I enjoyed my job, but the overall moral of the department was low. Incompetent, careless management is what I dealt with day to day. It was hard for me to watch the drivers work so hard, but go unappreciated. The were treated like things/robots. A director from a different location came in to take over the department. He decided to change the duties/functions of my position, but refused to train me. He said that he didn't have the time. I found that very interesting because I've never been in a situation like that. If you're willing to go for anything they want you to do, even if it's unethical or immoral you won't mind being there. In the time I had been with the company, I've never seen such a high turnover. I watched so many quality drivers just walkout on a regular basis. The communication is horrible & there's no organization. I feel sorry for any drivers who are trying to get in there. They won't stay for long, they'll be begging for their old employer to take them back! Over worked, under paid & not appreciated. – less
Long Hours
Marketing Associate / Sales (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: not stuck in a cubicle 9 to 5. stock purchase plan.
Cons: lots of windshield time logging miles on your own vehicle with no car allowance at all.
Need to work long hours in order to be successful in this business. Many hours spent in your own car logging countless miles all on your own dime.
Used to be a good place to work. Now there's no job security and weak management.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security, cutting product offering, cutting pay and/or firing people, poor upper management, short-sighted management, clueless corporate leadership, innept program management, slow implementation of any new policy... i could keep going...
Sysco employees used to be proud of how long they've worked for the company. Now they seem to be counting the days until they leave. Corporate has been taking more and more control over the individual OpCos and upper management transfers in for other markets and starts cleaning house before they have any knowledge of the unit's culture or operations. – more... No one feels secure in there job and even performing sales people aren't safe.

We used to be able to "sell" Sysco's wide product offering, strong brand, and business resources. Now they've reduced it all.

It's almost cliche, but they are losing sight of the value of a talented sales force and instead placing value on young and inexperienced employees who are more easily manipulated and will willingly except a lot less salary. Making shareholders happy is good, don't get me wrong... I was one. But they seem to not pay attention to history and other publicly-traded companies in other industries that have made the same mistakes. – less
Marketing Associate
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great people, fun job, great company
Cons: no expense, income potential
Great company to work for but don't count on starting a life-long career here.
Large successful organization
Category Planner (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good salary and incentive
Cons: long hours high stress
Looking for something closer to Evergreen CO relocating, Category Planning is a high stress high anxiety position, management holds planners completely accountable for numbers and their own success as individuals.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more