Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Very fast paced, test of agility. Great Benefits, but did not leave much time to spend with my family.
Productive and learning place
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: long working hours
Sysco is a great productive and learning place for me. I had oppurunity to learn new technologies like VPSX and PCX here.
Call Center Support
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: managers, training, team support
• Blackberry Manager Administrator capabilities
• Resolve IT issues resulting in keeping worldwide workforce at peak productivity.
• Ability to move efficiently on high demand issues
• Dell- HP Pc’s, Office 2003-2010, Blackberry, Active directory, Connectivity issues.
• Active directory, many industry specific applications.
• MS Exchange support for – more... multiple issues.
• Research and document multiple software issues-technical writing for Teamshare site
• servers, production systems, switches, KVM devices and server racks
• Cable routing of switches and routers.
• reimaging of client’s systems via ghosting and setup for client’s specifications
• Break/Fix, Replace, Troubleshoot, Reimage, Maintain Dell-HP desktop-laptops
• Related peripherals on site or at client’s location
• Resolve other issues by phone using remote access tools
• Install and configure software, including MS Office
• Citrix/VPN connection issues/ Office suite/Outlook issues.
• WinXP-Windows 7 experience
• SCCM management tools
• Asset management
• Add/remove computer and user accounts – less
Accounts Receivable & Earned Income Analyst
Earned Income Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the pay
During my position at Sysco. I had duties such as accounts receivable, and a supplier audits. I was able to learn how to balance multiple tasks at once and adjust to the environment that I was in. All though I find pleasure in taking on difficult situations working with my co-workers, I can learn and achieve the task set before me. The hardest part – more... of my job is not always being able meet the customers’ needs. I always enjoy interacting with my customers and co-workers. – less
Fun Place to work....full of opportunity
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: cannot control everything
This is a good position (marketing associate) to be a part of if you like sales. You have flexibility and talk about food all day.
its okay
Costing Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
its okay....... this department doesn't advance ppl as often as they should and they micro manage
Productive and fun work place
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: it got more physically fit
Cons: short breaks, cold temperatures and long hours
A typical work day would consist of hard labor lifting and traveling throughout the warehouse.
I learned how to operate a triple pallet jack and use sos units
Our management was very strict
My co-workers all knew we had to get the job done, so the faster and more productive we worked the easier our night would be.
The hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch – less
you spend more than you make
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), FL and MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: you used to make decent money
Cons: they could care less about outlying areas.
Worked there 26 years. The first 24 it was a great place to work. Now they could care less about you or your family. Very expensive to run your route. Unacheiveable quotas in order to make your bonus. Monthly meeting are a waste of time. Make promises that they never keep. If they make any promises, get them in writing.
Upper management that were never – more... successful in sales telling you how to sell. – less
Sysco was a great beginer job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Salem, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay for part time, short work weeks
Cons: extememly cold, worked alone
A typical day was starting work at about 2PM at bacon plant where I inspected the quality of product being shipped.
I learned the basic fundamentals of quality assurance. I learned how to better time-manage and work independently.
Great people to work with and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: corporate conversion and many people lost their jobs
Sysco has been great to me for over 20 years and like a big family that works well together to excel in our positions and service our customers.
very exciting, fast paced team environment
Current member of Local 294 Teamsters Brotherhood (Former Employee), Halfmoon, NYJanuary 8, 2014
overall a typical day at sysco was very long and physically demanding. I learned how to work at a fast pace and still do work effeciently because if I made errors I would not be paid my incentive bonus. I enjoyed working with a diverse amount of co-workers older and younger but all with the same goal at hand. The hardest part of the job was working – more... the long hours day after day. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers. – less
Marketing Associate
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: learn the ins and outs of restaurants. where to eat.
Cons: it's like robbing people. $4 broom for $40.
After your face to face orders you will spend the rest of the day prospecting. This is a commission based job so if you don't sell you don't eat.
good money
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee), atlanta gaJanuary 4, 2014
good company to work for. hours are long and hard will have to work in cold and hot wh.
totally different co now
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Very busy usually, lots of phone work, hardest part of my job is telling my accounts no, the best part is talking to all of my accounts.
very productive job, made you wanna work harder
Order Selector (Former Employee), Jessup, MDJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: fast pace, no one over your shoulder, nice people
Cons: hade to work nights, wears on ya body
it was fun cuz i got ride a power jack all day, alowed to work as hard as you want aslong as you made your percentage at the in the week
Night shift selector in face paced work environment
Selector/ Operations (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: 401k, company stock options, health insurance, work incentive
Cons: coworkers and managment
*Typical night- Selecting product from dry/cooler warehouse, operate pallet jack, stack product on pallets, drop off pallets in loading dock.
*Not much learned from job.
*Management- laid back but pushed numbers (cases per hour, work faster, pick accurately), but rarely addressed issues between employees. Management was almost too laid back, only addressed – more... issues after there was an incident.
*50/50 on co-workers. Some were cool, others... not so much.
*The hardest part of the job- small warehouse with lots of selectors working at various speeds made for a hostile work environment. Inexperienced selectors hitting other coworkers with pallet jacks, fights were common.
Getting additional pay incentive for extra cases selected an hour also fueled tempers between faster and slower selectors. Lots of racial tension. Management addressed some issues poorly.
Had the night off before Christmas, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July, but had to work the nights of each holiday.
*Enjoyable Part of the job- Pay day, incentive paid in cases per hour and selecting accurately. – less
Declining Compensation
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2013
Overall job OK. Mid level management imported from other companies. More work for less pay than previous years.
Steady work Enviroment
Order Selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines IllDecember 23, 2013
Awesome place to work for, alot of room for advancement. Steady work and management was always there for you.
Hard work, Long afternoons, long nights and mornings.
Order Selector / Picker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: non fulfilling job
Typical day: 65,000-90,000 Count items to be picked on short staff

What I learned: The job isn't rocket science, it's hard work and you just do it.

Co-workers: Kept every difficult day going.

Hardest part of the job: Going in everyday...the job was very taxing on every part of your body, and consumed your life.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Only – more... when you got paid. The Money – less
Stable Company
Senior Packaging Manager/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2013
Pros: training and benefits
Cons: bad excuse for management and pay
Multitasking and Highly Political
Watch your Back
Food Business
Wear Teflon
Who are these people
Understanding their logic and rationale
Benefits

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more