Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A happy positive work environment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam BCAugust 4, 2012
Great teamwork and communication documented at this establishment. It has been a pleasure to work with such a diverse group of people.
exceed physical limit,work very hard or be suspended or terminated!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2012
Pros: performance bonus, free work out, you'll never gain weight even you eat a lot.
Cons: unsafe, mistakes salary deduction, forcing to reach a certain high performance, or be terminated.
a typical day in the warehouse floor,is always in a hurry and trying to reach a certain percentage or piece counts just to get a performance bonus $$$, but when they hire temporary foreign worker, they make it a must that your should a certain very high performance (95%) or else you'll be re-trained, suspended or terminated. maybe this is the very reason – more... only temporary foreign worker mostly endure the job here to earn money to be sent home to their love ones. Many time we do not take full breaks or lunch just to continue the job and have high performance. – less
High tech equipment / facility , high business volume , good food for employees , great appreciation , thank you.
runner (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 11, 2012
great company and great benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee), lenexa,ksDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
great benefit package as well as yearly raises and many company activities for family and friends
it ok
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), Concord, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not for a older gentelman
descent place to work, great for a young man on the rise in the workfeild.the hardest part of the job is unloading the truck
HORRIBLE!!!!!!
delivery driver (Former Employee), grandrapidsDecember 5, 2014
Cons: long hours, horrible management, horrible on the body, no family life
I worked in grandrapids and was sent to Indiana every day! Worked 14 to 16 hrs a day started at 2 am went to Indiana from gr Mich then back it was the worst job I ever worked in my life!!!!! I was informed I would work every weekend days off were sun Tues no family life at all they bought us foods there were union protests every day bad environment – more... maybe for me it was bad timing but I hated it! Gfs is much better – less
Productive once you recieve a route
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and luck
Cons: long days, working through all types of weather
At the beginning this were very unorganized. if someone didn't come in or was late they would give you route an hour or two late with no help, direction nor guidance.

with this job I've learned how to be more patient and try to make the best of the worst days.

some of the co-workers there were the best that I've had, we helped each other get through – more... tough obstacle's.

the hardest part of the job is knowing where to park and getting the food off the truck.

the most enjoyable part was talking and relating to the customers – less
Productive Invironnment but to quiet
Finace Imaging Associate (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, good management.
Cons: spys. people watching your back and reporting on you.
A typical day at work consist of Scanning AP and AR paperwork to ensure bills are payed. Drafting financial or Project based spreadsheets. Assisting Director of Credit and daily task/projects.

I've learned how to better manage time, work under heavy pressure and workloads. Take orders from someone of higher power, and learn and array of new systems. – more... Such as AS400, SAP, Deeper Excel Functions, Verbal and written communications.

Management was excellent but a bit Selective. Had favorites that received more attention and less discipline.

The hardest part of the job was finding additional work once i completed my task.

The best part of the job i would definitely have to say is the warehouse employees. having the opportunity to meet them and work with them made it all worth it. – less
very bad moral with bad HR department
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2014
HR department is very unorganized. They only side with Executives and ingnore plees from employee. Payroll was set up wrong with several employees that I know of, including me.
Work on own. Little assistance from management.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: pay your own gas
Great benefits
Need self discipline
Performance strictly based on numbers not efforts
Crazy work load!
Accountant III (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great office
Cons: high volume of work than you can handle
If you want no life balance, no family time, ad no more hair on your head, then go work for Sysco!
Typical day at work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pocomoke City, MDDecember 2, 2014
If your a person who doesnt mind starting your day early then this company is who you wanna work for. They have excellent pay and great benefits.Co-workers and management are very courteous.
If you want to make alot of money and have no life.
Outbound order selector (Current Employee), Modesto, caNovember 29, 2014
Pros: incentive pay, competitive salary, benefits, free food
Cons: long hours, scheduling shift, managers barely train there employees
This place is great to make alot of money, but it does come at a price, you'll be working a lot of hours, and definitely a physically demanding job, it's something to definitely be prepared for, if your willing to sacrifice your time to spend with family and etc then be my guest, might as well live at work. Also managers don't really train there employees – more... correctly too, they leave out a lot of stuff your supposed to be prepared for in the future, they just train you only 1 to 2 days and your basically on your own from there on out. – less
Productive/friendly environment workplace
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: being able to work without supervison
Cons: alot of downtime.
Have enjoyed working for a major corpartate company. Have learned alot and have managed to work well alone and handle all accounting procedures and kept up deadlines.
DO NOT APPLY HERE WARNING
Helper (Former Employee), Olathe , KSNovember 26, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: never home, no guarantee your gona have a job
They don't care about your personal life. They let me go a 89 days with no reason what so ever. They say they don't lay people off, maybe thats true but they sure do terminate them before their 90 days. Management plays favorites and lets people get away with things. They are the worst company I have ever worked for.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 25, 2014
Cutomer oriented company,that stays current with the times and technology. There has been a lot of transistion and changes for the better!
Productive, fun, ever-changing place to work.
Sr Dir, Transportation Operations & Optimization (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: connected departments, working towards cross functional teamwork
Cons: upward mobility, career path defined
The day is filled with Challenges, cross functional solutions, employee engagement was high, and I surrounded myself with excellent team members. Mentoring through influence vs telling, working with Executive and middle management to achieve goals. The difficult part, found in any change leadership was navigating the change management while keeping – more... focused on the daily execution needs for our customers. We exceeded our goals and celebrated the wins. The people, suppliers, and team members were the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Productive atmosphere
Day Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
Very professional company. Customer oriented. Good company benefits. potential employee growth within company,
Fast-paced with lots of growth opportunities
Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Excellent company, culture and opportunities. I'm having a great time working with true business professionals. Love working for the company. Family struggling with moving from Dallas, TX.
Great company for motivated individuals
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2014
Fast paced job that allows for income growth for those dedicated. Work/life balance is difficult to manage.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more