Sysco is currently seeking Owner/Operators to service our customers in Edmonton and Area. If you have a clean drivers abstract, class 1 license, own a reliable and clean late model tandem axle tractor, are physically fit, and enjoy providing “Flawless Customer Service” then we want to hear from you!
Sysco’s contracted Independent Cartage Agents (ICA’s) enjoy annual income opportunity exceeding $110,000, free weekends, performance awards, and the ability to be home at the end of every day!
- Must have a valid class of driver’s license for the size of vehicle you wish to drive for Sysco.
- Preferred 1 year experience driving tractor trailer or straight truck depending on the position you are applying for.
- Must have a recent (within 3 months) clean criminal record check.
- Must have a 5 year driver’s abstract.
- Must have Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage in accordance with the owner and number of personnel that will be working for your business.
- Must have a business license and GST number.
- Must have an Alberta Safety Fitness Certificate.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- You must own or lease a 2007 or newer, tandem axle power unit or straight truck and it must be white in colour.
- Tandem axle day cabs are most suitable for this type of work.
- Must have a recent CVI.
- Must have vehicle registration for country or city according to where the Independent Contractor has requested to operate.
- Must have $100,000 non owner insurance coverage on the trailer.
- Must have $2,000,000 liability insurance.
- City operators must have a minimum of $25,000 cargo insurance.
- Country operators must have a minimum of $50,000 cargo insurance.