SIGNING BONUS OF $3,000!
Sysco Calgary is GROWING – we are looking for Class 1 Owner/Operators to service our customers in Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Radium, Cranbrook, Golden and Calgary. Sysco ICA drivers live and work in the communities we serve.
Sysco’s contracted Independent Cartage Agents (ICA’s) enjoy:
- Annual income opportunity exceeding $140,000 (dependent on route and schedule assignment).
- Daily assignments – be home at the end of each day!
- Fee adjustments for rising fuel costs.
- A consistent supply of work.
Benefits of becoming an Independent Contractor Agent (ICA ) with Sysco:
1. Be home every night - all routes come home the same day within legal hours.
2. Routes are paid by kilometres, weight, and difficulty of the stop (1,2,3,4,5).
3. ICAs can purchase Sysco products at a discounted rate.
4. ICAs are paid bi-weekly.
5. Get a yearly allowance of $400 for your uniforms.
6. Be your own company.
7. Customer service and food safety training is provided.
1. Must have a valid Class 1 driver’s license.
2. Must have a minimum of 1 year experience driving tractor trailer or straight truck depending on the position you are applying for.
3. Must have a recent (within 3 months) clean criminal record check.
4. Must have a driver’s abstract with no more than 3 demerit points.
5. Must have Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage in accordance with the owner and number of personnel that will be working for your business.
6. Must have a business license.
7. Must have a GST number.
8. Must have an Alberta Safety Fitness Certificate.
9. Must have steel toe boots.
10. Must be hard-working, self-motivated, organized and consistently display superior customer service and communication skills.
11. Must be organized, punctual and reliable.
1. You must own or lease a tandem axle power unit or straight truck that is less than 5 years old and white in colour.
2. Tandem axle day cabs are most suitable for this type of work.
3. Must have a recent CVIP.
4. Must have vehicle registration for the province you reside in.
1. Must have $100,000 non-owner insurance coverage on the trailer.
2. Must have $2,000,000 liability insurance.
3. Must have a minimum of $50,000 cargo insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be considered as an independently contracted driver (owner/operator) with Sysco Calgary, please provide an updated resume, the details of your vehicle, and a current driver abstract in response to this ad. We review all contracts, responsibilities, and rates in detail with each potential operator during the interview process.