Syntax is a well-established software consulting firm with offices in Quebec, Ontario and the US Northeast. We have an opportunity in our Montreal office for a Payroll Administrator/ Assistant Controller.
1. Expense Account – Vouching, Matching, Collecting, Reclassifying, Rebilling
2. Bi-weekly Payroll input and submit
3. Journal Entries: Bi-weekly payroll allocation JE; Monthly insurance JE; Expense Report Reclassifying Entries; Salaries Reclassifications; Wage Accrual.
4. Insurance Renewals: monitor and maintain with carriers: RBC insurance, Great West, Claim Secure.
5. US payroll: maintenance using excel, and research requirements
7. Deal with day to day employee requests
8. Maintain and improve excel tracking system by employee for
- Insurance benefits
- Premiums collect and paid out
- Commissions and incentives paid out
9. Initiative: eg create excel vacation tracking tools; maximize utilization of HR function of current payroll service provider; improve on filing system for Payroll items
General Accounting Duties
1. Remittance of Canadian Sales Tax – Every month on the 20th
2. Remittance of US Sales Tax – Every month on the 20thth
3. Journal Entries: Depreciation – Maintaining Fixed Asset Schedules; Prepaid Assets – Maintaining Prepaid Asset Schedules; Employees Receivable Schedule and Maintenance; Set up accruals.
4. Analysis of GL Accounts on a special request basis
1. Payroll experience
2. Insurance – Concept of Taxable Benefits
3. Remittance of DAS, Quebec & Ontario
4. Optional – US Payroll Reporting
5. Year End Payroll Processing for Canadian Company and US Company
6. Intermediate knowledge of Excel 2003
- Required: Bachelors of Finance, Major in Accounting
- Preferable: CGA Entry Level Position
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status. Sorry, no visa sponsorships available.
- Bilingual in English and French.
Forward resume highlighting details of relevant experience, reference # 9100-1i