Synopsys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun loving place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee), mountain veiwJuly 16, 2015
The management of the company is very good. workload is not too much.Every one in the company is very helpful. The senior member give chance to their juniors to learn from them and to grow them technically strong
Productive, Dynamic Workplace
R&D Engineer II (Verification IP Developer) (Current Employee), NoidaJune 6, 2015
Pros: Opportunities and learning curve is good
Cons: Salary and benefits not exactly proportional to individual contribution
A typical day involves a few support calls and technical consultations, current work assignment and few meetings. There is generally good visibility of your work. Salary and benefits could be more tuned to actual individual contributions rather than continuous efforts at flattening the pay curve.

Opportunities are not rare if you have the skills required.
good and productive place to work
Software engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 27, 2015
well organized, cooperative environment, great place and facility to work, and good work-like balance.
it's a good environment for learning and developing new skills, in a supportive environment.
management and co-worker are reasonable and cooperative.
EDA Leader
CAE Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Comprehensive benefits, new offices
Cons: Commuting traffic, work schedules
While the leader in the EDA field, Synopsys tends to try to run a middle-of-the-road course in general compared to other Silicon Valley companies. Management tends to be fairly intelligent and cautious about over-expansion, which served the company well during the economic downturns of the recent past. As a result they were able to navigate tough times with minimal layoffs and a solid balance sheet. Which is not to say they are any more (or less) caring on a personal basis than any other large company, despite company propaganda to the contrary. The work environment is relaxed and casual, but not so much so that it becomes "strange".The company has firm goals and expectations, and generally employees are responsible and rise to the challenge to achieve. At times it can be a very high pressure environment, but that is par for the course in Silicon Valley.
It was a very good internship.
Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good learning opportunity and environment
I learned a lot about how to use Microsoft SharePoint. You have to be able to learn a lot on your own. Coworkers are willing to help you, but they can only help you so much. If something goes wrong, it is essential to identify the error. The best part of the job was learning how to read data from a SharePoint library.
Good place to learn
Verification Engineer Intern (R&D) (Current Employee), Mountain view, CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: advancement
Very good place to start you career, but very limited chances for advancement. Management is good and transparent. Will have a lot of opportunities to learn. Difficult to get in since, people stay for long.
Great staff and management
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2015
I contracted here, so I really can't comment on the compensation/benefits. From what I understand they were great at the time I worked there.
A great place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 15, 2015
Synopsys is a wonderful company with a global presence and a great work environment.
This company is #1 in EDA but beware of their management
Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible vacation schedule, challenging work, good benefits
Cons: rampant with company politics
Synopsys I believe is a good company(or so I thought it was), but it definitely depends on the business unit you are in and the associated dynamics of the accounts you support (from my position as an FAE). Managers are not always on top of things that they should be, especially when it comes to proper personel management, and can influenced and intimated by members in other BUs. The bottom line is that I would likely not work for this company again but on the other-hand, I believe they are probably no different than many other large EDA companies out there in terms of how they treat people.
TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 30, 2014
Learned a lot in the short time I was here. The HR team was great I wish the contract was longer but I was only hired to cover for vacations and my contract was not in the budget for the next quarter
SCM Build/Release Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 16, 2014
in this company work goes smoothly and even some times we are allowed to work from home
A good place to work and have life
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Changning, ShanghaiSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: badmiton time and birthday cake party
Managers are so kind that they are always willing to help you whatever the problems you have.
Before starting work formally, it will be a two-month training to help you to know what to do and how to do.
All tools that will be used have their own documents to reference.
Exciting and fun workplace
R&D Engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent company
Cons: no cons
I wrote EDA tools. Good management.
Coworkers very helpful
State of the art EDA technology
Platforms Marketing - Partner Relations Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: friendly helpful people
Cons: extremely long hous
Synopsys creates advanced Electronic Design Automation software. It is the leading company in this field. The management of the company has created an environment where everyone feels a part of the success of the company.
Everyone pulls in the same direction.
Video Production tools/applications provider
Lead Applications/Product/QA/Test Engineer (Former Employee), Victor, NYJuly 21, 2014
Top of class provider of Video editing and production hardware and soffware.

Great location to work, great fitness trails. great culture.

Management was open and approachable.
good place to work
Senior Software R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 20, 2014
good place to work;
nice co-workers;
good work-life balance
Good company
Cooperate Application Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2014
Worked in Physical libraries. Synopsys provides many solutions in software and soft IP.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Mountain ViewMay 23, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: location to far
Love working here.
Location to far from home.
Bad traffic.
Company moving.
Productive and Fun work place
Corporate Application Engineer (Current Employee), Marlborough, MassachusettsMay 13, 2014
I was really pleasant and a good learning experience. I was really pleasant and a good learning experience. I was really pleasant and a good learning experience.
good pingpong experience.
Senior Release Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View CA.April 29, 2014
50% of my time is on daily integrator work and 50% is projects.
I learned how release products on time.
management may have some issue because support R&D and products is not the 1st thing to do.
co-workers are good.