Synopsys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working enviroment
Senior R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 22, 2016
good work life balance compared to other
challenging work
Nice co-workers to work with.
it is just the industry is dying
A great place to work
Graphic Designer II (Current Employee), Yerevan, ArmeniaMarch 13, 2016
Synopsys gives a great opportunity to work in a friendly and professional atmosphere. I got extensive experience and all-time learning during my work, which I highly value and proud of.
Normal typical workplace
Sr. System Administrator (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 26, 2015
Place is just like any other places. Work day is typical 9-5 and co-workers are great. Willing to help you in any way possible.
Productive and very organized company.
Analog and Mixed Signals Layout Design Engineer (Former Employee), Yerevan, ArmeniaOctober 22, 2015
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment. Especially our team was really frendly and responsive.
Productive and good work-life balance
Customer Applications Intern (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2015
A good platform to learn lot of skills and develop knowledge. The Work culture and people are really helpful. Lot of social activities which keeps you relaxed and makes you socially active.
Exciting software development company
IT End User Manager (Former Employee), Mount View, WISeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Exciting environment; lots of employee fun events to go along with work
Cons: Management turnover resulted in lack of direction within IT
Hired as the in-house computer help desk manager and within 6 months was promoted to the Unix/Network Server Manager.

While there, lots of management turnover occurred and I was given little direction or support. In the meantime, I was offered a better position.
OK place
Analyst (Current Employee), USASeptember 14, 2015
OK place to be, with lots of different challenges. You can learn new things on a daily basis.
Average benefits. You can learn a lot in finance.
great work environment
Staff Field Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Mount View, WIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good top management, great co-workers
Cons: NA
Synopsys was a great place to work. Management always worked methodically to come to the most mutually satisfying solutions , as customer and internal situations arose!
I would absolutely recommend it to anyone working in the EDA field.
-Michael
Stable company
Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 25, 2015
Synopsys is a great company to work for.
Synopsys is growing like a startup.
The CEO is one of the best leaders in the valley.
Fun loving place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee), mountain veiwJuly 16, 2015
The management of the company is very good. workload is not too much.Every one in the company is very helpful. The senior member give chance to their juniors to learn from them and to grow them technically strong
Productive, Dynamic Workplace
R&D Engineer II (Verification IP Developer) (Current Employee), NoidaJune 6, 2015
Pros: Opportunities and learning curve is good
Cons: Salary and benefits not exactly proportional to individual contribution
A typical day involves a few support calls and technical consultations, current work assignment and few meetings. There is generally good visibility of your work. Salary and benefits could be more tuned to actual individual contributions rather than continuous efforts at flattening the pay curve.

Opportunities are not rare if you have the skills required.
good and productive place to work
Software engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 27, 2015
well organized, cooperative environment, great place and facility to work, and good work-like balance.
it's a good environment for learning and developing new skills, in a supportive environment.
management and co-worker are reasonable and cooperative.
EDA Leader
CAE Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Comprehensive benefits, new offices
Cons: Commuting traffic, work schedules
While the leader in the EDA field, Synopsys tends to try to run a middle-of-the-road course in general compared to other Silicon Valley companies. Management tends to be fairly intelligent and cautious about over-expansion, which served the company well during the economic downturns of the recent past. As a result they were able to navigate tough times with minimal layoffs and a solid balance sheet. Which is not to say they are any more (or less) caring on a personal basis than any other large company, despite company propaganda to the contrary. The work environment is relaxed and casual, but not so much so that it becomes "strange".The company has firm goals and expectations, and generally employees are responsible and rise to the challenge to achieve. At times it can be a very high pressure environment, but that is par for the course in Silicon Valley.
It was a very good internship.
Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good learning opportunity and environment
I learned a lot about how to use Microsoft SharePoint. You have to be able to learn a lot on your own. Coworkers are willing to help you, but they can only help you so much. If something goes wrong, it is essential to identify the error. The best part of the job was learning how to read data from a SharePoint library.
Good place to learn
Verification Engineer Intern (R&D) (Current Employee), Mountain view, CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: advancement
Very good place to start you career, but very limited chances for advancement. Management is good and transparent. Will have a lot of opportunities to learn. Difficult to get in since, people stay for long.
Great staff and management
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2015
I contracted here, so I really can't comment on the compensation/benefits. From what I understand they were great at the time I worked there.
A great place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 15, 2015
Synopsys is a wonderful company with a global presence and a great work environment.
This company is #1 in EDA but beware of their management
Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible vacation schedule, challenging work, good benefits
Cons: rampant with company politics
Synopsys I believe is a good company(or so I thought it was), but it definitely depends on the business unit you are in and the associated dynamics of the accounts you support (from my position as an FAE). Managers are not always on top of things that they should be, especially when it comes to proper personel management, and can influenced and intimated by members in other BUs. The bottom line is that I would likely not work for this company again but on the other-hand, I believe they are probably no different than many other large EDA companies out there in terms of how they treat people.
TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 30, 2014
Learned a lot in the short time I was here. The HR team was great I wish the contract was longer but I was only hired to cover for vacations and my contract was not in the budget for the next quarter
SCM Build/Release Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 16, 2014
in this company work goes smoothly and even some times we are allowed to work from home
Headquarters