Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: congenial work place
Cons: anxiety of job role changes
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Very Good
Research Scientist (Former Employee), GAJuly 2, 2014
Very Good work place.
Working with this company is a wonderful experience.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: career growth, money.
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
Depends a lot on your own drive
Demand Manager (Current Employee), baselJune 24, 2014
Pros: absolute respect for work/life balance, space to grow, growing industry
Cons: very good market but the company is not capturing 100% the potential
Even though some of the legacy companies of Syngenta are more than 100 old, Syngenta itself is still forming.
Its a very good place to work if you are proactive, self directed and can handle uncertainty.
This is because too much of the organizational structure and accountabilities are not 100% clear and it relies a lot in individuals and informal relationships.
This – more... means that if you are proactive, you will find a huge space for development. however if you struggle to cope with this type of environment, you will find your way difficult.
Its a company full of opportunities and challenges. – less
excellence job opportunity
Operations Intern (Current Employee), PRJune 23, 2014
Since I am at Syngenta, I've learned to love the agricultural area. Also, I learned to get worried about my employees health and safety. Working in Syngenta has giving me the opportunity to develop myself in many ways as a person and as a professional.
Productive Scientific lab
Dayporter (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 22, 2014
I enjoy the experience of the labs .Its interesting how plants grow.
Organized and productive work with great management.
Crew member (Former Employee), DeWitt, IowaJune 17, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
Detasseling corn by hand with a crew. I learned to work with a team and use time management skills. The hardest part was walking all day but it was enjoyable because the crew leaders kept us busy and always were telling us ways to improve.
Typical Day
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJune 15, 2014
Good place to work just low pay, and some of the supervisors are very out there element.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKING PLACE
M SC (EVS) AS A PROCESSING INCHARGE FOR 7+ YEARS (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: duty timing is ok
* Very good Comunication.
* Ilearned more experiance in plant works
* my co workers are good co operation given to me.
Management and co-workers are easy to work with.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Lone Tree, IAJune 12, 2014
Pros: very good learning opportunities for various types of jobs, also syngenta has a very good benefit program.
Cons: inconsistent work schedule and pay could be better.
For the most part a typical day for me is very easy. I inspect the equipment that I use and start my process that I need to proficiently treat seed corn with chemicals.
I have learned a great deal about safety and the safe handling of chemicals and the safe usage of equipment and tools.
Management here at Syngenta are very friendly people and very helpful – more... and caring to your needs.
Co-workers at Syngenta are some of the best people that I have had the privilege of working with. They are very friendly and very willing to help you when you need them. That is what a team is all about.
The hardest part of my job is the inconsistent work schedule. The hours you work can change at any time.
The best parts of my job are the people that I work for and with and the great safety program that we have. Its really nice to know that a company cares as much as this company does about your safety. – less
Excelent place to work and personal development
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Central America and Caribbean regionJune 8, 2014
Pros: friendly, commitment
Cons: healtcare, good benefits
Syngenta was a good place to work, with dinamic and development personal things, learned everyday with my coworkers, all time make a capacitation in the areas where ones development.
Good people to work for and with.
Manager, Benefits, Pension & Savings Services (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: good company, good benefits, global company
Cons: offshored alot of positions
Syngenta is an excellent company with a lot of people with longevity. Although the company is growing it took a long time to integrate benefits and compensations for companies merged into company. Currently, the company harmonized its benefits along with offshore lots of positions to India. The transition of the work was not thoughtfully planned and – more... approved as needed. – less
very good MNC
Sales Unit Lead (SUL) (Current Employee), Jalpaiguri, WBMay 28, 2014
Pros: brand value
Cons: salary might be better
Very good MNC with good products. Work with fun, new challenges, learned more from this org.
I learned so much in this company and I am so satisfied with my work...
Intern (Current Employee), juana diaz , SalinasMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work we listed at the same time. It's very important to take all the materials that we have to work it. I have learned discipline,organization because the people i have to managed its very different people and it;s the most hardest part of the job. I had no limitations with that because my co workers worked in a very confortable groop – more... and we can decide in many ways and resolved the different problems that we had. I like so much work in the field because I hace the opportunity to knew how the works go on. i will like to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in another companies for my enrinchment like human and more that to apport in the benefit of that company. – less
Manual labor in the hot summer sun.
Self-pollinator (Former Employee), Northfield, MNApril 21, 2014
Working at Syngenta Seeds taught me intense manual labor, and safety policies and procedures. A typical work day consisted of self-pollinating corn on a hot summer day for 8 hours, 7 days a week. My co-workers were all hard working did the same job as me. The hardest part of the job was reaching the tasills on the big stocks of corn. The most enjoyable – more... part was being outside all day and learning agriculture skills. – less
Syngenta Seed
Dispatcher/Temp Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: easy-going environment
Cons: pay, benefits, repetition, no room for advancement
Overall, my experience with this company has been pleasant. However, as a contracted temp worker, the benefits are lacking. The pay is decent at best, and there is no room for advancement. Since I work in a smaller office, there are only about 5 other co-workers in the same building. Half of them are temp workers like me and the other half are full – more... employees. Since I am a temp worker, I do not receive vacation time, sick time, health benefits, ect. which is very important to me. On top of that, they have to lay off the temp workers once every 6 months, otherwise they have to hire them in. So this is not a steady job. Other than that, I do enjoy the work and the co-workers. The normal day-to-day activities include setting up shipments for dealers (this is a dispatch job), calling dealers and sales reps, emailing, and completing spreadsheets. The hardest part of the job is the repetition. When you come in every day, you do the exact same tasks and sometimes it can be hard to focus.The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable environment. – less
Changing environment
Global Business process lead - General Ledger (Former Employee), Basel, BSApril 2, 2014
Global framework, international project, top down culture, multicultural challenges
High pace and exciting
Production Tech (Current Employee), Phillips, NEMarch 25, 2014
Pros: change of pace not always doing the same thing. job changes through the year
Cons: long hours and hard to plan in advace for not knowing what your shift, or hours will be.
Your job can change from season to season. It always keeps you on your toes with a high pace work place.
Good learning experience
Instrumentation Intern (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 18, 2014
I work with the instrument guys learning how to troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and maintain the instruments in the field that run our processes. These include rosemount level,pressure,flow transmitters. Micro-motions, usuage of the 475, and everyday calibrations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs¬†were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos