Syngenta

Syngenta Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flat organization with intelligent and helpful people
Process Engineer, GB Biosciences (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: pretty flat organization
Cons: locations
My experience is mainly as a chemical engineer at the manufacturing plants. I've been impressed both by how the organization attempts to share knowledge across geographical locations and the development of its employees. The company stresses a healthy work-life balance, and encourages collaboration across many different sectors. Everyone I've worked – more... with has been kind and helpful. – less
Great Summer Internship
Product Labeling & Technology Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the Greensboro site. Very predictable work schedule and reasonable expectations from supervisor. Wage was reflective of my skill-level and the type of work I was completing.
Very nice and challenging work place
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFOctober 12, 2014
As a finance analyst at Syngenta, I was directly involved into business, working closely with all departments, analyzing function costs, the sales on all crops and plant protection materials, managing and comment the downsides and upsides.I was very close with my colleagues from finance - territory level (South East Europe), sending weekly and monthly – more... reports about the financial activity from Romania and Moldova. I learned how to analyze variances, how to transpose into words what I am seeing in figures, I learned to pay attention to details, to be flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others. I like to have lots of ideas and enthusiasm and to be efficient at work. – less
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you learn alot of information on the job
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they – more... all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well. – less
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, – more... and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling. – less
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: gift cards for achievements
Cons: working every weekend
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except – more... the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging. – less
• Coordinating with depots for stock requirement and performing physical verification of stock. • Ageing and analysis for customer accounts. • Process
SBU-Accounts In charge (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 25, 2014
 Strong domain experience in FI-accounts payable/receivables, asset accounting and SAP R/3 in FI/CO.
 Thorough knowledge in FI-GL, AR, AP & Asset Management
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee), Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no benefits
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: congenial work place
Cons: anxiety of job role changes
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Very Good
Research Scientist (Former Employee), GAJuly 2, 2014
Very Good work place.
Working with this company is a wonderful experience.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: career growth, money.
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
Depends a lot on your own drive
Demand Manager (Current Employee), baselJune 24, 2014
Pros: absolute respect for work/life balance, space to grow, growing industry
Cons: very good market but the company is not capturing 100% the potential
Even though some of the legacy companies of Syngenta are more than 100 old, Syngenta itself is still forming.
Its a very good place to work if you are proactive, self directed and can handle uncertainty.
This is because too much of the organizational structure and accountabilities are not 100% clear and it relies a lot in individuals and informal relationships.
This – more... means that if you are proactive, you will find a huge space for development. however if you struggle to cope with this type of environment, you will find your way difficult.
Its a company full of opportunities and challenges. – less
excellence job opportunity
Operations Intern (Current Employee), PRJune 23, 2014
Since I am at Syngenta, I've learned to love the agricultural area. Also, I learned to get worried about my employees health and safety. Working in Syngenta has giving me the opportunity to develop myself in many ways as a person and as a professional.
Productive Scientific lab
Dayporter (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 22, 2014
I enjoy the experience of the labs .Its interesting how plants grow.
Organized and productive work with great management.
Crew member (Former Employee), DeWitt, IowaJune 17, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
Detasseling corn by hand with a crew. I learned to work with a team and use time management skills. The hardest part was walking all day but it was enjoyable because the crew leaders kept us busy and always were telling us ways to improve.
Typical Day
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJune 15, 2014
Good place to work just low pay, and some of the supervisors are very out there element.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKING PLACE
M SC (EVS) AS A PROCESSING INCHARGE FOR 7+ YEARS (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: duty timing is ok
* Very good Comunication.
* Ilearned more experiance in plant works
* my co workers are good co operation given to me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos