Syncreon

Syncreon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Syncreon is contracted by Chrysler LLC to operate the MRO/Tool Stores operations.
Tool Store Supervisor (Current Employee), trenton, MichiganOctober 31, 2013
Cons: the postion has no advancement potential.
Syncreon is contracted by Chrysler LLC to operate its MRO/Tool Stores operations. We follow all the processes and procedures in the Chrysler World Class Management system.

I am the Lead Supervisor at the Trenton Engine Complex and responsible for the scheduling of the other Supervisors and team members to the required operational times. I am have the – more... responsibility of maintaining the current inventory ($10 million) with monthly receipts of $1.2 million and daily disbursements of $1.0 million.

Daily functions include review of the previous days receipts and disbursement records for accuracy and integrity. Another part of the job is to expedite materials that are needed to maintain production schedules. – less
Style over substance
Configuration Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no microwave in management breakroom, security check includes taking off belt and shoes, always have to wait on other departments to supply your workload, slowdown at end of year brings lay-offs.
Upper management turnover occurred as frequently as temp worker turnover. Management leaned towards maintaining 5S over fixing the processes.
Fast paced automotive warehouse and sequencing.
Shipping Receiving and Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), ILOctober 4, 2013
Syncreon provides material planning and logistics for Belvidere Chrysler.
Shift Manager at Syncreon
Logistics Center Shift Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: competitive wages, team atmosphere, ability for advancement in the company
Cons: inconsistent workload
A typical day at Syncreon starts with a walkthrough of the facility. This will give me an overall look at production from the day before. I am looking for anything out of the ordinary, freight not in the right place, Safety and Security violations, 5s non compliances. Managing a 24 hour facility requires full understanding of process flow and effective – more... EOS communication to work as one team. This opportunity taught me the ability to set expectations, follow up, delegate production goals that are to large for one shift to complete, and trust my counter partners to develop a teamwork atmosphere. The hardest part of this job was the consistence change in freight volumes and managing headcount to promote a positive financial trend. The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily challenge, this provides an atmosphere that forces you to grow daily and obtain experiences that will only help you react effectively to similar future situations. – less
Nice place to work to get into the world of logistics.
logistics coordinator (Current Employee), Addison, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Good place to work for first time logistics employees. Too many different management titles.
Expect Little
Not applicable. (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: crazy work hours. some guys have worked 16 hours or more in a row.
Syncreon at the corporate level must be great, but I'm not here to write about the values in the company handbook.

Will you clean toilets and vacuum? You will be expected to do this if you work here.

Do you like to handle boxes with 2 years worth of dust on them? You will be doing this.

Do you have a CDL and prefer to drive loads? Well expect to – more... drive around 1 day a week and be working hard in the heat and cold of the warehouse the rest of the time. – less
Keeps Me Busy
Operator / Production (Current Employee), York, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: short breaks, no set schedual
Long Hours on a typical day is fine. but they never tell you when your leaving till the last minute and it changes constantly. the days you work change by the hour. Not many breaks. And the co workers are hired right of the street. Good job if you dont have a job, bad if you want to actually become something in life and want a career.
Summary
SAP Lead Intern (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 15, 2013
Great company to work for. Everyone has been very helpful throughout my internship. Able to communicate with anyone and develop professional skills.
Horrible management
worker (Current Employee), allentown, paAugust 8, 2013
Pros: its work
Cons: management
Was nice until the new manager came and converted the place into a prison like environment. No decent raises in years. Place went down hill since the new manager took over. We lost many good employees since then. We almost lost our customers as well.
Productive workplace with warehouse experience
Team Lead (Current Employee), York, PAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, work hours, and pay rate isn't too bad
Cons: work schedule, poor union representation
Subcontract build parts for Harley Davidson Motorcycle co. I've learned how to manage a group of workers and supervise a department. Also gaining the knowledge to do whatever it takes to get the job done, while maintaining safe work habits, precision, and accuracy.
SLAVE LABOR
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), YORK PAJuly 15, 2013
Cons: everything
WORST JOB IVE EVER HAD HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION NO CARE FOR THE EMPLOYEES HORRIBLE AND MEAN MANAGEMENT
Fast paced workplace with amazing benefits.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Addison, ILJuly 9, 2013
Pros: opportinities to volunteer, office bake sales
Cons: long hours, stressful
I work with the East coast mainly so I start my days very early. This is a fast past work environment with 24 hour turn around service and very deadline orientated. This position has taught me how to multi task and also the importance of a deadline. It has also helped me see the how customer relations plays a big role in logistics. Our work environment – more... can be stressful at times but management and my co-workers are always there willing to offer a helping hand. – less
Fast paced environment
inventory control (Former Employee), Dayton, NJJuly 7, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: it ended too soon
It started off being very busy and then after 6 months it died down.
It was wonderful to work there, unfortunately it was over too soon.
fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Grapevine,txJune 26, 2013
worked overnight, very nice people, lot of work, terrible management.
Syncreon is a nice place to work
SRM Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Addison, ILJune 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: i travel too far.
It is a relaxed work place. I have learned several different tasks and programs while here. I work with an awesome group of people! The hardest part for me is the distance.
certain employee should be train as floaters
parts tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 27, 2013
I would begin my day with talking with my supervisor asking him what did we have to pull and ship out for that day and what departments was going to get hit hard with orders so that I could help them . I worked my own area but I was trained in other departments so I would be able to float around so I could help others
Testing radios
Car Radio Trouble Shooter/Tester (Former Employee), Hebron, KYApril 12, 2013
I had to test radios make sure they functioned right
I learned how to use my time correctly
co-workers were nice
Hardest is when we had to make sure each had a lable and write down the correct numbers and dot each radio after tested.
N/A
Supplier Relationship Management Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2013
I certainly learned how to meet deadlines under pressure. I development numerous business relationship with vendors and other suppliers. The highlight was being able to to train new hires on processes and attempting to build a culture of teamwork.
Good Job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2013
Pros: weekends off and good hours with a great crew.
Cons: limited space to grow in company and no benefits for temp. workers, 3 to 4 years to even be considered for full time employment.
It was a decent job and I would have continued on if I didn't catch Pneumonia. But overall it was a up and coming company with a possible future in a couple of years.I got SAP training from this company and we quality checked everything and made sure it was ready for shipping.
Slave drivers who dont know what there doing
matetal handler (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 9, 2013
The hardest part of the this job was doing supervisors work for a fraction of the compensation