Synaptop is seeking a UX Designer to contribute to the redesign of Synaptop’s website as part of the launch of a new version. The ideal candidate would be flexible in their role, and can work well taking direction from the Director. A UX Designer will be responsible for the redesign of Synaptop’s web app icons. Samples of work are most important, so please send us the best showing of work that represents you. More information on Synaptop is available at http://www.synaptop.com On logging in, users are presented with web apps. Icons for these web apps need to be redesigned.
- Three or more years as a practicing user experience or icon designer
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web/desktop application usability design
- Strong visual design skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills as well as demonstrated visual communication skills
- Significant working experience with appropriate design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of basic design principles (e.g., typography, color, grids, etc.)
- Comfortable working with a website CMS (Wordpress preferably)
- Basic understanding of PHP
- Experience in a related role
- Ability to collaborate with a team and also work autonomously
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Strong understanding of typography and design
This is a part-time/contract position.