Symcor Employee Reviews

Its a very fun place to work
cheque processor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2016
I enjoy working at Symcor because everyone is very productive and encouraging. The Management is very well. I also like the fact that every month we get rewarded with parties.
low compensation but good work life balance
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
they seem to waste a lot of time in meetings instead of doing productive stuff. Management did not give feedback until day of review.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
irresponsive management, low compensation, excessive meetings
Lots of change, poor management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  1 RSP27 January 2016
As with any company there are good and bad areas to work in. The ISS-TS area is definitely a bad area to work in . The leadership is very poor with declining morale and motivation across all areas. Everyone is over-worked with no assistance in sight. A very depressing place to work.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Poor management, low morale, too much work
Great place to work.
PRODUCTION CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2016
Great place to work room for advancement and growth opportunities to learn new things programs friendly environment attention to detail
Pros
bonuses
Cons
commute
I enjoyed working with my colleaques, Team work is great, however, there is no opportunity to grow and develop.
Proof Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont31 August 2015
I enjoyed working with my colleagues and I learned a lot from them. Team work is great. My Supervisor is very supportive. However, there is no opportunity to grow and develop
Productive and great benefits
Insertion Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 August 2015
-Take care of their employees well,
- great pay and promotion opportunities
- great and helpful benefits ( short-term and long-term)
-Co-workers were very friendly and helpful
- Adjust employees vacations well and are very understanding when it came to family matters/emergencies
easy and comfortable job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
Mail is sent from different banks such as Toronto dominion and Scotiabank. We take mail from banks and sort them into their categories and making sure stamp the right prices for each piece of mail.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
only part time
Hard working and productive workplace, but can become quite tedious.
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Don Mills31 May 2015
Set up at work station and grab a couple bundles of checks. Then proceed to encode the checks or fix any mistakes and errors for the remainder of the time working there.

Time management and efficiency is important. Very minimum stress and incentive pay is very nice.

Hard to move up the ladder and can become tedious; same work day in and day out.
Balance
Mail and Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2015
Working here was a constant repetitiveness, they never really allowed any enhancement for growth, as well lacked the energy that was needed to drive for success.
Good company to work for.
Insertion Clerk /Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2014
• Keyed transits, amounts, and verified dates.
• Checked encoding (numeric data entry) and balancing.
• Processed physical and electronic checks.
• Processed payments, verified rejected checks.
• Responsible for statement production and document management.
• Data Entry 18000 keystrokes, 27 wpm.
Pros
Nice work environment
Fast paced, fun but also hard working environment
Data Preparation Clerk (Former Employee) –  calgary3 October 2014
I generally liked working here, i kept busy and everyone that worked here was nice and welcoming. The only thing i didn't enjoy about the job were the hours, i wanted a morning job and this was night shift.
Pros
little parties for employees all the time
Cons
night shift
bank and commecial statement processing.
SENIOR MANUAL INSERTION CLERK (Former Employee) –  1625 tech avenue mississauga2 October 2014
Rencode cheques into system to ensure bank is balanced
• locate and correct any bank error
• achievement: Top Performance Employee
• achievement: 5 out of 5 Manager Evaluation
A very fast and enjoyable work with the high tight deadlines
Associate 1 / Payment processing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2014
A day begins with thousands of payments invoices need to be process with the tight deadlines. I learned very valuable lessons such as how to handled the tight deadlines with the high volume, how to organize the work, how to communicate and handled if any issue comes, and learned about how to handled the clients work. Management is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is the deadlines for some companies payments has to process at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is very fast and time fly quickly and very friendly environment. My co- workers are very cool and friendly and i like them all.
Account Payable Analyst
Account Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  1 Robert Speck Parkways Mississauga26 July 2014
Recording Account Payable Invoices in EIRS IBM Lotus 8.5, Allocation expenses according to concern departments, Purchase order matching in Oracle, EFT and Checks processing and verifying the EFT/Checks statements with recorded Invoices
Travail en équipe
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal22 July 2014
Mettre en pratique mes connaissances comptables

Tenue de livres
Paie
TPS/TVQ
États financiers
Pros
Doué pour les chiffres
Cons
Efforts en apprentissage de l'anglais
not enough hours
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2014
Productive, not enough hours learning environment, cutback on temp employee
Pros
busy during christmas time
Cons
off season not enough hours
Fun place to work. Very diverse feeling.
Proof Operator/Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  #1 Prince Andrew24 April 2014
Fast paced evironment. Ensure that quality is served to our customers.
Pros
A lot of social activities
Productive and fast-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2014
- With minimal supervision and direction, my day would start off with instructions on what tasks need to be completed by the end of the day.
- I learned that, in this particular work environment, working with important and confidential data, it is okay to find shortcuts to get the job done, however, not all shortcuts are reliable. Sometimes taking the long route is the only way to get the job done perfectly.
- With very little change of plans and/or distractions, I was able to create an efficient system that worked for me and helped with the productivity for the day.
- My co-workers were very helpful with guiding me through the process. They gave me tips on the systems that they used to get the job done to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- The hardest part of the job was only the physical aspect or it. Although being seated all day, the posture of the body (back, neck, shoulders, etc.) would cause straining in some areas along with minor headaches here and there.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was that I don't mind all the paperwork. While working at my own pace (which is quite fast), I had the chance to mingle with my co-workers to help pass the time.
Night Work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2013
Majority of the time i had to process checks for major banks, this was an overnight job, which worked very well with my school hours.
Pros
Night Shifts
Cons
Transportation and Security to work
productive and good work team
Account payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2013
one day our payable department go out together to have lunch, we talked happily,like family, friends. Our manager is so kind, he told us how to work with each other and arrange the activities for the next week.
The hardest part of the job is to sit almost all day in the chair,except the lunch time. The most enjoyable part of this job is i can deal with what i interest and learned from school.
Pros
good environment
Cons
long sit