Symcor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2014
- With minimal supervision and direction, my day would start off with instructions on what tasks need to be completed by the end of the day.
- I learned that, in this particular work environment, working with important and confidential data, it is okay to find shortcuts to get the job done, however, not all shortcuts are reliable. Sometimes taking the long route is the only way to get the job done perfectly.
- With very little change of plans and/or distractions, I was able to create an efficient system that worked for me and helped with the productivity for the day.
- My co-workers were very helpful with guiding me through the process. They gave me tips on the systems that they used to get the job done to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- The hardest part of the job was only the physical aspect or it. Although being seated all day, the posture of the body (back, neck, shoulders, etc.) would cause straining in some areas along with minor headaches here and there.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was that I don't mind all the paperwork. While working at my own pace (which is quite fast), I had the chance to mingle with my co-workers to help pass the time.
I loved what i did...sad that i moved away
Statement Processing Operator (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJuly 20, 2012
• Support the automated Statements area by performing insertion activities for all clients.
• Operation of Statement processing equipment for purposes of insertion of all applications for clients.
• Ensure service commitments are met on a consistent and timely basis with high degree of quality and accuracy.
• Ensures quality control measures and department goals are met and /or exceeded.
• Ensures optimal operation efficiencies are achieved by continuous process improvement.
• Organizes and prioritizes workload to meet service level commitments
• Display adaptability and innovation to change.
• Maximizes the benefits of technological advances
High productive and learning environment
Clerk Processor (Former Employee), Macowan and Bellamy,Scarborough, OntarioNovember 15, 2012
Pros: free food at all the celebrations.
Cons: big work load for three different big banks cofusing and chances to make errors
A typical day at work was to deal with so many cheques physically and in the computer system to screen them, to sort them and render them.Some of the international funds needed convertion and balancing which I was in charge of doing.

I learned speed and accuracy.

Merged bank upper management and very good supervisors to work with.

I had a very busy quiet co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was sorting and pre-screening the foreighn cheques.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other departments when we had lower volumes.
A very fast and enjoyable work with the high tight deadlines
Associate 1 / Payment processing (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
A day begins with thousands of payments invoices need to be process with the tight deadlines. I learned very valuable lessons such as how to handled the tight deadlines with the high volume, how to organize the work, how to communicate and handled if any issue comes, and learned about how to handled the clients work. Management is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is the deadlines for some companies payments has to process at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is very fast and time fly quickly and very friendly environment. My co- workers are very cool and friendly and i like them all.
productive and good work team
Account payable (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: long sit
one day our payable department go out together to have lunch, we talked happily,like family, friends. Our manager is so kind, he told us how to work with each other and arrange the activities for the next week.
The hardest part of the job is to sit almost all day in the chair,except the lunch time. The most enjoyable part of this job is i can deal with what i interest and learned from school.
Hard working and productive workplace, but can become quite tedious.
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Don MillsMay 31, 2015
Set up at work station and grab a couple bundles of checks. Then proceed to encode the checks or fix any mistakes and errors for the remainder of the time working there.

Time management and efficiency is important. Very minimum stress and incentive pay is very nice.

Hard to move up the ladder and can become tedious; same work day in and day out.
the financials would not allow salary increases for several years.
Document Control, Print Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 5, 2013
Pros: scheduled production work.
Cons: favorites do no work and do not complain about it...
a dead end job.

they seem to like NON English speaking immigrants.
they had just built a new centre in Calgary but lost major
contracts so the laid-off over 70 people and shipped all of the
big machinery back to Toronto.
All department / workers are easy going and co-operative
Print Team Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 19, 2012
Pros: ttc access was a big plus; although i drove to work (free parking)
Cons: the driving distance
I had a very good time while I was employed there (IBM & Scotia Bank) , but it a business decision by head office that the Computer Operations department was outsourced to SYMCOR.
While working there it was very pleasant and enjoyment time
Lots of change, poor management
Senior Manager (Current Employee), 1 RSPJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Some good people
Cons: Poor management, low morale, too much work
As with any company there are good and bad areas to work in. The ISS-TS area is definitely a bad area to work in . The leadership is very poor with declining morale and motivation across all areas. Everyone is over-worked with no assistance in sight. A very depressing place to work.
Good company to work for.
Insertion Clerk /Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
• Keyed transits, amounts, and verified dates.
• Checked encoding (numeric data entry) and balancing.
• Processed physical and electronic checks.
• Processed payments, verified rejected checks.
• Responsible for statement production and document management.
• Data Entry 18000 keystrokes, 27 wpm.
The daily workflow was a challenge
Print Team Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 19, 2012
Pros: the 12 hr rotation shift
Cons: the driving distance
I had a very good time while I was employed there , all team members were easily work with and very co-operative.
I learned other (statement) print than Bank statements itself and the interaction with other areas to ensure the SLA are met on a daily time frame.
Productive, fun place to work with recreation & team building, etc
Data Entry Operator (proof) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Run various reports, enter data in the system
Learned system and computer applications
Management is very supportive
Co-workers are very cooperative
Month-end need to work 2 to 3 days with overnights
We have recreation hall, subsidised lunches & breaks
Good place to work, but lack of hours costs it.
Wholesale Lockbox Prep (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 8, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, fun environment
Cons: lack of hours and wages
It's a very good place to work, if only there were more hours. Very nice atmosphere, very good people, just an overall lack of volume due to the changing nature of the job. Electronic submission cuts the need for many people
Productive and great benefits
Insertion Operator (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 25, 2015
-Take care of their employees well,
- great pay and promotion opportunities
- great and helpful benefits ( short-term and long-term)
-Co-workers were very friendly and helpful
- Adjust employees vacations well and are very understanding when it came to family matters/emergencies
Fast paced, fun but also hard working environment
Data Preparation Clerk (Former Employee), calgaryOctober 3, 2014
Pros: little parties for employees all the time
Cons: night shift
I generally liked working here, i kept busy and everyone that worked here was nice and welcoming. The only thing i didn't enjoy about the job were the hours, i wanted a morning job and this was night shift.
Account Payable Analyst
Account Payable Analyst (Current Employee), 1 Robert Speck Parkways MississaugaJuly 26, 2014
Recording Account Payable Invoices in EIRS IBM Lotus 8.5, Allocation expenses according to concern departments, Purchase order matching in Oracle, EFT and Checks processing and verifying the EFT/Checks statements with recorded Invoices
I enjoyed working with my colleaques, Team work is great, however, there is no opportunity to grow and develop.
Proof Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, OntAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed working with my colleagues and I learned a lot from them. Team work is great. My Supervisor is very supportive. However, there is no opportunity to grow and develop
easy and comfortable job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Simple job
Cons: only part time
Mail is sent from different banks such as Toronto dominion and Scotiabank. We take mail from banks and sort them into their categories and making sure stamp the right prices for each piece of mail.
productive and hocky table
Auto Insertion Operator (Current Employee), mississuga ontarioJuly 13, 2012
nothing
discipline,leadership,accurancy and responcibility
good enwirement,higly profile menegment
helpful ,coordinationand reliable
twelve hours job
when i complited good production
bank and commecial statement processing.
SENIOR MANUAL INSERTION CLERK (Former Employee), 1625 tech avenue mississaugaOctober 2, 2014
Rencode cheques into system to ensure bank is balanced
• locate and correct any bank error
• achievement: Top Performance Employee