Symantec

Symantec Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Advance Technical Support Engineer in Symantec (Current Employee), IndiaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: rewards and recognition
Cons: limited growth options
• Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating – more... and analyzing the symptoms
• Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.

• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.

• Diagnosing and troubleshooting issue with Operating systems, Network, Hardware such as Robotic Libraries, Controllers (RAID, SCSI, SAS, FC), Removable drives

• Upgrade/Migration of the software

• Enabling debug and collecting the necessary logs. Log reading with advance tools.

• Testing and evaluation of the new software.

• Working with software development team to enhance the functionality of the product. – less
Working in challenging conditions which make you learn new things each day.
Database Developer / Data Analyst (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2014
Involved in the analysis, design, development of enhancement Requests for database.
Tuning existing Database so as to optimize the application performance.
Data Analysis and providing reports and statistics for making Business Decisions.
Good company but, management is a mess
Anonymous reviewer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits.
Cons: bad management.
Good company, some moves weren't calculated well, company is going through turmoil, need to get back on track! Management still has old timer mentality, plays favorites when coming to promotions or advancing deserved people, that culture needs to change. Till then, they will continue to bleed good employees!
Great company
Principal Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), HerndonJuly 10, 2014
Pros: global company
Cons: no cons
I thoroughly enjoy working for Symantec; however, I would like to get back into security assessment/audit, compliance-related work.
Call center with wonderful coworkers
Associate Authentication Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice cowerkers
Cons: staggering lunch break which make it hard if one likes to have companion throughout the lunch hour
The job requires a big learning curve, but all the people on the floor were quite helpful as new hires integrated into the team. When I was there the management was changing, for the better, though it was toward the end of my time there. The hardest part of the job was definitely the learning curve as well as constant requirements change which made – more... it more difficult as one tried to understand the principal. The most enjoyable part was definitely the helpful coworkers. – less
Exciting and challenging organization.
Sr. Order and Business Ops Admin Services Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed and loved my work. I was challenged, impovered, and delivered superior results.
Localization Team Manager (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot about localization with Symantec. Management eventually closed our offices to save $$$.
Great people, very dedicated to their careers.
great place to work
General Operative (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 26, 2014
Pros: free nights out
Cons: great hours and shifts
i worked there after i left school it was a great job there would be around 8 people on each team we had to make computer softwar well m make the product up on a round table 2 of us sitting at the table making the product up it was great fun i loved that job one pack the product coming down the line shrinkwarap it then pack into a box then pack the – more... pallet

it was very rewarding job we were brought out very 3 months for a free night nite all of us got on great and had a laugh

i learned how to work as part of a time and the managment were brillan t – less
great place to work
General Operative (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 26, 2014
Pros: free nights out
Cons: great hours and shifts

i learned how to work as part of a time and the managment were brillan t – less
Sr Principal SQL DBA
Sr. Principal Database Administrator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours
Cons: too frequent organization changes
Day to day activity to maintain existing database systems.
Coworkers were knowledgeable and passionate about their work.
I learned architecture design and hardware while I was there.
Walking on a razor blade with a great view
Systems Storage Engineer -- Business Critical (Former Employee), Remote USAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great when you are on the "in"
Cons: so easy to fall out
Working for Symantec was always a precarious day to day affair where you would be praised one day and could be on the street the next. The 80/20 rule applies to the staff and colleagues. Twenty percent great people and 80% climbers that have little commitment to anything but making themselves look better than the competition.

Endless changes in management – more... where you can never really get a handle on a direction.

Not much better or worse than most of the big IT outfits but they spend and inordinate amount of time trying to convince you they are so much better than the rest.

When you are in the "in" crowd, you can do no wrong. One slip, and you are not with the "in" crowd and you are on your way out the door. – less
Good legacy but qustanable future
Sr. SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: good historic productline
Cons: what's in the future?? and will the management surview to implement any plan it has?
Still continues to be one of the biggest names in the security but not sure of the future.
Already the focus on innovation and new organic growth was missing and now The constant changes in management are making it even worse.
good
Incident / Escalation Manager (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 16, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
enjoyed working here,good company,good work culture.place to grow
valuable and knowledgeable work place.
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), PuneJune 9, 2014
Pros: faster ways to find answers via internet.
Cons: phones and other technological devices can be distracting.
*I have a checklist for the daily tasks that I made up myself. Other unforeseeable tasks that pop up throughout the day are added to it. Before I call it a day, I double check the list to make sure that everything is done.
*I think one of the most important things I've learned is persistence. Not to give up too soon, because the solution is probably – more... right in front of me.Also I've learned that every person should get second chance because first impression can often be misleading.
*management were good they mostly concentrate in our growth rather money, time etc.
*co-workers were very helpful when got stuck with some error or problem.Also make me feel personal and friendly and encourage each other.
*the hardest part of the job is the to bring quality for the product.
*the best part of my job is the people.we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team. – less
Overall good company to work for
Product Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 23, 2014
This place is a great place to start your career if you are a paralegal or office assistant.
Productive and interesting environment
Engineer Messaging and Web Security (Current Employee), Blanchardstown, Dublin 15May 23, 2014
Pros: interesting salary and work environment
Cons: no career path nor real trainings which are not symantec product related
I have learn a lot during about IT and especially IT security during the last 5 years. From small/medium businesses, to business critical and Symantec Partners needs and expectations.

The management and colleagues are really helpful and push you forward to achieve your goals.
Learning Consultant (Former Employee), BangaloreMay 21, 2014
Pros: no work timings
Cons: long hours
Minimal Supervision

Good co-workers

Overseas manager

Travelled to a couple of countries from Symantec to transfer the knowledge
Productive and Fun working place
IT Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2014
Great Co-workers
Excellent Work Life Balance
Good management
Great office
Great place to work , sorry about the products
Sales Systems Engineer (Former Employee), MexicoMay 19, 2014
Pros: great management, great benefits, growth opportunities
Cons: product portfolio
Symantec is a great place to work , highly organized as a company , but the products are going downhill. Outside of that everything is really great, the management, the teams , the sales org.
Simplified Review
Senior Technical Consultant - Pre-Sales (Current Employee), Kuala LumpurMay 14, 2014
Pros: a very detailed person, fast learner, work smart, willing to share and coach
Cons: sacrifice family time during weekday
- Meeting customers and business partners on regular basis to understand their pain points and craft out a solution that able to ease their pain as well as make their business competitive in the market.
- I had learned that every person had their own strength and weakness. Focus on their strength and leverage on it to assist them and ourselves to achieve – more... the common objectives.
- A strong team player to delight my internal and external customers. – less

About Symantec

Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and – Read more