Symantec

Symantec Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun working place
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ORFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work from home flexibility
Cons: long working hours
friendly team, state of the art facility, lot of traveling between Oregon and California.
Technical Support.
Global Support Technical Team Member (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLFebruary 24, 2014
I was impressed with company and the job Culture. The company was going through a downsizing and I was Laid off. Not very happy to leave.
Don't expect a call back
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, ORFebruary 23, 2014
I have worked at Symantec for 8 months and really enjoyed it, I hoped to get on with the company full time, however that is not the case. Every job I applied to the process would be incredibly slow (sometimes 6 months before I heard a "No") and most times I felt I wasn't even considered for any position. Overall I applied to this company 42 times and – more... only recieved 1 interview, of which I was never deemed the honor of a response, This is possibly the only company that would not respond after an interview, I would not apply to this company, or expect any type of response unless you really know someone well there. – less
Leadership lacks a clear vision
Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discount lunches, generous vacation time
Cons: minimal work-life balance, not many opportunities to take advanatage of vacation, compensation below industry standards
Many tasks are duplicated amongst different FP&A functional teams and there are many opportunities to implement process improvements. The systems add inefficiencies to our day-to-day reporting and make it difficult to ensure we are providing accurate information to our business partners. Recognition and promotion within the organization is not a standard – more... practice, it is preferred to hire external candidates instead of rewarding those who are deserving of promotions. Total compensation is not up to par compared to industry standards and bonuses are only available for Sr. Managers and above.

There lacks a clear direction and vision from management which adds difficulties while working cross-functionally.

The company can improve drastically by listening to individual contributors and understanding the key challenges that the cause inefficiencies during day-to-day tasks. Additionally turnover would be much less if incentives were in place to keep top performers.

That being said, this team does give you the opportunity to work with executive management and see the impact of your work and how it benefits the company. – less
The Work Culture and technology is very good
Component Test Lead (Current Employee), DLF IT Park, ChennaiFebruary 11, 2014
The Work environment is very good. Symantec offers lot of benefits to the employee. The work will be challenging which will give a good experience.
Productive and fun working place
Sr. SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 30, 2014
Analyzing and troubleshooting/debugging the issue with the product. Automation, test planning, the hardest part of job is estimation for unknowns and most enjoyable part is to troubleshoot and debug and automate.
Nice people and interesting industry
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE STRATEGY & INSIGHTS (Former Employee), MOUNTAIN VIEW, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with and interesting industry
Cons: very political
Really enjoyed working with the people at Symantec. It is going through lots of changes and is quite hierarchical so difficult to get things accomplished.
Fun and open workplace
Intellectual Property Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 22, 2014
I had a great time working at Symantec. Co-workers and managers were always friendly and helpful and I was able to learn a lot about intellectual property law and open source licensing.
Nice company
Java Developer (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Did a contract, nice management and good team. learned new technologies.
Review
Nice,
amazing
wonderfull
spectacular
Work life balance, good compensations
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJanuary 16, 2014
This company provides work life balance & also gives good compensations.
Good
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), PuneJanuary 14, 2014
Its one of the best company to work for.. Management is also good.
Job profile
Network security Administrator (Former Employee), mumbaiJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: core complain project
Cons: need good exposure on gateway devices
Worked as Network security Administrator;
got exposure with SSIM(symantec security information manager;
CCS(control compliance suite
Best practice report
A great place to work!
Learning Consultant (Former Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 11, 2014
Very good work culture!

Symantec is very employee friendly and believes in nurturing talent from within.
Good Company
Enterprise Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Good Company with a solid reputation although they are going through a lot of transitions.
Flexible place to work
Fraud & Risk Analyst (Former Employee), DublinJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: work on weekends
Fast pace but repetitive role. You need to constantly check que Qs and also perform a number of other tasks at the same time.

Great amount of freedom but management does not provide clear guidelines and you need to improvise as you go along.
working as an Android developer in Symantec
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 3, 2014
challenging work place. Knowledge on the Symantec Products.
Enjoyable place to work with great work/life benefits and career advancements opportunities
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 30, 2013
During my tenure at Symantec I learned a great deal about the high tech business and what it entails to operate a successful and productive organization. I had the opportunity to work with great colleagues who provided mentorship, support, and guidance towards career advancement. Although at times I was faced with many challenges, I have found that – more... these experiences equipped me with the skills and fortitude that guided me to continue to pursue growth opportunities within the company. Overall, I am very pleased with the experience I encountered during the 12+ years at Symantec. – less
Fun place to work
Associate IT Application Specialist (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaDecember 25, 2013
Pros: gives opportunity
Cons: salary
Good place to have fun with work. Great learning while working here.
Collaborative work culture
Lead - Service Excellence (Current Employee), Chennai, TNDecember 23, 2013
Collaborative work culture
Slow decision making
Good work life balance
Poor salary structure

About Symantec

Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and – Read more