Symantec

Symantec Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and challenging
Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Seoul, KoreaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: as a branch, not enough seat to promote for working here long time.
Fun and challenging.
Good solutions.
Flexible culture.
As a branch office, small size of company.
Smart colleagues.
A great place to work
Distribution Sales Manager, Consumer (Current Employee), DubaiSeptember 21, 2014
Great working culture, vibrant office, great synergy between the employees.
highly motivated
Server (Former Employee), delhi ncrSeptember 20, 2014
 Configuration & Handling Active-Directory services like managing Users account, rights & Group policies, providing access on various Shared Drives, Creating users and their mailboxes, Creation of Roaming profiles, managing OU by using admin pack.
 Installation, configuration & Maintenance of VPN through web-based as well as windows based Application. – more... Configure & Handling WIFI related issue.
 Providing the Mailing solution based on MS Exchange server 2003-2013(cloud) & POP Server like MS Outlook & Outlook Express.
 Supporting the users with installation & troubleshooting of different kind of process related applications & software’s.
 Handling all the VIP customer’s calls Providing Remote Support to ‘Work from Home’ users through WebEx Session, Team viewer also providing support the users sitting at the client end abroad there by providing end to end support to the customers.
 Installation as well as maintenance of Antivirus Application (Symantec, Sophos) on Client OS.
 Manage the Patch Management, on which coming Antivirus patches, Windows Security patches, office security patches these patches are deploying by the WSUS Server & GFI Languard.
 Maintaining compliance level of all system concerns as mentioned below and sharing the reports with leads on daily basis.
 SAV Definition Update.
 Patch compliance.
 Managing the data-backup for Laptop users as well as desktop users with the help of NTBACKUP & WET process.
 Configuration & manage Local printers & Network Printers.
 Manages HP 5035 MFP Scanner with Cold Reset Option.
 Troubleshooting domain user’s Profile related issues.
 Handling Registry hives settings including windows XP & windows 7.
 Delegation of activity’s to the team members.
 Handling the escalation & resolution of the issues.
 Maintaining the daily activities & shift handover for team members.
 To providing the technical support to user and attend the User’s for the related quires.
 Responsible for all the escalated calls & VIP calls, Black-Berry Issues.
 Responsible for configuration & troubleshooting Enterprise Black Berry mailing accounts.
 To coordinate to engineers for solving technical problems with full satisfaction to the customers.
 Share my knowledge with my Teammates in terms of New IT Technology. – less
Very Productive and fun playing Ping Pong
Data Scientist, Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2014
My job in Symantec is more on the research and prototyping side. I would encounter new technologies and ideas every day which was really exciting.
Excellent working environment with great professional growth.
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Mountain View,CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: work culture
* Productive and effective meetings
* Great team members to work with
* Transparent management
* Playing pool with Manager is fun
* Learned great deal about Agile development, RESTful Web services
Good history, current leadership turmoil
Enterprise Account Sales Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good people, competitive pay and benefits
Cons: executive turmoil creates uncertainty about the future direction.
Symantec overall has been a good place to work. Mostly good people and a supportive culture focused on winning business. In the last two years, there has been a huge turnover at the executive level along with layoffs at the manager and individual contributor level. Two CEOs were booted out by the board and departure of most of the senior VPs. THis has – more... obviously slowed the introduction of new products and created uncertainty about the future. – less
Great workplace
Information Delevoper (Former Employee), Pune, MHAugust 28, 2014
Very good company to work for. Great co-worker and great working environment.
Good Environment, inexperience middle management
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: poorly organized
Good place to work and people are really helpful/nice. However, there is not a growth path.
Well paid, comfy job nurturing mediocrity
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: not demanding, well paid, good benefits
Cons: uninspiring, some get stuck in one position, poor management
It really depends what you are on but in general Symantec is a place you will enjoy if you don't aim to do great things, need time to pick up your kids from school and work from home.

Mediocre/poor performing employees will stay there for years and getting fired takes a lot of effort.

The company as a whole lacks vision and organization. There are – more... multiple overlaps between teams even after a company wide reorganization.

I've been seeing same mistakes being repeated over and over again. – less
Good work/life balance and flexibility
Internal Communications Senior Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: constant change in management
Good work/life balance and flexibility
There is a lot of management change which makes the job very challenging. People are friendly, despite the challenges.
Symantec has a great group of people to work with
Principal Financial Analyst - Products & Services (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: my co-workers, espresso machine and free milk to make lattes
Cons: uncertainty of the direction of the company
Symantec has a great group of people to work with. Most enjoyable part of my day is to be able to collaborate with my peers, solve issues for my business partners and add value to my day to day work.

Hardest part of the job is not knowing what direction the Company is headed. We are given tops down direction to solve for issues and weeks later, we – more... are solving for different issues. It makes my job tough to provide the necessary information to my business partners.

I have a great manager I work for. We have a great working relationship with the SVP and I enjoy collaborating with this group of individuals. – less
Technical PM at HP/Symantec
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 3, 2014
A typical day would be a busy day and I enjoy it. There is always some thing new to learn managerial and/or technical. We had a small team on site and most of the team was remote but we had multiple teams meeting everyday which kept us on same page. To bring different team members, technical and non-technical, on same page is challenging but I found – more... it fun too. I enjoy doing what I do and I love doing it. – less
Customer support
Customer Support Executive (Former Employee), ChennaiJuly 29, 2014
Attending queries, explaining new offers escalating issues to management
Productive work life
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 29, 2014
Learned to develop good coding and debugging skills. This was my first job and I am glad I made my start with Symantec. They don't treat interns as "interns", they do consider their thought process and their coding work for production.
Good
Advance Technical Support Engineer in Symantec (Current Employee), IndiaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: rewards and recognition
Cons: limited growth options
• Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating – more... and analyzing the symptoms
• Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.

• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.

• Diagnosing and troubleshooting issue with Operating systems, Network, Hardware such as Robotic Libraries, Controllers (RAID, SCSI, SAS, FC), Removable drives

• Upgrade/Migration of the software

• Enabling debug and collecting the necessary logs. Log reading with advance tools.

• Testing and evaluation of the new software.

• Working with software development team to enhance the functionality of the product. – less
Working in challenging conditions which make you learn new things each day.
Database Developer / Data Analyst (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2014
Involved in the analysis, design, development of enhancement Requests for database.
Tuning existing Database so as to optimize the application performance.
Data Analysis and providing reports and statistics for making Business Decisions.
Good company but, management is a mess
Anonymous reviewer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits.
Cons: bad management.
Good company, some moves weren't calculated well, company is going through turmoil, need to get back on track! Management still has old timer mentality, plays favorites when coming to promotions or advancing deserved people, that culture needs to change. Till then, they will continue to bleed good employees!
Great company
Principal Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), HerndonJuly 10, 2014
Pros: global company
Cons: no cons
I thoroughly enjoy working for Symantec; however, I would like to get back into security assessment/audit, compliance-related work.
Call center with wonderful coworkers
Associate Authentication Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice cowerkers
Cons: staggering lunch break which make it hard if one likes to have companion throughout the lunch hour
The job requires a big learning curve, but all the people on the floor were quite helpful as new hires integrated into the team. When I was there the management was changing, for the better, though it was toward the end of my time there. The hardest part of the job was definitely the learning curve as well as constant requirements change which made – more... it more difficult as one tried to understand the principal. The most enjoyable part was definitely the helpful coworkers. – less
Exciting and challenging organization.
Sr. Order and Business Ops Admin Services Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed and loved my work. I was challenged, impovered, and delivered superior results.

About Symantec

Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and – Read more