Symantec

Symantec Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Principal SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 12, 2014
Best place to work, very ethical organization.

Freedom of work is the best part.
Non-Productive but secure place to work
EMEA Solutions Architect (Former Employee), EMEADecember 16, 2013
Pros: good wages, people are friendly
Cons: no processes
Symantec is a great company if you work in the right organization, the problem is that Saudi Branch Manager is supported by his manager in Dubai and making Lobby.

The technology is good, but onboarding process is very poor in the middle east
Generalist Profile (Current Employee), Pune, INDIASeptember 18, 2013
Good place to work.
Meal facility
Flexi working hours
Good work culture.
Productive and good workplace.
Sr. Technical Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
‘I know what I need to achieve and I am allowed to determine how best to achieve it. This draws on my skills as a manager which makes me feel valued as an employee.
no loyalty to employees
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2012
If all you are looking for is a good salary, they pay well. Otherwise, this is not a company that inspires employees.
Game Room/ coffee/lunch room.
Senior Online Web Content Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 31, 2012
Pros: free coffee room, software at discount, flexable work hours, 6 weeks max vacation.
The technical support team was like a family. Learned to support end users with software issues with various Symantec software packages. The co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with, I even to this day keep in contact with them as they became life time friends.
Fun place to work!
Email Security & Archiving Specialist (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 4, 2012
Pros: share purchase plan, rrsp and lot more!
Cons: ? :)
* no comments at this time *

Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Customer support
Customer Support Executive (Former Employee), ChennaiJuly 29, 2014
Attending queries, explaining new offers escalating issues to management
Working in challenging conditions which make you learn new things each day.
Database Developer / Data Analyst (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2014
Involved in the analysis, design, development of enhancement Requests for database.
Tuning existing Database so as to optimize the application performance.
Data Analysis and providing reports and statistics for making Business Decisions.
Good company but, management is a mess
Anonymous reviewer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits.
Cons: bad management.
Good company, some moves weren't calculated well, company is going through turmoil, need to get back on track! Management still has old timer mentality, plays favorites when coming to promotions or advancing deserved people, that culture needs to change. Till then, they will continue to bleed good employees!
Great company
Principal Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), HerndonJuly 10, 2014
Pros: global company
Cons: no cons
I thoroughly enjoy working for Symantec; however, I would like to get back into security assessment/audit, compliance-related work.
Call center with wonderful coworkers
Associate Authentication Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice cowerkers
Cons: staggering lunch break which make it hard if one likes to have companion throughout the lunch hour
The job requires a big learning curve, but all the people on the floor were quite helpful as new hires integrated into the team. When I was there the management was changing, for the better, though it was toward the end of my time there. The hardest part of the job was definitely the learning curve as well as constant requirements change which made – more... it more difficult as one tried to understand the principal. The most enjoyable part was definitely the helpful coworkers. – less
Exciting and challenging organization.
Sr. Order and Business Ops Admin Services Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed and loved my work. I was challenged, impovered, and delivered superior results.
Localization Team Manager (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot about localization with Symantec. Management eventually closed our offices to save $$$.
Great people, very dedicated to their careers.
great place to work
General Operative (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 26, 2014
Pros: free nights out
Cons: great hours and shifts
i worked there after i left school it was a great job there would be around 8 people on each team we had to make computer softwar well m make the product up on a round table 2 of us sitting at the table making the product up it was great fun i loved that job one pack the product coming down the line shrinkwarap it then pack into a box then pack the – more... pallet

it was very rewarding job we were brought out very 3 months for a free night nite all of us got on great and had a laugh

i learned how to work as part of a time and the managment were brillan t – less
great place to work
General Operative (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 26, 2014
Pros: free nights out
Cons: great hours and shifts

i learned how to work as part of a time and the managment were brillan t – less
Sr Principal SQL DBA
Sr. Principal Database Administrator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours
Cons: too frequent organization changes
Day to day activity to maintain existing database systems.
Coworkers were knowledgeable and passionate about their work.
I learned architecture design and hardware while I was there.
Walking on a razor blade with a great view
Systems Storage Engineer -- Business Critical (Former Employee), Remote USAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great when you are on the "in"
Cons: so easy to fall out
Working for Symantec was always a precarious day to day affair where you would be praised one day and could be on the street the next. The 80/20 rule applies to the staff and colleagues. Twenty percent great people and 80% climbers that have little commitment to anything but making themselves look better than the competition.

Endless changes in management – more... where you can never really get a handle on a direction.

Not much better or worse than most of the big IT outfits but they spend and inordinate amount of time trying to convince you they are so much better than the rest.

When you are in the "in" crowd, you can do no wrong. One slip, and you are not with the "in" crowd and you are on your way out the door. – less
Good legacy but qustanable future
Sr. SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: good historic productline
Cons: what's in the future?? and will the management surview to implement any plan it has?
Still continues to be one of the biggest names in the security but not sure of the future.
Already the focus on innovation and new organic growth was missing and now The constant changes in management are making it even worse.
good
Incident / Escalation Manager (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 16, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
enjoyed working here,good company,good work culture.place to grow

1 2 3 4 5

About Symantec

Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and – Read more