Sylvan Learning Center

Sylvan Learning Center Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly, productive and professional work environment
CENTRE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 11, 2013
Great place to work, with an incredibly supporting management and the opportnity to learn and grow.

Work done here makes a difference in children's lives.
Director (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work was meeting with parents, assessing students and managing the teaching and parent conferencing.
Good staffing, great management.
Tutor/Teacher (Former Employee), Brantford, OnOctober 22, 2012
Pros: short shifts, working with youth, sense of accomplishment
Cons: short shifts, evenings only, unrealistic salary
The centre in Brantford was well managed, and the staff at the time were well-trained and skilled in working with young people -- I learned a lot about teaching from them. It was a good job, and things ran pretty smoothly most shifts, even when students didn't show (which was not often). They allowed me to be flexible in how I presented the material, – more... as I worked often with advanced students. It was a good experience for me. – less
Friendly, supportive
Educator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: fun, kind, easy-going, supportive
Cons: salary
This school was very easy and relaxed to work at because of the people who worked there.
I tutored and enjoyed my students helping those that struggled.
I learned that environment in teaching should be relaxed and comfortable.
My co-workers were fun to work with as was management.
There was nothing hard about my job, i looked forward to coming to work – more... each day. – less
Rewarding Job- Low Pay
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 19, 2012
Pros: great kids, supportive staff and management
Cons: pay
With the exception of salary and benefits, I have nothing but great things to say about Sylvan Fredericton. Friendly staff, great management and good kids. I loved going into work. With the low student-teacher ratio, you can development a strong rapport with the children and learn about their interests. Fantastic job!
Great place to teach and learn at the same time.
Senior Math Tutor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere.
Working a sylvan learning centre provided me with the opportunity of working with more than ten employees at the same time. As an instructor I had to meet my desired target and that not only included good grades for students but also make learning fun so we have more happy customers at the end of the day. I also helped with local advertising and new – more... student recruitment. – less
Great!
Teacher (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 25, 2014
Sylvan is a great place to work. Their tutoring program is the best I have ever seen.
The kids were great, the company..not so much
Tutor (Current Employee), Algonquin, ILJuly 22, 2014
It was fun to interact with children but the lesson plans are very scripted and repetitive. The company itself is very unorganized and unhelpful.
Fun place to work, great management
Instructor (Former Employee), Peru, ILJuly 15, 2014
Loved coming to work every day, management was helpful and supportive, resources were always readily available
Helping others succeed
Teacher's Assitant (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJuly 15, 2014
Tutor and help children gain understanding in reading and math
Loved what the company stood for
Center Director (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 15, 2014
Sylvan is a Great tool for students who need to catch up and those that want to get ahead. I believe strongly in the product but the management at my center was terrible. The cost keeps many students from being able to attend but it is worth the money
fun and rewarding
English tutor (Former Employee), Johnston, IAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: bonus money for not needing a sub
Cons: job ends when summer vacation starts
I loved to sit with the kids and teach them new things. I loved seeing the looks on their faces when they finally understood the lesson. And I love the bonds that you develop with the students.
Great Place to work
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Excellent place to work. Staff is very friendly. You have the opportunity to work individually with students and help them succeed. It is very rewarding to watch the students grow.
Tedious, good environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Katy, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: the kids are a blast
Cons: no advancement possibilities
not much to say just helped the teachers who were dedicated to helping children
Server (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 24, 2014
I enjoyed my experience at Sylvan and working with the wonderful students. I worked here while i was completing my Masters, they were flexible with my schedule, assisted me with school work, and provided effective studying tips! I couldn't have been blessed with a better place to work.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee), Denton, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: nice people, no lesson plans, awesome students
Cons: only part time employment
Teach students prescribed Math and Reading lessons, SAT/ACT Prep and helped students with their
homework.
Sylvan
Student Center Assistant (Puller) (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: worked two weekends a month
Cons: on your feet the entire time
Typical day at work consisted of pulling assignments for the teachers and students, and assisting the teachers with any help they needed. I learned that teaching isn't for me, although working with the teachers and assistant directors was a learning experience. Watching the students learn something and finally seeing them achieve it, is a great feeling.
Tutoring children of all ages
Center, teacher (Former Employee), Westminster, MDJune 9, 2014
All materials were put out for us in advance so that we could come in and prepare for the session. Occasionally we would have to set up our own stations if the director got overwhelmed, but it was a good learning experience.
Fun workplace
Instructor (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2014
I love my job at Sylvan! The teachers and students are great. I always enjoy going to work. It's a very fun workplace.
Fun place to work
Part-Time Teacher (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: easy schedule
Generally worked 2 hours per day 6 days a week. Work was after school and on weekends.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sylvan Learning Center

For Educate, the name says it all. Its portfolio of companies¬†features Sylvan Learning Center, which¬†offers tutoring to students – Read more

Sylvan Learning Center Photos