Sykes Enterprises

Sykes Enterprises Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
efficient in my services at work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 9, 2014
working and not being idle at work,learning from my superior, things i never new about the job,friendly and jovial co workers,
Untruthful about job requirements and wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, NBFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: $1\hr attendance bonus
Cons: ** see below
**-An incredible amount of knowledge and sill required for a relatively low pay grade.
-No one knows how any of the "incentives" pay outs work.
-Schedules are based on a shift bid
-Third party company whose mission statement is to provide customer service for other organizations.
-They do not have any products or services of their own
-No incentives – more... for the companies being represented – less
Sykes
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 8, 2014
Better understanding of computers and communications there are communications understanding
sucked the life out of me
csr (Former Employee), Lindsay ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: relationships with co workers, fun environment, fund raising events, commission, health care benefits package was excellent
Cons: not being properly trained and supervisors not being properly trained
does sykes ever read these reviews TRAINING, MANAGEMENT complaints. How did these people get these positions???? TRAINING department needs a complete overhaul. Won't listen to csr ideas for improvement BUT will submit the ideas as there own and get recognition for it. B-------. If you need help you can ask 5 different supervisors and you get 5 different – more... answers. It is a JOKE. The favoritism is unbelievable. Equipment issues on a daily basis and we would get in trouble for hook time. I miss co-workers and my paycheck but I have my sanity. Sykes should wake up and do a complete evaluation of the Lindsay location. NEW management and TRAINING department would turn this location. They start a training class of 20 and end up with 2 that stay. A NEW APPROACH to hiring, training and retention of employees would turn this bad situation into an excellent place to be employed. WAKE UP HEAD OFFICE!!!!!!!! – less
not the most positive work environments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: hours
definately not meant for those without a thick skin or without sales experience
Worse job ever
inbound customer service (Former Employee), Lindsay OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: full time & benifits
Cons: none what so ever
All this job is , is SALES SALES SALES
You are not told in the interview of the high pressure sales part of the job and you have to push 3 times in a call.......really.....if a customer says NO, then the chances are they mean NO.....and then you have to push again....really...what part of NO don't you understand??......and then you have to push again – more... - How to really upset the customer!!!!
If you don't make sales you are fired....not told that in the interview.
Your calls are monitored and if they think you messed up they take your commission off you for the last week or whatever.
The standard of training is terrible and then you are dumped out on the floor to deal with customers yourself and the so called help available is abysmal.
If you want to keep your sanity DONT WORK HERE! If you want to go home with a headache and probably crying your eyes out - then go for it - don't say you were not warned!! – less
Inbound customer service repersentative for Rogers loyalty department. Halifax work from home.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), HalifaxNovember 12, 2013
Take inbound calls for Rogers loyalty dept, help customers with billing issues, create work orders for cable internet and home phone. Cell phone upgrades and sales for all services. Take a variety of different calls as every call is different. I have leaned to listen to the customers needs and help to the best of my ability. For the sales part of the – more... job listen to clues on what would best suit the customers needs. I work from home so I really do not have to much contact with my co-workers but when I worked at the centre make alot of friends. The hardest part of my job would be the seclusion of it and not getting to meet new people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be to resolve the customers issue and when the customer is happy and satisfied. – less
Team spirit in a home based environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peterborough OntarioNovember 7, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: repetative work
I work from home so I enjoy the convenience of that. I have worked for Sykes for 4 years and have really advanced my interpersonal skills. The management is very approachable and is always there to help if needed. They provide support and coaching to allow for continuous growth and improvement. The hardest part of the job is that policies and procedures – more... as well as products and services are always changing. Keeping up with these changes requires constant uptraining. I really enjoy helping people and solving problems. It gives me great pleasure to provide solutions which work well for the company and for it's customers. – less
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 7, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy. During my time at Sykes I have become very efficient with computer use and my typing abilites have improved greatly. The hardest part of the job is the late hours and trying to balance work and regular daily life. However, I really enjoy the positive energy of all people involved in the business.
work at home based
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company, however I found that in a work from home environment there could have been more training and help available, I also feel that the job was not flexible enough to meet my needs at the time.
not a bad place to work, live chat is great no talking to customers
call center agent (Current Employee), miramichi, nbOctober 12, 2013
easy job, good hours, fair pay for what you are doing per day, alot of people yet quiet day at work most days.
Bad hours and Bad pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: learned something new
Cons: evening work and no weekends at home
Work hours 3:00pm - Midnight and all mixed days never a proper set shift and the hours didn't work with my home life.

I learned how to navigate between several computer programs at the same time.

The hardest part of the job was the hours and lack of time with my son.
Okay for a work from home
Virtual customer service rep (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 31, 2013
Not a bad company to work for though could use better communication between management and staff sometimes.
Alright if you need a paycheck
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many to list.
I would not recommend anyone to this business, there is not adaquet support for questions and concerns, the members of management do not have consistent information and scheduling is terrible.
Client Care Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: shift bids
None. My co-workers and Supervisors are great to work with.
Very poor management skills
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Home BasedJuly 10, 2013
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: having to deal with terrible management
Have been working here for 7 months, and the people who approve time off and who set up your schedules are completely lacking organizational skills! they are terrible.
Also, when I started, I was told that I would get a certain not so great shift, for so long, and then I would be able to get a better one after a few months.
I had the terrible shift, – more... for 4 months, then finally had a good shift for 3 weeks, then was forced into cross training, and am back to having a terrible shift again. There response, was "oh well, deal with it". To them , you are just a name on a screen, its terrible. – less
challenging and enjoyable workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I usually work 10-9pm and I work every weekend (by choice). I get along very well with management and have a lot of respect for each one of them. My co-workers are great people to work with for the most part. The hardest part of my job is making the most of the sales opportunity, while also being the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoy the challenge.
Overall Good place to work
Phone line repair tech (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLJune 12, 2013
Full-time and OT hours available. 8 hour days, lots of coworkers. relatively easy and repetitive tasks with computers and programs. full training provided.
Defintely a good place to work with fun people.
Bell Canada DMC (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJune 10, 2013
Pros: amazing people, good pay, and not far from home.
Cons: lunches and breaks weren't paid for, very little opportunity for advancement
My hours were 1-10pm, the training classes were a bit misleading but easy to adjust and get use to. Most managers were very approachable and knowledgeable about the job and always made you feel like you were a part of the team, but also a very good place to learn the fundamentals of customer service and how to treat a customer in order to have the best – more... experience for both the customer and the company, but the hardest part of the job was definitely having to be sitting down in a chair for the majority of the day where as I'd like to be on my feet and more personal than a phone call with customers. The best part of my job was the people I worked with, very friendly, fun to work with which made the day so much better to have such a positive environment. – less
awesome job
CSR (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMay 24, 2013
the job there was awesome. the people i worked with were great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sykes Enterprises

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated (SYKES) is a provider of outsourced customer contact management solutions and services in the – Read more