Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

flexible timing and fun working environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 22, 2014
Everyday is a new day. New inquiries from customers. No stress or home work from work.
I have learned phone handling skills and customer service. Learned American culture as well.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The management is very helpful in developing yourself more by observing you and giving feedback.
The hardest part of the job is when you've got an irate customers who don't want to listen to you.
The most enjoyable part is the team building for the team and entire account.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary and benefits
so so
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 12, 2014
It was always very busy at work, lots to do and deadlines to meet. Sykes home was a decent company to deal with. However the client they have in Canada is a hardass who does not think about its employees and only cares about the bottom dollar. Sykes only has so much pull before the client says to remove someone from the program
fun place to work
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBSeptember 8, 2014
LOVED THE JOB
TECH SUPPORT WAS THE BEST DEPARTMENT
EASY SHIFTS
LOTS OF PEOPLE TO TALK TO
ALWAYS SOME THING NEW EXCITING
Pros
good steady hours
Cons
work just right for the pay
You work in a dungeon...
CSR (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 4, 2014
Sykes Saint John is probably the worst call center to work for. If you want a day off, you need to have it in writing 3 weeks in advance. But even with that, the day before they can change their mind and refuse to let you have the day off. If you need to leave to get your kid early or even a doctors appointment, if you miss 29min+ it gets counted as a half day missed.

Management will lie to your face before you get hired... So when you actually start, then they will give you your offer letter. So your already working there and if you left a half decent job, your stuck with horrible shifts and poor working environment.
Pros
at least it's a job
Cons
working there
High pace work place
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSSeptember 3, 2014
Great group of people, fun at times. Alot of functions to hype the employees
Taking calls for Rogers
Home Base Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBSeptember 1, 2014
I wolk from home for Rogers wireless. The CD's did not work well
Pros
non
Cons
Better to have a call center at location and not at home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home-BasedAugust 25, 2014
Like all Third Party Call Centers, there is very little the head management can do regarding regulations, hours needed, time off, etc. These details and the 10 days allowed to be missed per year for any reason, including funerals; illness; etc are not appropriate for a balanced life. For a Third Party Call Center, I will say this is the best I have seen so far as the staff and management are very kind and a pleasure to work work
Pros
nice staff and managers
Cons
bad structure
I love my job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBAugust 23, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with/for! The bonuses are fantastic and the every day incentives are awesome too. Yes, it is a call centre and I have worked for a couple, this one is the best! Apply. Like now.
Pros
bonuses, great supervisors, holidays and weekends off!
Cons
longish hours, some bad days.
Fast paced job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's , NLAugust 20, 2014
Typical day at work was spent on the phone supply ROGERS customers with customer service for their home services.
Great virtual workplace environment
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NBAugust 18, 2014
-inbound calls for Rogers wireless customer service
-dealt with bills, change of plans, etc
-upselling was required
-on call assistance was not great
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay
very productive, and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 13, 2014
Poor management.
Learned how to deal with customers, and people when they are really irrate or upset.
A lot of different co-workers and people coming and going due to turn around
Hardest thing was figuring out how to understand certian people especially over the phone.
most enjoyable things were incentives, and overtime with decent pay
Pros
pay, hours, incentives, shift bids
Cons
poorly managed
Great Work From home job
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentville Nova ScotiaAugust 3, 2014
Jon is good for someone who is very self directed and learns quickly and can contain a lot of information or find it on your own. Support is minimal at times and can be very stressful. Great benefits and pay increases the more hours you work
Pros
work from home
Cons
minimal support
a fun place to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 28, 2014
I love too work everyday.....my co-worker are so friendly and helpful
Pros
free foods
Cons
transportation
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 23, 2014
Great company to work for, fun and energetic work setting, very friendly people
Good pay/benefits and good friends. Nothing more.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, nbJuly 16, 2014
The only thing this place had going for it was the great people they hired, the salary and the bluecross benefits, it's a shame about the fleas, mice, dust, poor management and overall poor quality of work and environment.
Pros
great people, made many long term friends, great salary, good benefits.
Cons
too many to list, see my review for the tip of the iceberg.
Was not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 16, 2014
I just frankly couldn't find myself looking at a computer screen and being insulted or talked down to by customers.

the job ran smoothly if you could get past the customer service aspect of it.
Fast paced environment.
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 15, 2014
Working at Sykes involved many factors. It was very customer service focused therefore dealing with conflict in a polite manner was of great importance every single work day. I learned how to work quickly and effectively while maintaining excellent phone manner and ensuring that our clients received the help they needed.
a fun job.
s2s agent,and outbound agent. (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotiaJuly 15, 2014
a typical day at sykes was getting clocked in loading up and hitting the phones. I learned alot while working at sykes, a big thing would be how to speak to customer's,and have the necessary patience to work with the customer. The managment was great always friendly and always there when needed. The co workers were all great the odd time you'd get a co worker who was obnoxious or rude but not often. the hardest part of the job was having the patience to deal with some situations. The most enjoyable thing about the job was speaking to hundreds of different people every day, and putting yourself in their shoes to help solve their problem.
Pros
benifits, great people, never boring.
Cons
long hours, staying in one spot.
Stressful job but the people make it worth working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 7, 2014
It is a highly stress-filled job but fun place to work. Typical day include taking calls from a wide range of customers and assisting them with a wide range of questions, inquires, problems, sales, troubleshooting with various products and services.
I have learned a lot in terms of customer relations and how the connection between company and customer and the important of that relationship.
Management was beyond phenomenal. Very supportive, willing to work with you to improve your system skills and customer relation skills and are understanding while being firm.
The hardest part of the job was the few rude and intensely angry customers who are not afraid to expressive how they feel about the company and by extensive you. This is what makes the job stressful
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Coworkers, floor support, supervisors, everyone was a joy to work with and made the day passable.
Sykes
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 2, 2014
I love being able to help customer and that's my job as being a Tech Support Rep.

Due to not being bilingual, I often find myself being forced to go home due to the bilingual queue not being busy.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
not being bilingual