SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

1.3K reviews

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

No support once you get on the floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 26, 2012
The training was not what it should be we did not get any hands on training and when we got on the floor it felt like we were thrown to the wolveswork with a very friendly staff, but not very supportive
benefits
Cons
Great workplace, with good people, but no flexible shifts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 20, 2012
A typical day was logging into the computer, and taking a steady flow of calls for 10-12 hours straight, I learned how to manage time and multi task well.
Pros
good pay, training, friendly staff
Cons
12 hour shifts, shift bid had very few options, not enough breaks for the length of shift
Worst job I have ever had...
inbound customer care (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 19, 2012
Horrible. Management is constantly yelling to the whole room while we're on the phones dealing with irate customers, who then get upset that we can't hear them. No room for advancement, promotions were a popularity contest (someone with horrible stats got chosen for a promotion over someone with perfect stats because he was another supervisor's boyfriend). hours were a joke, we were promised to get better hours with seniority, whereas new hires were given the best shifts over people who had been there for years. Next to no job security. Someone got fired after having one metric not meet target for one month (when they always had perfect metrics). "Team Leaders", Supervisors, Managers etc were very rude and condescending, seemed to be on a constant power trip.They really don't like to answer your questions in order for you to help a customer... Not lenient on days off at all, I personally witnessed people getting fired constantly for being sick for "too long a period of time", even if they were not over their allowed amount of sick days. Made up excuses for firing people that were not legitimate reasons, but still shady enough so people couldn't claim wrongful dismissal... Very sneaky... Only good part of the job was getting paid and commission, and even then, some employees didn't receive thousands of dollars of commissions that they had earned last christmas, and never received adequate compensation for it. I don't exaggerate AT ALL when i say thousands of dollars. A friend of mine earned over $4500.00 in commission and only received $500.00 of it.NOTE: THIS IS NOT TRUE FOR  more... ALL SYKES LOCATIONS!!! This is just my personal experience at the location I worked at. Don't let this deter you from seeking a job there, as it is good pay, just make sure you ask HR a lot of questions during your interview, and know how to stand up for yourself in these situations...  less
Pros
great co-workers, more helpful than management and supervisory staff
Cons
everything else
very low work morale
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBOctober 29, 2012
No job security never know when you will be the next to be walked out. Change things from one day to next
Great place to work, great people.
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONOctober 5, 2012
Excellent co-workers, fast paced, intriguing and always something new
wasnt a good expierence
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONOctober 1, 2012
the mangament were very ignorant and didn't care about the employees.
Pros
commission
Cons
very horrible management
Great team
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Great team and management. Difficult customers but you get commission.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no windows
the people are great to work with
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  saint john, nbAugust 16, 2012
I enjoy the people that I work with and have made some amazing friends. The hardest part of the job is the fact that policys change from day to day, and no one tells us about the changes. The best part of the job was some of the people that we spoke to on the phone.
Pros
free freezies
Cons
not telling us about all policy changes
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NB, CanadaMay 31, 2012
1- Training was inadequate
2- Working out of province, company didn't know labour laws for other provinces
3- When benefits were supposed to kick in they didn't after 4 months
4- They constantly tell you you're doing fine etc then drop the bombshell that if you don't pick it up that you'll be let go...
5- It would take 3 weeks to get my pay stub
6- Management seemed confused a lot of the time.
7- You're often told to pitch something (new) to customers that you haven't had training for.
Pros
the pay isn't too bad
Cons
too many cons!!
Not so fun
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  CairoMay 29, 2012
I didn't like it there.

They have religious conflicts.

The salary is not good either.
Fast paced, long hours and great pay.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 28, 2012
Typical day is usually an 8-10 hour shift, answering inbound calls. I learned a lot about the company I was working for. Management was alright for the most part. Coworkers were okay, a lot of them were cranky because of the long hours and stressful work. Hardest part of the job was the stressful long hours, dealing with complaints on every call and getting an average off 150 calls a day. Most enjoyable part was the money. If you worked all your shifts, you made 11.25 an hour. Excellent money.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.
Ambiance de travail
Agent service à la clientèle loyauté (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCSeptember 3, 2015
Ambiance de travail agréable avec les collègues. Bon pour acquérir de l'expérience en tant qu'agent au service à la clientèle pour une des grandes compagnies de services de télécommunications au Canada.
Environnement de travail
Agent au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBApril 17, 2013
Journée typique:
-Ouvrir ses logiciels et préparer son téléphone (casque d'écoute, entrer les codes)
-Répondre aux appels, aider les clients avec leur demande.
-Prendre des notes dans leur dossiers, faire les changements nécessaires.
-Transférer au besoin.
-Tout refermer et sortir des logiciels.

Aspect le plus difficile du poste:
Travailler avec un casque d'écoute et les difficultés de l'électronique (panne électrique, logiciel qui gèle).

Aspect le plus agréable du poste:
Aider les gens.
Pros
avantages
Cons
devoir pointer pour chaque sorti de poste (toilette max 5 minute). avoir que 30 minutes pour manger.