Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2015
Great place to work, especially if you want to work from home! Amazing staff and co workers. I advanced quickly, however don't see anymore opportunities for further advancement. Hours seem to slow down a lot more, and I find myself not getting what I should be for being full time.
Pros
Work from Home, Flexible Hours, Great Management
Cons
No room for advancement, Hours during down time
Call Center
Health Services Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London15 December 2014
Triaging patients’ inbound calls to Telehealth Ontario and providing service referrals for health clinics if needed
Receiving and properly logging absenteeism calls for Chrysler US & Canada, Metro Ontario, Canada Bread and others
Processing donations for The Heart & Stroke Foundation and The Canadian Cancer Society
Providing assistance and creating follow-ups for legal advice or referrals for clients all across Canada
Maintaining required statistics as outlined in job description
Mentoring new hire trainees and providing quick and accurate answers to questions
Be Prepared
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2015
A wise person once said "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

Working from home is really nice but it pretty much stops there.
Pros
Save on gas money, able to wear what you would like, no common office atmosphere
Cons
No schedule reliability, no upper management accountability, false promises, no permanent advancement, no position stability, almost zero communication
Over crowded
Agente téléphoniste (télémarketing) (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC20 November 2014
A typical day at would be answering the phones and help the clients with cellphones. I learnt about new cellphone systems and new computer systems, I also learnt to be a technical support. My co-workers were eager to help. The hardest part of the job was keeping calm with upset clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the stressful clients.
Pros
Answering the phone, Learning new systems, Being helpful to clients
Cons
Crowded, No privacy
Great management always there to help
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2015
Busy makes the day go by fast. There is always ongoing education.
Lots of opportunity for advancement. There is also opportunity to move to other contracts. Wages are not that high but benefits are great, There are also incentives to encourage you to do better. Over all it is a great place to work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
can't think of any
flexible timing and fun working environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines22 September 2014
Everyday is a new day. New inquiries from customers. No stress or home work from work.
I have learned phone handling skills and customer service. Learned American culture as well.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The management is very helpful in developing yourself more by observing you and giving feedback.
The hardest part of the job is when you've got an irate customers who don't want to listen to you.
The most enjoyable part is the team building for the team and entire account.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary and benefits
You work in a dungeon...
CSR (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2014
Sykes Saint John is probably the worst call center to work for. If you want a day off, you need to have it in writing 3 weeks in advance. But even with that, the day before they can change their mind and refuse to let you have the day off. If you need to leave to get your kid early or even a doctors appointment, if you miss 29min+ it gets counted as a half day missed.

Management will lie to your face before you get hired... So when you actually start, then they will give you your offer letter. So your already working there and if you left a half decent job, your stuck with horrible shifts and poor working environment.
Pros
At least it's a job
Cons
working there
Day on job
tier 1 tech support (Former Employee) –  in my home.13 July 2015
, log in the call center, take calls about cell phones, tablet issues and email issue, help customer resolve all issue, trans call to another department if need, search data base for tech solution.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enought support
Better to have a call center at location and not at home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home-Based25 August 2014
Like all Third Party Call Centers, there is very little the head management can do regarding regulations, hours needed, time off, etc. These details and the 10 days allowed to be missed per year for any reason, including funerals; illness; etc are not appropriate for a balanced life. For a Third Party Call Center, I will say this is the best I have seen so far as the staff and management are very kind and a pleasure to work work
Pros
Nice staff and managers
Cons
bad structure
a fun job.
s2s agent,and outbound agent. (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotia15 July 2014
a typical day at sykes was getting clocked in loading up and hitting the phones. I learned alot while working at sykes, a big thing would be how to speak to customer's,and have the necessary patience to work with the customer. The managment was great always friendly and always there when needed. The co workers were all great the odd time you'd get a co worker who was obnoxious or rude but not often. the hardest part of the job was having the patience to deal with some situations. The most enjoyable thing about the job was speaking to hundreds of different people every day, and putting yourself in their shoes to help solve their problem.
Pros
benifits, great people, never boring.
Cons
long hours, staying in one spot.
very productive, and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 August 2014
Poor management.
Learned how to deal with customers, and people when they are really irrate or upset.
A lot of different co-workers and people coming and going due to turn around
Hardest thing was figuring out how to understand certian people especially over the phone.
most enjoyable things were incentives, and overtime with decent pay
Pros
pay, hours, incentives, shift bids
Cons
poorly managed
Great place to work, great people
Techxpert/Sales (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 May 2014
This is a work from home position doing tech support for a large known internet and cable company. The people you are working for are great and very supportive. Co-workers are always there to chip in and help you when you need it. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a customer solve a very easy problem because they do not want to pay for the service and we are not allowed to help without them agreeing to the fee. The best part of the job and hearing how happy the customer is that you fixed their issue.
Pros
rewards for doing a great job and meeting the goals
Cons
the pay
busy and productive days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL1 October 2014
fast paced call center atmosphere, enjoyed my co-workers found them to be very helpful and a wonderful joy.

I learned more about internet services and internet itself and enjoyed helping people along the technology path.

It just was not a satisfying job for me, I felt professionally stunted.
Pros
my co-workers and supervisors were fantastic
Cons
not professionally satisfied
Productive work center - Occasional work appreciation dinners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB30 April 2014
* My typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and dealing with clients.
* I learned hard work pays off.
* Management was dependable and efficient in helping
* Co-workers were not easily accessible or pleasant
* The hardest part of the job was having to deal with clients who were difficult to deal with, made derogatory remarks to me and used foul language
* The most enjoyable part was rewards
This telepractice job has no room for critical thinking
Telehealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2014
The job entails applying guidelines to symptoms and reading the instructions to the caller. The hardest part of the job was the long hours along with the commute and late nights (arriving home after 3 am). There were moments when teaching moms about health care might have made a difference in a child's life and there were times when life might have been saved. Those times made everything else seem small and petty.
Cons
long hours and $20000 drop in pay compared with hosp pay
assisting customers with bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick17 April 2014
Took calls every day assisting customers with their cell phone bills, added on travel features, changed price plans, adjusting charges that were invalid. I've learned a lot of patients dealing with all age groups and ethnicity and language barriers. I got along great with my collegues but due to the decrease in hours had no other choice but to find something with more guaranteed hours to support my family.
Sales and Customer Service should be seperate
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John12 June 2014
Very good company to work for, always offering additional training to improve your interpersonal skills. I learned a variety of different software's, sales techniques, product information, and the overall satisfaction of helping a customer. Management are very personable people, they are not the type to just hide behind doors, co-workers are likes friends and family. This is a very high stressed job, abiding by 7 steps in a call flow as well as 7 different statistics to meet. Calls never come in the way you would expect so the call flow is very difficult to maintain. The most enjoyable part about the job is having friends to laugh with when there is time to relax and sit back.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Quota
Untruthful about job requirements and wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB10 February 2014
**-An incredible amount of knowledge and sill required for a relatively low pay grade.
-No one knows how any of the "incentives" pay outs work.
-Schedules are based on a shift bid
-Third party company whose mission statement is to provide customer service for other organizations.
-They do not have any products or services of their own
-No incentives for the companies being represented
Pros
$1\hr attendance bonus
Cons
** see below
Team spirit in a home based environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough Ontario7 November 2013
I work from home so I enjoy the convenience of that. I have worked for Sykes for 4 years and have really advanced my interpersonal skills. The management is very approachable and is always there to help if needed. They provide support and coaching to allow for continuous growth and improvement. The hardest part of the job is that policies and procedures as well as products and services are always changing. Keeping up with these changes requires constant uptraining. I really enjoy helping people and solving problems. It gives me great pleasure to provide solutions which work well for the company and for it's customers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
repetative work
Very poor management skills
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Home Based10 July 2013
Have been working here for 7 months, and the people who approve time off and who set up your schedules are completely lacking organizational skills! they are terrible.
Also, when I started, I was told that I would get a certain not so great shift, for so long, and then I would be able to get a better one after a few months.
I had the terrible shift, for 4 months, then finally had a good shift for 3 weeks, then was forced into cross training, and am back to having a terrible shift again. There response, was "oh well, deal with it". To them , you are just a name on a screen, its terrible.
Pros
decent pay.
Cons
having to deal with terrible management

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location