SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

1.3K reviews

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive an great place to work
Remote Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), on lineSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great pay an good health care benifits an 41k
Cons: short breaks
Productive,busy an a lil stressful,but i've learned to still smile an talk calm an nice to customers that are being very complicated.My manager was a great person an very hard working an always there to solve any problem that i could not,i had great co-workers an the hardest part of my job was to listen to people curse me an get very rude an irritated at me but i always found a way to smooth things out an the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different people on a constant basis from all over the world an being able to totally satisfy my customers.
Okay for a work from home
Virtual customer service rep (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 31, 2013
Not a bad company to work for though could use better communication between management and staff sometimes.
Alright if you need a paycheck
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many to list.
I would not recommend anyone to this business, there is not adaquet support for questions and concerns, the members of management do not have consistent information and scheduling is terrible.
Client Care Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: shift bids
None. My co-workers and Supervisors are great to work with.
Very poor management skills
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Home BasedJuly 10, 2013
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: having to deal with terrible management
Have been working here for 7 months, and the people who approve time off and who set up your schedules are completely lacking organizational skills! they are terrible.
Also, when I started, I was told that I would get a certain not so great shift, for so long, and then I would be able to get a better one after a few months.
I had the terrible shift, for 4 months, then finally had a good shift for 3 weeks, then was forced into cross training, and am back to having a terrible shift again. There response, was "oh well, deal with it". To them , you are just a name on a screen, its terrible.
challenging and enjoyable workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I usually work 10-9pm and I work every weekend (by choice). I get along very well with management and have a lot of respect for each one of them. My co-workers are great people to work with for the most part. The hardest part of my job is making the most of the sales opportunity, while also being the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoy the challenge.
Overall Good place to work
Phone line repair tech (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLJune 12, 2013
Full-time and OT hours available. 8 hour days, lots of coworkers. relatively easy and repetitive tasks with computers and programs. full training provided.
Defintely a good place to work with fun people.
Bell Canada DMC (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJune 10, 2013
Pros: amazing people, good pay, and not far from home.
Cons: lunches and breaks weren't paid for, very little opportunity for advancement
My hours were 1-10pm, the training classes were a bit misleading but easy to adjust and get use to. Most managers were very approachable and knowledgeable about the job and always made you feel like you were a part of the team, but also a very good place to learn the fundamentals of customer service and how to treat a customer in order to have the best experience for both the customer and the company, but the hardest part of the job was definitely having to be sitting down in a chair for the majority of the day where as I'd like to be on my feet and more personal than a phone call with customers. The best part of my job was the people I worked with, very friendly, fun to work with which made the day so much better to have such a positive environment.
awesome job
CSR (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMay 24, 2013
the job there was awesome. the people i worked with were great.
call center, friendly staff
Customer Support engineer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 19, 2013
Typical cell center atmosphere. The staff was friendly, as was management, however there was a break down in communication between upper management and those on the floor.
Good paying job with lots of overtime available
Bell Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 3, 2013
Cons: long hours, mandatory holidays or over time, not much help from management, customers yell at you
A typical day at work is answering phone calls about billing all day long. I learned a lot about researching information and handling confidential information. Management unfortunately was usually to busy to help with anything and sometimes had to refuse customers opportunities to speak with them. Didn't get to know co-workers that well because you are on calls all day long and didn't have much time inbetween. The hardest part of the job was dealing with several irrate customers every day. The enjoyable part was helping kind customers who understood and did everything possible to make my job easier and to help them faster!
it's a centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioApril 25, 2013
Cons: tedious work
Tedious work under stressful conditions.

Much of it came from the requirements of the teleco we were doing the work for.
catching up with friends at breaks
Tech Support (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLApril 5, 2013
Pros: long lunches
Cons: long hours
Answering calls from customers some may be mad some happy
always had people to talk to and people to help you.
managers were understanding and helpful.
hardest part of the job was dealing with hi rate & mad customers.
most enjoyable part of a job was resolving customers issue.
Lively place to work with wonderful people to work with.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Sydney,NSApril 5, 2013
Co-workers are amazing, everyone has the same goals and lovely work environment.
management was easy to talk to
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 19, 2013
Repetitive Duties, management was always available and easy to talk to
terrible
Direct Marketing Agent (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 19, 2013
the way they treat people is disgusting.no sense of humanity or compassion, and frequently violated HR protocol. Save yourself the grief and avoid this place
rude unprofessional supervisors
customer service (Former Employee), Sydney nova ScotiaMarch 1, 2013
Cons: supervisors are rude. long hours short breaks ans horrible shift bids.
While working at Sykes. Training was not bad was fun and made the job seem like its gonna be easy until a week in their training was down and we were basically thrown on the floor without much training. God forbid if we had to have our signs up for help. Waited forever for so called floor support. Even one day had a fight break one with a floor support throwing a garbage can at a supervisor. Its a very unprofessional company and the supervisors are horrible well not all their were two good ones. The hours were horrible and having to call off cause your actually sick is a hassle. Another there is the supervisors talk about you and yell at you as if you are a child. Out of all the jobs I've worked this one is far the worst one yet.
Call center
Inbound Client Care Representative (Former Employee), saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
this is a call center out sourced, i would not recommend unless your stress tolerance is high.
No support once you get on the floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 26, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
The training was not what it should be we did not get any hands on training and when we got on the floor it felt like we were thrown to the wolveswork with a very friendly staff, but not very supportive
Great workplace, with good people, but no flexible shifts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good pay, training, friendly staff
Cons: 12 hour shifts, shift bid had very few options, not enough breaks for the length of shift
A typical day was logging into the computer, and taking a steady flow of calls for 10-12 hours straight, I learned how to manage time and multi task well.
Industry