Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Inbound customer service/sales representative (Former Employee) –  st.johns nlJuly 4, 2015
Stressful environment. Great customers, really loved dealing with the public and solving any issues they had. Left position due to the pressure of making sales over customer service.
enjoyable place to work because you have the sense of helping others
CSR Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 26, 2015
- interacted with towers and dealers to aid clients
- assisted clients to the best of ability in providing roadside service
- sold roadside insurance coverage

- learned a lot about towing certain vehicles--such as 4 x 4 where the tower has to use "specials" like flatbed etc

- learned about the "transporting" of certain higher end vehicles

- learned Lexus lockout procedures

- the most difficult part of the job was being able to tow the client's vehicle but then depending on coverage could not provided them meals, hotel, etc

- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist motorists in need

***** I worked for Sykes under my maiden name Lori Leslie
and I.m not 100% sure on the dates.....my Supervisor was Shannon Lidkea *****
Pros
can work from home...good pay
Cons
night and weekend work and especially Holiday work
Great Environment, Great People
Bilingual Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed my time with Skyes. The people were great and made for an energetic positive environment to learn and do my job well.
decent commission
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJune 1, 2015
working for this company you had the opportunity for commission on all sales however you had to make the top 10% in order to receive the full bonus.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
had to make top 10% for full bonuses
Good Place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 25, 2015
Was a good place to work, once you get to know everyone its a fun place to be working.
Supervisors and Team Managers were great.
Pros
Good with requesting time off
Cons
CX yelling
Staff are wonderful but company has forgotten there staff
Sales/Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, OntarioMay 19, 2015
Sykes Enterprises is a well known company who has forgotten the people who have made them the company they are today. They are constantly expecting and putting more work on there employees without giving any type of raise and have completely forgotten that there employees also have families and never give time on weekends for them to have quality time with them. I think they should be more aware of the implications of that as it gives them a bad name in the general work force.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no weekends off / no raises as frozen since Feb 2013
Sykes Home
Customer service oriented (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2015
Working from home would be advantage but not ideal when you have dogs which can not always be controlled noise wise and with this company there is zero tolerance for noise background which was just a matter of time before the dogs barked in the background and would have been heard by the clients. It wasn't my cup of tea.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Zero tolerance for noise in the background
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Help staff was no help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBMay 5, 2015
When there is support staff on the floor they are suppose to help the other employees. They do not, apparently the have better things to do.
Challenging place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLApril 18, 2015
I enjoyed helping people with Internet issues. Set weekly schedules allowed for set times off. This gave a good balance to work time and time off.
Pros
set work schedule
Cons
no set pay increases
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2015
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
Very fun and friendly enviroment
Customer care and super sales agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBApril 8, 2015
Work was a great place to be everybody was nice. Management were respectful to all. The job was not that difficult I enjoyed going to work and working overtime. The benefits were great and the incentives were amazing
Horrible place to work.
"Customer Service" (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, OnMarch 28, 2015
Was promised fulltime and good benefits. The hours were slashed as well as the benefits. I was also hired as Customer Service not Inside Sales. Sykes will write employees up if they don't make the sales quotas. They also refuse to pay for any breaks, you will be on the phone for 8/9 hours and expect your schedule to change hourly. They will not tell you when this will happen and write you up if your late
Cons
Consistent BS
retention
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 27, 2015
I retained existing customers. unfortunalty they forze our salaries undefintly and removed all promised bonuses. no room for advancement .
Pros
no longer an employee
Cons
poor work atmosphere
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Cons
garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
productive and fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  moncton, NBMarch 19, 2015
Lots of support from the staff and employee's. Awesome trainings/trainers that will help you from day 1 to reach your goals.
lacked a sense of customer orientation
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMarch 8, 2015
The call centre work life was not suited to me. My experience in Customer service work prioritized customer satisfaction whereas this business prioritized call turnover rates instead of customer satisfaction and problem resolution. It was not a good fit for my personality. As each employee succeeded in their goals, they were squeezed to accomplish more until it was next to impossible to accomplish what the employer was seeking and still accomplish the intended goals with the restrictions put in place.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no respect or privacy
sykes was a great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 6, 2015
Sykes was a fantastic company, everyday id go in there were people with smiles on their faces and everyone seemed so happy!
Pros
great people
Cons
not very adaptable with scheduling
Productive and Fun Workplace
Wireless Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 4, 2015
I really enjoying working at Sykes and being apart of this great company. Every day is rewarding. I work from home handling customer inquiries.
Fun Workplace!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to work, especially if you want to work from home! Amazing staff and co workers. I advanced quickly, however don't see anymore opportunities for further advancement. Hours seem to slow down a lot more, and I find myself not getting what I should be for being full time.
Pros
work from home, flexible hours, great management
Cons
no room for advancement, hours during down time

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location