Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
sykes was a great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not very adaptable with scheduling
Sykes was a fantastic company, everyday id go in there were people with smiles on their faces and everyone seemed so happy!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Wireless Technical Support (Current Employee), Work from homeMarch 4, 2015
I really enjoying working at Sykes and being apart of this great company. Every day is rewarding. I work from home handling customer inquiries.
Fun Workplace!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work from home, flexible hours, great management
Cons: no room for advancement, hours during down time
Great place to work, especially if you want to work from home! Amazing staff and co workers. I advanced quickly, however don't see anymore opportunities for further advancement. Hours seem to slow down a lot more, and I find myself not getting what I should be for being full time.
Working multiple systems, stressful situations, great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: work schedule and breaks changing constantly
Sykes is an interesting place to work. In a typical day you have to use 8-12 different systems that you have to work while trying to sell services to a customer. Over the years there I learned a lot about bell products and services and how to position and rebuttal customers. The management there is good, there is just a lot of coaching and expectations when it comes to sales. But in the end I have made a lot of friends working there and have gotten to know the management quite well. My co workers are great people and I have really enjoyed working with them over my last three and a half years. The hardest part of my job is when you have someone calling in that is 70-80 years old and they need tech support but I still need to make an attempt to sell services. But in the end the people that I work with are who made the job fun and have helped me out with my calls and being there outside of work.
great group of people to work with
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
allows you the opportunity to have fun and enjoy your day at work
Great management always there to help
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: can't think of any
Busy makes the day go by fast. There is always ongoing education.
Lots of opportunity for advancement. There is also opportunity to move to other contracts. Wages are not that high but benefits are great, There are also incentives to encourage you to do better. Over all it is a great place to work.
Great Company
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), london onJanuary 20, 2015
Many opportunities and great people to work with. educational opportunities. great benefits and profit sharing
very organised and professional organisation
Customer Care representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: professional and encouraging environment
Cons: long hours
team leaders and life coaches are very helpful and encouraging. very organized institution.
gives training before hand on work which is very helpful.
Be Prepared
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: save on gas money, able to wear what you would like, no common office atmosphere
Cons: no schedule reliability, no upper management accountability, false promises, no permanent advancement, no position stability, almost zero communication
A wise person once said "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

Working from home is really nice but it pretty much stops there.
Call Center
Health Services Support Representative (Current Employee), LondonDecember 15, 2014
Triaging patients’ inbound calls to Telehealth Ontario and providing service referrals for health clinics if needed
Receiving and properly logging absenteeism calls for Chrysler US & Canada, Metro Ontario, Canada Bread and others
Processing donations for The Heart & Stroke Foundation and The Canadian Cancer Society
Providing assistance and creating follow-ups for legal advice or referrals for clients all across Canada
Maintaining required statistics as outlined in job description
Mentoring new hire trainees and providing quick and accurate answers to questions
Good pay, good people, not so good job
Road Side Assistance Dispatcher (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 29, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: long shifts, very little control over your hours/days
It was a good environment to work in and the people I worked with were all very nice and helpful. It is a stressful job and you do have to take some flak for the shortcomings of other employees and/or departments.
SALES ORIENTED
Customer Service / Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONNovember 20, 2014
VERY DYNAMIC CORPORATION. VERY SALES DRIVEN. BELL & SYKES OFFER GREAT COMPENSATION AS WELL AS INCENTIVES FOR SALES.
Over crowded
Agente téléphoniste (télémarketing) (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: answering the phone, learning new systems, being helpful to clients
Cons: crowded, no privacy
A typical day at would be answering the phones and help the clients with cellphones. I learnt about new cellphone systems and new computer systems, I also learnt to be a technical support. My co-workers were eager to help. The hardest part of the job was keeping calm with upset clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the stressful clients.
Full time hours, and great co-workers.
Online Chat Agent (Current Employee), Miramichi, NBNovember 8, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: lack of activities, non-flexible hours
2-hour flex start times are not the greatest idea, because this results in possibly having to work in the middle of the day, where you can not do much before or after the shift. But this is expected upon taking up a full-time position in a call center environment.

Besides the specific issues mentioned, working for Sykes is a great experience, where one would meet very interesting co-workers and even more interesting management and supervisors. In this job one would eventually learn more about the service you are trained to deal with. The hardest part of the job is also the easiest; working with the customers of the company you work for. These customers range from highly respected business owners to people like you (the agent), and can cause quite a bit of stress that one would eventually learn to deal with or work around.
The most enjoyable part is your co-workers. The environment within the department one is placed in is a friendly environment, where friends are made and enemies are forgotten.
If you can find a job somewhere else, please do.
Health Services Representative (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: floor staff is great
Cons: everything else
This company is garbage. They expect you to do the job of four different people, management is terrible and there is no discernible goal tracking system. No one knows what they're doing. There is an indefinite wage freeze and most incentives are completely unattainable.
Inbound sales
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: full time, benefits, perks
Cons: some long hours, stressful
Alot of systems to take in when first starting but being on the phones made it a lot easier to understand . Excellent for learning customer service and getting to know how to properly approach customers needs while making sales opportunities. Some customers are fantastic , others are very brutal to the agents even though they cannot control the issue and the anger is meant for the company. Could be hard to understand customer at times with the headsets- language barriers and extreme noise issues. Customers would complain about hearing all of the other agents around the desk and that also made it hard to hear the customer. It was great that there is always full time hours, benefits and great perks but it's a highly stressful place. Supervisors aren't always as helpful as they need to be , adding more stress to agents on the phone. This can create a poor positioning for sales which affects the agents job status, little sales or low percentages means the agent can be in the position to loose their job. However , overall , the company itself is fantastic.
good place to work
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: distance
good place to work money not to bad pay no raises though. staff was good and patient they wanted you to work hard but they worked just as hard
fast past
Customer Service (Current Employee), Miramichi, NBOctober 26, 2014
A typical day involves chatting with customers via the internet with concerns about their accounts, changes or password resets and can chat with up to 3 customers at the same time.
nice place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 7, 2014
good place to work, friendly people to work with. Management was great. Learned the world of a call center.
busy and productive days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and supervisors were fantastic
Cons: not professionally satisfied
fast paced call center atmosphere, enjoyed my co-workers found them to be very helpful and a wonderful joy.

I learned more about internet services and internet itself and enjoyed helping people along the technology path.

It just was not a satisfying job for me, I felt professionally stunted.