Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Work at home is nice
Loyalty care agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 August 2016
Working at home was a good experience. Coaches/ trainers and management was great overall. It can be difficult not being able to communicate for help other than typing when working.
worst company to work for
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
this company is such a sham I am surprised they still operate in Canada. the pay is $.05 above min. wage, hours are inconsistent, they say they pay for tech issues but then refuse to for legitimate issues with THEIR equipment. the upper echelon of management are oblivious to what is going on with the lower management or the reps under them. overall I would say DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job is a con
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, On26 July 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
Love working there
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB11 July 2016
your shift goes by so fast! and they pay pretty decent for working in New Brunswick too. I would recommend working there.
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
resourceful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 June 2016
Answer calls from customers who require help with billing in all areas of their account.

position can be very frustrating, not enough down time to process last calls
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
abuse that you take from customers
i have to do this
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2016
im not sure when but apparently to apply for a job now you have to rate other jobs that you have worked at. it donest make much sence to me on how this is relevent at all.
A "no thank you" job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 June 2016
If it wasn't for the people you work with and meet on the daily this job would be a complete nose-dive. You answer phones all day and handle billing.
Pros
commision
Cons
not worth the pay
Rotating shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL3 June 2016
This particular job was very stressful and hectic as you had a very limited amount of time to deal with customer issues and complaints,management was inflexible and unapproachable when issues would arise,hence the high turn over rate of employees.
Pros
Cons
Rotating shifts
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 May 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 May 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Sykes. The people are great, friendly and I made alot of friends very quickly. The only problem I had is that i have children and while they accommodated me and my children's schedules, its hard not to have any weekends off at all. I would definately return to work there should I need to and there was a change in how scheduling operated. I dont mind working on a weekend if I had to but not every weekend.
Pros
free lunches, lots of incentives, benefits after 6 months
Cons
unless you have seniority you dont get weekends off
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 April 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
Great atmosphere with co-workers
Health Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2016
A typical day at Sykes is as follows: You log into your systems and then you start taking calls, some are for this program, others are for that program, you send the files whee they need to go and then go back on "available" and wait for your next call, which, depending on the day. can be a long wait.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Some clients are very hard to deal with
Sales Rep/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB4 April 2016
This company treats the agents fairly on a daily basis and work around your schedule. I truly enjoyed working there for 7 yearsl. I would like to get back into the customer service work.
Pros
We had free lunches while working in the worse storms.
Cons
We did work long hours but with good pay and great thanks from management
say one and expect another
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 March 2016
very interesting sales enviroment meet new people everyday. management had there favorites. my co worker were great and willing to help out
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 March 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location