Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Worse job ever
inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
All this job is , is SALES SALES SALES
You are not told in the interview of the high pressure sales part of the job and you have to push 3 times in a call.......really.....if a customer says NO, then the chances are they mean NO.....and then you have to push again....really...what part of NO don't you understand??......and then you have to push again - How to really upset the customer!!!!
If you don't make sales you are fired....not told that in the interview.
Your calls are monitored and if they think you messed up they take your commission off you for the last week or whatever.
The standard of training is terrible and then you are dumped out on the floor to deal with customers yourself and the so called help available is abysmal.
If you want to keep your sanity DONT WORK HERE! If you want to go home with a headache and probably crying your eyes out - then go for it - don't say you were not warned!!
Pros
full time & benifits
Cons
none what so ever
flexible timing and fun working environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 22, 2014
Everyday is a new day. New inquiries from customers. No stress or home work from work.
I have learned phone handling skills and customer service. Learned American culture as well.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The management is very helpful in developing yourself more by observing you and giving feedback.
The hardest part of the job is when you've got an irate customers who don't want to listen to you.
The most enjoyable part is the team building for the team and entire account.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary and benefits
Horrible place to work.
"Customer Service" (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, OnMarch 28, 2015
Was promised fulltime and good benefits. The hours were slashed as well as the benefits. I was also hired as Customer Service not Inside Sales. Sykes will write employees up if they don't make the sales quotas. They also refuse to pay for any breaks, you will be on the phone for 8/9 hours and expect your schedule to change hourly. They will not tell you when this will happen and write you up if your late
Cons
Consistent BS
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Inbound sales
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ONOctober 28, 2014
Alot of systems to take in when first starting but being on the phones made it a lot easier to understand . Excellent for learning customer service and getting to know how to properly approach customers needs while making sales opportunities. Some customers are fantastic , others are very brutal to the agents even though they cannot control the issue and the anger is meant for the company. Could be hard to understand customer at times with the headsets- language barriers and extreme noise issues. Customers would complain about hearing all of the other agents around the desk and that also made it hard to hear the customer. It was great that there is always full time hours, benefits and great perks but it's a highly stressful place. Supervisors aren't always as helpful as they need to be , adding more stress to agents on the phone. This can create a poor positioning for sales which affects the agents job status, little sales or low percentages means the agent can be in the position to loose their job. However , overall , the company itself is fantastic.
Pros
full time, benefits, perks
Cons
some long hours, stressful
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Productive day with helping customers with what they called in for. Co-workers I work with are amazing and friendly. Management is a good team
Very fun and friendly enviroment
Customer care and super sales agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBApril 8, 2015
Work was a great place to be everybody was nice. Management were respectful to all. The job was not that difficult I enjoyed going to work and working overtime. The benefits were great and the incentives were amazing
Great management always there to help
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Busy makes the day go by fast. There is always ongoing education.
Lots of opportunity for advancement. There is also opportunity to move to other contracts. Wages are not that high but benefits are great, There are also incentives to encourage you to do better. Over all it is a great place to work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
can't think of any
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days
sucked the life out of me
csr (Former Employee) –  Lindsay ONFebruary 4, 2014
does sykes ever read these reviews TRAINING, MANAGEMENT complaints. How did these people get these positions???? TRAINING department needs a complete overhaul. Won't listen to csr ideas for improvement BUT will submit the ideas as there own and get recognition for it. B-------. If you need help you can ask 5 different supervisors and you get 5 different answers. It is a JOKE. The favoritism is unbelievable. Equipment issues on a daily basis and we would get in trouble for hook time. I miss co-workers and my paycheck but I have my sanity. Sykes should wake up and do a complete evaluation of the Lindsay location. NEW management and TRAINING department would turn this location. They start a training class of 20 and end up with 2 that stay. A NEW APPROACH to hiring, training and retention of employees would turn this bad situation into an excellent place to be employed. WAKE UP HEAD OFFICE!!!!!!!!
Pros
relationships with co workers, fun environment, fund raising events, commission, health care benefits package was excellent
Cons
not being properly trained and supervisors not being properly trained
helping people with each and every question requested
lnbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 15, 2012
Starts out as a steady flow of calls, busier during peek hours, and slow down as the day goes on.
I have learned that each and every person and situation is different and is very exciting.
I have always got along with my co-workers, and help each other when needed as a family.
The hardest part of the job I found was when I was not able to help a customer (that was with my authority).
The most enjoyable part was when I can hear the customers were very please when I could help with their situation.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
having to share a computer and work station with many employees
Productive an great place to work
Remote Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  on lineSeptember 13, 2013
Productive,busy an a lil stressful,but i've learned to still smile an talk calm an nice to customers that are being very complicated.My manager was a great person an very hard working an always there to solve any problem that i could not,i had great co-workers an the hardest part of my job was to listen to people curse me an get very rude an irritated at me but i always found a way to smooth things out an the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different people on a constant basis from all over the world an being able to totally satisfy my customers.
Pros
great pay an good health care benifits an 41k
Cons
short breaks
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NB, CanadaMay 31, 2012
1- Training was inadequate
2- Working out of province, company didn't know labour laws for other provinces
3- When benefits were supposed to kick in they didn't after 4 months
4- They constantly tell you you're doing fine etc then drop the bombshell that if you don't pick it up that you'll be let go...
5- It would take 3 weeks to get my pay stub
6- Management seemed confused a lot of the time.
7- You're often told to pitch something (new) to customers that you haven't had training for.
Pros
the pay isn't too bad
Cons
too many cons!!
Call Centre
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
the lost the contract to capital one small business so sadly we lost our jobs.. they did offer some people other jobs with in the company
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Pros
help people
Work is full of challenges
Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  PhillipinesDecember 4, 2015
You get to speak to British people talk about their culture. offer products that are suitable for them by means of fact finding. you also handle handle escalation from customer complaints regarding our service or service that we provide
Good pay/benefits and good friends. Nothing more.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, nbJuly 16, 2014
The only thing this place had going for it was the great people they hired, the salary and the bluecross benefits, it's a shame about the fleas, mice, dust, poor management and overall poor quality of work and environment.
Pros
great people, made many long term friends, great salary, good benefits.
Cons
too many to list, see my review for the tip of the iceberg.
Great company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
I do enjoy working for Sykes Canada. There are amazing growth opportunities and lot's to learn if you desire to take advantage of the private college.
It is a truly equal opportunity company where everyone has the same opportunities open to them.
Pros
Job Security, Continued learning.
Cons
N/A

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location