Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 May 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule
flexible timing and fun working environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines22 September 2014
Everyday is a new day. New inquiries from customers. No stress or home work from work.
I have learned phone handling skills and customer service. Learned American culture as well.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The management is very helpful in developing yourself more by observing you and giving feedback.
The hardest part of the job is when you've got an irate customers who don't want to listen to you.
The most enjoyable part is the team building for the team and entire account.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary and benefits
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2015
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
sucked the life out of me
csr (Former Employee) –  Lindsay ON4 February 2014
does sykes ever read these reviews TRAINING, MANAGEMENT complaints. How did these people get these positions???? TRAINING department needs a complete overhaul. Won't listen to csr ideas for improvement BUT will submit the ideas as there own and get recognition for it. B-------. If you need help you can ask 5 different supervisors and you get 5 different answers. It is a JOKE. The favoritism is unbelievable. Equipment issues on a daily basis and we would get in trouble for hook time. I miss co-workers and my paycheck but I have my sanity. Sykes should wake up and do a complete evaluation of the Lindsay location. NEW management and TRAINING department would turn this location. They start a training class of 20 and end up with 2 that stay. A NEW APPROACH to hiring, training and retention of employees would turn this bad situation into an excellent place to be employed. WAKE UP HEAD OFFICE!!!!!!!!
Pros
relationships with co workers, fun environment, fund raising events, commission, health care benefits package was excellent
Cons
not being properly TRAINED and supervisors not being PROPERLY TRAINED
Inbound sales
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 October 2014
Alot of systems to take in when first starting but being on the phones made it a lot easier to understand . Excellent for learning customer service and getting to know how to properly approach customers needs while making sales opportunities. Some customers are fantastic , others are very brutal to the agents even though they cannot control the issue and the anger is meant for the company. Could be hard to understand customer at times with the headsets- language barriers and extreme noise issues. Customers would complain about hearing all of the other agents around the desk and that also made it hard to hear the customer. It was great that there is always full time hours, benefits and great perks but it's a highly stressful place. Supervisors aren't always as helpful as they need to be , adding more stress to agents on the phone. This can create a poor positioning for sales which affects the agents job status, little sales or low percentages means the agent can be in the position to loose their job. However , overall , the company itself is fantastic.
Pros
full time, benefits, perks
Cons
some long hours, stressful
fkewfnwp
Chatr Mobile - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 September 2016
working for skyes enterprise was very demanding, people yelling/tormenting/threatening on the phone at you, you have to learn not to take it personal.
helping people with each and every question requested
lnbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2012
Starts out as a steady flow of calls, busier during peek hours, and slow down as the day goes on.
I have learned that each and every person and situation is different and is very exciting.
I have always got along with my co-workers, and help each other when needed as a family.
The hardest part of the job I found was when I was not able to help a customer (that was with my authority).
The most enjoyable part was when I can hear the customers were very please when I could help with their situation.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
having to share a computer and work station with many employees
Productive an great place to work
Remote Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  on line13 September 2013
Productive,busy an a lil stressful,but i've learned to still smile an talk calm an nice to customers that are being very complicated.My manager was a great person an very hard working an always there to solve any problem that i could not,i had great co-workers an the hardest part of my job was to listen to people curse me an get very rude an irritated at me but i always found a way to smooth things out an the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different people on a constant basis from all over the world an being able to totally satisfy my customers.
Pros
great pay an good health care benifits an 41k
Cons
short breaks
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NB, Canada31 May 2012
1- Training was inadequate
2- Working out of province, company didn't know labour laws for other provinces
3- When benefits were supposed to kick in they didn't after 4 months
4- They constantly tell you you're doing fine etc then drop the bombshell that if you don't pick it up that you'll be let go...
5- It would take 3 weeks to get my pay stub
6- Management seemed confused a lot of the time.
7- You're often told to pitch something (new) to customers that you haven't had training for.
Pros
the pay isn't too bad
Cons
too many cons!!
Rotating shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL3 June 2016
This particular job was very stressful and hectic as you had a very limited amount of time to deal with customer issues and complaints,management was inflexible and unapproachable when issues would arise,hence the high turn over rate of employees.
Pros
Cons
Rotating shifts
Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, On26 July 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
Great management always there to help
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2015
Busy makes the day go by fast. There is always ongoing education.
Lots of opportunity for advancement. There is also opportunity to move to other contracts. Wages are not that high but benefits are great, There are also incentives to encourage you to do better. Over all it is a great place to work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
can't think of any
Productive work enviroment with like-minded hard working individuals
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 February 2016
A work day at Sykes Landscaping begins with arriving at the shop and morning briefing of the days directions according to what duties/ jobs each of the two crews will perform. Work hours are 7am-6pm with a usual 30 minute cleaning period before leaving the job site. I learned how to operate bobcat small heavy machinery, how to operate a laser level to achieve proper heights for basing of patios, driveways, walkways and garden beds. My co-workers were like-minded hard working individuals which motivation was spread down from the foreman himself. The hardest part of the job was constantly moving heavy loads in wheelbarrows such as Gran A used for basing aswell as HPB or High Performance Basing as the final level of basing for patios, driveways and walkways aswell as premium soil for grading purposes and triple mix soil used for completing garden beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish product that we all worked so very hard everyday to complete.
Pros
compliments, odd treat from customers who were very appreciative
Cons
Long hours, lots of heavy lifting
Horrible place to work.
"Customer Service" (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, On28 March 2015
Was promised fulltime and good benefits. The hours were slashed as well as the benefits. I was also hired as Customer Service not Inside Sales. Sykes will write employees up if they don't make the sales quotas. They also refuse to pay for any breaks, you will be on the phone for 8/9 hours and expect your schedule to change hourly. They will not tell you when this will happen and write you up if your late
Cons
Consistent BS
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
Good pay/benefits and good friends. Nothing more.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, nb16 July 2014
The only thing this place had going for it was the great people they hired, the salary and the bluecross benefits, it's a shame about the fleas, mice, dust, poor management and overall poor quality of work and environment.
Pros
GREAT people, made many long term friends, great salary, good benefits.
Cons
Too many to list, see my review for the tip of the iceberg.
resourceful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 June 2016
Answer calls from customers who require help with billing in all areas of their account.

position can be very frustrating, not enough down time to process last calls
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
abuse that you take from customers

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location