Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB2 March 2016
Over all very fun place to work, a lot of room for advancement, the people I worked with became like family. On my 3 month anniversary I was promoted to trainer where I excelled, After 1 year and 1 month working there the company closed.
Pros
like family
Cons
not organized
Love working there
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB11 July 2016
your shift goes by so fast! and they pay pretty decent for working in New Brunswick too. I would recommend working there.
say one and expect another
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 March 2016
very interesting sales enviroment meet new people everyday. management had there favorites. my co worker were great and willing to help out
i have to do this
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2016
im not sure when but apparently to apply for a job now you have to rate other jobs that you have worked at. it donest make much sence to me on how this is relevent at all.
Good paying job with lots of overtime available
Bell Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 May 2013
A typical day at work is answering phone calls about billing all day long. I learned a lot about researching information and handling confidential information. Management unfortunately was usually to busy to help with anything and sometimes had to refuse customers opportunities to speak with them. Didn't get to know co-workers that well because you are on calls all day long and didn't have much time inbetween. The hardest part of the job was dealing with several irrate customers every day. The enjoyable part was helping kind customers who understood and did everything possible to make my job easier and to help them faster!
Cons
Long Hours, Mandatory Holidays or Over time, Not much Help from Management, Customers yell at you
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Canada19 March 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
great coworkers / lots of weekly incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 June 2014
fast paced, constant feedback - online learning - We worked best as a team, helping each other. We came from different Call Centres and were able to provide lots of different input to Management. Sykes offers lots of resources with offers to work from home or travel to work and they provide training and are willing to help you succeed. Training starts in the classroom, where we had some fun getting to know our classmates, instructors and Management team.. Our trainer was exceptional at being able to train, and deal with different behaviours. This person made sure to include everyone. On the floor was ongoing learning. Sykes offered Medical and Dental benefits. I was also able to approach anyone in Management, which can be difficult. Sykes didn't put up barriers.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
low salary
Worse job ever
inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Ontario17 January 2014
All this job is , is SALES SALES SALES
You are not told in the interview of the high pressure sales part of the job and you have to push 3 times in a call.......really.....if a customer says NO, then the chances are they mean NO.....and then you have to push again....really...what part of NO don't you understand??......and then you have to push again - How to really upset the customer!!!!
If you don't make sales you are fired....not told that in the interview.
Your calls are monitored and if they think you messed up they take your commission off you for the last week or whatever.
The standard of training is terrible and then you are dumped out on the floor to deal with customers yourself and the so called help available is abysmal.
If you want to keep your sanity DONT WORK HERE! If you want to go home with a headache and probably crying your eyes out - then go for it - don't say you were not warned!!
Pros
full time & benifits
Cons
None what so ever
Great atmosphere with co-workers
Health Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2016
A typical day at Sykes is as follows: You log into your systems and then you start taking calls, some are for this program, others are for that program, you send the files whee they need to go and then go back on "available" and wait for your next call, which, depending on the day. can be a long wait.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Some clients are very hard to deal with
a fun job.
s2s agent,and outbound agent. (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotia15 July 2014
a typical day at sykes was getting clocked in loading up and hitting the phones. I learned alot while working at sykes, a big thing would be how to speak to customer's,and have the necessary patience to work with the customer. The managment was great always friendly and always there when needed. The co workers were all great the odd time you'd get a co worker who was obnoxious or rude but not often. the hardest part of the job was having the patience to deal with some situations. The most enjoyable thing about the job was speaking to hundreds of different people every day, and putting yourself in their shoes to help solve their problem.
Pros
benifits, great people, never boring.
Cons
long hours, staying in one spot.
Sales and Customer Service should be seperate
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John12 June 2014
Very good company to work for, always offering additional training to improve your interpersonal skills. I learned a variety of different software's, sales techniques, product information, and the overall satisfaction of helping a customer. Management are very personable people, they are not the type to just hide behind doors, co-workers are likes friends and family. This is a very high stressed job, abiding by 7 steps in a call flow as well as 7 different statistics to meet. Calls never come in the way you would expect so the call flow is very difficult to maintain. The most enjoyable part about the job is having friends to laugh with when there is time to relax and sit back.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Quota
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
if you are a phone and computer person and have a great sales voice its a good job
Sales Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 August 2013
a day at work is you come in set your programs up get on the phone lines start up selling helping and letting the costumers know about the promotions and new things that are coming they're way

I've learned to talk on the phone along with typing on computer looking at flyer's to help and say my introduction

Management is good they love to pump up the crowed and let us know that up-selling and making the costumer happy is the number one key to the company,

hardest part about that job is sitting for 8 hours sometimes longer

most enjoyable part about that job is to really help the costumer out
Pros
get to talk to alot of interesting people
Cons
sitting for a long period of time
A "no thank you" job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 June 2016
If it wasn't for the people you work with and meet on the daily this job would be a complete nose-dive. You answer phones all day and handle billing.
Pros
commision
Cons
not worth the pay
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 April 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 January 2016
Productive day with helping customers with what they called in for. Co-workers I work with are amazing and friendly. Management is a good team
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 November 2015
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Pros
No pros for working here.
Cons
Long hours, not enough support.
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2015
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
sucked the life out of me
csr (Former Employee) –  Lindsay ON4 February 2014
does sykes ever read these reviews TRAINING, MANAGEMENT complaints. How did these people get these positions???? TRAINING department needs a complete overhaul. Won't listen to csr ideas for improvement BUT will submit the ideas as there own and get recognition for it. B-------. If you need help you can ask 5 different supervisors and you get 5 different answers. It is a JOKE. The favoritism is unbelievable. Equipment issues on a daily basis and we would get in trouble for hook time. I miss co-workers and my paycheck but I have my sanity. Sykes should wake up and do a complete evaluation of the Lindsay location. NEW management and TRAINING department would turn this location. They start a training class of 20 and end up with 2 that stay. A NEW APPROACH to hiring, training and retention of employees would turn this bad situation into an excellent place to be employed. WAKE UP HEAD OFFICE!!!!!!!!
Pros
relationships with co workers, fun environment, fund raising events, commission, health care benefits package was excellent
Cons
not being properly TRAINED and supervisors not being PROPERLY TRAINED

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location