Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Call Centre
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 February 2016
the lost the contract to capital one small business so sadly we lost our jobs.. they did offer some people other jobs with in the company
Productive work enviroment with like-minded hard working individuals
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 February 2016
A work day at Sykes Landscaping begins with arriving at the shop and morning briefing of the days directions according to what duties/ jobs each of the two crews will perform. Work hours are 7am-6pm with a usual 30 minute cleaning period before leaving the job site. I learned how to operate bobcat small heavy machinery, how to operate a laser level to achieve proper heights for basing of patios, driveways, walkways and garden beds. My co-workers were like-minded hard working individuals which motivation was spread down from the foreman himself. The hardest part of the job was constantly moving heavy loads in wheelbarrows such as Gran A used for basing aswell as HPB or High Performance Basing as the final level of basing for patios, driveways and walkways aswell as premium soil for grading purposes and triple mix soil used for completing garden beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish product that we all worked so very hard everyday to complete.
Pros
compliments, odd treat from customers who were very appreciative
Cons
Long hours, lots of heavy lifting
Friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2016
Sykes is a call center so a typical day was spent on a computer and answer calls from customers regarding their cell phones and cell phone plans. At sykes I learned better computer skills and stronger customer service skills. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was helping customers who were frustrated with their cell phones and cell phone bills. Most enjoyable was the games and contest that promoted making sales to customers.
Pros
Contests and prizes
Cons
Frustrated customers
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2016
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Pros
help people
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON30 January 2016
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Pros
Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons
Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 January 2016
Productive day with helping customers with what they called in for. Co-workers I work with are amazing and friendly. Management is a good team
Awsome Envronment
Outbound customer service/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB18 January 2016
Good company to work for, Excellent benefits, Bonus , and other incentives involved. Must be able o deal with high levels of stress,
Great job good people to work work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 January 2016
Worked at Sykes for 5 years till closing. Everyone i worked with was friendly and polite. Did a lot of sales and customer service
Pros
Working with polite employees
Cons
Late hours but didn't mind it.
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 December 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 December 2015
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
Work is full of challenges
Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Phillipines4 December 2015
You get to speak to British people talk about their culture. offer products that are suitable for them by means of fact finding. you also handle handle escalation from customer complaints regarding our service or service that we provide
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 November 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
loved client and software
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 November 2015
Most difficult was not having 2 consecutive days off together. Co-workers were excellent, enjoyed customers. Training was primarily self taught, but I enjoy challenge learning new skills. It was the most filthy physical environment; never have seen bedbugs but WHSCC had to investigate for fumigation of them
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 November 2015
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Pros
No pros for working here.
Cons
Long hours, not enough support.
Work from home
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home Based10 November 2015
Nice to be able to work from a home office. Supportive peers to work with. Very flexible schedule. Hardest part of job is dealing with management in a virtual environment.
Fast paced work place.
Technical support for cell phones (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 November 2015
An enjoyable work place.
Quick change over in staff due to ever changing products and job requirements.
Fast paced and continuous learning.
Pros
Swag from the client
Cons
Dark basement office.
Not what I hoped for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 October 2015
I left a full-time hospital position to work for Sykes' Telehealth division. The thought of working fewer nights and weekends was appealing from a work-life balance perspective, as well as working 10 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts. Mediocre benefits package.

Management was fair to all employees. Performance reviews held monthly, goal setting for improving practice was part of the job. Communication between management and staff was good to very good, with staff meetings held regularly. Option to call in to the meeting from home (and get paid) if not working that day.

Expectations from management included average call time of 13-14 minutes to assess patients and provide care advice. Breaks and lunches are scheduled, deviations (due to calls going into break time) had to be approved.

Had I been aware of the volume of calls involving male 'problems' (I am deadly serious) prior to joining this company, I would have reconsidered working there.
Pros
Good team
Cons
High volume of inappropriate callers; constant monitoring
Productive place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 October 2015
It was a productive place, and some of the people there were good, but I didn't like that they let some people get away with anything jst because they are good at selling or they were just afraid to loose people
Pros
great wages
Cons
being lazy
Awesome place to work
Roadside assistance agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2015
Fast paced, every call was different, great staff, excellent trainers, very interesting job love helping others. Team players, extra work if wanted