Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Great starter job from home
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 31, 2015
Great for advancing if you have the drive.
Sometimes indecisive of courses of actions.
Minimal pay so you have to love what you do however no commuting or transportation expenses, clothing expense etc and no winter time outside.
Management great!
Cons
minimal pay
Ok Place to be employed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of providing technical support to clients for television and internet. Learned a lot about problem solving. Management could be fun but professional as well as coworker. The hardest part of the job would be upset clients but could be easily rectified with a possible solution.
Pros
prize giveaways
Cons
hours could change on a whim
Productive and professional combined with fun
CSR, Supervisor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company as there was a high set of standards and work ethic to be met. It was also fun due to the incentives each team had to have a healthy inner competition for sales and customer service excellence.
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling
Cons
One bad week of stats and an agent could be fired.
Working from home was comfortable and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kitchener, ontarioJuly 30, 2015
answering calls regarding wireless accounts, billing, sales, in depth assistance with all aspects of customers accounts.
Management was always helpful and available for any concerns or questions. Was able to chat online with co-workers at all times for experiences and help.
The hardest part of the job was selling to people who were calling in regarding high bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was every day was a different experience and most customers were absolutely wonderful to talk to
Pros
working from home
Cons
selling
good place ti work but very stressful at times
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  windsor nsJuly 26, 2015
last going off we was back to back with calls taking inbound calls about billing and issues with there services I would go back if some things changed like getting things working right
Pros
got paid for breaks
Cons
hard to get a day off
Productive environment
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONJuly 18, 2015
I learned all the basics of customer service for inquiries on billing and general complaints, propositioning sales, and making rebuttals. The co-workers were driven, fun individuals, always friendly. A typical day we're all just in an environment trying to complete sales in fun and rewarding ways. Meetings sales objectives, top 5, it was all about trying to make sales worthwhile.
Pros
Sales initiatives
Day on job
tier 1 tech support (Former Employee) –  in my home.July 13, 2015
, log in the call center, take calls about cell phones, tablet issues and email issue, help customer resolve all issue, trans call to another department if need, search data base for tech solution.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enought support
Inbound customer service/sales representative (Former Employee) –  st.johns nlJuly 4, 2015
Stressful environment. Great customers, really loved dealing with the public and solving any issues they had. Left position due to the pressure of making sales over customer service.
enjoyable place to work because you have the sense of helping others
CSR Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 26, 2015
- interacted with towers and dealers to aid clients
- assisted clients to the best of ability in providing roadside service
- sold roadside insurance coverage

- learned a lot about towing certain vehicles--such as 4 x 4 where the tower has to use "specials" like flatbed etc

- learned about the "transporting" of certain higher end vehicles

- learned Lexus lockout procedures

- the most difficult part of the job was being able to tow the client's vehicle but then depending on coverage could not provided them meals, hotel, etc

- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist motorists in need

***** I worked for Sykes under my maiden name Lori Leslie
and I.m not 100% sure on the dates.....my Supervisor was Shannon Lidkea *****
Pros
can work from home...good pay
Cons
night and weekend work and especially Holiday work
Great Environment, Great People
Bilingual Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed my time with Skyes. The people were great and made for an energetic positive environment to learn and do my job well.
decent commission
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJune 1, 2015
working for this company you had the opportunity for commission on all sales however you had to make the top 10% in order to receive the full bonus.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
had to make top 10% for full bonuses
Good Place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 25, 2015
Was a good place to work, once you get to know everyone its a fun place to be working.
Supervisors and Team Managers were great.
Pros
Good with requesting time off
Cons
CX yelling
Staff are wonderful but company has forgotten there staff
Sales/Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, OntarioMay 19, 2015
Sykes Enterprises is a well known company who has forgotten the people who have made them the company they are today. They are constantly expecting and putting more work on there employees without giving any type of raise and have completely forgotten that there employees also have families and never give time on weekends for them to have quality time with them. I think they should be more aware of the implications of that as it gives them a bad name in the general work force.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no weekends off / no raises as frozen since Feb 2013
Sykes Home
Customer service oriented (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2015
Working from home would be advantage but not ideal when you have dogs which can not always be controlled noise wise and with this company there is zero tolerance for noise background which was just a matter of time before the dogs barked in the background and would have been heard by the clients. It wasn't my cup of tea.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Zero tolerance for noise in the background
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Help staff was no help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBMay 5, 2015
When there is support staff on the floor they are suppose to help the other employees. They do not, apparently the have better things to do.
Challenging place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLApril 18, 2015
I enjoyed helping people with Internet issues. Set weekly schedules allowed for set times off. This gave a good balance to work time and time off.
Pros
set work schedule
Cons
no set pay increases
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2015
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
Very fun and friendly enviroment
Customer care and super sales agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBApril 8, 2015
Work was a great place to be everybody was nice. Management were respectful to all. The job was not that difficult I enjoyed going to work and working overtime. The benefits were great and the incentives were amazing
Horrible place to work.
"Customer Service" (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, OnMarch 28, 2015
Was promised fulltime and good benefits. The hours were slashed as well as the benefits. I was also hired as Customer Service not Inside Sales. Sykes will write employees up if they don't make the sales quotas. They also refuse to pay for any breaks, you will be on the phone for 8/9 hours and expect your schedule to change hourly. They will not tell you when this will happen and write you up if your late
Cons
Consistent BS