Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Work at home is nice
Loyalty care agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 August 2016
Working at home was a good experience. Coaches/ trainers and management was great overall. It can be difficult not being able to communicate for help other than typing when working.
Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 May 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
Fun Workplace
Data Entry/Check Verifier (Former Employee) –  Que2 February 2017
We do verify checks from bank of america and Jp Morgan chase and we need to hit our KSPH per month to get our monthly incentives... They had a clean work place and a very professional offices in Manila
Pros
incentives a month
Cons
hour
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2016
When working for Sykes I was a CSR responsible for helping customers with technical problems whether it be phone internet or cable. I enjoyed this job but I enjoy retail better.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Easy
Telemarketing sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2017
My average day was taking customer service calls from customers. Working for rogers was interesting because most customers we're calling in with issues and were distraught.
Rotating shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL3 June 2016
This particular job was very stressful and hectic as you had a very limited amount of time to deal with customer issues and complaints,management was inflexible and unapproachable when issues would arise,hence the high turn over rate of employees.
Pros
Cons
Rotating shifts
Good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 November 2016
Great people to work with, Nice freindly and helpful. learn all new tech.. nice pay.. overtime.. bad wait time between calls. To much to do at once..
Pros
nice people
Cons
calls
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MB7 August 2016
A typical day at work started with a five minute motivational meeting, then we were ready to take calls and help people. I learned techniques to sell and multitasking skills. The hardest part was to deal with angry or disrespectful customers, but the most enjoyable part was when i was able to help them and switch them to a good mood.
Pros
comission
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 November 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Long hours but opportunity to make good income
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 September 2015
This work at home job is not for everyone. At the time I worked there I found the hours long and the pressure to sell high. If you are looking for lots of hours with some benefits then you will appreciate this company. Especially if you enjoy the challenge of up selling. The commission for selling plans and products was good, so there is the opportunity to make a decent income. Working from home can be lonely so if you like interacting with people on the job then you won't enjoy this work.
Pros
Working from home. No weather worries. No worries about clothing.
Cons
Long hours. Pressure to up sell.
Friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2016
Sykes is a call center so a typical day was spent on a computer and answer calls from customers regarding their cell phones and cell phone plans. At sykes I learned better computer skills and stronger customer service skills. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was helping customers who were frustrated with their cell phones and cell phone bills. Most enjoyable was the games and contest that promoted making sales to customers.
Pros
Contests and prizes
Cons
Frustrated customers
fkewfnwp
Chatr Mobile - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 September 2016
working for skyes enterprise was very demanding, people yelling/tormenting/threatening on the phone at you, you have to learn not to take it personal.
Productive work enviroment with like-minded hard working individuals
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 February 2016
A work day at Sykes Landscaping begins with arriving at the shop and morning briefing of the days directions according to what duties/ jobs each of the two crews will perform. Work hours are 7am-6pm with a usual 30 minute cleaning period before leaving the job site. I learned how to operate bobcat small heavy machinery, how to operate a laser level to achieve proper heights for basing of patios, driveways, walkways and garden beds. My co-workers were like-minded hard working individuals which motivation was spread down from the foreman himself. The hardest part of the job was constantly moving heavy loads in wheelbarrows such as Gran A used for basing aswell as HPB or High Performance Basing as the final level of basing for patios, driveways and walkways aswell as premium soil for grading purposes and triple mix soil used for completing garden beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish product that we all worked so very hard everyday to complete.
Pros
compliments, odd treat from customers who were very appreciative
Cons
Long hours, lots of heavy lifting
flexible timing and fun working environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines22 September 2014
Everyday is a new day. New inquiries from customers. No stress or home work from work.
I have learned phone handling skills and customer service. Learned American culture as well.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The management is very helpful in developing yourself more by observing you and giving feedback.
The hardest part of the job is when you've got an irate customers who don't want to listen to you.
The most enjoyable part is the team building for the team and entire account.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary and benefits
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON30 January 2016
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Pros
Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons
Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location