Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Staff are wonderful but company has forgotten there staff
Sales/Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, OntarioMay 19, 2015
Sykes Enterprises is a well known company who has forgotten the people who have made them the company they are today. They are constantly expecting and putting more work on there employees without giving any type of raise and have completely forgotten that there employees also have families and never give time on weekends for them to have quality time with them. I think they should be more aware of the implications of that as it gives them a bad name in the general work force.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no weekends off / no raises as frozen since Feb 2013
resourceful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 23, 2016
Answer calls from customers who require help with billing in all areas of their account.

position can be very frustrating, not enough down time to process last calls
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
abuse that you take from customers
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 27, 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OnJuly 26, 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
Fun place to work and learn
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 19, 2016
Come into work, check stock levels, make sure areas are cleaned that where supposed to be cleaned over night by the cleaner. Depending on the day, work on schedule for the next week(s), update stock to be ordered on a weekly basis. Was available throughout the shift to address any issues whether big or small. Looked after orders coming in for IT.
Work is full of challenges
Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  PhillipinesDecember 4, 2015
You get to speak to British people talk about their culture. offer products that are suitable for them by means of fact finding. you also handle handle escalation from customer complaints regarding our service or service that we provide
A "no thank you" job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 3, 2016
If it wasn't for the people you work with and meet on the daily this job would be a complete nose-dive. You answer phones all day and handle billing.
Pros
commision
Cons
not worth the pay
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 13, 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
i have to do this
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 14, 2016
im not sure when but apparently to apply for a job now you have to rate other jobs that you have worked at. it donest make much sence to me on how this is relevent at all.
Avoid Sykes Home
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work, you log into your systems and hope there are no problems with Sykes' network or servers.

You will learn the Rogers is a crooked company and will do just about anything to make a dollar off of their customers. They're very secretive about when they make mistakes, especially if they're billing related. Rogers tells it's employees not to proactively inform the customer if there is a billing mistake; However if the customer brings it to our attention we are suppose to rectify the solution.

The hardest part of the job isn't the customer, or the fact there is little or no time to breathe while you're at work. The hardest part of the job is the support doesn't feel like they're there to help you. You feel as if someone is always lingering over you like you are in pre-school again. Having to ask to leave the room and use the restroom if it is necessary. The support team is rude, and does not listen. They will repeat themselves endlessly even after you have mentioned what they have suggested has not helped the situation.

Frankly, the only enjoyable part about the job is working from the comfort of your own home.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Early Hours, Short breaks, Poor Benefits, Very poor employee support, Un-Paid Vacations
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 2, 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
Love working there
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NBJuly 11, 2016
your shift goes by so fast! and they pay pretty decent for working in New Brunswick too. I would recommend working there.
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Great company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
I do enjoy working for Sykes Canada. There are amazing growth opportunities and lot's to learn if you desire to take advantage of the private college.
It is a truly equal opportunity company where everyone has the same opportunities open to them.
Pros
Job Security, Continued learning.
Cons
N/A
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
Work from home
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 10, 2015
Nice to be able to work from a home office. Supportive peers to work with. Very flexible schedule. Hardest part of job is dealing with management in a virtual environment.
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Cons
garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
Working from home was comfortable and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kitchener, ontarioJuly 30, 2015
answering calls regarding wireless accounts, billing, sales, in depth assistance with all aspects of customers accounts.
Management was always helpful and available for any concerns or questions. Was able to chat online with co-workers at all times for experiences and help.
The hardest part of the job was selling to people who were calling in regarding high bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was every day was a different experience and most customers were absolutely wonderful to talk to
Pros
working from home
Cons
selling

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location