Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
Sykes is an environment where there are a lot of the same people in the same situations dealing with relatively the same things. These are trained experts on how to not only deal with customer service interactions but how to deal with them benefiting yourself and the cx.
Pros
Freestyle Fridays
Cons
Too little care on some things
it was ok
Billing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2016
day in day out taking calls from customers with billing issues. the management was great, and coworkers were amazing. hardest part was getting the customers to realize how there billing worked
Pros
diversity
Cons
yelled at a lot by customers
Avoid Sykes Home
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 October 2015
A typical day at work, you log into your systems and hope there are no problems with Sykes' network or servers.

You will learn the Rogers is a crooked company and will do just about anything to make a dollar off of their customers. They're very secretive about when they make mistakes, especially if they're billing related. Rogers tells it's employees not to proactively inform the customer if there is a billing mistake; However if the customer brings it to our attention we are suppose to rectify the solution.

The hardest part of the job isn't the customer, or the fact there is little or no time to breathe while you're at work. The hardest part of the job is the support doesn't feel like they're there to help you. You feel as if someone is always lingering over you like you are in pre-school again. Having to ask to leave the room and use the restroom if it is necessary. The support team is rude, and does not listen. They will repeat themselves endlessly even after you have mentioned what they have suggested has not helped the situation.

Frankly, the only enjoyable part about the job is working from the comfort of your own home.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Early Hours, Short breaks, Poor Benefits, Very poor employee support, Un-Paid Vacations
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MB7 August 2016
A typical day at work started with a five minute motivational meeting, then we were ready to take calls and help people. I learned techniques to sell and multitasking skills. The hardest part was to deal with angry or disrespectful customers, but the most enjoyable part was when i was able to help them and switch them to a good mood.
Pros
comission
Work at home is nice
Loyalty care agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 August 2016
Working at home was a good experience. Coaches/ trainers and management was great overall. It can be difficult not being able to communicate for help other than typing when working.
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Staff are wonderful but company has forgotten there staff
Sales/Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Ontario19 May 2015
Sykes Enterprises is a well known company who has forgotten the people who have made them the company they are today. They are constantly expecting and putting more work on there employees without giving any type of raise and have completely forgotten that there employees also have families and never give time on weekends for them to have quality time with them. I think they should be more aware of the implications of that as it gives them a bad name in the general work force.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no weekends off / no raises as frozen since Feb 2013
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule
Rotating shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL3 June 2016
This particular job was very stressful and hectic as you had a very limited amount of time to deal with customer issues and complaints,management was inflexible and unapproachable when issues would arise,hence the high turn over rate of employees.
Pros
Cons
Rotating shifts
Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 November 2016
Great people to work with, Nice freindly and helpful. learn all new tech.. nice pay.. overtime.. bad wait time between calls. To much to do at once..
Pros
nice people
Cons
calls
Productive work enviroment with like-minded hard working individuals
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 February 2016
A work day at Sykes Landscaping begins with arriving at the shop and morning briefing of the days directions according to what duties/ jobs each of the two crews will perform. Work hours are 7am-6pm with a usual 30 minute cleaning period before leaving the job site. I learned how to operate bobcat small heavy machinery, how to operate a laser level to achieve proper heights for basing of patios, driveways, walkways and garden beds. My co-workers were like-minded hard working individuals which motivation was spread down from the foreman himself. The hardest part of the job was constantly moving heavy loads in wheelbarrows such as Gran A used for basing aswell as HPB or High Performance Basing as the final level of basing for patios, driveways and walkways aswell as premium soil for grading purposes and triple mix soil used for completing garden beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish product that we all worked so very hard everyday to complete.
Pros
compliments, odd treat from customers who were very appreciative
Cons
Long hours, lots of heavy lifting
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Canada19 March 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
fkewfnwp
Chatr Mobile - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 September 2016
working for skyes enterprise was very demanding, people yelling/tormenting/threatening on the phone at you, you have to learn not to take it personal.
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, On26 July 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
a fun job.
s2s agent,and outbound agent. (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotia15 July 2014
a typical day at sykes was getting clocked in loading up and hitting the phones. I learned alot while working at sykes, a big thing would be how to speak to customer's,and have the necessary patience to work with the customer. The managment was great always friendly and always there when needed. The co workers were all great the odd time you'd get a co worker who was obnoxious or rude but not often. the hardest part of the job was having the patience to deal with some situations. The most enjoyable thing about the job was speaking to hundreds of different people every day, and putting yourself in their shoes to help solve their problem.
Pros
benifits, great people, never boring.
Cons
long hours, staying in one spot.
great coworkers / lots of weekly incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 June 2014
fast paced, constant feedback - online learning - We worked best as a team, helping each other. We came from different Call Centres and were able to provide lots of different input to Management. Sykes offers lots of resources with offers to work from home or travel to work and they provide training and are willing to help you succeed. Training starts in the classroom, where we had some fun getting to know our classmates, instructors and Management team.. Our trainer was exceptional at being able to train, and deal with different behaviours. This person made sure to include everyone. On the floor was ongoing learning. Sykes offered Medical and Dental benefits. I was also able to approach anyone in Management, which can be difficult. Sykes didn't put up barriers.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
low salary
Worse job ever
inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Ontario17 January 2014
All this job is , is SALES SALES SALES
You are not told in the interview of the high pressure sales part of the job and you have to push 3 times in a call.......really.....if a customer says NO, then the chances are they mean NO.....and then you have to push again....really...what part of NO don't you understand??......and then you have to push again - How to really upset the customer!!!!
If you don't make sales you are fired....not told that in the interview.
Your calls are monitored and if they think you messed up they take your commission off you for the last week or whatever.
The standard of training is terrible and then you are dumped out on the floor to deal with customers yourself and the so called help available is abysmal.
If you want to keep your sanity DONT WORK HERE! If you want to go home with a headache and probably crying your eyes out - then go for it - don't say you were not warned!!
Pros
full time & benifits
Cons
None what so ever

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location