Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Inbound is fun but not outbound
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 September 2016
I loved it when i first started as i was doing inbound calls only so i was answering questions for clients already having services with us. Then it went to being inbound and outbound calls which meant outbound calls was me calling out to people asking them to start services with us which a problem that occurred was constantly calling the same peoples 3 times in a same week, asking the same thing so obviously they would get upset with us. At the end i was only doing outbound so it got even worst and found out i was pregnant after fainting on the floor at work so that's when my Dr wrote me off work. This company was very understanding with what i was going through in that period of time.
Pros
Very Fun, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Lots of studying, Short Lunches
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule
Sykes home
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
While working with SYKES, the Management is definitely helpful with teaching and embracing the needs of those they are responsible for.

I've had a lot of positive experience working with SYKES Home.
Pros
Training and materials provided to learn the job are readily available
Cons
Hours at times would conflict with needs as at times will take most of the day
Supportive team leaders
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 August 2016
Performed inbound customer service for mobile customers. The support staff provide useful methods for improving results and create a welcoming environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive environment created by coworkers and management.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Software can be slow due to its age
I would not work her
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  work at home24 August 2016
They say you get full hours however you dont you start off full then you fight for hours, the promoting within lies, they dont, also the benefits are sucky. They are solely not a company you want to work for, they are very non secure so there is no job security the rules change to fit there needs (if they want to give you trouble) or they completely forget to mention the rule changes but you still get in trouble for there mess ups they cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING and most of them are unapproachable and they dont like to listen to what you have to say. Miserable company!!!! LIERS!
Pros
NOTHING STEER CLEAR!
Cons
fight for hours
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MB7 August 2016
A typical day at work started with a five minute motivational meeting, then we were ready to take calls and help people. I learned techniques to sell and multitasking skills. The hardest part was to deal with angry or disrespectful customers, but the most enjoyable part was when i was able to help them and switch them to a good mood.
Pros
comission
it was ok
Billing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2016
day in day out taking calls from customers with billing issues. the management was great, and coworkers were amazing. hardest part was getting the customers to realize how there billing worked
Pros
diversity
Cons
yelled at a lot by customers
Work at home is nice
Loyalty care agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 August 2016
Working at home was a good experience. Coaches/ trainers and management was great overall. It can be difficult not being able to communicate for help other than typing when working.
worst company to work for
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
this company is such a sham I am surprised they still operate in Canada. the pay is $.05 above min. wage, hours are inconsistent, they say they pay for tech issues but then refuse to for legitimate issues with THEIR equipment. the upper echelon of management are oblivious to what is going on with the lower management or the reps under them. overall I would say DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job is a con
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, On26 July 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
Love working there
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB11 July 2016
your shift goes by so fast! and they pay pretty decent for working in New Brunswick too. I would recommend working there.
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
resourceful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 June 2016
Answer calls from customers who require help with billing in all areas of their account.

position can be very frustrating, not enough down time to process last calls
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
abuse that you take from customers
i have to do this
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2016
im not sure when but apparently to apply for a job now you have to rate other jobs that you have worked at. it donest make much sence to me on how this is relevent at all.
A "no thank you" job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 June 2016
If it wasn't for the people you work with and meet on the daily this job would be a complete nose-dive. You answer phones all day and handle billing.
Pros
commision
Cons
not worth the pay
Rotating shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL3 June 2016
This particular job was very stressful and hectic as you had a very limited amount of time to deal with customer issues and complaints,management was inflexible and unapproachable when issues would arise,hence the high turn over rate of employees.
Pros
Cons
Rotating shifts
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 May 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 May 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location