Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 27, 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
fkewfnwp
Chatr Mobile - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 9, 2016
working for skyes enterprise was very demanding, people yelling/tormenting/threatening on the phone at you, you have to learn not to take it personal.
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONJanuary 30, 2016
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Pros
Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons
Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
A "no thank you" job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 3, 2016
If it wasn't for the people you work with and meet on the daily this job would be a complete nose-dive. You answer phones all day and handle billing.
Pros
commision
Cons
not worth the pay
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 13, 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
i have to do this
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 14, 2016
im not sure when but apparently to apply for a job now you have to rate other jobs that you have worked at. it donest make much sence to me on how this is relevent at all.
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Love working there
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NBJuly 11, 2016
your shift goes by so fast! and they pay pretty decent for working in New Brunswick too. I would recommend working there.
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 29, 2015
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
Very fun place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBMarch 2, 2016
Over all very fun place to work, a lot of room for advancement, the people I worked with became like family. On my 3 month anniversary I was promoted to trainer where I excelled, After 1 year and 1 month working there the company closed.
Pros
like family
Cons
not organized
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 2, 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSNovember 14, 2015
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Pros
No pros for working here.
Cons
Long hours, not enough support.
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days
say one and expect another
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 21, 2016
very interesting sales enviroment meet new people everyday. management had there favorites. my co worker were great and willing to help out
loved client and software
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 18, 2015
Most difficult was not having 2 consecutive days off together. Co-workers were excellent, enjoyed customers. Training was primarily self taught, but I enjoy challenge learning new skills. It was the most filthy physical environment; never have seen bedbugs but WHSCC had to investigate for fumigation of them
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 15, 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location