Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Work is full of challenges
Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  PhillipinesDecember 4, 2015
You get to speak to British people talk about their culture. offer products that are suitable for them by means of fact finding. you also handle handle escalation from customer complaints regarding our service or service that we provide
Great company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
I do enjoy working for Sykes Canada. There are amazing growth opportunities and lot's to learn if you desire to take advantage of the private college.
It is a truly equal opportunity company where everyone has the same opportunities open to them.
Pros
Job Security, Continued learning.
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work and learn
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 19, 2016
Come into work, check stock levels, make sure areas are cleaned that where supposed to be cleaned over night by the cleaner. Depending on the day, work on schedule for the next week(s), update stock to be ordered on a weekly basis. Was available throughout the shift to address any issues whether big or small. Looked after orders coming in for IT.
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Work from home
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 10, 2015
Nice to be able to work from a home office. Supportive peers to work with. Very flexible schedule. Hardest part of job is dealing with management in a virtual environment.
Working from home was comfortable and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kitchener, ontarioJuly 30, 2015
answering calls regarding wireless accounts, billing, sales, in depth assistance with all aspects of customers accounts.
Management was always helpful and available for any concerns or questions. Was able to chat online with co-workers at all times for experiences and help.
The hardest part of the job was selling to people who were calling in regarding high bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was every day was a different experience and most customers were absolutely wonderful to talk to
Pros
working from home
Cons
selling
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 27, 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Cons
garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
Ok Place to be employed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of providing technical support to clients for television and internet. Learned a lot about problem solving. Management could be fun but professional as well as coworker. The hardest part of the job would be upset clients but could be easily rectified with a possible solution.
Pros
prize giveaways
Cons
hours could change on a whim
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
Call Centre
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
the lost the contract to capital one small business so sadly we lost our jobs.. they did offer some people other jobs with in the company
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2015
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
Pleasant employees, constant work...
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 13, 2015
The main thing people should remember, Management included, is the people behind the phone (Customer Service Agents) are the true backbone of the Company and should be treated as such, but they are also still human beings and should also be treated thusly.
Work at Home pros/cons
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Work from home.October 9, 2015
Great company, excellent team to work with. Constant monitoring of your performance, but at times can be stressful.
Working from home is not what some people think, you do not have the freedom to stop and walk away from your desk when you want.
Calls can come in back to back or could be every so often so you have to be there to answer. The company knows if you don't answer.
Pros
no need to commute to work, no traffic, you can dress however you please.
Cons
No contact with anyone other then clients on phone or staff via chat line.
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days
Great starter job from home
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 31, 2015
Great for advancing if you have the drive.
Sometimes indecisive of courses of actions.
Minimal pay so you have to love what you do however no commuting or transportation expenses, clothing expense etc and no winter time outside.
Management great!
Cons
minimal pay
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Pros
help people
Productive and professional combined with fun
CSR, Supervisor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company as there was a high set of standards and work ethic to be met. It was also fun due to the incentives each team had to have a healthy inner competition for sales and customer service excellence.
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling
Cons
One bad week of stats and an agent could be fired.