Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
I would not work her
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  work at home24 August 2016
They say you get full hours however you dont you start off full then you fight for hours, the promoting within lies, they dont, also the benefits are sucky. They are solely not a company you want to work for, they are very non secure so there is no job security the rules change to fit there needs (if they want to give you trouble) or they completely forget to mention the rule changes but you still get in trouble for there mess ups they cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING and most of them are unapproachable and they dont like to listen to what you have to say. Miserable company!!!! LIERS!
Pros
NOTHING STEER CLEAR!
Cons
fight for hours
Inbound is fun but not outbound
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 September 2016
I loved it when i first started as i was doing inbound calls only so i was answering questions for clients already having services with us. Then it went to being inbound and outbound calls which meant outbound calls was me calling out to people asking them to start services with us which a problem that occurred was constantly calling the same peoples 3 times in a same week, asking the same thing so obviously they would get upset with us. At the end i was only doing outbound so it got even worst and found out i was pregnant after fainting on the floor at work so that's when my Dr wrote me off work. This company was very understanding with what i was going through in that period of time.
Pros
Very Fun, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Lots of studying, Short Lunches
Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
Sykes is an environment where there are a lot of the same people in the same situations dealing with relatively the same things. These are trained experts on how to not only deal with customer service interactions but how to deal with them benefiting yourself and the cx.
Pros
Freestyle Fridays
Cons
Too little care on some things
Decent Employer
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Home12 October 2016
A very legitimate employer, which treats their employees quite fair, they offer great support, coaching, feedback and the TL's all do their best to make sure that you perform well in order to keep your job. Free but mediocre benefits(can't complain). The payrate however.. is just barely acceptable.
Pros
Work from home, good support from TL's
Cons
meager pay rate
worst company to work for
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
this company is such a sham I am surprised they still operate in Canada. the pay is $.05 above min. wage, hours are inconsistent, they say they pay for tech issues but then refuse to for legitimate issues with THEIR equipment. the upper echelon of management are oblivious to what is going on with the lower management or the reps under them. overall I would say DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job is a con
Sykes home
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
While working with SYKES, the Management is definitely helpful with teaching and embracing the needs of those they are responsible for.

I've had a lot of positive experience working with SYKES Home.
Pros
Training and materials provided to learn the job are readily available
Cons
Hours at times would conflict with needs as at times will take most of the day
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MB7 August 2016
A typical day at work started with a five minute motivational meeting, then we were ready to take calls and help people. I learned techniques to sell and multitasking skills. The hardest part was to deal with angry or disrespectful customers, but the most enjoyable part was when i was able to help them and switch them to a good mood.
Pros
comission
Supportive team leaders
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 August 2016
Performed inbound customer service for mobile customers. The support staff provide useful methods for improving results and create a welcoming environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive environment created by coworkers and management.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Software can be slow due to its age
WOrk and Fun
Tagged - Content Moderator (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 July 2016
I start my day at work by checking the SLA of the queues that we will work on for the day. We also handles escalation and review accounts that is associated to fraud. Our manager reminds us of our daily duties and task with less supervision. Since we are all multi-tasking, we mixed fun with work.

There is no such things as easy job, we only gets better to what we do and that's what make things lighter at work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work. Lots of people here were interesting, and fun to hang out with. Even work hours were entertaining as between calls someone was always willing to chat or play some cards.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
Lay offs, sending home early
Fun and always upto date workplace
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
There was an opportunity hearing from different cultural people communicated not only for technical support of smart technology but also wanted to know about the cutting-edge technology. It's external and internal valued clients needed guaranteed help for innovative ground breaking techy issues on smart phone, numerous applications and associate devices/peripherals. Being an effective team member, their queries were actively listened either over phone, chat and even via email. By following the Company policy, strict regulations and awesome support methodology the requirements always effectively brought into the attention right way and delivered the brilliant support over any applicable means such as via phone, chat, email and logging into their pc or smart phone. The job was not about the perform the needed support for clients but also establish the rapport for overall Team and Growing Company.
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule
Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 May 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
Terrible
Rogers Loyalty Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I will never work here again. Working dealing with billing is terrible. You constantly are getting yelled at and mistreated, not worth it with the little they pay you
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours, mistreatment by customers
Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2016
When working for Sykes I was a CSR responsible for helping customers with technical problems whether it be phone internet or cable. I enjoyed this job but I enjoy retail better.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Sykes. The people are great, friendly and I made alot of friends very quickly. The only problem I had is that i have children and while they accommodated me and my children's schedules, its hard not to have any weekends off at all. I would definately return to work there should I need to and there was a change in how scheduling operated. I dont mind working on a weekend if I had to but not every weekend.
Pros
free lunches, lots of incentives, benefits after 6 months
Cons
unless you have seniority you dont get weekends off
it was ok
Billing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2016
day in day out taking calls from customers with billing issues. the management was great, and coworkers were amazing. hardest part was getting the customers to realize how there billing worked
Pros
diversity
Cons
yelled at a lot by customers
Terrible Experience
Health Care Connect (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Worked at Sykes for approximately one year. Absolutely no opportunities for career advancement, huge wage freeze with no opportunities for bonuses/raises/overtime, etc.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location