Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Definitely do not apply to work at this company.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
e.The management team and all divisions are out for themselves and do not back up their nurses. This is a micromanaged company in which the dollars are far more important than customer care or employee health/welfare. Worklife balance is not considered at this workplace and you are stigmatized if you have any disabilities.

Exceptionally non-flexible in their staffing and scheduling, at most times you have to book your time off almost a year in advance and this still does not guarantee you will have your vacation when you wanted.

Because you're out of active hands on nursing, if you work for this company for an extended period is extremely difficult to get work afterward due to being out of practice. And no matter how long you work for the company or the excellent reputation you may have there, they refused to supply you with any type of reference when you leave.

Very cutthroat between staff and management is constantly breathing down your back with little support or encouragement.

There is no union, so if there's an issue it's impossible to resolve, because as previously mentioned, the management are out for themselves and never answer questions presented to them. Often skirting the original question and never getting back with responses.

After 12 years working with this company I have seen it ruin many nurses.
Pros
Can possibly go work from home.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support for the nursing staff, negative atmosphere, poor wages, poorly treated staff with disabilities
Sykes is a great place to work
Information Technology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 February 2017
My experience at Sykes will always be a memorable one where I learned to be a solid Team Leader providing a fair and enjoyable place to work at.

The people at Sykes were like, are like family.
Fun Workplace
Data Entry/Check Verifier (Former Employee) –  Que2 February 2017
We do verify checks from bank of america and Jp Morgan chase and we need to hit our KSPH per month to get our monthly incentives... They had a clean work place and a very professional offices in Manila
Pros
incentives a month
Cons
hour
Sales and customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
Developed excellent sales and customer service skills. Worked as sales representative, ensuring the daily sales target is met. Very friendly culture. Enjoyed team meetings and on-going training.
Easy
Telemarketing sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2017
My average day was taking customer service calls from customers. Working for rogers was interesting because most customers we're calling in with issues and were distraught.
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
Great People, Job requires great enthusiasm and patience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 January 2017
Handle inbound calls, aiding customers with their troubles.
able to converse when busy time slow down, but can be stressful when things get busy. Must have patience for those challenging calls. Always read what the clients provide Sykes.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
Requires a lot of patience
Excellent company to work for/with.
Bilingual Legal Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2016
Great experience working for the company since my start. Relevant benefits and great culture.
Routine yet interesting work load
Learned the many facets of legal world through customer service and data entry
Management is highly educated and motivational
Challenges are rewarding in learning and applying various insurance policies and legal applications.
Enjoy the assistance provided to customers in their needs.
Pros
Flexible shift work, good camaraderie with employees
Cons
Routine tasks and duties
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2016
When working for Sykes I was a CSR responsible for helping customers with technical problems whether it be phone internet or cable. I enjoyed this job but I enjoy retail better.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Fun and always upto date workplace
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
There was an opportunity hearing from different cultural people communicated not only for technical support of smart technology but also wanted to know about the cutting-edge technology. It's external and internal valued clients needed guaranteed help for innovative ground breaking techy issues on smart phone, numerous applications and associate devices/peripherals. Being an effective team member, their queries were actively listened either over phone, chat and even via email. By following the Company policy, strict regulations and awesome support methodology the requirements always effectively brought into the attention right way and delivered the brilliant support over any applicable means such as via phone, chat, email and logging into their pc or smart phone. The job was not about the perform the needed support for clients but also establish the rapport for overall Team and Growing Company.
Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
Sykes is an environment where there are a lot of the same people in the same situations dealing with relatively the same things. These are trained experts on how to not only deal with customer service interactions but how to deal with them benefiting yourself and the cx.
Pros
Freestyle Fridays
Cons
Too little care on some things
Good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 November 2016
Great people to work with, Nice freindly and helpful. learn all new tech.. nice pay.. overtime.. bad wait time between calls. To much to do at once..
Pros
nice people
Cons
calls
Terrible
Rogers Loyalty Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I will never work here again. Working dealing with billing is terrible. You constantly are getting yelled at and mistreated, not worth it with the little they pay you
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours, mistreatment by customers
Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work. Lots of people here were interesting, and fun to hang out with. Even work hours were entertaining as between calls someone was always willing to chat or play some cards.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
Lay offs, sending home early
Decent Employer
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Home12 October 2016
A very legitimate employer, which treats their employees quite fair, they offer great support, coaching, feedback and the TL's all do their best to make sure that you perform well in order to keep your job. Free but mediocre benefits(can't complain). The payrate however.. is just barely acceptable.
Pros
Work from home, good support from TL's
Cons
meager pay rate
Terrible Experience
Health Care Connect (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Worked at Sykes for approximately one year. Absolutely no opportunities for career advancement, huge wage freeze with no opportunities for bonuses/raises/overtime, etc.
fkewfnwp
Chatr Mobile - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 September 2016
working for skyes enterprise was very demanding, people yelling/tormenting/threatening on the phone at you, you have to learn not to take it personal.
Inbound is fun but not outbound
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 September 2016
I loved it when i first started as i was doing inbound calls only so i was answering questions for clients already having services with us. Then it went to being inbound and outbound calls which meant outbound calls was me calling out to people asking them to start services with us which a problem that occurred was constantly calling the same peoples 3 times in a same week, asking the same thing so obviously they would get upset with us. At the end i was only doing outbound so it got even worst and found out i was pregnant after fainting on the floor at work so that's when my Dr wrote me off work. This company was very understanding with what i was going through in that period of time.
Pros
Very Fun, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Lots of studying, Short Lunches
very emloyee friendly and encouraging work environment
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Team leaders were very supportive and encouraging . Learnt a lot of new sales and billing techniques. Improved on my interpersonal skills and wireless troubleshooting methods.
Pros
work from home
Cons
uncertain work schedule

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location