Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Review

View all Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated reviews

Unique nursing style
Tele-Health RN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2012
A typical day included making and receiving 30-60 calls per 8/10hr shift. Lots of overtime due to low staffing levels. Leadership skills are a must as I am normally a resource nurse and preceptor while doing my tele-triaging shifts. I have staff coming and asking clinical questions, policy questions, IT questions. I make sure the centre runs when the management is either too busy or not present on site. I think the redundancy is the hardest part of the job but with the other roles this balances out nicely. I love teaching and being in charge and helping all the staff from education to manager to floor nurses and seeing a progression in the right direction.
Pros
good schedule flexibility, professional environment, supportive team members, assisting patients with making health care decisions and promoting empowerment and autonomy.
Cons
long shifts, redundant type calls, work alone at night with no security

Other Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work from Home12 December 2017
Sykes is a great place to work for but they should up the hourly wage, and training should be a little longer. Also more flexible shifts for those that cannot work evenings.
Working from home for Sykes is not a good idea.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
You have to buy all your own equipment, except for one cheap computer that they mail you. You must dedicate a whole room in your house to working for Sykes which wouldn't be that bad except there are no hours, they will give you about 10hrs per week, if you want more hours you must be willing to do "jump ons" which are unscheduled shifts with no notice, you must watch your emails for these jump on requests, then by the time you get all logged on and ready you will find that the shift has already been taken by someone faster!
Pros
work from home
Cons
no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.