Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL23 June 2017
This job was different from others I had. You have your own desk and computer and answer calls for Bell Aliant regarding their services. This job consisted of answering calls continuously and using computer programs to fix customers internet issues. This job is great if you don't mind sitting at a desk and talking to hundreds of people all day.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 June 2017
It is a toxic environment where the managers have an agenda. There is very little room for advancement, unless you have a personal relationship with management.
Professional and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2017
working for Sykes made work fun. We had teams and completed against other teams with our AHT (average handle time) or call qualities or with our customer service and we would decorate our team area etc it would give a very positive and enjoyable work environment
Pros
the training, knowledge provided, good management
Cons
job security
Management was supportive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 June 2017
Management was extremely supportive and helpful throughout the day.
Working with customers over the phone to solve any issues with bills, phones or account problems.
just not what i wanted
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 June 2017
its was a great job working from home but it is not what i was looking for in the it world is all the training is great they really helpful and very concerning of there staff
great to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 June 2017
lovely job, just not quite the job I was searching for. Very well managed, lots of incentives, and an overall easy job. Unfortunately a little too slow paced for my liking.
Productive and fun work place
Customer service representative/ virgin mobile (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 June 2017
Sykes was a great place to work with lots of diversity, Management was always courteous and enthusiastic I had the opportunity to meet and work with some wonderful people
good people, no advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2017
It's a good work environment but there is not much room for advancement or pay increase which makes it less of a career choice for me. I enjoyed my time but ultimately left to go back to school.
Pros
Great people, made lots of friends.
Cons
Very demanding mentally for very little pay.
Interesting place to work with a lot of advantage
Agente bilingue, Service (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC19 May 2017
Good place to work for customer service but this job does not fit to anyone. Good advantages and life with coworker is great. Managers available to help agents with question
Pros
lots of social activities
Cons
Having customer insulting you personally non stop can be hard psychologically
courteous staff reasonable pay
Tele-consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2017
nice place
nice people
it was just hard to sell they're products & services because their rate plans weren't very good compared to all the other competition
I love fixing customers problems.
Computer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 April 2017
I fix customers issues with electronic devices and computers. Best job on earth. I work with high speed internet customers and we ensure technology works for them instead of against them.
Pros
The work is great
Cons
A world of problems to fix always.
productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS28 March 2017
Days can be long as you spend the majority of your days sitting down. You have the potential to earn a good amount of extra money is bonuses based off sales.
Terrible - run away !!!!! nothing good here
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
Flexible hours? - baloney - shift lotteries every 3 months
Money? - horrible for tech knowledge needed.

This is a total numbers game. There are people watching your status on line and if you need the bathroom - look out !!!!. You are in trouble.

You are actually judged on how fast you can get a customer off the line. Now that's service!!!

Good workers get crushed with work - bad get coddled by upper managers.
Pros
Learn a new technology
Cons
Account Manager is a 20 year old baby
Great place, but some goals are unrealistic.
sales (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB/ Moncton, NB8 March 2017
Going into work, you take 10 minutes everyday of your own time to sign into your computer and all of your programs. The job itself was great, however the goals that needed to be reached were very unattainable. If you didn't perform on the phone to their specifications they will let you go (fire you). I loved the atmosphere, the co-workers were fantastic as well. They offered very good food at the cafeteria, a free gym, and pool tables and computers for break time.

Overall it was on okay employment, I left because when going to college they were not willing to work with me a better schedule.
Pros
Pool tables, good wages
Cons
unattainable stats to meet.
Worst Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2017
I Worked for Sykes for 2 years then their software stopped working on my pc and it went downhill from there. Before that the demands of the job were quite unreasonable. Absolutely no work/life balance and expectations were extremely high and criticism was rarely constructive.
Definitely do not apply to work at this company.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
e.The management team and all divisions are out for themselves and do not back up their nurses. This is a micromanaged company in which the dollars are far more important than customer care or employee health/welfare. Worklife balance is not considered at this workplace and you are stigmatized if you have any disabilities.

Exceptionally non-flexible in their staffing and scheduling, at most times you have to book your time off almost a year in advance and this still does not guarantee you will have your vacation when you wanted.

Because you're out of active hands on nursing, if you work for this company for an extended period is extremely difficult to get work afterward due to being out of practice. And no matter how long you work for the company or the excellent reputation you may have there, they refused to supply you with any type of reference when you leave.

Very cutthroat between staff and management is constantly breathing down your back with little support or encouragement.

There is no union, so if there's an issue it's impossible to resolve, because as previously mentioned, the management are out for themselves and never answer questions presented to them. Often skirting the original question and never getting back with responses.

After 12 years working with this company I have seen it ruin many nurses.
Pros
Can possibly go work from home.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support for the nursing staff, negative atmosphere, poor wages, poorly treated staff with disabilities
Sykes is a great place to work
Information Technology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 February 2017
My experience at Sykes will always be a memorable one where I learned to be a solid Team Leader providing a fair and enjoyable place to work at.

The people at Sykes were like, are like family.
Fun Workplace
Data Entry/Check Verifier (Former Employee) –  Que2 February 2017
We do verify checks from bank of america and Jp Morgan chase and we need to hit our KSPH per month to get our monthly incentives... They had a clean work place and a very professional offices in Manila
Pros
incentives a month
Cons
hour
Sales and customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
Developed excellent sales and customer service skills. Worked as sales representative, ensuring the daily sales target is met. Very friendly culture. Enjoyed team meetings and on-going training.
Easy
Telemarketing sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2017
My average day was taking customer service calls from customers. Working for rogers was interesting because most customers we're calling in with issues and were distraught.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location