Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

The champions of lies and deceptive tactics
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  canada11 August 2017
This company has been given contracts by Rogers to handle their customers' technical issue. This is what they do:

1- in one hand they preach respect in anther hand they harass you in the chatroom to finish the call in 5 to 10 mn. they don't care if you fix the customer's issue they care about getting rid of them as soon as possible, they can show those stats to rogers and get rewarded with more contract hours. basically this info is provided to us in the training.

2- in one hand they preach respect in another hand they put people in the training who are very good in disrespect. They have indecent communication skills, offensive language and last not least lacking technical and personal skills, if you ask question he answers you angrily. Many of us reported the issues we had with that so called trainer and asked to change class, they ignore you.

3- we started over 20 persons and many left in the middle of the training because of the dictators they put to train people. what matters to them how much money they get from Rogers. they don't care about their employees, nor they care about Rogers' customers, they care about how much they fill the company's pocket.

4- They make you load your tools prior to the start of the shift and too bad you won't get paid for 20 mn you spend loading the work tools every day, and when their system is down you will spend about an hour trying to load the tools.

5- they make you believe their work from home option will allow you to balance life/work. wrong, you end up worst balance life/work because they set your schedule and keep changing
  more... it every single day and you have to check your schedule every night.

6- they present they have happy employees while you find out many employees take sick leave. why they got sick the way they have treated as second class humans.

The list goes on.....

Advises to CEO: stop telling lies to people, be honest at least people know what to expect.
Pros
make you believe balance/life
Cons
list is too long to list in this small field
Serious work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2017
Very rewarding environment if one applies oneself to fulfill client's expectations. Demanding targets which I found are achievable. Interesting work place which changes constantly. Environment meets constant upgrade of media demands. Good training with assistance from support staff. Constant encouragement from management.
Pros
Very nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 August 2017
you listen to people complain about there bills and services.
place ordered of new services and devices. People are amazing. Compensation not worth the stress. TMs are pretty cool. company closing in Peterborough
N/a
Work From Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
I have no comment. I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say do not say anything at all.The way that this place runs makes me feel bad that they Represent Rogers.. I have nothing but good things to say about Rogers, except.. this company choice to be third party was terrible. All I wanted was a second chance to work here. Clearly honestly is NOT the best policy .. To them!
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CSP3 August 2017
Good benefits and schedule. Shifts went longer than would have liked. Good training and leadership. Great to work at home. I enjoyed that very much. This is why I stayed
its a ok job
Care agent (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB28 July 2017
the management is really poor they don't appreciateyour hard work at all if i could give a 0 i would but other that the people that work there is great
Actually a fantastic position
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2017
this job was actually amazing, despite all the hard times and lack of common sense from certain parties the job was fun and challenging, the team learned something new on a daily basis. Job only ended due to budgeting and outsourcing of job to Phillipines.
Pros
everything
Cons
occasional poor management choice
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB15 July 2017
sykes is a good job for people who likes to be on the phone and help people with problemes, its a job where positivitie is needed to help you and your co-worcker
sykes technical support wizards
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  cornerbrook12 July 2017
It was a very straightforward job, get into work and sit in your chair providing customer service for people with technical problems with their internet , tv and phone for bell alliant. I learned a lot of programs to help assist the customers with their services, also how to clm people down when their service isnt working and try to get them an appointment with a tech asap if required or help them solve the problem step by step. The people who worked for the company were quite friendly as well as the managers in charge. I didn't find the job too difficult, the software that the techs were using wasn't the greatest and was a little frustrating at times. The best part of the job is obviously the paycheck, and I have always worked hard for my money.
Too few hours
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 July 2017
Working at Sykes is great if you don't depend on it to pay hours as the work drops drastically during summer.
management isn't too bad.
environment is slightly difficult by being near parking garage and under movie theater.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Lack of hours.
not great
Health Services and Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
over worked and under paid, employees worked to the point of mental break downs and medical leaves and not appreciated for everything they do for the company
Colorful and Music
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB6 July 2017
Great place to work for starter jobs or laid back people. I personally am a laid back person so it's a great job for me, however the only thing keeping me from leaving is the music in the background and friends by my side.
Pros
Treat days and making friends
Cons
Exhausting
not to bad, but still a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 July 2017
depending on the site you work at, the general atmosphere change. if you do your job well and you make sure your performance statistic are as up as they can be, you can apply for more positions easily.
Sherbrooke site was a good one.
Peterborough site was similar to working in a prison.
Pros
benfits
Cons
no window
Industrial environment with minimal pay and friendly staff
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC3 July 2017
Go in to call floor, clean your station, log in to phone and network computer and start taking calls. Management is on site to help you whenever you need it. The culture focuses on benefits and event.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL23 June 2017
This job was different from others I had. You have your own desk and computer and answer calls for Bell Aliant regarding their services. This job consisted of answering calls continuously and using computer programs to fix customers internet issues. This job is great if you don't mind sitting at a desk and talking to hundreds of people all day.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 June 2017
It is a toxic environment where the managers have an agenda. There is very little room for advancement, unless you have a personal relationship with management.
Professional and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2017
working for Sykes made work fun. We had teams and completed against other teams with our AHT (average handle time) or call qualities or with our customer service and we would decorate our team area etc it would give a very positive and enjoyable work environment
Pros
the training, knowledge provided, good management
Cons
job security
Management was supportive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 June 2017
Management was extremely supportive and helpful throughout the day.
Working with customers over the phone to solve any issues with bills, phones or account problems.
just not what i wanted
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 June 2017
its was a great job working from home but it is not what i was looking for in the it world is all the training is great they really helpful and very concerning of there staff
great to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 June 2017
lovely job, just not quite the job I was searching for. Very well managed, lots of incentives, and an overall easy job. Unfortunately a little too slow paced for my liking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval