Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB13 October 2017
It was shut down in Riverview mall . Not the worst place to work, and had a cute little store beside it too for food etc and the fox too. I liked it better than my current though
Pros
Great people there
Cons
Unsanitary
Csr
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 October 2017
My typical day was to do better than yesterday. I learned many things about the product and about upselling. Management was awesome. I enjoyed that it was diverse in culture. Hardest part was when I left the job because I really enjoyed being there.
Pleasing people, weather they deserve it or not.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC5 October 2017
Client services at their most intense. When it's not really about the clients on the phone, it's about the clients who are paying the bill. A balancing act that just needs to get done.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
terrible work life balance
Prouductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
Busy, fast- paced environment
I learned a lot about the cell phone industry and policies
the workplace culture was very inclusive and appropriate amongst the staff
Pros
breaks
Cons
friendships
Sykes
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
The people who worked here were great, go to be first line for Rogers in customer service. The training was a great experience and the people who work there are great.
Pros
free lunches some days
Cons
long hours, poor management
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB28 September 2017
Only had really one issue and it was feeling as though your job is always under a microscope and possibly may be gone the next day But i enjoyed the people very much
Telehealth is cool, but not worth the pay wage.
Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 September 2017
The stress outweighs the salary. I find myself experiencing panic attacks because of the high call volumes, the very loud environment and callers who are very rude. The monetary compensation falls very short for the amount of work that is expected. Management proves to be a cut throat environment, unable to trust the TL's and the Senior TL's.
Pros
Telehealth and Legal Services are interesting
Cons
too much stress, very high call volume
Complex and unreliable systems, very poor pay.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Home/field based15 September 2017
Pros:
Decent (minimum wage) training.

Cons:
Very stressful. "Skills" acquired are mostly non-transferable, as they pertain only to the idiosyncratic (and quite unreliable) systems used by the Sykes client. Complex systems to memorize, very poor pay. No benefits for 6 months. As mentioned in other reviews here, you are pressured to get the customer off the line in as little time as possible. I hated this job.
Ok Customer Service Job, just not for me
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Conn, ON12 September 2017
I worked for Sykes before going on maternity leave, the job was ok, but somewhat stressful if calls dropped. I spent a lot of time with technical support on problems that, I believe, were not due to me, my equipment, or my internet connection. Other than that, job was pretty straight forward. Pay was ok, slightly higher than regular minimum wage(minimum wage for at home workers). The main reason I left is, when I was coming off of maternity leave, I had little to no communication as to what was happening when I returned to work. I tried to contact them three months before I was due back and could get no information. I was told that my hours were not necessarily going to be the same and I had no information about that until less than a week before I was due back. Very disorganized and stressful.
Pros
Work from home, no commute, maximum 12 hrs shift window
Cons
Stressful environment, Working with irate, sometimes inappropriate customers, disorganized human resources
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 September 2017
Sykes is a great place to work with many amazing people and opportunity's. Everyone takes there job seriously and makes sure to give the customer the best help and experience they can.
Great Workplace
CSR Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2017
The company was great to work for. They had training that was appropriate and paid. There was benefits available if you completed the required time. I personally didn't fit in with this job because it required a noise free environment and i recently had a baby.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need noise free environment
it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB31 August 2017
not for everyone . i dont have much to say about this job it wasnt for me . i dont like working at a call. too many expectation on goals and not realistic time frames
informative
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2017
worked with customers over the phone providing phone and internet service. I learned several aspects of the business including providing courteous service over the phone.
challenging
Customer service/sales rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 August 2017
back to back incoming calls
people skills and patience a must
defined but ever-changing goals
a lot of verbal abuse
steady work and great co-workers
The champions of lies and deceptive tactics
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  canada11 August 2017
This company has been given contracts by Rogers to handle their customers' technical issue. This is what they do:

1- in one hand they preach respect in anther hand they harass you in the chatroom to finish the call in 5 to 10 mn. they don't care if you fix the customer's issue they care about getting rid of them as soon as possible, they can show those stats to rogers and get rewarded with more contract hours. basically this info is provided to us in the training.

2- in one hand they preach respect in another hand they put people in the training who are very good in disrespect. They have indecent communication skills, offensive language and last not least lacking technical and personal skills, if you ask question he answers you angrily. Many of us reported the issues we had with that so called trainer and asked to change class, they ignore you.

3- we started over 20 persons and many left in the middle of the training because of the dictators they put to train people. what matters to them how much money they get from Rogers. they don't care about their employees, nor they care about Rogers' customers, they care about how much they fill the company's pocket.

4- They make you load your tools prior to the start of the shift and too bad you won't get paid for 20 mn you spend loading the work tools every day, and when their system is down you will spend about an hour trying to load the tools.

5- they make you believe their work from home option will allow you to balance life/work. wrong, you end up worst balance life/work because they set your schedule and keep changing
  more... it every single day and you have to check your schedule every night.

6- they present they have happy employees while you find out many employees take sick leave. why they got sick the way they have treated as second class humans.

The list goes on.....

Advises to CEO: stop telling lies to people, be honest at least people know what to expect.
Pros
make you believe balance/life
Cons
list is too long to list in this small field
Serious work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2017
Very rewarding environment if one applies oneself to fulfill client's expectations. Demanding targets which I found are achievable. Interesting work place which changes constantly. Environment meets constant upgrade of media demands. Good training with assistance from support staff. Constant encouragement from management.
Pros
Very nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 August 2017
you listen to people complain about there bills and services.
place ordered of new services and devices. People are amazing. Compensation not worth the stress. TMs are pretty cool. company closing in Peterborough
N/a
Work From Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
I have no comment. I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say do not say anything at all.The way that this place runs makes me feel bad that they Represent Rogers.. I have nothing but good things to say about Rogers, except.. this company choice to be third party was terrible. All I wanted was a second chance to work here. Clearly honestly is NOT the best policy .. To them!
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CSP3 August 2017
Good benefits and schedule. Shifts went longer than would have liked. Good training and leadership. Great to work at home. I enjoyed that very much. This is why I stayed
its a ok job
Care agent (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB28 July 2017
the management is really poor they don't appreciateyour hard work at all if i could give a 0 i would but other that the people that work there is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.