Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

I would not work her
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  work at home24 August 2016
They say you get full hours however you dont you start off full then you fight for hours, the promoting within lies, they dont, also the benefits are sucky. They are solely not a company you want to work for, they are very non secure so there is no job security the rules change to fit there needs (if they want to give you trouble) or they completely forget to mention the rule changes but you still get in trouble for there mess ups they cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING and most of them are unapproachable and they dont like to listen to what you have to say. Miserable company!!!! LIERS!
Pros
NOTHING STEER CLEAR!
Cons
fight for hours
Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
Decent Employer
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Home12 October 2016
A very legitimate employer, which treats their employees quite fair, they offer great support, coaching, feedback and the TL's all do their best to make sure that you perform well in order to keep your job. Free but mediocre benefits(can't complain). The payrate however.. is just barely acceptable.
Pros
Work from home, good support from TL's
Cons
meager pay rate
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work. Lots of people here were interesting, and fun to hang out with. Even work hours were entertaining as between calls someone was always willing to chat or play some cards.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
Lay offs, sending home early
Terrible Experience
Health Care Connect (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Worked at Sykes for approximately one year. Absolutely no opportunities for career advancement, huge wage freeze with no opportunities for bonuses/raises/overtime, etc.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Sykes. The people are great, friendly and I made alot of friends very quickly. The only problem I had is that i have children and while they accommodated me and my children's schedules, its hard not to have any weekends off at all. I would definately return to work there should I need to and there was a change in how scheduling operated. I dont mind working on a weekend if I had to but not every weekend.
Pros
free lunches, lots of incentives, benefits after 6 months
Cons
unless you have seniority you dont get weekends off
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 May 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
Not what I hoped for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 October 2015
I left a full-time hospital position to work for Sykes' Telehealth division. The thought of working fewer nights and weekends was appealing from a work-life balance perspective, as well as working 10 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts. Mediocre benefits package.

Management was fair to all employees. Performance reviews held monthly, goal setting for improving practice was part of the job. Communication between management and staff was good to very good, with staff meetings held regularly. Option to call in to the meeting from home (and get paid) if not working that day.

Expectations from management included average call time of 13-14 minutes to assess patients and provide care advice. Breaks and lunches are scheduled, deviations (due to calls going into break time) had to be approved.

Had I been aware of the volume of calls involving male 'problems' (I am deadly serious) prior to joining this company, I would have reconsidered working there.
Pros
Good team
Cons
High volume of inappropriate callers; constant monitoring
Fun and always upto date workplace
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
There was an opportunity hearing from different cultural people communicated not only for technical support of smart technology but also wanted to know about the cutting-edge technology. It's external and internal valued clients needed guaranteed help for innovative ground breaking techy issues on smart phone, numerous applications and associate devices/peripherals. Being an effective team member, their queries were actively listened either over phone, chat and even via email. By following the Company policy, strict regulations and awesome support methodology the requirements always effectively brought into the attention right way and delivered the brilliant support over any applicable means such as via phone, chat, email and logging into their pc or smart phone. The job was not about the perform the needed support for clients but also establish the rapport for overall Team and Growing Company.
Inbound is fun but not outbound
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 September 2016
I loved it when i first started as i was doing inbound calls only so i was answering questions for clients already having services with us. Then it went to being inbound and outbound calls which meant outbound calls was me calling out to people asking them to start services with us which a problem that occurred was constantly calling the same peoples 3 times in a same week, asking the same thing so obviously they would get upset with us. At the end i was only doing outbound so it got even worst and found out i was pregnant after fainting on the floor at work so that's when my Dr wrote me off work. This company was very understanding with what i was going through in that period of time.
Pros
Very Fun, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Lots of studying, Short Lunches
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 November 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
Long hours but opportunity to make good income
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 September 2015
This work at home job is not for everyone. At the time I worked there I found the hours long and the pressure to sell high. If you are looking for lots of hours with some benefits then you will appreciate this company. Especially if you enjoy the challenge of up selling. The commission for selling plans and products was good, so there is the opportunity to make a decent income. Working from home can be lonely so if you like interacting with people on the job then you won't enjoy this work.
Pros
Working from home. No weather worries. No worries about clothing.
Cons
Long hours. Pressure to up sell.
Terrible
Rogers Loyalty Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I will never work here again. Working dealing with billing is terrible. You constantly are getting yelled at and mistreated, not worth it with the little they pay you
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours, mistreatment by customers
Sykes home
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
While working with SYKES, the Management is definitely helpful with teaching and embracing the needs of those they are responsible for.

I've had a lot of positive experience working with SYKES Home.
Pros
Training and materials provided to learn the job are readily available
Cons
Hours at times would conflict with needs as at times will take most of the day
worst company to work for
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
this company is such a sham I am surprised they still operate in Canada. the pay is $.05 above min. wage, hours are inconsistent, they say they pay for tech issues but then refuse to for legitimate issues with THEIR equipment. the upper echelon of management are oblivious to what is going on with the lower management or the reps under them. overall I would say DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job is a con
Supportive team leaders
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 August 2016
Performed inbound customer service for mobile customers. The support staff provide useful methods for improving results and create a welcoming environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive environment created by coworkers and management.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Software can be slow due to its age
Sales Rep/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB4 April 2016
This company treats the agents fairly on a daily basis and work around your schedule. I truly enjoyed working there for 7 yearsl. I would like to get back into the customer service work.
Pros
We had free lunches while working in the worse storms.
Cons
We did work long hours but with good pay and great thanks from management
Awsome Envronment
Outbound customer service/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB18 January 2016
Good company to work for, Excellent benefits, Bonus , and other incentives involved. Must be able o deal with high levels of stress,
Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
Sykes is an environment where there are a lot of the same people in the same situations dealing with relatively the same things. These are trained experts on how to not only deal with customer service interactions but how to deal with them benefiting yourself and the cx.
Pros
Freestyle Fridays
Cons
Too little care on some things

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location