Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB15 July 2017
sykes is a good job for people who likes to be on the phone and help people with problemes, its a job where positivitie is needed to help you and your co-worcker
sykes technical support wizards
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  cornerbrook12 July 2017
It was a very straightforward job, get into work and sit in your chair providing customer service for people with technical problems with their internet , tv and phone for bell alliant. I learned a lot of programs to help assist the customers with their services, also how to clm people down when their service isnt working and try to get them an appointment with a tech asap if required or help them solve the problem step by step. The people who worked for the company were quite friendly as well as the managers in charge. I didn't find the job too difficult, the software that the techs were using wasn't the greatest and was a little frustrating at times. The best part of the job is obviously the paycheck, and I have always worked hard for my money.
Too few hours
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 July 2017
Working at Sykes is great if you don't depend on it to pay hours as the work drops drastically during summer.
management isn't too bad.
environment is slightly difficult by being near parking garage and under movie theater.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Lack of hours.
not great
Health Services and Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
over worked and under paid, employees worked to the point of mental break downs and medical leaves and not appreciated for everything they do for the company
Colorful and Music
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB6 July 2017
Great place to work for starter jobs or laid back people. I personally am a laid back person so it's a great job for me, however the only thing keeping me from leaving is the music in the background and friends by my side.
Pros
Treat days and making friends
Cons
Exhausting
not to bad, but still a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 July 2017
depending on the site you work at, the general atmosphere change. if you do your job well and you make sure your performance statistic are as up as they can be, you can apply for more positions easily.
Sherbrooke site was a good one.
Peterborough site was similar to working in a prison.
Pros
benfits
Cons
no window
Industrial environment with minimal pay and friendly staff
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC3 July 2017
Go in to call floor, clean your station, log in to phone and network computer and start taking calls. Management is on site to help you whenever you need it. The culture focuses on benefits and event.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL23 June 2017
This job was different from others I had. You have your own desk and computer and answer calls for Bell Aliant regarding their services. This job consisted of answering calls continuously and using computer programs to fix customers internet issues. This job is great if you don't mind sitting at a desk and talking to hundreds of people all day.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 June 2017
It is a toxic environment where the managers have an agenda. There is very little room for advancement, unless you have a personal relationship with management.
Professional and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2017
working for Sykes made work fun. We had teams and completed against other teams with our AHT (average handle time) or call qualities or with our customer service and we would decorate our team area etc it would give a very positive and enjoyable work environment
Pros
the training, knowledge provided, good management
Cons
job security
Management was supportive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 June 2017
Management was extremely supportive and helpful throughout the day.
Working with customers over the phone to solve any issues with bills, phones or account problems.
just not what i wanted
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 June 2017
its was a great job working from home but it is not what i was looking for in the it world is all the training is great they really helpful and very concerning of there staff
great to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 June 2017
lovely job, just not quite the job I was searching for. Very well managed, lots of incentives, and an overall easy job. Unfortunately a little too slow paced for my liking.
Productive and fun work place
Customer service representative/ virgin mobile (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 June 2017
Sykes was a great place to work with lots of diversity, Management was always courteous and enthusiastic I had the opportunity to meet and work with some wonderful people
good people, no advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2017
It's a good work environment but there is not much room for advancement or pay increase which makes it less of a career choice for me. I enjoyed my time but ultimately left to go back to school.
Pros
Great people, made lots of friends.
Cons
Very demanding mentally for very little pay.
Interesting place to work with a lot of advantage
Agente bilingue, Service (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC19 May 2017
Good place to work for customer service but this job does not fit to anyone. Good advantages and life with coworker is great. Managers available to help agents with question
Pros
lots of social activities
Cons
Having customer insulting you personally non stop can be hard psychologically
courteous staff reasonable pay
Tele-consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2017
nice place
nice people
it was just hard to sell they're products & services because their rate plans weren't very good compared to all the other competition
I love fixing customers problems.
Computer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 April 2017
I fix customers issues with electronic devices and computers. Best job on earth. I work with high speed internet customers and we ensure technology works for them instead of against them.
Pros
The work is great
Cons
A world of problems to fix always.
productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS28 March 2017
Days can be long as you spend the majority of your days sitting down. You have the potential to earn a good amount of extra money is bonuses based off sales.
Terrible - run away !!!!! nothing good here
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
Flexible hours? - baloney - shift lotteries every 3 months
Money? - horrible for tech knowledge needed.

This is a total numbers game. There are people watching your status on line and if you need the bathroom - look out !!!!. You are in trouble.

You are actually judged on how fast you can get a customer off the line. Now that's service!!!

Good workers get crushed with work - bad get coddled by upper managers.
Pros
Learn a new technology
Cons
Account Manager is a 20 year old baby

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location