Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for/with.
Bilingual Legal Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2016
Great experience working for the company since my start. Relevant benefits and great culture.
Routine yet interesting work load
Learned the many facets of legal world through customer service and data entry
Management is highly educated and motivational
Challenges are rewarding in learning and applying various insurance policies and legal applications.
Enjoy the assistance provided to customers in their needs.
Pros
Flexible shift work, good camaraderie with employees
Cons
Routine tasks and duties
I would not work her
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  work at home24 August 2016
They say you get full hours however you dont you start off full then you fight for hours, the promoting within lies, they dont, also the benefits are sucky. They are solely not a company you want to work for, they are very non secure so there is no job security the rules change to fit there needs (if they want to give you trouble) or they completely forget to mention the rule changes but you still get in trouble for there mess ups they cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING and most of them are unapproachable and they dont like to listen to what you have to say. Miserable company!!!! LIERS!
Pros
NOTHING STEER CLEAR!
Cons
fight for hours
Great People, Job requires great enthusiasm and patience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 January 2017
Handle inbound calls, aiding customers with their troubles.
able to converse when busy time slow down, but can be stressful when things get busy. Must have patience for those challenging calls. Always read what the clients provide Sykes.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
Requires a lot of patience
Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
Decent Employer
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Home12 October 2016
A very legitimate employer, which treats their employees quite fair, they offer great support, coaching, feedback and the TL's all do their best to make sure that you perform well in order to keep your job. Free but mediocre benefits(can't complain). The payrate however.. is just barely acceptable.
Pros
Work from home, good support from TL's
Cons
meager pay rate
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work. Lots of people here were interesting, and fun to hang out with. Even work hours were entertaining as between calls someone was always willing to chat or play some cards.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
Lay offs, sending home early
Terrible Experience
Health Care Connect (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Worked at Sykes for approximately one year. Absolutely no opportunities for career advancement, huge wage freeze with no opportunities for bonuses/raises/overtime, etc.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Sykes. The people are great, friendly and I made alot of friends very quickly. The only problem I had is that i have children and while they accommodated me and my children's schedules, its hard not to have any weekends off at all. I would definately return to work there should I need to and there was a change in how scheduling operated. I dont mind working on a weekend if I had to but not every weekend.
Pros
free lunches, lots of incentives, benefits after 6 months
Cons
unless you have seniority you dont get weekends off
Worst Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2017
I Worked for Sykes for 2 years then their software stopped working on my pc and it went downhill from there. Before that the demands of the job were quite unreasonable. Absolutely no work/life balance and expectations were extremely high and criticism was rarely constructive.
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 May 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
Fun and always upto date workplace
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
There was an opportunity hearing from different cultural people communicated not only for technical support of smart technology but also wanted to know about the cutting-edge technology. It's external and internal valued clients needed guaranteed help for innovative ground breaking techy issues on smart phone, numerous applications and associate devices/peripherals. Being an effective team member, their queries were actively listened either over phone, chat and even via email. By following the Company policy, strict regulations and awesome support methodology the requirements always effectively brought into the attention right way and delivered the brilliant support over any applicable means such as via phone, chat, email and logging into their pc or smart phone. The job was not about the perform the needed support for clients but also establish the rapport for overall Team and Growing Company.
Terrible
Rogers Loyalty Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I will never work here again. Working dealing with billing is terrible. You constantly are getting yelled at and mistreated, not worth it with the little they pay you
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours, mistreatment by customers
Not what I hoped for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 October 2015
I left a full-time hospital position to work for Sykes' Telehealth division. The thought of working fewer nights and weekends was appealing from a work-life balance perspective, as well as working 10 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts. Mediocre benefits package.

Management was fair to all employees. Performance reviews held monthly, goal setting for improving practice was part of the job. Communication between management and staff was good to very good, with staff meetings held regularly. Option to call in to the meeting from home (and get paid) if not working that day.

Expectations from management included average call time of 13-14 minutes to assess patients and provide care advice. Breaks and lunches are scheduled, deviations (due to calls going into break time) had to be approved.

Had I been aware of the volume of calls involving male 'problems' (I am deadly serious) prior to joining this company, I would have reconsidered working there.
Pros
Good team
Cons
High volume of inappropriate callers; constant monitoring
Inbound is fun but not outbound
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 September 2016
I loved it when i first started as i was doing inbound calls only so i was answering questions for clients already having services with us. Then it went to being inbound and outbound calls which meant outbound calls was me calling out to people asking them to start services with us which a problem that occurred was constantly calling the same peoples 3 times in a same week, asking the same thing so obviously they would get upset with us. At the end i was only doing outbound so it got even worst and found out i was pregnant after fainting on the floor at work so that's when my Dr wrote me off work. This company was very understanding with what i was going through in that period of time.
Pros
Very Fun, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Lots of studying, Short Lunches
Sales and customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
Developed excellent sales and customer service skills. Worked as sales representative, ensuring the daily sales target is met. Very friendly culture. Enjoyed team meetings and on-going training.
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
Definitely do not apply to work at this company.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
e.The management team and all divisions are out for themselves and do not back up their nurses. This is a micromanaged company in which the dollars are far more important than customer care or employee health/welfare. Worklife balance is not considered at this workplace and you are stigmatized if you have any disabilities.

Exceptionally non-flexible in their staffing and scheduling, at most times you have to book your time off almost a year in advance and this still does not guarantee you will have your vacation when you wanted.

Because you're out of active hands on nursing, if you work for this company for an extended period is extremely difficult to get work afterward due to being out of practice. And no matter how long you work for the company or the excellent reputation you may have there, they refused to supply you with any type of reference when you leave.

Very cutthroat between staff and management is constantly breathing down your back with little support or encouragement.

There is no union, so if there's an issue it's impossible to resolve, because as previously mentioned, the management are out for themselves and never answer questions presented to them. Often skirting the original question and never getting back with responses.

After 12 years working with this company I have seen it ruin many nurses.
Pros
Can possibly go work from home.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support for the nursing staff, negative atmosphere, poor wages, poorly treated staff with disabilities
Long hours but opportunity to make good income
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 September 2015
This work at home job is not for everyone. At the time I worked there I found the hours long and the pressure to sell high. If you are looking for lots of hours with some benefits then you will appreciate this company. Especially if you enjoy the challenge of up selling. The commission for selling plans and products was good, so there is the opportunity to make a decent income. Working from home can be lonely so if you like interacting with people on the job then you won't enjoy this work.
Pros
Working from home. No weather worries. No worries about clothing.
Cons
Long hours. Pressure to up sell.
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 November 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2016
Sykes is an environment where there are a lot of the same people in the same situations dealing with relatively the same things. These are trained experts on how to not only deal with customer service interactions but how to deal with them benefiting yourself and the cx.
Pros
Freestyle Fridays
Cons
Too little care on some things

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location