Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Bogus
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 16, 2016
You try to book your vacation and they want 3 months notice... I gave them above and beyond that and they conveniently forgot. Imagine telling your bride you won't be at your wedding because your place of employment won't give you the day off. Then after that I had a death in the family and I got bereavement leave for an immediate family member but they WONT pay you for it. Another draw back is they play favourites and your two days off are NEVER consecutive.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Sykes. The people are great, friendly and I made alot of friends very quickly. The only problem I had is that i have children and while they accommodated me and my children's schedules, its hard not to have any weekends off at all. I would definately return to work there should I need to and there was a change in how scheduling operated. I dont mind working on a weekend if I had to but not every weekend.
Pros
free lunches, lots of incentives, benefits after 6 months
Cons
unless you have seniority you dont get weekends off
Monotonous
Operational analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 28, 2016
Answer phones and providing reports

Customer services skills and Microsoft office

Management were difficult and not easy to deal with

Co-workers were great people like one big family

Hardest part was dealing with upper management

Most enjoyable people I worked with made a lot of close friends
Pros
Consistent work schedule, co-works
Cons
Type of work, upper management difficulties, monotonous tasks, lack of stimulus, poor moral
Great atmosphere with co-workers
Health Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 4, 2016
A typical day at Sykes is as follows: You log into your systems and then you start taking calls, some are for this program, others are for that program, you send the files whee they need to go and then go back on "available" and wait for your next call, which, depending on the day. can be a long wait.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Some clients are very hard to deal with
Friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Sykes is a call center so a typical day was spent on a computer and answer calls from customers regarding their cell phones and cell phone plans. At sykes I learned better computer skills and stronger customer service skills. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was helping customers who were frustrated with their cell phones and cell phone bills. Most enjoyable was the games and contest that promoted making sales to customers.
Pros
Contests and prizes
Cons
Frustrated customers
Fun place to work and learn
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 19, 2016
Come into work, check stock levels, make sure areas are cleaned that where supposed to be cleaned over night by the cleaner. Depending on the day, work on schedule for the next week(s), update stock to be ordered on a weekly basis. Was available throughout the shift to address any issues whether big or small. Looked after orders coming in for IT.
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONJanuary 30, 2016
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Pros
Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons
Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
Sales Rep/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBApril 4, 2016
This company treats the agents fairly on a daily basis and work around your schedule. I truly enjoyed working there for 7 yearsl. I would like to get back into the customer service work.
Pros
We had free lunches while working in the worse storms.
Cons
We did work long hours but with good pay and great thanks from management
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 29, 2015
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
See Below
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 27, 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
Pros
Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
Very fun place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBMarch 2, 2016
Over all very fun place to work, a lot of room for advancement, the people I worked with became like family. On my 3 month anniversary I was promoted to trainer where I excelled, After 1 year and 1 month working there the company closed.
Pros
like family
Cons
not organized
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSNovember 14, 2015
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Pros
No pros for working here.
Cons
Long hours, not enough support.
Very nice place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 13, 2016
Staff and management were always pleasant, the training you receive is excellent aswell are the benefits of working with a strong corporation.
Pros
Health/ dental/ life insurance, advancement, great pay.
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
loved client and software
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 18, 2015
Most difficult was not having 2 consecutive days off together. Co-workers were excellent, enjoyed customers. Training was primarily self taught, but I enjoy challenge learning new skills. It was the most filthy physical environment; never have seen bedbugs but WHSCC had to investigate for fumigation of them
Work at Home pros/cons
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Work from home.October 9, 2015
Great company, excellent team to work with. Constant monitoring of your performance, but at times can be stressful.
Working from home is not what some people think, you do not have the freedom to stop and walk away from your desk when you want.
Calls can come in back to back or could be every so often so you have to be there to answer. The company knows if you don't answer.
Pros
no need to commute to work, no traffic, you can dress however you please.
Cons
No contact with anyone other then clients on phone or staff via chat line.