SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

1.3K reviews

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Contests and prizes
Cons: Frustrated customers
Sykes is a call center so a typical day was spent on a computer and answer calls from customers regarding their cell phones and cell phone plans. At sykes I learned better computer skills and stronger customer service skills. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was helping customers who were frustrated with their cell phones and cell phone bills. Most enjoyable was the games and contest that promoted making sales to customers.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: help people
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons: Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Productive day with helping customers with what they called in for. Co-workers I work with are amazing and friendly. Management is a good team
Awsome Envronment
Outbound customer service/sales associate (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJanuary 18, 2016
Good company to work for, Excellent benefits, Bonus , and other incentives involved. Must be able o deal with high levels of stress,
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 15, 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.
Easy money if you don't mind the stress.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Understanding coworkers who are all in the same boat.
At first the job was great, at least as much as you can expect if you're uneducated and looking for full time with benefits. The management was wonderful two years ago when I first started, but over the time it has just sort of slipped. Everybody is sort of sick of there job at Sykes and the work is showing the attitude of the center. I can't wait to move along to a more positive work environment.
loved client and software
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 18, 2015
Most difficult was not having 2 consecutive days off together. Co-workers were excellent, enjoyed customers. Training was primarily self taught, but I enjoy challenge learning new skills. It was the most filthy physical environment; never have seen bedbugs but WHSCC had to investigate for fumigation of them
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sydney, NSNovember 14, 2015
Pros: No pros for working here.
Cons: Long hours, not enough support.
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Productive place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 25, 2015
Pros: great wages
Cons: being lazy
It was a productive place, and some of the people there were good, but I didn't like that they let some people get away with anything jst because they are good at selling or they were just afraid to loose people
Work at Home pros/cons
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Work from home.October 9, 2015
Pros: no need to commute to work, no traffic, you can dress however you please.
Cons: No contact with anyone other then clients on phone or staff via chat line.
Great company, excellent team to work with. Constant monitoring of your performance, but at times can be stressful.
Working from home is not what some people think, you do not have the freedom to stop and walk away from your desk when you want.
Calls can come in back to back or could be every so often so you have to be there to answer. The company knows if you don't answer.
Long hours but opportunity to make good income
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: Working from home. No weather worries. No worries about clothing.
Cons: Long hours. Pressure to up sell.
This work at home job is not for everyone. At the time I worked there I found the hours long and the pressure to sell high. If you are looking for lots of hours with some benefits then you will appreciate this company. Especially if you enjoy the challenge of up selling. The commission for selling plans and products was good, so there is the opportunity to make a decent income. Working from home can be lonely so if you like interacting with people on the job then you won't enjoy this work.
Usual call centre enviroment, had a T.V. room.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint JohnSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: The pay.
Cons: The seating.
Wasn't a bad place to work, the days were long, and the way the seating was made me feel disconnected from my co-workers. They did have a smoking hut that made me feel like they weren't prejudice towards smokers the way some places can be.
Productive and professional combined with fun
CSR, Supervisor, Trainer (Former Employee), St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Very flexible with scheduling
Cons: One bad week of stats and an agent could be fired.
I enjoyed working for this company as there was a high set of standards and work ethic to be met. It was also fun due to the incentives each team had to have a healthy inner competition for sales and customer service excellence.
Productive environment
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Sales initiatives
I learned all the basics of customer service for inquiries on billing and general complaints, propositioning sales, and making rebuttals. The co-workers were driven, fun individuals, always friendly. A typical day we're all just in an environment trying to complete sales in fun and rewarding ways. Meetings sales objectives, top 5, it was all about trying to make sales worthwhile.
Great Environment, Great People
Bilingual Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed my time with Skyes. The people were great and made for an energetic positive environment to learn and do my job well.
Staff are wonderful but company has forgotten there staff
Sales/Billing Rep (Current Employee), Peterborough, OntarioMay 19, 2015
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: no weekends off / no raises as frozen since Feb 2013
Sykes Enterprises is a well known company who has forgotten the people who have made them the company they are today. They are constantly expecting and putting more work on there employees without giving any type of raise and have completely forgotten that there employees also have families and never give time on weekends for them to have quality time with them. I think they should be more aware of the implications of that as it gives them a bad name in the general work force.
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Help staff was no help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMay 5, 2015
When there is support staff on the floor they are suppose to help the other employees. They do not, apparently the have better things to do.
Industry