SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 5, 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Help staff was no help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMay 5, 2015
When there is support staff on the floor they are suppose to help the other employees. They do not, apparently the have better things to do.
Not a company to work for
Loyalty Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Low pay, Long hours, low benefits, heavy work/stress load
I worked for Sykes for a year and a half.

During this time I will say the only reason I stayed was my Co-workers.

Being a third party site we only made a fraction of what first party made. (11/hr vs 16/hr)

Our benefits were good, till after I was terminated when they dropped them down pretty low.

The workload was not worth the pay in my opinion.

But like I said Coworkers will make your days better.
Horrible place to work.
"Customer Service" (Former Employee), Peterborough, OnMarch 28, 2015
Cons: Consistent BS
Was promised fulltime and good benefits. The hours were slashed as well as the benefits. I was also hired as Customer Service not Inside Sales. Sykes will write employees up if they don't make the sales quotas. They also refuse to pay for any breaks, you will be on the phone for 8/9 hours and expect your schedule to change hourly. They will not tell you when this will happen and write you up if your late
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Cons: garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Wireless Technical Support (Current Employee), Work from homeMarch 4, 2015
I really enjoying working at Sykes and being apart of this great company. Every day is rewarding. I work from home handling customer inquiries.
Working multiple systems, stressful situations, great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: work schedule and breaks changing constantly
Sykes is an interesting place to work. In a typical day you have to use 8-12 different systems that you have to work while trying to sell services to a customer. Over the years there I learned a lot about bell products and services and how to position and rebuttal customers. The management there is good, there is just a lot of coaching and expectations when it comes to sales. But in the end I have made a lot of friends working there and have gotten to know the management quite well. My co workers are great people and I have really enjoyed working with them over my last three and a half years. The hardest part of my job is when you have someone calling in that is 70-80 years old and they need tech support but I still need to make an attempt to sell services. But in the end the people that I work with are who made the job fun and have helped me out with my calls and being there outside of work.
very organised and professional organisation
Customer Care representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: professional and encouraging environment
Cons: long hours
team leaders and life coaches are very helpful and encouraging. very organized institution.
gives training before hand on work which is very helpful.
Full time hours, and great co-workers.
Online Chat Agent (Current Employee), Miramichi, NBNovember 8, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: lack of activities, non-flexible hours
2-hour flex start times are not the greatest idea, because this results in possibly having to work in the middle of the day, where you can not do much before or after the shift. But this is expected upon taking up a full-time position in a call center environment.

Besides the specific issues mentioned, working for Sykes is a great experience, where one would meet very interesting co-workers and even more interesting management and supervisors. In this job one would eventually learn more about the service you are trained to deal with. The hardest part of the job is also the easiest; working with the customers of the company you work for. These customers range from highly respected business owners to people like you (the agent), and can cause quite a bit of stress that one would eventually learn to deal with or work around.
The most enjoyable part is your co-workers. The environment within the department one is placed in is a friendly environment, where friends are made and enemies are forgotten.
Inbound sales
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: full time, benefits, perks
Cons: some long hours, stressful
Alot of systems to take in when first starting but being on the phones made it a lot easier to understand . Excellent for learning customer service and getting to know how to properly approach customers needs while making sales opportunities. Some customers are fantastic , others are very brutal to the agents even though they cannot control the issue and the anger is meant for the company. Could be hard to understand customer at times with the headsets- language barriers and extreme noise issues. Customers would complain about hearing all of the other agents around the desk and that also made it hard to hear the customer. It was great that there is always full time hours, benefits and great perks but it's a highly stressful place. Supervisors aren't always as helpful as they need to be , adding more stress to agents on the phone. This can create a poor positioning for sales which affects the agents job status, little sales or low percentages means the agent can be in the position to loose their job. However , overall , the company itself is fantastic.
good place to work
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: distance
good place to work money not to bad pay no raises though. staff was good and patient they wanted you to work hard but they worked just as hard
fast past
Customer Service (Current Employee), Miramichi, NBOctober 26, 2014
A typical day involves chatting with customers via the internet with concerns about their accounts, changes or password resets and can chat with up to 3 customers at the same time.
You work in a dungeon...
CSR (Current Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: at least it's a job
Cons: working there
Sykes Saint John is probably the worst call center to work for. If you want a day off, you need to have it in writing 3 weeks in advance. But even with that, the day before they can change their mind and refuse to let you have the day off. If you need to leave to get your kid early or even a doctors appointment, if you miss 29min+ it gets counted as a half day missed.

Management will lie to your face before you get hired... So when you actually start, then they will give you your offer letter. So your already working there and if you left a half decent job, your stuck with horrible shifts and poor working environment.
High pace work place
Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Sydney, NSSeptember 3, 2014
Great group of people, fun at times. Alot of functions to hype the employees
Taking calls for Rogers
Home Base Agent (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: long hours
I wolk from home for Rogers wireless. The CD's did not work well
I love my job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, NBAugust 23, 2014
Pros: bonuses, great supervisors, holidays and weekends off!
Cons: longish hours, some bad days.
I love my job and the people I work with/for! The bonuses are fantastic and the every day incentives are awesome too. Yes, it is a call centre and I have worked for a couple, this one is the best! Apply. Like now.
Fast paced job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), St. John's , NLAugust 20, 2014
Typical day at work was spent on the phone supply ROGERS customers with customer service for their home services.
very productive, and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pay, hours, incentives, shift bids
Cons: poorly managed
Poor management.
Learned how to deal with customers, and people when they are really irrate or upset.
A lot of different co-workers and people coming and going due to turn around
Hardest thing was figuring out how to understand certian people especially over the phone.
most enjoyable things were incentives, and overtime with decent pay
Great Work From home job
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee), Kentville Nova ScotiaAugust 3, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: minimal support
Jon is good for someone who is very self directed and learns quickly and can contain a lot of information or find it on your own. Support is minimal at times and can be very stressful. Great benefits and pay increases the more hours you work
Good pay/benefits and good friends. Nothing more.
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Riverview, nbJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great people, made many long term friends, great salary, good benefits.
Cons: too many to list, see my review for the tip of the iceberg.
The only thing this place had going for it was the great people they hired, the salary and the bluecross benefits, it's a shame about the fleas, mice, dust, poor management and overall poor quality of work and environment.

1 2 3 4

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Photos