Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
slave shop yet working from home
Rogers Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 27, 2016
very poor pay rates for the amount of work we are expected to do. The computer systems are way outdated and dont work half the time and the staff itself are nothing but arrogant individuals who help nobody but themselves
Sales Rep/Trainer (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBApril 4, 2016
Pros: We had free lunches while working in the worse storms.
Cons: We did work long hours but with good pay and great thanks from management
This company treats the agents fairly on a daily basis and work around your schedule. I truly enjoyed working there for 7 yearsl. I would like to get back into the customer service work.
say one and expect another
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 21, 2016
very interesting sales enviroment meet new people everyday. management had there favorites. my co worker were great and willing to help out
Not Great
CSR (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Working From Home
Cons: See Below
Salaries are low.
Management's expectations are high.
Very poor support from managers and team leads.
Hours are played with all the time.
1 week may be 40+ hours, and the next may be less than 20 hours.
If you live alone, and this is your only source of income, you will run into problems eventually.
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: seem like long work days
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons: Sitting all day in one place.
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 9, 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Very fun place to work
Trainer (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMarch 2, 2016
Pros: like family
Cons: not organized
Over all very fun place to work, a lot of room for advancement, the people I worked with became like family. On my 3 month anniversary I was promoted to trainer where I excelled, After 1 year and 1 month working there the company closed.
Fun place to work and learn
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 19, 2016
Come into work, check stock levels, make sure areas are cleaned that where supposed to be cleaned over night by the cleaner. Depending on the day, work on schedule for the next week(s), update stock to be ordered on a weekly basis. Was available throughout the shift to address any issues whether big or small. Looked after orders coming in for IT.
Call Centre
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
the lost the contract to capital one small business so sadly we lost our jobs.. they did offer some people other jobs with in the company
Productive work enviroment with like-minded hard working individuals
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: compliments, odd treat from customers who were very appreciative
Cons: Long hours, lots of heavy lifting
A work day at Sykes Landscaping begins with arriving at the shop and morning briefing of the days directions according to what duties/ jobs each of the two crews will perform. Work hours are 7am-6pm with a usual 30 minute cleaning period before leaving the job site. I learned how to operate bobcat small heavy machinery, how to operate a laser level to achieve proper heights for basing of patios, driveways, walkways and garden beds. My co-workers were like-minded hard working individuals which motivation was spread down from the foreman himself. The hardest part of the job was constantly moving heavy loads in wheelbarrows such as Gran A used for basing aswell as HPB or High Performance Basing as the final level of basing for patios, driveways and walkways aswell as premium soil for grading purposes and triple mix soil used for completing garden beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish product that we all worked so very hard everyday to complete.
Friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Contests and prizes
Cons: Frustrated customers
Sykes is a call center so a typical day was spent on a computer and answer calls from customers regarding their cell phones and cell phone plans. At sykes I learned better computer skills and stronger customer service skills. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was helping customers who were frustrated with their cell phones and cell phone bills. Most enjoyable was the games and contest that promoted making sales to customers.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: help people
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons: Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Productive day with helping customers with what they called in for. Co-workers I work with are amazing and friendly. Management is a good team
Awsome Envronment
Outbound customer service/sales associate (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJanuary 18, 2016
Good company to work for, Excellent benefits, Bonus , and other incentives involved. Must be able o deal with high levels of stress,
Great job good people to work work
Sales (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Working with polite employees
Cons: Late hours but didn't mind it.
Worked at Sykes for 5 years till closing. Everyone i worked with was friendly and polite. Did a lot of sales and customer service
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 15, 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
fun workplace and fabolous team
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 31, 2015
Working at home is a pleasure and fits my lifestyle very comfortable. I have worked at home several years and I enjoy doing so. There was no hard part about the job because there was always a solution if a problem occurred. i enjoyed working at home because I was able to spend the time I needed with my family and children, there was no commuting to and from work.
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.