SYKES ASSISTANCE SERVICES CORPORATION

SYKES ASSISTANCE SERVICES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you can find a job somewhere else, please do.
Health Services Representative (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: floor staff is great
Cons: everything else
This company is garbage. They expect you to do the job of four different people, management is terrible and there is no discernible goal tracking system. No one knows what they're doing. There is an indefinite wage freeze and most incentives are completely unattainable.
Unique nursing style
Tele-Health RN (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good schedule flexibility, professional environment, supportive team members, assisting patients with making health care decisions and promoting empowerment and autonomy.
Cons: long shifts, redundant type calls, work alone at night with no security
A typical day included making and receiving 30-60 calls per 8/10hr shift. Lots of overtime due to low staffing levels. Leadership skills are a must as I am normally a resource nurse and preceptor while doing my tele-triaging shifts. I have staff coming and asking clinical questions, policy questions, IT questions. I make sure the centre runs when the – more... management is either too busy or not present on site. I think the redundancy is the hardest part of the job but with the other roles this balances out nicely. I love teaching and being in charge and helping all the staff from education to manager to floor nurses and seeing a progression in the right direction. – less