SYKES ASSISTANCE SERVICES CORPORATION

SYKES ASSISTANCE SERVICES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
job that required adaptability to changes with labour laws, technology and clients
real time monitor (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: indoors, set shifts
Cons: communication breakdowns/lack of management
8hr work days/40 hr work week either 07h00-15h00/ 15h00-23h00 shifts. Each day offered differing challenges based on call volume, weather and staffing needs. You were required to use time to complete daily tasks, provide analysis on previous days activities and offer insight on how to improve tasks.
Unique nursing style
Tele-Health RN (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good schedule flexibility, professional environment, supportive team members, assisting patients with making health care decisions and promoting empowerment and autonomy.
Cons: long shifts, redundant type calls, work alone at night with no security
A typical day included making and receiving 30-60 calls per 8/10hr shift. Lots of overtime due to low staffing levels. Leadership skills are a must as I am normally a resource nurse and preceptor while doing my tele-triaging shifts. I have staff coming and asking clinical questions, policy questions, IT questions. I make sure the centre runs when the – more... management is either too busy or not present on site. I think the redundancy is the hardest part of the job but with the other roles this balances out nicely. I love teaching and being in charge and helping all the staff from education to manager to floor nurses and seeing a progression in the right direction. – less