SWITCH Materials Inc. (www.switchmaterials.com) is an innovative new company developing and commercializing dynamic Smart Window Film products based on proprietary novel molecules. The first products under development are in Smart Windows for use in buildings and automobiles that darken automatically when exposed to the sun and lighten when stimulated by electricity.
The Test Technician will work in SWITCH’s Testing and Reliability team to perform testing and QA on materials, and to aid in the commercialization and manufacturing of SWITCH’s Smart Window Film products. The Test Technician will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to, testing of SWITCH prototypes and products for optical performance, lifetime, and durability, building prototype test devices, data entry, data analysis, implementing quality assurance procedures, dealing with suppliers, as well as maintaining and equipping the testing and quality-related areas of SWITCH’s facility. The successful candidate will be a team player with high attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Diploma of Technology in optical, chemical, or mechanical technologies or an equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Experience in product testing, preferably with window film, chemistry-based products, or optical products an asset.
- QA/QC experience in a production environment an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High degree of computer literacy and ability to analyze data using Excel.
- Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of precision and accuracy.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dark room environment.
- Good research and data analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables.
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume with “the position title” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.