SWITCH Materials Inc. (www.switchmaterials.com) is an innovative company developing and commercializing film products based on proprietary organic molecules. The first products under development are for Smart Windows that darken automatically in sunlight and lighten when stimulated by electricity for use in buildings and automobiles.
The Laboratory Technician will provide support to SWITCH’s R&D and Engineering teams and will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to, shipping and receiving, communicating with suppliers, inventory management, managing stock inventory levels of Smart Window film device components, maintaining the laboratory and clean room areas of SWITCH’s facility and cleaning glassware. The individual may also be involved in the development of prototypes and products for optical performance, lifetime and durability, building prototype test devices and data analysis as well as assisting with experiments. The successful candidate will be a team player with high attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Diploma of Chemical Technology or equivalent experience and education required.
- Laboratory experience in development of materials, chemicals and/or optical products.
- Knowledge in safe use/handling of power tools and compressed gasses
- Uses scientific principles/methodologies as well as logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity for assembly and examination activities.
- Concentration and attention to detail necessary to execute repetitive activities flawlessly.
- Demonstrates a high degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good attitude, ability to follow directions and works independently and as part of a team.
- Safety oriented and knowledgeable of laboratory HSE requirements
To apply, please send both your cover letter and resume.