Field Operations Manager
Switch is searching a full time Field Operations Manager to join our fast-moving, fast-growing, and dynamic team. We are looking for an individual who is smart, hard-working, and dedicated to delivering the best possible service to our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement operating policies and programs that guide the company in maintaining and improving profitability as well as its competitive industry position.
- Prioritize, organize and direct projects within the Operations department to achieve clearly defined schedules, quality standards and cost objectives.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of telecom and network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Implement policies, procedures, and organizational structure for assigned operating unit within the framework of corporate policy.
- Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of operational unit's short-term and long-term goals within overall corporate objectives.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
- Provide support to any number of projects from an operational, financial and resource standpoint.
- Responsible for developing strong field force in conjunction with the general superintendent as well as project managers and superintendents.
- Monitoring availability and flow of personnel as well as hiring, motivating and assigning teams to projects.
- Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operating problems and difficulties, and authorize department operational procedures within corporate framework.
- Serves as management team member.
- Manage the work order process, including the creation of work orders in conjunction with sales and engineering, and make sure that information is always up to date and correct
- Ensure that safety forms are filled out by field personnel regularly according to the Switch HSE policy
- Audit personnel, work orders, safety forms and other field reports from time to time or as necessary to identify ongoing problems that need to be addressed
- Create and manage field personnel schedules and keep Scheduling module current
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
The successful candidate will:
- Be willing to work flexible hours so that they are able to respond to their technicians and our clients
- Be able to handle stress in a constructive manner
- Be willing to go to site
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be assertive
- Be organized
- Be an excellent team member
- Be familiar with computers and consider him or herself a very competent to advance user
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Diploma or higher in an applicable field
- Minimum 5 years of field experience in an applicable field
- Minimum 2 years supervisor experience
- Knowledge of RF related issues
- Working knowledge of telecommunications Networks
- Valid class 5 Drivers License
- 2 years plus of management experience
- Any field related courses
- Television experience
- Fibre Optic Experience
- VOIP Phone Experience
- DSL Experience
- Satellite Internet Experience
- Health and Safety Knowledge
- Experience with Federal Labour Laws
- Knowledge and experience in Oil and Gas based operations
- H2S, WHIMIS, Construction Safety, First Aid, OSSA regional, confined spaces, etc. are all assets, however training will also be provided.
Regular office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm , Monday through Friday. However, the ability to work flexible hours to ensure you are able to respond to the needs of your technicians who are in the field is necessary. Field work will be required to verify technician’s quality of work and to ensure our high standards are met.
Switch offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. We are undergoing an exciting transformation with a lot of anticipated growth in the near future. You will be given the opportunity to learn and advance your knowledge, skills, and position with in the company.
Indeed - 30+ days ago