Swissport

Swissport Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work for part-time
Customer service agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 4hr shifts
Cons: can get stressful and hectic at times
This job helped me throughout college, making that extra income to get by. There is a variety of work hours and shifts that you could choose from so I stuck to evening shifts which worked perfectly with my class schedule.

Every shift is different, the work is the same but because you work at the airport, there are many different people to interact with each time. So it never really feels repetitive.

Those that have a passion for travelling and flying, there is a lot that can be learned about the aviation industry as well as travelling.

Really teaches about customer service and how to deal with various types of customers.
not worth it
ramp agent (Current Employee), edmontonNovember 24, 2014
Pros: people and hours
Cons: pay and they dont pay you the right amount ever
Does not pay there employees the hours worked they dont seem to care if you have bills rent etc.... and it takes them months to pay you back. The employees are great, hours are great but the pay sucks especially if your in alberta working at -30 + and no one ever shows up so your doing double the work. Payroll needs to be fired and its been like this forever.
...
Forklift Operator/Pallet truck/Walkie (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 9, 2014
was good job but the pay wasnt good enough,so i had to seek a better job from a financial stand point
An OK entry level position, just EXTREMELY BORING!
Office Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 15, 2014
Pros: human resources department, good workplace enviroment
Cons: long hours, extremely boring, race dominated workplace
The job was 100% data-entry and customer service. It was easily the most boring job I've ever held. Co-workers are nice, though it was dominated by one ethnic race (which I found very odd). The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate and ignorant customers.
Very Nice company to work with.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto AirportJanuary 18, 2014
Very nice experience to work with Swissport Toronto. Management and staff are very nice to work with.
Building great Customer Relations in a fast paced enviroment
Bridge Handler
Customs/Baggage Claim
busy yet friendly environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea etc
Cons: overtime
a typical day would be meeting new people who are usually friendly, either first time travelers or newly weds even passengers who travel as much as they can. i have learnt how to print boarding passes and check in passengers print manifest for the captain etc my co workers are very friendly and polite, hardest part of my job is sometimes not being able to meet a clients needs and the most enjoyable part is the chance to meet people everyday
easy going place to work
RAMP Agent (Current Employee), pearson international airportNovember 1, 2012
productive place of work, with numerous opportunity to grow
Exciting Opportunity as a Airline Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fits well with my customer service background
Cons: not much room for growth
Wonderful opportunity to display my unique customer service skills. Greeting passengers in a friendly manner. Chencking in passengers and verifying passport or other travel itinerary. Loading and boarding passengers onto AC in a timely manner. Check documents for flight crew for dispatch releases, flight loads, etc. Close flight and push flights out in a timely manner.
can be a great place to work.
ramp (Current Employee), gatwickJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: one weekend off in every five week's.
It's two off and four on,days and nights. If you like working every weekend it's for you.
Productive and a great work place
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJanuary 16, 2015
My duties within this post was very customer focused and included working with the general public on a daily basis on behalf of Thomson Airways. I deal with passenger enquires about flight departures and arrivals, checking passengers in, arranging suitable seats for families and disabled passengers, providing correct boarding cards and luggage labels, telling passengers about luggage restrictions, weighing luggage and collecting any excess weight charges. My job role also includes taking care of passengers with special needs and also unaccompanied minors also calming and reassuring nervous passengers. I also took the role of ambassador for Thomas Cook. My job role also included boarding passengers onto the aircraft, going on board the aircraft to see if everyone was present on board and also meeting inbound flights. Working in the airport also meant that I had to be able to work shifts and also weekends.
A tension-free work place!
Passenger Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2015
My co-workers are always so kind and fun to be around. There isn't any tension between us. Usually the passengers are kind and respectful. When the passenger appreciates the service you gave, they tend to give you small, but thoughtful gifts.
Exciting
Passenger Service Assistant (Current Employee), London GatwickJanuary 8, 2015
The job has always got something different everyday which makes the job entertaining and enjoying.
Swissport
Helpdesk Administrator (Current Employee), Dulles VaDecember 19, 2014
1. Provide phone, email, desktop and remote support.
2. Reset passwords, install printers, applications, enable/disable user accounts, grant permeations to folders and email distributions groups.
3. Setup and deploy tablets, phones, laptops and desktops.
4. Log tickets via Sysaid and follow up with users regarding open issues until resolved.
5. Communicate with service providers to resolve network issues.
Challenging and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London Heathrow AirportNovember 27, 2014
My typical day at work includes working with many different types of customers from different cultures from all around the world, whether they are an angry customer, a very well pleased customer, a group of young people, or a family with small children everyday is a different day. I come across many different challenges through out the day which helps me to develop on my quick decision, and problem solving skills.
Service & Security Foreman (Former Employee), Athens, GreeceNovember 16, 2014
Specially certified security and service foreman for customer high risk/high value cargo (art, radioactive, biological, currency, precious gems and metals, etc.).
Responsible for small and busy team of 8-10 advanced attention security screeners.
Designed, installed, and maintained cctv, fire alarm, and security alarm systems.
a company that shows preference for family and friends for higher positions
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2014
Pros: some nice coworkers
Cons: everything else
It all depends of your contacts. If you're related to the manager, you're gonna get everything you ask for, it doesn't matter if you're not well prepared, if you don't speak fluent English, just make sure you have some kind of relationship with at least one of the managers.
Airport and passenge reservations
Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benefits and meeting people
Cons: not pleasing everyone
Checking in and making reservations for passengers, I've learned how to handle different issues and especially people. Worked very well with co-workers, like a family. Overbooking was the hardest to deal with. Enjoyed meeting people from all over.
Fun and physical work place.
Ramp agent/Temporary lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2014
Do a lot of lifting. Learned how to manage time because of the tight flight schedule. Hardest part was dealing with the lavatory.
fun workplace ,relaxed
Flight Dispatcher (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: amount of responsability held .environment
Cons: long and unsociable hours
on a morning or late shift i will typically dispatch 4 or 5 flights in the summer which can be quite hectic and tight.in this position i have learned how to work to tight timeframes quickly and efficiently without compromise to work quality ,i have also gained some team leader qualities as i am in charge of everyone involved in the aircraft turnaound from fuellers to loaders .i must take note of start times and finish times of everyone so that if there was a delay i could allocate accurately whilst also completing the weight and balance and fuel figures to produce a loadsheet.communication is key in this role as everyones processes effects everyone else so talking and notifying me of any issues instantly gives me time to problem solve and fix any given issue.the most rewarding part of the job is handing over the loadsheet to the captain ,locking up and watching pushback.

1 2 3 4 5