Swissport

Swissport Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SLAVEport not Swissport
Passenger SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Was on a contract under Air France & KLM it was really bad. They really treat you like slaves and not people. You don`t get any benefits at all and only get paid minimum wage. I worked there for about a year and never had a problem with my hair cut or facial hair...suddenly one day I came to work and they told me I had to shave off my beard. I found that really disrespectful and nowhere in the contract I signed it said I wasn't allowed to be groomed the way I liked. They also try and force you to stay extra hours if people call in sick or flights are delayed or cancelled. They don't even go through the seniority they force you to stay or threaten you to put on a note on the file or file you. WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR,
AMAZING
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), EDMONTONMarch 7, 2015
GREAT JOB, FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT, EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT, EASY GOING, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES. TONNES OF ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT. PLENTY OF DOWNTIME
Fun place to work for part-time
Customer service agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 4hr shifts
Cons: can get stressful and hectic at times
This job helped me throughout college, making that extra income to get by. There is a variety of work hours and shifts that you could choose from so I stuck to evening shifts which worked perfectly with my class schedule.

Every shift is different, the work is the same but because you work at the airport, there are many different people to interact with each time. So it never really feels repetitive.

Those that have a passion for travelling and flying, there is a lot that can be learned about the aviation industry as well as travelling.

Really teaches about customer service and how to deal with various types of customers.
not worth it
ramp agent (Current Employee), edmontonNovember 24, 2014
Pros: people and hours
Cons: pay and they dont pay you the right amount ever
Does not pay there employees the hours worked they dont seem to care if you have bills rent etc.... and it takes them months to pay you back. The employees are great, hours are great but the pay sucks especially if your in alberta working at -30 + and no one ever shows up so your doing double the work. Payroll needs to be fired and its been like this forever.
...
Forklift Operator/Pallet truck/Walkie (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 9, 2014
was good job but the pay wasnt good enough,so i had to seek a better job from a financial stand point
An OK entry level position, just EXTREMELY BORING!
Office Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 15, 2014
Pros: human resources department, good workplace enviroment
Cons: long hours, extremely boring, race dominated workplace
The job was 100% data-entry and customer service. It was easily the most boring job I've ever held. Co-workers are nice, though it was dominated by one ethnic race (which I found very odd). The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate and ignorant customers.
Very Nice company to work with.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto AirportJanuary 18, 2014
Very nice experience to work with Swissport Toronto. Management and staff are very nice to work with.
Building great Customer Relations in a fast paced enviroment
Bridge Handler
Customs/Baggage Claim
busy yet friendly environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea etc
Cons: overtime
a typical day would be meeting new people who are usually friendly, either first time travelers or newly weds even passengers who travel as much as they can. i have learnt how to print boarding passes and check in passengers print manifest for the captain etc my co workers are very friendly and polite, hardest part of my job is sometimes not being able to meet a clients needs and the most enjoyable part is the chance to meet people everyday
easy going place to work
RAMP Agent (Current Employee), pearson international airportNovember 1, 2012
productive place of work, with numerous opportunity to grow