Swissport Employee Reviews in Canada

Exciting job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  yyzJanuary 27, 2016
A lot of long hours and overnights. Got a good workout everyday. People are nice. Not a bad labour job.
My Experience in this company was a good one. But the benefits aren't that great.
you are welcome to apply for this job if you are rich
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  yvrJanuary 31, 2016
they start with minimum pay and you ll only get 16(or less) hours per week . no benefits or discount fly , and each shift is about 4 hrs. people get this job either they dont care about the money or work multiple jobs .
A nightmare to work for
Passenger service agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 16, 2016
As someone who worked in the aviation industry, I always worked behind a desk.
As soon as this opportunity came up to work at the Airport, without hesitation I left for this one. I was so excited for what was to come while working at the airport, for the first few weeks I was very eager and excited so I took on all the challenges that were thrown at me to show my superiors how I am capable of handling things in hopes of one day moving up in the company.

I worked for the Air France-KLM account

After month two and onwards things started getting real ugly and fast: agents that get promoted to team leaders suddenly forget that they were once where you are and power trip while completely disrespecting you.
Let's say you were to finish work at 5:15, you can't just leave and punch out, you had to go to your superior (AND WAIT) to see if you can leave, it can be up to 15-20 minutes of waiting or they simply force you to stay since they are always short staffed and will threaten to put in a "refusal of work" if you don't accept to stay.

Forget about having days off, we usually bid for our schedules the next month and if you are lucky and high enough in seniority you will eventually get weekends off, due to the complete arrogance and lack of knowledge from the scheduling crew, they will change your schedule about 18 times within 2-3 weeks so you can't even count on making any plans as such, I ended up with 1 day off a week.

Our contract was set for part-time, not "6 days a week, plus late night calls from scheduling to come in early the next day with no guarantee with what
  more... time you finish"

Not to mention that no benefits are included at all.

So do yourselves the favor and save yourself the exhausting stress and don't bother applying for this company, I have seen many good people leave burnt out and discouraged.

I loved the aviation industry until I started working here, not I want nothing to have to do with it.
Pros
Meeting colleagues
Cons
Worst managment known
Always Fun
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pearson AirportJanuary 13, 2016
* Every day working at the airport is a different scenario
* I learned to deal with difficult people and different cultures
* Management always look out for errors and never give positive feedbacks to employees
* I worked with various cultures and learnt to deal with each and everyone accordingly
* Hardest part of my job is telling passengers why their flight has been delayed/cancelled and rebooking/accommodating their requests
* Enjoyable part of my job is seeing my customer happy and satisfied
Pros
Food Vouchers
Cons
Long and unpredictable hours of operation
Fun work
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson AirportOctober 16, 2015
Get to meet a lot of people.
Very low salary.
Benefits only kick in after 2 years.
Good place to start and get experience.
Fun place to work.
Co-workers are very helpful.
funplace to wrk
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 29, 2015
great company to work for great benifits manager are great lots of overtimehghghgjkhjhjhjklhkhjkhjklhjklhjklhjklhjklhjklklhkhjklhkl
SLAVEport not Swissport
Passenger SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 10, 2015
Was on a contract under Air France & KLM it was really bad. They really treat you like slaves and not people. You don`t get any benefits at all and only get paid minimum wage. I worked there for about a year and never had a problem with my hair cut or facial hair...suddenly one day I came to work and they told me I had to shave off my beard. I found that really disrespectful and nowhere in the contract I signed it said I wasn't allowed to be groomed the way I liked. They also try and force you to stay extra hours if people call in sick or flights are delayed or cancelled. They don't even go through the seniority they force you to stay or threaten you to put on a note on the file or file you. WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR,
Cons
Interesting and evr changing enviroment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport Terminal 3October 20, 2015
I work as a Passenger Service Agent doing check ins, departures, arrivals. I am able to provide passengers with information about the airline, the airport and the City of Toronto. I enjoy assisting elderly passengers with boarding and descending from the airplane. The team I work with is very efficient and supportive. We are able to compliment each others strengths and weaknesses to provide the best possible travel experience to out clients. The inability to progress within the company doesn't allow for establishing goals.
Pros
Interaction with clients and being able to resolve their issues
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Good for beginners
Mishandled Baggage (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fun atmosphere - never really know what the day had in store for you. Love the fact it was daily operations and therefore you never take work home with you. Hardest part will always be the irate and obnoxious passengers but truth is if you really love this industry like I do, this will not phase you. It will be another way you can demonstrate just how well you can handle the situation and maintain your professionalism.
Pros
Flexibility of hours/shifts/days off
Cons
Delays/Drafts
general
Service Delivery Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  DublinMarch 27, 2016
Demanding with shift times. Overtime required often. Not a lot of attractive advancement opportunities after supervisor level. Good teams to work with - family like bonds often created.
Awesome Job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
To offload and on load aircraft departing and arriving. Maintaining a safe environment for all other crew members, following road rules on airport grounds, Reporting to work on time and being polite and punctual.

I'd have to say the worst part of the job really wasn't much besides the extreme weather conditions at the airport.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to push back the aircraft from the gate.
Nice company to work for
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Hours were very limited, wasn't sufficient enough to cover up expenses.

Employees were nice
Was a desk job, nothing much you can say about the whole company
Benefits start kicking in once you are an employee of two years or over
Hardest part was to deal with passengers who had language barriers
Pros
Neat and tidy workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
good summer job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 18, 2016
great placed to work if you need a part time job in the summer time. the wage is not that great but ok for a kid out of highs chool
Pros
good part time job
Cons
bad wages
Problem solving
Passenger Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Typical day at work would require immense quality of patience, in order to deal with various types of complaints from passengers. Ideally my most favorite task is meeting different personalities on daily basis to ensure their satisfactions without compromising company standards.
Not far from where I live
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2015
I will be moving to the Bois Franc area in Saint Laurent on September 1st next and I will be even closer to Trudeau Airport in Montréal.

I presume that Swissport Interrnational is the new company following the bankruptcy of Swissair.I believe this to be a fine company and I would be pleased to be associated with it.

A typical day at work is spent on the phone with sureties and/or contractors to relate the information or requests by the surety for additional documentation.. I have learned to be patient in all types of stressing situations. Management has not interfered in my daily activities for which I'm very grateful. I have known the CEO of the fim for many years and I respect him thoroughly. My co-workers are very supportive an friendly at all times. The hardest part job is when a surety does not accept the case which I presented and having to inform the principals of the contracting firm accordingly. And of course, the most enjoyable part of the job is when a specific file or case is accepted by the surety.
Pros
Close location to the job.
Cons
There are no cons.
Lots of compliments from passangers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Everyday challenge to serve people with passion and professionalism.

In a same time working hard to keep business competitive and making travel enjoyable fun journey for all.
Pros
Free smile
Cons
Fast paced environment
Unorganized, unprofessional HR
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnAugust 11, 2015
HR is very unorganized and un professional to explain everything for you from the beginning and HR manager gives you attitude for no reason!
Definitely they to not impress you, but if you are at end of the world with no job you can apply there. I would never approach this company again, it is absolutely pain and waste of time.
They take advantage of people by eliminating basic job requirements.
You have to spend from your own pocket and invest on your own to work for this company.
HR office located in the middle of no where behind Airport, you have to have car to go there every day to sign different papers.
Pros
I could not find any!
Cons
Unorganized and un professional manner
Fantastic place. Full of opportunities
Fuel handler (Current Employee) –  Yvr Vancouver airportOctober 14, 2015
So far so good.
Hey whatever you put in is what you'll get in return.
Lots of opportunities after time
I think you have enough info. Indeed
Pros
Not stuck in an office
Cons
Typical day at work was loading and unloading planes
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  VancouverAugust 12, 2015
it is great fun working here and everyone is friendly as well as helpful and always their to support everybody needs and management is great.
management is not good
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  yyzJune 4, 2015
with the combination of 3 different companies, management is all over the place and needs help. work is alright. job security is low seniority wise