Swissport Employee Reviews

Horrible Hours, Low Wages, Poor Management
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Company works on a seniority basis, meaning that if you're lower on the totem pole, don't expect to get great hours. Management was very unsupportive more often than not, especially when passenger issues could not be resolved by passenger service agents.
Pros
Can be flexible as most shifts are only 4 hours long.
Cons
Lack of support from Management, cheap uniforms that fall apart, no flight benefits, no health or dental benefits, poor wages
Best place to get in the airport with
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2016
Worst company to work with.
No respect for employees, management or agents.
Harassment and bullying is a whole new level in this company.

But to get into the airport, this is your ladder.

They take anyone and everyone.

Have worked here 5+ years.

New drama everyday.

Join. Keep your head down. Move to different company. Best plan.
Pros
Vouchers
Cons
No respect for employees
Avoid! Unless you really need money
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 9, 2016
Worked there for one month, and got super fed up with them so I quit.

1) Overtime hours are rarely given on the pay check. So you will have to be extremely proactive and hunt down your ot hours!

2) Really bad work place environment. Management micromanage and are a pain to deal with. Most leads are also awful because of the amount of profanity that they use towards you.

$11.35 an hour is not worth the amount of pain you will suffer working here.

On the good side: If you are physically able to work, they will hire you. They are also working on a new collective bargaining agreement, so you might see a boost in hourly wage.
Do not apply!!!!!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  yvrSeptember 6, 2016
this by far the worst company ive been with i work with swissport canada by YVR and was the worst time of my life. first of all you get paid so little for the work and sucrifices you make for this company. second management is a gong show dont care about their employee just care about the money you basically work every penny with this company. 3rd really difficult to do the job due to rainy weather as they give you really cheap piece of gears. i like how it days free ticet thats funny that aint true. all and all very bad company
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Understood the gates and procedures
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONAugust 24, 2016
• Greeted passengers in a friendly and professional manner
• Assisted passengers requiring special assistance 100% with smile and confidence
• Informing passengers about the rush hour and helping them with security clearing
• Made sure to handle a situation in the best way possible and also notify the shift manger in duty
CABIN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2016
This job was good learn lots of things that how people work at the airport .Co-workers here was supportive they always help each other and also the supervisors were too good and co-operative with us.
horrible place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 22, 2016
Alot of the time you're in a small storage compartment on your knees, sometimes with great strain stacking luggage on-top of each other as fast as possible in very humid conditions

at the end of one load you really start to feel back pain.. for $11/hr
it's certainly not worth it

Also some workers feel you've been doing the work for years expecting you to know everything right off the bat.
for that kind of labor the pay certainly isn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
terrible salary
Don't recommend it!
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 8, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked, sadly I still am, but will leave them soon. They pay $11.50 an hour with no medical or travel benefits. This is below minimum wage, especially in this day an age! Managers and supervisors treat us as slaves especially the new employees, they give you an impression that they can dissmiss or fire you easily, they are so disrespectful and rude and they have two faces. The office is always dirty and messy, whether HR, Payroll or the Airport office. No vacation until you pass 1 year of employment!!! Training was not thorough especially our job at the gate while departure or arrival. Very hard to switch shifts or ask for a day off. I do not recommend Swissport at all, it's a joke!! it's a horrible company to work for, Seriously!
Pros
Airport environment and coworkers
Cons
Very low pay and no vacation nor benefits!!
Good First Job but...
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 30, 2016
But they treat you like slaves. The Salary is a job for this job. Exploitation is still occurring and people aren't even aware of it.
Energetic, fast, fun work place.
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work is very enjoyable with co-workers that get along well with each other and doing a job you enjoy. I learn how to work with the different types of people everyday. I deal with a lot of people a day and its very fast moving so there's always something to do.
Very Good
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Lots of hard work. Great satisfaction. There's always room for improvement and for advancement. I work with a great Crew. There's always pressure to push out an A/C on time and must rely on your crew to do a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job is pushing back the Aircraft. It means mission accomplished.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Always busy
productive place with great co workers
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 23, 2016
the staff was bad but the co workers that were with me made everything i did fun. the hours were long and the airport was far too reach. The head of staff were complete garbage.Never really cared about what they did.As in staff im taking about the supervisors
Pros
great places to eat
Awesome Job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
To offload and on load aircraft departing and arriving. Maintaining a safe environment for all other crew members, following road rules on airport grounds, Reporting to work on time and being polite and punctual.

I'd have to say the worst part of the job really wasn't much besides the extreme weather conditions at the airport.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to push back the aircraft from the gate.
general
Service Delivery Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  DublinMarch 27, 2016
Demanding with shift times. Overtime required often. Not a lot of attractive advancement opportunities after supervisor level. Good teams to work with - family like bonds often created.
Good for beginners
Mishandled Baggage (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fun atmosphere - never really know what the day had in store for you. Love the fact it was daily operations and therefore you never take work home with you. Hardest part will always be the irate and obnoxious passengers but truth is if you really love this industry like I do, this will not phase you. It will be another way you can demonstrate just how well you can handle the situation and maintain your professionalism.
Pros
Flexibility of hours/shifts/days off
Cons
Delays/Drafts
Problem solving
Passenger Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Typical day at work would require immense quality of patience, in order to deal with various types of complaints from passengers. Ideally my most favorite task is meeting different personalities on daily basis to ensure their satisfactions without compromising company standards.
you are welcome to apply for this job if you are rich
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  yvrJanuary 31, 2016
they start with minimum pay and you ll only get 16(or less) hours per week . no benefits or discount fly , and each shift is about 4 hrs. people get this job either they dont care about the money or work multiple jobs .
Exciting job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  yyzJanuary 27, 2016
A lot of long hours and overnights. Got a good workout everyday. People are nice. Not a bad labour job.
My Experience in this company was a good one. But the benefits aren't that great.
good summer job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 18, 2016
great placed to work if you need a part time job in the summer time. the wage is not that great but ok for a kid out of highs chool
Pros
good part time job
Cons
bad wages
A nightmare to work for
Passenger service agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 16, 2016
As someone who worked in the aviation industry, I always worked behind a desk.
As soon as this opportunity came up to work at the Airport, without hesitation I left for this one. I was so excited for what was to come while working at the airport, for the first few weeks I was very eager and excited so I took on all the challenges that were thrown at me to show my superiors how I am capable of handling things in hopes of one day moving up in the company.

I worked for the Air France-KLM account

After month two and onwards things started getting real ugly and fast: agents that get promoted to team leaders suddenly forget that they were once where you are and power trip while completely disrespecting you.
Let's say you were to finish work at 5:15, you can't just leave and punch out, you had to go to your superior (AND WAIT) to see if you can leave, it can be up to 15-20 minutes of waiting or they simply force you to stay since they are always short staffed and will threaten to put in a "refusal of work" if you don't accept to stay.

Forget about having days off, we usually bid for our schedules the next month and if you are lucky and high enough in seniority you will eventually get weekends off, due to the complete arrogance and lack of knowledge from the scheduling crew, they will change your schedule about 18 times within 2-3 weeks so you can't even count on making any plans as such, I ended up with 1 day off a week.

Our contract was set for part-time, not "6 days a week, plus late night calls from scheduling to come in early the next day with no guarantee with what
  more... time you finish"

Not to mention that no benefits are included at all.

So do yourselves the favor and save yourself the exhausting stress and don't bother applying for this company, I have seen many good people leave burnt out and discouraged.

I loved the aviation industry until I started working here, not I want nothing to have to do with it.
Pros
Meeting colleagues
Cons
Worst managment known