Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ground handler with many different areas of operation
Duty Manager -Cabin Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2017
Being a Grooming duty manager it is a challenge in handling the agents for various ethnic group. Organizing schedules, equipment's, briefing the supervisors as well as agents of any changes and many more areas of operation.
Worst Company to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC6 July 2017
The management is not all concerned for employees, they can hire and fire anyone without any policy. Its waste of time working with such company. The schedule are variable so much.
Good for carrier in aviation industry
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 July 2017
Good workplace to start an even stable for make carrier. Co operating staff and management. lot's of to learn and easy to get higher designation because it is dynamic platform.
Pros
free dresses
Cons
lot's of overtime
Disorganized
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 June 2017
It's all over the place, extremely disorganized. Training wasn't the best, didn't even complete it before they put you in the field. A typical day is you would punch in and wait for someone to get you, waiting times may vary. No one really teaches you how to do anything, they stick you off to the side.
Pros
getting paid for doing nothing
Cons
lots of free time on your hands
Good to work with fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 June 2017
Great to work with Swissport, positive work environment, Supportive management staff, HR staff. Learned the different culture to greet the client compare to what at my home country.
fun, with little pay
Ramp Agent/Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2017
This was a good job in alberta, but once i came back to bc the money wasn't there and you are to bid on work lines, so you wherent always guaranteed work
mauvaise expérience
Agent de sureté (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON9 June 2017
mauvais management aucune organisation sécurité reste a voir
Pros
charge du travail
Cons
pas de sécurité pour l'employer dangereux
Stay away not worth it
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
I really wished I knew what I was getting myself into. In the beginning, my group and I were super happy and motived especially when we passed the training, but at that point I just wish I worked somewhere else with the same salary. It's not enough for the things that we do and the stress we go trough.
Stay away (especially from Air France/KLM those folks don't deserve people working for them).
Absolutely not worth it.
Modern day slavery
Groomer or Garbageman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2017
hello,
That's right, modern day slavery in a prison like atmosphere. low iq fellow workers with a company that will not invest in its own equipment so that its employees can do a good job. Minimum wage salary that never goes up, No benefits for 2 years? LOL . wait it gets better, useless supervisors that bark at you to work faster and faster. no flight benefits or anything. even my own boss said he would never do my job. work schedule of 5hrs here 6 hrs there, bizarre at best. another 3 to 4 wasted unpaid hrs going to and from work past security checks , treated like trash. worst job ever, just can't believe slavery still exists,. 11.02 per hr gross lol, it is not a joke, only this job is. people who take this job have no self respect, high turn over rate, they hire huge amounts of people monthly to try and cover the gaps. Movie that comes to mind is Ben Hur, slavery screen shots, all that is missing are the whips. erratic work times make it impossible to attend courses or school of any kind. I thought I would never say this but McDonalds job would be a dream job compared to this.
Pros
possibility of getting sucked into one of the engines
Cons
listed above
Loved the job but Swissport isn't a great company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 May 2017
I worked at YUL for Swissport during almost a year and it was a great experience at the time because i was 17.

Morning, day, evening and night shifts wasn't really an issue for me! I loved to help passengers to have the greatest expriences possible :)

Now let's talk about the bad stuffs...
This company is a really bad company! Worst management i've ever seen in my entire life. They doesn't have any consideration about the value of an employee... If you read the other comments, youre gonna realize that the majority of the employees didn't stay in the company for a every long period...

Because of Swissport, i'm going to university to learn how to defend employee's rights... this type of company shouldn't be accepte in Canada.

P.S.: RUN
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
the place where no one learns your name
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Its a good job but they really do not care about you as a person. You are just a worker and everyone seems to forget that at one time they were at the bottom just like everyone else.
Pros
Ha! There was free coffee for the Union meetings.
Cons
Ha! There was free coffee for the Union meetings
Interesting work. Not a good enough pay.
Aircraft Fueling Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC2 May 2017
If working around Aircrafts sounds like something for you, this job can be really be interesting. However i wouldn't recommend getting to comfortable. There a lot more jobs that is offered at the airport that you can move into once you've obtained your passes and have gained a bit of experience.
Pros
A lot of free time. 3 days off every week.
Cons
Low pay.
Oh dear god what a mistake
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
I made a huge mistake to accept working for that company. I've worked there for a year and a half and had to resign even if I loved all the fantastic people I met there.... Terrible management, no respect towards the employees- they abuse people for the minimum salary and they don't give their employees any benefits. If you are new you will be constantly added hours without your knowledge and work 6 days a week. The job is very stressful, you have angry passengers yelling at you all the time and supervisors blaming you for stuffs you're not responsible for. The only thing that counts for them is their money and nobody will even ask you how are you feeling there. Thank god I found myself a better job where I have all the benefits I should have working in the airline industry. Yes you do get customer service experience, yes you do meet nice colleagues with whom you can complain about the working conditions all the time but trust me it is a huge waste of time. It's hard to believe how such a silly company can even exist on a job market in a country like ours where you get your ''insurance plan'' only after 2 years of employment and the people who work directly for an airline-NOT FOR A CONTRACTOR get their insurance plan after only 6 months of employment IT'S A SHAME!!! I just wish ALL THE BEST to the people that are still stuck there and I hope they are all going to find something better than that and I CERTAINLY DO NOT WISH ANYBODY TO GO WORK THERE.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Analytical and very precise when approaching any given problem
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver international airport15 April 2017
* team worked
*organize the workplace for next co-worker
*hardest parts is everything should be done before given time
*no compromise on safety
*helping each other
très mauvaise culture d'entreprise
agent passager et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 April 2017
mauvais salaire et avantages pas de rétention pas de professionnalisme pas de professionnalisme égale perte de contras perte de contras pas d'avenir
Pros
bonne expérience
Cons
pas de rétention pas de future
Normal
Agent passager (Current Employee) –  Aéroports de montréal5 April 2017
La compagnie a besoin de plus d'organisation. Le salair n'est pas assez pour toutes les tâches à faire.
Very easy going as long as you managed time properly.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact the hours are all over the place ranging from four 4 hour work days to 28 hours spread throughout 3 days. Sometimes I would have to adjust my sleep schedule to accommodate for the unusual work schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the ramp underneath the aircraft. On the contrary, working at the bag-room seemed to be less enjoyable, but only if you dont manage your time wisely.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
irregular work hours
everything was fine before they asked me to leave because I had left work 15 mins early
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 March 2017
great environment to work but one day I left work early because I didnt have a flight to work on and my shift was almost done so I clocked out, the next day they fired me even tho I was a hard working employee.
Great Team
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
Fueling planes, but it wasn't enough for me as you can stand there doing nothing for an hour plus sometimes. Management was great and everyone you work with is super friedly
Cons
Little pay
easy job but hard work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 March 2017
Job is very easy and there are decent moments to take a break, however the culture is pretty negative and training could be a lot better. Job is pretty repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Swissport International Ltd. Reviews by Location