Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

swissport
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2017
overall I enjoy working with the agents at swissport as they make the work day a pleasant one. however management can definitely use some retraining. management lacks basic respect for their employees, often speaking down to them as if they are beneath them. Also the company struggles with adhering to the term CONFIDENTIALITY. when you call in sick, have personal issues and or concerns and you address it only with management/hr she share your information with others with goes against company policy.
Organization
Baggage handler and team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
It was not very organized because we were not specifically told about everything we need to know. It was a distance a way for me which made things a lot harder. Also security check and making your way to the dock takes a lot of time.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not organized
Environement de travail vivant
Agent passager (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC31 August 2017
J'ai vraiment beaucoup aimé travailler chez swissport !
Pros
travail ou on ne s'ennuie jamais
Cons
aucun avantage sociaux
Just a ** nvironment to work at
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2017
You're expected to work like robots all day. Seniority rules so most the time you'll be working with snior guys who'll ** you over by making you do all the work while they sit back. Some days you probably wont even get a break.
no more flight benefits either.
Worst part was that you have to wait 1 year to get medical benefits which sucks considering the fact the we work our back off.
Pros
A lot of overtime.
Cons
Everything else
fun workplace
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  6500 silver dart drv25 August 2017
Great work place.Easy hands on training, indoor and outdoor,hardest part of the job is working outside winter time but once you've had your training the hardest part becomes the easiest part and fun.
hard labour
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2017
would be required to work long hours. seniority rules over everything, would be stuck doing the last favourite thing. hard labour with minimum wage doesn't go together
Good employer
Ground Services Agent / Training Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 August 2017
Overall very good employer; my only observation is too much tolerance to bad attitudes and lack of interest to stop abuse that unfortunately is massive.
Work with fun
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON8 August 2017
Hard work whatever the weather. All type of shift available. Always get lunch paid, lots of overtime available round the year. Easy way to enter airport jobs. Work with fun.
Pros
Lunch vouchers
Cons
Work outside in any weather
fun while it lasted
Ramp service agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 July 2017
loading bags, luggage, unloading luggage, putting in right containers and flights, repetitive, too much down time, fun meeting new people, working different shifts, the hard part was when it got really busy, and it was under staffed
Pros
meet new people
Cons
boring, no skill to gain
Great experience
Lead Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Pearson Intel Airport26 July 2017
taking charge of a flight to ensure the safe loading and arrival and departure of an assigned aircraft. working with new recruits to senior agents can sometimes be fun and outgoing and yet difficult. however with the right attitude you can learn a lot and maybe even be thought alittle.
Pros
working outside on a nice day
Cons
shortage of man power calls for longer days
not so good work experience they dont value their employees
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pearson, ON25 July 2017
work it self was fine, the problem is the management does not even care for the employee everything is about union and agreement. turn over is always happening because they will usually hire people before their busy season and after that during summer they will start cutting the hours. the reason why I leaved swissport is because i have to go back in the philippines for emergency family reason, I ask them if I can apply for leave of absences just for two weeks and they said they cant approved it because its a busy season, busy season ?summer time?like flights drop from 10 to 4 every shift.
All contract work
SHIFT TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
Long hours, not all hours guaranteed. Really hard to advance. Management only delegates does not do much to help out staff only there for the pay nothing more.
Ground handler with many different areas of operation
Duty Manager -Cabin Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2017
Being a Grooming duty manager it is a challenge in handling the agents for various ethnic group. Organizing schedules, equipment's, briefing the supervisors as well as agents of any changes and many more areas of operation.
Worst Company to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC6 July 2017
The management is not all concerned for employees, they can hire and fire anyone without any policy. Its waste of time working with such company. The schedule are variable so much.
Good for carrier in aviation industry
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 July 2017
Good workplace to start an even stable for make carrier. Co operating staff and management. lot's of to learn and easy to get higher designation because it is dynamic platform.
Pros
free dresses
Cons
lot's of overtime
Disorganized
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 June 2017
It's all over the place, extremely disorganized. Training wasn't the best, didn't even complete it before they put you in the field. A typical day is you would punch in and wait for someone to get you, waiting times may vary. No one really teaches you how to do anything, they stick you off to the side.
Pros
getting paid for doing nothing
Cons
lots of free time on your hands
Good to work with fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 June 2017
Great to work with Swissport, positive work environment, Supportive management staff, HR staff. Learned the different culture to greet the client compare to what at my home country.
fun, with little pay
Ramp Agent/Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2017
This was a good job in alberta, but once i came back to bc the money wasn't there and you are to bid on work lines, so you wherent always guaranteed work
mauvaise expérience
Agent de sureté (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON9 June 2017
mauvais management aucune organisation sécurité reste a voir
Pros
charge du travail
Cons
pas de sécurité pour l'employer dangereux
Stay away not worth it
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
I really wished I knew what I was getting myself into. In the beginning, my group and I were super happy and motived especially when we passed the training, but at that point I just wish I worked somewhere else with the same salary. It's not enough for the things that we do and the stress we go trough.
Stay away (especially from Air France/KLM those folks don't deserve people working for them).
Absolutely not worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval