Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Je ne recommande pas cet emploi.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 February 2018
L'équipe de travail à l'aéroport de québec était super! Cependant, le patron n'est pas flexible sur les heures et l'échelle salariale est très nulle. Il est presque impossible d'augmenter de salaire même si cela fait plusieurs années que tu travailles la Que tu aies une famille ou que tu sois aux études, il est impossible d'avoir de congés ou d'enlever une journée de travail pour te consacrer à tes études. L'emploi est génial mais le patron laisse vraiment à désirer.
Pros
Équipe merveilleuse
Cons
Patron et échelle salariale
Typical slave roles
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Long hours and very minimal advancement for any position. Most people who work here are 40-50+ and that gives new recruits no room for any promotions due to senority
smells like bad stuff
Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC26 January 2018
this job isnt really that good, i wouldnt suggest it to anybody, the management is terrible and let anyone get away with anything, the union is terrible they dont actually know how to protect there employees the way they should. the pay wasnt enough close to a decent salary compared to the rest of the airport
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great atmosphere and team work !
Agent de cabine (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC21 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working for the company Swissport. I learned that working as a team is enjoyable and that cleaning which is one of my skills can actually be fun when working in a positive atmosphere. I enjoyed the long breaks and most of the leads were great! I hope in the near future I can join this work environment again but maybe in a different field.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
long breaks
Lounge Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
Working at the lounges are a great place to work and the hours are not guarantee but you would have to bid schedule base on sonority. Management needs improving but workplace culture is fantastic. Salary/Benefits you have to keep an eye on because they are always making mistake when it comes to paying out.
Pros
great team work
Cons
poor management
A good place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport8 January 2018
A good Company to work for. The Company if fair in it's dealings with Employees. Able to be promoted if qualified, has many jobs within the Organization. Is committed to Customer Service.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hard Labour
work place culture
agente passager (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 December 2017
I absolutely loved my job. I really enjoyed interacting with the customers. I enjoyed working in an airport very much. I felt important I felt like i belonged. The only problem was that I was working minimum wage which could not pay the things that I needed to pay. I ended up working crazy hours just to be able to live with the bare minimum and still struggle.
Pros
Amazing job
Cons
no benefits
fun but unorginzed
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2017
very unorginized and pay it too low, the head office is way too busy, they don't answer the phones ever! training is WAYYY too long! and the shifts and schedules and not made properly
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay too low
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC12 December 2017
Good:

My co-worker are fantastic, new challenge everyday..

Cons: Split shift, no full time hours, no benefit, can't live only to work at Swissport. Minimum wages, long hours,
Pros
Meet peoples
Cons
long hours, short break, split shift, no benefits
Good Team
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 November 2017
The Colleagues and team are key to a good healthy workplace. I was lucky to have a very supportive team.
There are some challenges and require cooperation among stakeholders to improve the environment.
Pros
Good people, Staff and Clients
Cons
Fast pace, and clock is always running for on time performance
Productive and fun place to work
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 November 2017
If you love long hours of break, this job will fit you perfectly. In an 8 hours shift, you would most probably just work half of the time and just chill on the most time. It is a minimum job, but can open you to many job opportunities at the airport.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Heavy luggages need to carry an drag aroun
agréable
Groomer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC23 November 2017
entreprise qui favorise le travail d'équipe et la diversité culturelle.
Pros
lieu de travail amusant
Cons
salaire déplaisant
Working with Swissport
Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
There is a lot of things you can look at while working for swissport. Your typical day at work consists mostly on the go and not stopping until you finish your job and head home. The best thing about working with Swissport is meeting a lot of new people and new faces pretty much every week to month as the turn-around is much greater due to people coming and going. The management part of swissport is which you don't want to politically involve yourself in unless you are ready to be taken on a roller coaster ride as you are given minimum tools and are required to do the job in best/worst of the weather. The workplace culture is non-existent as a unionized environment you have no say pretty much anywhere due to all the politics of seniority and all will make you feel like you're doing the job yourself as oppose to "TEAM" work that requires a healthy workplace. There is no hard part about the job as everything is as simple as it can be and if you are a quick learner you will pick up things well otherwise you will have hard time adjusting in there.
Pros
There is no pros.
Cons
There is a lot of cons.
Productive and fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON8 November 2017
Great work environment and people are very friendly. Something different everyday no day is ever the same meeting new people working as a team, the amount of experienced I gained was insane.
Swissport is a company which has much room to grow with but has problems due to size in making the changes necessary
Duty Manager/Baggage Manager/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB/Vancouver, BC2 November 2017
The hardest part of the job as manager brought in to make change is not only the resistance from employee's but getting long tenured management to buy into change .
Pros
ability to get tools required
Cons
Time to make change/tools required.
Productive and Fun work place.
Ramp Agent / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 October 2017
Great place to gain leadership skills and group work. Fun staffs and management. Chill work environment. Working closely with same age co-workers is always a experience.
Experience to operate the machine/vertisorter/conveyor.
Baggage Sortation Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2017
My resposibilities is the most important to handle everything.whatever, that i have task for the day.i'll doing properly with safe execution.the most important to report on time in my job or workplace.
Pros
Operate machine with caution meaning i need safety first.
Cons
Long hours to work/shift trade/overtime.
productive work environment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 October 2017
learn about the operations and logistics of pearson international airport as well as they safety hazards that you will face everyday when dealing with commercial aircraft
Union Job
o Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
Swissport is part of a union and this means that the salary is competitive for labor and that you do not get overworked and stressed. Working there was fantastic and they even extended me to a student line when i had gone back to school which rarely happens.
Ramp job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
This job helps airlines' company to load and unload the cargo. Marshall/Guide incoming and outgoing aircrafts. And aircrafts maintenance and service. Not that bad job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.