Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Modern day slavery
Groomer or Garbageman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2017
hello,
That's right, modern day slavery in a prison like atmosphere. low iq fellow workers with a company that will not invest in its own equipment so that its employees can do a good job. Minimum wage salary that never goes up, No benefits for 2 years? LOL . wait it gets better, useless supervisors that bark at you to work faster and faster. no flight benefits or anything. even my own boss said he would never do my job. work schedule of 5hrs here 6 hrs there, bizarre at best. another 3 to 4 wasted unpaid hrs going to and from work past security checks , treated like trash. worst job ever, just can't believe slavery still exists,. 11.02 per hr gross lol, it is not a joke, only this job is. people who take this job have no self respect, high turn over rate, they hire huge amounts of people monthly to try and cover the gaps. Movie that comes to mind is Ben Hur, slavery screen shots, all that is missing are the whips. erratic work times make it impossible to attend courses or school of any kind. I thought I would never say this but McDonalds job would be a dream job compared to this.
Pros
possibility of getting sucked into one of the engines
Cons
listed above
the place where no one learns your name
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Its a good job but they really do not care about you as a person. You are just a worker and everyone seems to forget that at one time they were at the bottom just like everyone else.
Pros
Ha! There was free coffee for the Union meetings.
Cons
Ha! There was free coffee for the Union meetings
Interesting work. Not a good enough pay.
Aircraft Fueling Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC2 May 2017
If working around Aircrafts sounds like something for you, this job can be really be interesting. However i wouldn't recommend getting to comfortable. There a lot more jobs that is offered at the airport that you can move into once you've obtained your passes and have gained a bit of experience.
Pros
A lot of free time. 3 days off every week.
Cons
Low pay.
Oh dear god what a mistake
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
I made a huge mistake to accept working for that company. I've worked there for a year and a half and had to resign even if I loved all the fantastic people I met there.... Terrible management, no respect towards the employees- they abuse people for the minimum salary and they don't give their employees any benefits. If you are new you will be constantly added hours without your knowledge and work 6 days a week. The job is very stressful, you have angry passengers yelling at you all the time and supervisors blaming you for stuffs you're not responsible for. The only thing that counts for them is their money and nobody will even ask you how are you feeling there. Thank god I found myself a better job where I have all the benefits I should have working in the airline industry. Yes you do get customer service experience, yes you do meet nice colleagues with whom you can complain about the working conditions all the time but trust me it is a huge waste of time. It's hard to believe how such a silly company can even exist on a job market in a country like ours where you get your ''insurance plan'' only after 2 years of employment and the people who work directly for an airline-NOT FOR A CONTRACTOR get their insurance plan after only 6 months of employment IT'S A SHAME!!! I just wish ALL THE BEST to the people that are still stuck there and I hope they are all going to find something better than that and I CERTAINLY DO NOT WISH ANYBODY TO GO WORK THERE.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Analytical and very precise when approaching any given problem
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver international airport15 April 2017
* team worked
*organize the workplace for next co-worker
*hardest parts is everything should be done before given time
*no compromise on safety
*helping each other
everything was fine before they asked me to leave because I had left work 15 mins early
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 March 2017
great environment to work but one day I left work early because I didnt have a flight to work on and my shift was almost done so I clocked out, the next day they fired me even tho I was a hard working employee.
Great Team
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
Fueling planes, but it wasn't enough for me as you can stand there doing nothing for an hour plus sometimes. Management was great and everyone you work with is super friedly
Cons
Little pay
easy job but hard work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 March 2017
Job is very easy and there are decent moments to take a break, however the culture is pretty negative and training could be a lot better. Job is pretty repetitive
Horrible management....Constant intimidation
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
Run as fast as you can.....Do not apply for Swissport. They treat their employees like garbage. Always trying to intimidate with threats to put letters on file. Do not acknowledge that life exist outside of Swissport. They treat the employees like slaves and no respect. Horrible environment and supervisors think that their title gives them the right to treat the agents like scum!!!!!
Pros
No pros anymore
Cons
Horrible ! Run as fast u can !!!
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2017
Backstabbing company ! Intimidation ! Harresment that will be your day by day !!Your max salary wage will be 14,75 after 5 yrs of work ! No respect for employee ! U have to fight to get pay !! Never accurate ! Work security the worst !! Union seems work for company ...
Pros
Team work
Joke
Aircraft Refueler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2017
What a joke of a company . Zero organization by management, the guy who serves me coffee in the morning makes more than the guy putting fuel on your aircraft what a sad job.......
Always short staff , underpaid and management constantly power trips by writing everyone up for stupidities ....
Pros
Not many
Cons
Everything swissport
cabin services
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 February 2017
took supplies for airplanes
make plane welcoming for passengers traveling
arranged to make it look cleaner
go from plane to plane
got RAIC through swissport
working environment is not at all positive
Pros
union job
Cons
not good management
N/a
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
Company is good but pay rate as per work very low. Management is trying to performing good. It's multicultural environment.
Pros
Lunch Paid
Cons
Full Time Hours
Amazing environment and team
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON3 February 2017
Loved helping customers locate their luggage and navigate the course the plane would take prior take off. Also I enjoyed training new employees familiarize with company's policy and procedure.
i had fun learning about customer service and watching airplanes everyday
Agent service aux passagers (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 January 2017
That was a job that i really enjoy, if the schedule wouldn't be so hard i would have stayed, I knew a lot of people, i interacted with different kind of clients
Pros
I knew a lot of people
Cons
the schedule
less hours
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
not much promised hours.need to come in early due to short staffed, supervisors require you to come in to help them. no benefits after 2 years. unionized
Pros
free water
Cons
long hours or shorter hours
Fun workplace. I would recommend this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Good management and coworkers are friendly.
Good to start your carrer avaition industry.
It's a part time job but you can make hrs easily.
You have to do early morning shift in the begunning.
Everyday is different work experience.
Stress at boarding gate job
Fun at checkin counter
You will work people with different background
You will lunch coupon sometime
Pros
No free lunch
good and nice
Aircraft fueler and trainer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2017
the job is nice and i like it so much however its not an easy one.It needs men who can work in outside under hard weather conditions.
The General atmosphere is perfect and supervisors are really nice.
Working at the airport is wonderful.
Agent passager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
Too much work. You run everywhere and all the time. The training is too short and inadequate. The pay is way too low comparing to all the hard work. You have to be in a really good shape and willing to work at any hour throw out the day or night. Sometimes and without notice, they oblige you to do overtimes for sometimes 2-3 hours even if you don't want to stay.
Pros
Good team work, flexible schedules
Cons
No advancement, no privileges. Insurance after 2 years only
Great workplace if you like working with the public
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
However, salary is low, no benefits. Swissport DOES NOT value their employees whatsoever. Outstanding expectations with little to no recognition. Not so organized. The job itself I loved, the company, however, not so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval