Swissotel Employee Reviews

Review
Sales & Convention Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 January 2017
The typical work day is very fast paced. The environment of the sales & cs team is very energetic. I would recommend this work place to anyone.
I Loved working at this hotel
FLOOR MANAGER OF HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL6 October 2016
This had to be one of the best hotels I've ever worked for. It was no hard part of my job, my job was amazing the staff was amazing. I enjoyed every moment of this job.
typical work day
Cluster Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  กรุงเทพมหานคร4 August 2016
Working in Swissotel has helped me learn so much about digital marketing. Coming from a translator background, I had very limited knowledge about what I was about to do at my job. My coworkers are very helpful, we could always finish each task on time. The hardest part of my job is when sometimes explaining what I do to someone that has no idea about what digital marketing is. However, overall, I enjoy my time here.
Learning Experience
F&B - Hostess (Former Employee) –  Quito, Provincia de Pichincha8 July 2016
In Swissotel, I was a hostess. Uncharged of welcoming guest, reservation, QA.
I learned how does a restaurant operates.
My cooworkforers where firiendl and respecful.
The hardes part of the job was the long hours standing.
The most enjoyable pasrt is that I had the pleasure to meet a variety of people, specially famous due to that the restaurant was one of the best and well know in the city.
interesting and fun workplace
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Raffles12 June 2016
i have learned to communicate well with my colleagues , able to work as a team . Everyday at work was tiring but fun, my colleagues are fun to work with . The enjoyable part is i get to work as a team
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Productive work place and increase of skills
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  IN4 May 2016
The company is a good place to work as it keeps you very busy and one learns a lot of work. All the employees are very helpful and beside working, a lot of fun activities takes place as well for the employees to keep the employees at ease.
Highly responsible, standardised job
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallinn20 February 2016
Early morning is the best time to start a working day. I have gained a lot of essential skills like managing of the payments, preparing daily reports, inventory management, helping clients with their request, etc.
Co-workers were helpful when I stared to work at Swissotel, and viewed me more as a colleague, and less as a trainee.
The hardest and the most responsible parts of my work were payment calculations and monthly reports.
The most enjoyable were interaction with guests, suggesting the appropriate product/treatment, making reservations, etc.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, laundry, flexible schedule, convenient breaks
pathetic place to work
Store Receiving Incharge (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, WB4 November 2015
A class 8 fail gets promoted to a dept.head who cant even read or write english....it tells all about the company...and i have nothing else to say
Its a fun place to work.
bell-man & Concierge (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, WB26 June 2014
Staffs and Colleague's are supportive and always put effort in their work. We work as a team and like to help each other in our own respective work. Yearly there are lots of activities organised by our team and human resources.
Pros
International Property
Cons
Less salary than expectation.
Atten for daily brefing
Room Attended (Former Employee) –  makkha.23 January 2014
look after floor and checking over -roll floor
Cleaning and arranging the pantry A to Z,
Checking the Linen and supplies given relevant requirements for
relevant department,
Reporting to Floor manager daily basis,
Arranging of VIP arrivals and Booking Dot,com,
Look after guest objectives and complains,.
Arranging of sweet room for Top VIP"s
Pros
Food and Transportation providing by the hotel
Cons
including of ot and service charge
Not worth the money or stress
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 February 2013
Everyone is constantly worried they will lose their job over something whether it be a guest review or a manager that has no clue what is going on.
The schedule is never out more than 3 days in advance and you can't chose your days off, so if you want a life outside of work forget about it.
The managers have no clue what is going on and the sales team can't get groups in to save their lives.
You can be fore than 2 minutes late more than 2 times a month or your fired. So if you have kids or deal with Chicago traffic....your probably gonna lose your job
The employee food is horrific, I personally got sick from it more then a few times.
There is no employee loyalty.
Actually you will work here for the summer and get amazing hours and pay and then when winter hits they will not give you any hours and make your life hell until you quit, get fired for something minor, or get laid off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no loyalty to employees, should only hire summer temps
Laid back atmosphere
Risk Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 April 2012
The same calls come in everyday. The learning curve can be completed within three months. Most of the staff is very helpful and fun to be around with makes it enjoyable. It is nice to meet new guests everyday.
Pros
free lunches, helpful employees
Cons
no room for advancement
I love working in the hospitality industry
Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 March 2012
I like working in the mornings, because all you do is put out water
Pros
free lunch
Cons
plenty of breaks
Ambiente de trabajo del área de banquetes
Mesera eventual (Former Employee) –  Quito, Provincia de Pichincha14 February 2017
Realmente en área de servicio es un poco difícil por el esfuerzo físico que se realizar, pero en si vale la pena porque se aprende mucho a ser independientes y poder resolver con mas agilidad los problemas que se presenten en algún evento,
Cons
no se respeta el horario de salida en temporadas demasiodo altas
Un buen ambiente de trabajo alimentacion, vestimenta
azafata (Former Employee) –  San Isidro, Lima7 February 2017
Los jefes distribuian al personal los eventos a tener, aprendi mucho referente al area de alimentos y bebidas desde como pulir los utensilios, armar los salones, las mesas para los eventos, los coffe break, como llevar las bandejas, como llevar los platos los dobles de las servilletas y muchas mas. La direccion tenian buen trato con los colaboradores, los colegas te apoyaban, enseñaban y corregian cuando no sabias hacer las cosas bien, y siempre nos apoyabmos. La parte mas dificil era la ausencia del personal que faltaba se duplicaba el trabajo y hasta ahora puedo decir que se trabaja duro en el area de banquetes. Lo que me gusto fue que aprendi mucho no sabia nada nunca antes habia trabajado como azafata la jefa de banquetes, los capitanes y el personal te enseñaban y era buen equipo todos trabajaban igual la jefa sabia manejar muy bien las situaciones un buen liderazgo realmente me gusto trabajar en ese equipo .
Pros
SEGURO MEDICO
Lugar agradable,
Areas publicas (Current Employee) –  San Isidro, Lima21 January 2017
Mi día tipico en mi trabajo es muy conmovedor en la.mañana trato de tener la.mayor concentración y analizar lo que voy hacer durante el resto de dia, comienzo con los mejores ánimos y ponga todo mi empeño y dedicación en el trabajo.......... proximidad,excelencia,innovación,proximida,creativida hotel melia jefa monica Villavicencio situaciones difíciles siempre trato de solucionar los problemas una vez solucionado el.problema tomó una pequeña siesta entre 9oh 10 de la mañana durante un tiempo analizo las tareas pendientes y atrasadas que tengo en mi trabajo asignado, luego manos ala obra y a entregarle a mi ambiente laboral ser dedicado y trbjr en equipo con mis compañeros(as) creando un ambiente motivador y entusiasta..... aprender cosa nuevas y buenas en el tema laborar y enseñasa
Pros
Essalud
Cons
Hay un tiempo para poder tomar el.break
Guzel bir otel cok memnunum gorunum kalite hizmet super malesef kendi memlekete bakiyorum
Steward (Current Employee) –  Bodrum7 January 2017
Kaliteli bir otel yasamak guzel burda ama malesef kendi memleketimde olsaydi hic yok demezdim baslardim
buena empresa
cajero puntos de venta (Former Employee) –  Quito, Provincia de Pichincha14 October 2016
facilidad de hacer una carrera en la empresa
normal como todo
esa fue mi primera escuela en hoteleria fue mi primer empleo
extricta pero buena
buenos compañeros colaboran en todo
ninguna creo si no le gusta se hace mas dificil
todo
Pros
seguro privado, supermaxi y otros
Cons
por nuestros se hacen los contras
Es una buena escuela.
limpieza (Current Employee) –  Lima, Lima26 September 2016
El ambiente es agradable, existe un buen clima laboral y una relación horizontal con los jefes, tiene una cultura diferente como saludar con una sonrisa decir abiertamente nuevas ideas y darte la oportunidad de postular a otra área.
Pros
descanso en tu cumple
Cons
tener un año para cambiar de area
travail agréable
Assistante Maitre d'hôtel (Former Employee) –  Geneva, QC5 July 2016
Travailler dans de bonne condition,

enrichissant, évolution et passionné du métier.
Pros
bonne condition de travail
Cons
pas de parking a disposition

4.2