Swisslog Employee Reviews

Great Company, Great Learning Experience and Challenging!
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA8 September 2017
Love this company. If you are a self starter and enjoy utilizing your talents in mechanical, electrical and software engineering to solve complex problems for world class companies - this is the place. Swisslog blends many talents together to create state of the art distribution systems and plant automation systems. Always fun to be on projects that have a lot of robotics to help businesses achieve their needs. As a manager, I am awe struck by the "can-do" attitudes of the team members. It is fun to be a part of this!
Pros
Good Sr. Management with a lot of drive, Great opportunity to develop new skills on the job, Small project teams provide opportunity for cross-training, The best part is the team members you get to work with, Truley a family with a lot of drive and passion to succeed
Cons
More training opportunities, Travel time was a little high but this is now getting under control
Good company.
Accounting Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA3 September 2017
This is a good company to work for in many ways. I enjoyed my boss; however, he was located in Denver CO. and my position was in Newport News, VA. After implementing the new SAP software in Newport News, all administrative functions were eliminated. This included Accounting, IT, and Human Resources positions.
Pros
Goo upper management.
Cons
Upper management was located in Denver; my position was in Newport News, Va.
No personal life, over worked, under paid
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA23 July 2017
The people make the company worth staying at, the pay is too low for the amount of time you will be on the road as well as the number of hours on site you WILL work for FREE with little to no compensation. Salary paid? Try your best to negotiate a better base starting salary than you are offered. Don't get conned into being on call as the time you are allowed "off the clock" you are not allowed to leave your phone or laptop and require an internet connectivity. Again, this company COULD be great but at the moment NEEDS WORK to make for a better work/ life balance. I would not return to working here unless I could negotiate a better salary or some other type of incentive was offered by this bunch of penny pinchers. (Don't buy into the "we have no business" they are making money hand over fist)
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Low Pay, High demand, Travel WILL be 80%+ depending on the role
Ok
Senior Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, Ohio20 July 2017
OK place to work. Not a lot of direction. The travel was 3 times what they led on to believe. I would recommend it for a road warrior but not for someone who wants to home. I was employed about 3 months and was gone almost every week.
Fast-paced and demanding
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  US11 May 2017
Field work is notorious for being fast-paced and demanding. There's no surprise there especially when assigned equipment is crucial for client productivity. It would have been nice to have upper-management more in tune to its employees and address issues appropriately. Lots of great, knowledgeable people willing to impart their knowledge.
Pros
Schedule flexibility when not assigned to an emergency service call
Cons
Out-of-tune upper management with little to no field experience
Enjoyable place to work
Resident Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool16 November 2016
Enjoyable role, highly stressful environment. Time on tools is not great as the site is new.

Long hours 2x12hr days and 2x12hr nights then onto 4 days off.

Wage is good for the role.
Pros
Wage
Cons
very good working environment and people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO23 December 2015
a very good company to work with some bump and bruises as with any company but I've learned so much from the company about business and about different kinds of people and how to deal and interact with different situations but a very talented group of people who i enjoy working with every day
Director of IT, North America (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO22 October 2015
Swisslog is a great place to work with very good people. There is a lot of growth potential in the IT group.

I had a the opportunity to travel the world and meet very interesting people while performing important and rewarding work.
Great organization to work.
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA13 June 2015
Provides advanced logistics warehouse processes, techniques, and technologies to advanced organizations with regional-level supply-chain logistics requirements.
Very great company to work for
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA11 June 2015
I really liked Swisslog it a great company to work for. I enjoyed the fast pace environment. The employees are very nice and very patient.
Pros
Fast pace work environment
Cons
Management for IT department is unstable because of mergers.
Manage; perform preventive and corrective maintenance to automated robot
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA4 May 2015
Manage; perform preventive and corrective maintenance to automated robot to provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic supplies throughout hospitals. Provided solutions addressing packaging, labeling, dispensing and storage for inpatient and outpatient pharmacies.
No Life
Field Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 March 2015
Stay away if you value your personal life. You will never have time off, nor will you be able to utilize the vacation or sick leave that they promise you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else.
Learn a lot regarding automotive machines and tube systems
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Site to Site5 March 2015
plenty of time while troubleshoot getting out stuck machines from circuit which is inside. It is hard to access to them and many times i felt i will fall .
Learned more on machinery and how to react and find alternatives to handle on hand issues .
in my 3 years with Swisslog , i started as a technician till getting my role as assistant engineer . Over the year i have gain knowledge on repairing , safety work managing and dealing with client. The toughness part of this job i would say during recontact with client to provide statistics reviews on their systems to management and client .
The things i enjoy most is to discuss ways on improvement on our daily job routine with team mates. To list down those common fault that occurs often on each site to find ways to tackle to them more effectively. Planning Ad-hoc duty roaster to try and meet team individual flexibility.
Cons
Long working hours and high risk at height
Fast-paced work environment that required quick learning
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA31 January 2015
I was required to learn different programming languages quickly. In a typical day, I was given a task with little instruction and expected to solve it. Sometimes the languages and concepts were complicated, but I learned a lot during my time at Swisslog about company management, software development expectations, and what it means to be a programmer in the real world - as apposed to in school.
Transport automatisé
Transition - Directeur de la réalisation (Former Employee) –  PARIS17 December 2013
L'automatisation des transports dans les hôpitaux est un sujet d'avenir, mais d'une complexité rare
Fast pace, busy place to work, but fun and enjoyable people to be around.
Senior Design Analyst - Project manager (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, IL25 October 2013
Swisslog is a great place to work and to grow as an employee. Swisslog has a hands off managerial style that allows flexible hours and this works great for many of the employees in the regional offices. However, you must be a self-starter and must be self-disciplined to succeed.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA23 October 2013
I had a great job, working with great people, and great customers
A great manufacturing company
Customer Support Engineer Tech (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA9 October 2013
Swisslog is a great company to work for if you are just entering in the engineering job force.
An interesting place to work
Incident Response Engineer (Current Employee) –  Virginia27 March 2013
This was an interesting place to work. The clients were great.
Great work place with great co-workers.
Pipe-Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  CO20 March 2013
My duties including the following: laid out, assembled, installed, and maintained pipe systems, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applied knowledge of system operation, and followed blueprints. Inspected work sites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe would not cause structural weakness. Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machines; threaded pipe using pipe threading machine, bended pipe using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine. Connected pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools. Installed and maintained hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools. Installed and maintained refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and followed specifications and blueprints; soldered and brazing of copper pipes. I also ran laws, fork lifts, signaled cranes and other equipment. Each day consisted of different objectves in which I had to complete. My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other complete our daily tasks. The hardest part of the job was knowing when the job was complete, we would have to wait for another job.
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping others complete
  more... there tasks.  less
Pros
great pay.
Cons
no paid holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swisslog. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5