Swisslog

Swisslog Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No Life
Field Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Everything else.
Stay away if you value your personal life. You will never have time off, nor will you be able to utilize the vacation or sick leave that they promise you.
Learn a lot regarding automotive machines and tube systems
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Site to SiteMarch 5, 2015
Cons: Long working hours and high risk at height
plenty of time while troubleshoot getting out stuck machines from circuit which is inside. It is hard to access to them and many times i felt i will fall .
Learned more on machinery and how to react and find alternatives to handle on hand issues .
in my 3 years with Swisslog , i started as a technician till getting my role as assistant engineer . Over the year i have gain knowledge on repairing , safety work managing and dealing with client. The toughness part of this job i would say during recontact with client to provide statistics reviews on their systems to management and client .
The things i enjoy most is to discuss ways on improvement on our daily job routine with team mates. To list down those common fault that occurs often on each site to find ways to tackle to them more effectively. Planning Ad-hoc duty roaster to try and meet team individual flexibility.
Fast-paced work environment that required quick learning
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 31, 2015
I was required to learn different programming languages quickly. In a typical day, I was given a task with little instruction and expected to solve it. Sometimes the languages and concepts were complicated, but I learned a lot during my time at Swisslog about company management, software development expectations, and what it means to be a programmer in the real world - as apposed to in school.
Fast pace, busy place to work, but fun and enjoyable people to be around.
Senior Design Analyst - Project manager (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 25, 2013
Swisslog is a great place to work and to grow as an employee. Swisslog has a hands off managerial style that allows flexible hours and this works great for many of the employees in the regional offices. However, you must be a self-starter and must be self-disciplined to succeed.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 23, 2013
I had a great job, working with great people, and great customers
A great manufacturing company
Customer Support Engineer Tech (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 9, 2013
Swisslog is a great company to work for if you are just entering in the engineering job force.
An interesting place to work
Incident Response Engineer (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 27, 2013
This was an interesting place to work. The clients were great.
Great work place with great co-workers.
Pipe-Fitter/Welder (Former Employee), COMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great pay.
Cons: no paid holidays.
My duties including the following: laid out, assembled, installed, and maintained pipe systems, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applied knowledge of system operation, and followed blueprints. Inspected work sites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe would not cause structural weakness. Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machines; threaded pipe using pipe threading machine, bended pipe using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine. Connected pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools. Installed and maintained hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools. Installed and maintained refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and followed specifications and blueprints; soldered and brazing of copper pipes. I also ran laws, fork lifts, signaled cranes and other equipment. Each day consisted of different objectves in which I had to complete. My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other complete our daily tasks. The hardest part of the job was knowing when the job was complete, we would have to wait for another job.
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping others complete there tasks.
Transport automatisé
Transition - Directeur de la réalisation (Former Employee), PARISDecember 17, 2013
L'automatisation des transports dans les hôpitaux est un sujet d'avenir, mais d'une complexité rare