Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun part time work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: half off of everything
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work included seating and greeting customers. I learned better customer service skills. Management was good and the co-workers were easy to get a long with. With minimum to no drama. The hardest part of working there was pleasing everyone. And what I enjoyed most was seeing each customer leave with a smile on there face.
friendly fun envoiroment
Preparation Cook/Takeout (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 28, 2014
I felt like I was at home working with my team at swiss chalet we where one big happy family, great team work and organization
Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 25, 2014
As a Manager, I have learned to work in a very fast-paced environment and directing employees in providing efficient service and exceptional customer service to guests.
great
Dishwasher / Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), kitsilano vancouver bcNovember 19, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: busy
swiss chalet one of my favorite restaurant,great roasted chiken and it was fun to work there as dishwaser and kitchen helper . the people working in the back and in the front they were all energetic and friendly. when its busy we help each other out so no one will get behind for example there is no plate in the kitchen and i the dishwasher busy cleaning – more... and organizing the durty stuff someone will get the plates to help me out and on the other hand if i am not busy in the dirty kitchen and they need help i help them – less
ty7u
SERVER (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 18, 2014
It was alright.
I got really tired of the owners and the way it was operated
Great workplace environment, Amazing community.
Hostess/Take out/Food Prep/Server (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes people get incredibly ignorant & rude
You come in 10-15 minutes before any shift. Relax wait to clock in, talk to who ever is already there. Catch up with the girls about what's going on. Clock in and start taking tables. Serve your customers to the highest standards, and always with a smile on your face.

I learned how to move up in a company and take up more responsibility. I learned – more... how to believe in myself and that I could really do anything that I had set my mind to.

The people I work with are great! You aren't always going to get along with everyone you happen to come across, for the most part I get along well with everyone just fine.

The hardest part of the job is first starting out serving and learning how to take the occasional abuse that is thrown your way when talking to distraught customers. Of course not every customer is going to have the best time in the world. You can't please everyone, but you can try. It can be rough for the first little bit learning when to keep your mouth shut, but there are times when you need to stand up for yourself.

The most enjoyable part of the job probably has to be when you get those tables with the nicest people possible. You aren't in it for the tip then. You are in it to make their day and make sure they have a great time sitting in your section. If you happen to create a repeat customer then good on you, but if just by being yourself you happened to have made someones day, well that's the best part of my job. – less
Very rude staff
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 7, 2014
Enjoyed the experience that i was given just not the abuse from staff members
nill
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: nill
Cons: nill
Just the good old dishwasher! working helping out being a line cook! working with food Learned a lot about working around people at this time, how things go and move in a work place, that's about it and the manager was not to good to the people and theifs were stealing peoples stuff out of lockers not fun in a work place
decent place to work
Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2014
there was always a lot to do and busy atmosphere but the management was not supportive.
Cold environment but great customers
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
The staff was unorganized and cold toward other employees. The food was good as well as the customers that came to dine in.
Good envoironment to work in
pantry (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short hours
I enjoyed working at swiss chalet , because of the peaceful and Clean environment .
Good quialty of food , good co-workers , and good managers .
Overall it was a good experience.
Fast paced fun environment
Restaurant Operator / Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2014
Dedicated to Quality
Fast paced environment
Dynamic environment
Can be a fun place to work
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Ancaster, OntarioSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: nice food
Cons: low pay
Fun place to work. Meet new people everyday and great food. Great co-workers. Busy place to be
Swiss Chalet
Take Out Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2014
A day at Swiss Chalet always promises fun and challenges. From the time I walk in the door until I leave in the evening I am always on the go. Management is really easy to get along with as are the coworkers. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what my schedule is, and when I do find my hours out they are always inconsistent with the hours – more... I actually do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to put smiles on customers faces. – less
First job experience
Take out staff (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 17, 2014
The Swiss Chalet I worked at was run very differently than I have ever seen any restaurant run. It was busy and did teach me a lot about customer service and keeping up with tasks and how not to stress during a busy time, but the management turnover was higher than the staff turnover, so it felt as though the staff was teaching the managers their job.
Excellent company, great people to work with.
Server (Former Employee), London,ONSeptember 7, 2014
Assisted patrons in finding seats and services.
Utilized strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
Its easy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: not much physical work
Cons: using your own car and own gas
you sit and wait for a delivery, we only get paid $7/hr for delivery drivers with your own car and gas. Usually its not busy during the day, but in the evening it gets hectic and really stressful when you have to take about 4 deliveries at a time and you make it just on the minute. Its harder because you have to make the guarantee time.
Horrible Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
The franchise owners only care about 1 thing, labor cost. Nothing else matters in these workplaces like health and safety and compliance with any sort of laws either.

No WHIMIS training was given too the staff so unsafe chemical usage common. Staff would mop the dining room area with oven cleaner, so every guest that came into the restaurant was exposed – more... too/walking on oven cleaner. It got so bad that at one point every single kitchen staff member had skin rashes from the unsafe chemical use. If you complained about it too management they would just cut your hours.

Franchise owners make you falsify all the HACCAP food safety logs. Also if food was expired we had too peel off the expiration date stickers and put on new ones saying the food is good for another few days.

Canadian food inspection agency advertising rules have no effect here. They advertise the chicken as being fresh and cooked for 90 minutes, this is a total lie. At night they just pull cooked chicken spits out of the oven and put it back in the fridge. In the morning they are just put back in the oven. Same with the ribs being advertised as being marinated 24hours, most of the time the ribs come in frozen an hour before they are cooked.

The most disgusting thing of all were the deep fryers, every day at every restaurant they are supposed too be drained/filtered and cleaned out. Not here thou, deep fryers were NEVER filtered or cleaned out.

At this company, they will always put there own personal financial gain ahead of the health and safety of there own guests and associates. – less

September 10, 2014

The Temporary Foreign Workers at these workplaces also use mobbing/bullying against Canadian workers to make them quit. By doing so the Temporary Foreign Workers get too stay in the country long enough too get Permanent Residence.

Fun workplace, great co workers, productive , great atmosphere
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discount on food, awesome people
I was a hostess/server at swiss chalet I was seating and greeting customers , serving customers , taking orders, getting their meals, cleaning tables, I had a great expereince at this workplace It was one of my favorite jobs. great people to work with and managers were great also.
Productive and fun work place.
Kitchen Staff / Takeout (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals while working, 20%off when not working.
Cons: cranky costemers
A typical day at work would be operating the fryers. From this job i have learned how impotent food safety is. Management at Swiss is amazing they get to know you as you also get to know them. My co-workers at Swiss are great people as everyone has there off days from time to time it like we're one big family. The hardest part of the job would have – more... to be that one guest that doesn't have patients to wait. – less

1 2 3 4 5