Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
un clean
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
worked with people who didnt have any manners or seems clean it clearly represent the company in a bad way.
rude environment
Fun work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment, great people to serve and work with
Cons: Shut Down
Was able to work take-out, in the kitchen, as a hostess and server. It was one of the best places i worked and learned and developed new skills
great co-workers.
o Training and assisting new members of our staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: having more hands on experience with kids.
Cons: conflicted with my other part-time job.
i looked forward to working there everyday due to the fact that all my co-workers were not only supportive but also had a great team work attitude which i really appreciated.
Fast pace energetic place with the oppotunity to meet new and amazing people on a daily base
Hostess/Food prep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
Cons: discruntal guests
It's never the same from 1 day to the next. Some days are slow and you can take extra time seating and conversing with guest while other days are too busy and the one on one conversation are limited. I am constantly learning new things about the food industry and serving the public. While it's impossible to please everyone, knowing that you have made someone's day makes my job so much better. We have a great management team who will always go the extra mile for the guest. I work with a great team. We are always on the same wave of energy making our working environment a home away from home. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy. I am a worker and like to keep busy. Standing around doing nothing is not my cup of tea. I love knowing that at the end of the day I have made a different in someone's life. Whether it be a guest or co-worker, it's a nice feeling knowing that your action has had a positive effect on someone.
Okay for starting food industry
part-time hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
Very drama filled and hectic. Everyone is friendly but its best to keep to yourself. Kitchen staff were decent, and foh staff was too. Pay was not so good, and theres not a lot of room for advancement. Hours are weird and you always find yourself covering for other people.
productive environment, no job security, average managment
Bartender (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 6, 2015
- great co-workers
- productive working environment
- excellent problem solving skills
- no job securty or advancements
- no benefits

Great experience at Swiss Chalet, the employees were fantastic. Management was good, with some minor flaws.
Great food
Line Cook (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2015
Nice place to eat. The kitchen where I worked was very clean and well maintained as well as the dining area. I learned a lot working there.
Welcoming workplace, friendly environment
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Price reduced lunch
Cons: Not enough hours
It is a good pace to work at, the people are great and so is the food they serve there. A typical day at work is usually normal paced, it only got busy from 6-7 pm but usually it's a calm job. I learned how to use a dish washing machine, how to take people's orders.The hardest part of the job is closing because you can never tell when you're going to finish, it all depends on how busy the shift was.
The Worst.
Takeout clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
The managers are rude and very disrespectful. I was so happy to leave that place of work. Nobody was willing to train me properly then complained and got mad when I got something wrong.
Productive and a good environment
Take out (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: no cons
I learned how to work with customers, use the cash register, and multi-task at a fast pace. My co-workers are friendly and out going and we can work as a team. Most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of orders to fulfill.
Line Chef (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 8, 2015
I learned what it is like to work in a fast pace environment. The pay could have been better for the amount of work that was asked to do on a regular bases.
Swiss Chalet
Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great staff great management and a very fast paced environment.

I was a line cook and all the people made me feel like family while i was there both inside and outside work
Fast-paced team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Kanata, OntarioJune 7, 2015
Pros: I am never bored
Cons: No life balance
My typical day is 10 hours long, however, I can/am called when I am not at work to help the other Managers/Supervisors to deal with problems that come up or because the alarm has gone off.
I am the only Manager on duty until the evening manager comes on. I spend my day checking equipment, food quality and service quality, placing orders, taking care of any administrative tasks during the quiet times and talking to guests with complaints or compliments.
The new ownership and General Manager are very nice and do care about their business. We can always get in touch with them if we need them, otherwise, we are entrusted with the business.
The majority of my co-workers are young and it's their first time working. I have learned how to relate to them and we both benefit from that. They are a fun group!
The hardest part of my job is prioritizing what's going on at the time and what needs to be done. Things can change in a moment. I may be putting in an order and have to stop to go and deal with a complaint or a broken piece of equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is a social side. I had been there for 5 years, left for 2 because of the ownership and I returned when the new ownership came in. The business had really declined with the old ownership and we have built it back up in the last year and a half. Word of mouth has spread that it has improved and the old regulars are glad to see me back. It's like visitors dropping by my house!
great place to work
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2015
loved working at this swiss chalet, lovely staff and great customers. if I ever moved back to the area I would go back for sure.
Fun and Profiting workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2015
Working as a team, to ensure every guest has a great experience was our everyday goal. Great management team and lots of amazing co workers. Hardest part of the job is time management and ensuring you get to every table as much as possible. The most enjoyable part was the socializing with guests and co workers getting to know people and making them have a great day.
good
HOSTESS/ WAITRESS (Current Employee), markham, onMay 20, 2015
good, nice people. good tips on a good day. overall enjoyed working there , hope to work at another restaurant again in the future
Great flexibility for a student.
Waitress (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good tips, happy staff
Cons: Difficult to have shifts covered
This job is great for students in university. The weekends are very busy because there are few family restaurants in Airdrie. There isn't time to stand around, you're always doing something and there's always a task that needs to be done. In the time that I've been here I've learned how to effectively manage my time, make great use of my memory for menu items and how to work and communicate with a large team of people. I have also learned some safe food handling practices. My co-workers and I are all hard working, we all must do what we can to keep the floor running smoothly. We don't often replace our waitresses, we all know each other really well, it's nice to have staff that doesn't turn over. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm if the kitchen is having troubles organizing, as much as we have a great team, some days are better than others. I enjoy the fact that I get to work with people that I like and the customer base is fun as well. We offer good deals for food and we service a wide range of people. I enjoy the fact that we are a family restaurants and promote children in our workplace. I am a fan of children.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 19, 2015
Although it is very fast paced, it is a wonderful place to work and you learn to adapt to the fast pace while working as a team
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: negative customers
very fun
enjoyed working every day
learned to be a team player
hardest part of the job ? there is no hard part when you enjoy working
Learning Opportunity
Hostess (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts, enjoyable employers
Cons: Short hours
Since Swiss Chalet was my first job, I had high expectations. The work hours were minimal (2-3 hours) and it was only on the weekends. However my employers and co workers were incredible to work with and I had an overall enjoyable experience working with Swiss Chalet

1 2 3 4 5