Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a good environment
Take out (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: no cons
I learned how to work with customers, use the cash register, and multi-task at a fast pace. My co-workers are friendly and out going and we can work as a team. Most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of orders to fulfill.
Line Chef (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 8, 2015
I learned what it is like to work in a fast pace environment. The pay could have been better for the amount of work that was asked to do on a regular bases.
Swiss Chalet
Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great staff great management and a very fast paced environment.

I was a line cook and all the people made me feel like family while i was there both inside and outside work
Fast-paced team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Kanata, OntarioJune 7, 2015
Pros: I am never bored
Cons: No life balance
My typical day is 10 hours long, however, I can/am called when I am not at work to help the other Managers/Supervisors to deal with problems that come up or because the alarm has gone off.
I am the only Manager on duty until the evening manager comes on. I spend my day checking equipment, food quality and service quality, placing orders, taking care of any administrative tasks during the quiet times and talking to guests with complaints or compliments.
The new ownership and General Manager are very nice and do care about their business. We can always get in touch with them if we need them, otherwise, we are entrusted with the business.
The majority of my co-workers are young and it's their first time working. I have learned how to relate to them and we both benefit from that. They are a fun group!
The hardest part of my job is prioritizing what's going on at the time and what needs to be done. Things can change in a moment. I may be putting in an order and have to stop to go and deal with a complaint or a broken piece of equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is a social side. I had been there for 5 years, left for 2 because of the ownership and I returned when the new ownership came in. The business had really declined with the old ownership and we have built it back up in the last year and a half. Word of mouth has spread that it has improved and the old regulars are glad to see me back. It's like visitors dropping by my house!
great place to work
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2015
loved working at this swiss chalet, lovely staff and great customers. if I ever moved back to the area I would go back for sure.
Fun and Profiting workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2015
Working as a team, to ensure every guest has a great experience was our everyday goal. Great management team and lots of amazing co workers. Hardest part of the job is time management and ensuring you get to every table as much as possible. The most enjoyable part was the socializing with guests and co workers getting to know people and making them have a great day.
good
HOSTESS/ WAITRESS (Current Employee), markham, onMay 20, 2015
good, nice people. good tips on a good day. overall enjoyed working there , hope to work at another restaurant again in the future
Great flexibility for a student.
Waitress (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good tips, happy staff
Cons: Difficult to have shifts covered
This job is great for students in university. The weekends are very busy because there are few family restaurants in Airdrie. There isn't time to stand around, you're always doing something and there's always a task that needs to be done. In the time that I've been here I've learned how to effectively manage my time, make great use of my memory for menu items and how to work and communicate with a large team of people. I have also learned some safe food handling practices. My co-workers and I are all hard working, we all must do what we can to keep the floor running smoothly. We don't often replace our waitresses, we all know each other really well, it's nice to have staff that doesn't turn over. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm if the kitchen is having troubles organizing, as much as we have a great team, some days are better than others. I enjoy the fact that I get to work with people that I like and the customer base is fun as well. We offer good deals for food and we service a wide range of people. I enjoy the fact that we are a family restaurants and promote children in our workplace. I am a fan of children.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 19, 2015
Although it is very fast paced, it is a wonderful place to work and you learn to adapt to the fast pace while working as a team
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: negative customers
very fun
enjoyed working every day
learned to be a team player
hardest part of the job ? there is no hard part when you enjoy working
Learning Opportunity
Hostess (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts, enjoyable employers
Cons: Short hours
Since Swiss Chalet was my first job, I had high expectations. The work hours were minimal (2-3 hours) and it was only on the weekends. However my employers and co workers were incredible to work with and I had an overall enjoyable experience working with Swiss Chalet
productive and fun
Waitress (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 10, 2015
Pros: meet lots of different people, 50% off your meals
Cons: short hours
A day at Swiss Chalet you go in sign in and great and seat guest take there order and then do ur clean up what I learned is to deal with a fast paced environment and customer service management was ok they were a little mean and unprofessional I loved all my coworkers the hardest part were the very busy and long shifts the most enjoyable part was meeting new people every shift and my regular customers
Well rounded
KITCHEN CREW (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 10, 2015
Everybody played their part in the kitchen and worked together well as a team to get everything done. Very helpful managers.
fun place to work and you get good work experience
Line cook as well as chicken cook (Former Employee), Stone road Swiss chaletMay 7, 2015
Pros: great work envirnment
Cons: short shifts
my job duties at Swiss chalet are too load chicken ovens with spits, make gravy, soups, buns and other oven related food item. I also have to clean all my ovens i use that night along with my chicken fridge and source pot.
Decent job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free leftovers
Cons: sometimes a late night
It was easy to learn. Your always moving, and the co workers are friendly, Management is okay they usually help you close so that you can both get out earlier. The pay is good for what you do. And they cover a good amount for your working shoes.
Great
Server (Former Employee), Terminal 3 Pearson AirportApril 23, 2015
I love the Food and the menu is always improving!!!!!! Great over all menu and the chicken is great and so is the burgers and Pasta.
Productive.
Take-Out/Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Bradford OntarioApril 16, 2015
Very fast paced, and busy is your typical day when it came to Swiss Chalet and McDonalds. Hardest part of the job is when it got super busy but that was also the most enjoyable part.
Host
Food Hostess (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
greet and seat guests
cleaning duties while on shift
help servers bus tables
cut servers when needed
be courteous and friendly
Great place to work if you love clothes
Store Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 9, 2015
On a typical day I would open the store, make sure it was ready for customers and sell clothes. I would give great customer experience and see many return customers.
Unfitting roles
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
as a individual I seek the take lead in as many ways possible. Working here, it was hard for me to do so since I was constantly being told that the way I was taught was wrong by another then taught a different way just to find out it was still "wrong". Than again most of the team members I worked with usually sided with the way I did things.

1 2 3 4 5