Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Paced
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job was the hours. It was salary and I would work minimum 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. Some days I would work over 12 hours and it was a hardship on my family.
Fun and Great place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winona, ONJune 17, 2016
Amazing place to work, lots of opportunities to go places, unfortunately near the end of my job some new waitresses were hired and weren't very friendly to the hostesses. That and the schedule conflicting with my school made me say goodbye.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
4 Hour shifts that conflicted with school... Everyday...
quality employees eager to improve service
Supervisor- Guest Experience Training
 (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2016
Lunch and supper rush kept things interesting between †hen was downtime in which emphasis was placed on cleaning and upkeep. At Swiss Chalet we learn team work and communication skills we grew our selves daily and met challenges together. Management was very quick to prevent and resolve issues among staff. Unpleasant employees would get coaching from management and either become compliant or leave, drama was avoided. The hardest part of the job unique to the SC on Innes was the improvising that had to be done when we had mechanical failures( previous owner didn't follow up with maintenance). The heart of the restaurant was always surging with energy and harmonious teamwork. And it was the shared integrity to keep a healthy workplace that kept everyone happy to grow in the work place and beyond.
Pros
discounted staff meals, promotion opportunity, drama free
Cons
appliances, scammers
Fun place to work at
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
I am a server at work so it can get stressful at times but overall the staff is very friendly and i really enjoy working here.
Pros
the discount i get on food
Cons
sometimes i feel im not making enough for what i do
Fun work place
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Fun place to work and lot of new things to learn. I do alot of training its always nice to train new people and gather their ideas
Productive, and fun kitchen job with great co workers
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 3, 2016
a typical day at work consisted of preparing and cooking meal for families, I learned alot about the positions I worked such as fryer, and grill. my supervisor was great and a really nice person. my manager was very understanding, respectable and kind hearted. my co workers were all great and very helpful.
Busy family restaurant
Hostess & Server Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Swiss Chalet is a fun family restaurant with a great atmosphere and a killer staff discount. A lot of very pleasant customers and co-workers
Amazing
Server/ Bartender/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
Felt like I was working with family, always a happy place to walk into work. Loved ever thing and everyone . I would love to work there however there wasn't enough hours
Simultaneously Relaxed and Stressful
Open Cook/Night Cook/Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 25, 2016
Typical day would start at 8am. The day end would range anywhere from 4pm to 9pm. The work load was consistently heavy. However, you typically find a "groove" where things start to get done on time. I learned how to prep for a kitchen as well as improved my time management skills. Co-workers were welcoming and kept the place light but job satisfaction was at an all time low for many of the staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inconsistent management. Save for 1 or 2 who were friendly and helpful towards staff, the management quality would change from day to day leaving most employee's unsure of what to expect for any given day. The most enjoyable part of the job would be both the job security and the co-workers.
Pros
Work Hours, Friendly, Informative, Team Oriented
Cons
Inconsistant Management/Scheduling
Great people to work with, management is awesome
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 20, 2016
My co-workers are always friendly and very helpful as I am still new to the team. I always get to learn new things about the company and how things are done around the restaurant. Customers are like anywhere else, some days are better then others but I always leave with a smile on my face as the people I work with and myself try to make the best out of a bad situation.
Pros
Food is great
Cons
Not enough hours
day at work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMay 16, 2016
it is very upbeat and a wonderful place to work. the management is awesome and very accommodating. it is hard work but satisfying
Pros
great manegment and atmosphere
Cons
hard work
Fun, positive environment
Take out (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 16, 2016
Very amazing place to work due to everyone being very friendly and the work is not too hard or demanding. The managers work with your school schedule when giving you shifts because they believe that school is very important.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Cons
not enough hours
Easy, fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 15, 2016
Hostessing is one of my favourite jobs. Its fun to be able to meet different people. The management was very unproffesional, but I loved working with different kids of people.
Pros
Free dinners
Takeout (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 13, 2016
Great coworkers. Stressful at times. Typically closed. Sometimes I would be asked to fill in for the pantry staff which would be pouring alcoholic beverages.
Server at Newmarket location
Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 10, 2016
Zero training provided. I was hired as fulltime but in the month and a half that I was there I was only getting good two 3 hour shifts a week.

Management doesn't communicate well with staff. Schedule were always late being posted and would be changed without notice.

Horrible experience!!!
Pros
Other staff were nice
Cons
Lack of training, professionalism, no hours and mangement is terrible
Good place with good people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 7, 2016
A typical day is usually busy, what I have learned here is how to be respectful and always follow the rules. The management is very good, my co workers are the best they help me when things get to tough to handle by yourself. The hardest part about it is the customers. the most enjoyable part is getting everything done the way it should be.
Fast pase and fun
Server and takeout clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 5, 2016
a typical day working at swiss chalet is very quick and busy. I learned how to do things very fast, and efficiently, to make sure to always keep the customers satisfied and wanting to come back. The management is great, sometimes it would take some time to talk to a manager only because there were other issues that needed to be resolved. The coworkers were a big swiss family. Everyone helped eachother. Whether it was with cleaning, or bringing food out to the tables. Whatever needed to be done next, whoever was around just did it without anyone having to ask, which was very nice to get help when things got hectic. The hardest part of the job, at first, was keeping up with all the orders and making sure not to mix them up (give someone the wrong order) and by the end it was hard not to eat the chicken! The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy and moving around because that always makes time fly by!
Pros
Large discount on the food
Cons
Weekends got pretty messy
Fun & easy place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2016
fun, easy, and friendly environment to work. if youre looking to grow as a person as well as meet amazing people. this is a great place to be.
Productive, simple and nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I learned lots of things for this was my first job, I learned how to properly interact and communicate with customers. My managers taught me how to have a strong work ethic and appreciated me.
very energenic and very busy
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 3, 2016
typical day is somewhat busy around dinner time, it can get very busy. The training is all done online so you wont get any actual hands on training you'll just get someone showing how to do it once or twice then they will leave you alone
Pros
free soda
Cons
no training