Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Swiss Chalet
Take Out Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2014
A day at Swiss Chalet always promises fun and challenges. From the time I walk in the door until I leave in the evening I am always on the go. Management is really easy to get along with as are the coworkers. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what my schedule is, and when I do find my hours out they are always inconsistent with the hours – more... I actually do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to put smiles on customers faces. – less
First job experience
Take out staff (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 17, 2014
The Swiss Chalet I worked at was run very differently than I have ever seen any restaurant run. It was busy and did teach me a lot about customer service and keeping up with tasks and how not to stress during a busy time, but the management turnover was higher than the staff turnover, so it felt as though the staff was teaching the managers their job.
Excellent company, great people to work with.
Server (Former Employee), London,ONSeptember 7, 2014
Assisted patrons in finding seats and services.
Utilized strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
Its easy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: not much physical work
Cons: using your own car and own gas
you sit and wait for a delivery, we only get paid $7/hr for delivery drivers with your own car and gas. Usually its not busy during the day, but in the evening it gets hectic and really stressful when you have to take about 4 deliveries at a time and you make it just on the minute. Its harder because you have to make the guarantee time.
Horrible Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
The franchise owners only care about 1 thing, labor cost. Nothing else matters in these workplaces like health and safety and compliance with any sort of laws either.

No WHIMIS training was given too the staff so unsafe chemical usage common. Staff would mop the dining room area with oven cleaner, so every guest that came into the restaurant was exposed – more... too/walking on oven cleaner. It got so bad that at one point every single kitchen staff member had skin rashes from the unsafe chemical use. If you complained about it too management they would just cut your hours.

Franchise owners make you falsify all the HACCAP food safety logs. Also if food was expired we had too peel off the expiration date stickers and put on new ones saying the food is good for another few days.

Canadian food inspection agency advertising rules have no effect here. They advertise the chicken as being fresh and cooked for 90 minutes, this is a total lie. At night they just pull cooked chicken spits out of the oven and put it back in the fridge. In the morning they are just put back in the oven. Same with the ribs being advertised as being marinated 24hours, most of the time the ribs come in frozen an hour before they are cooked.

The most disgusting thing of all were the deep fryers, every day at every restaurant they are supposed too be drained/filtered and cleaned out. Not here thou, deep fryers were NEVER filtered or cleaned out.

At this company, they will always put there own personal financial gain ahead of the health and safety of there own guests and associates. – less

September 10, 2014

The Temporary Foreign Workers at these workplaces also use mobbing/bullying against Canadian workers to make them quit. By doing so the Temporary Foreign Workers get too stay in the country long enough too get Permanent Residence.

Fun workplace, great co workers, productive , great atmosphere
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discount on food, awesome people
I was a hostess/server at swiss chalet I was seating and greeting customers , serving customers , taking orders, getting their meals, cleaning tables, I had a great expereince at this workplace It was one of my favorite jobs. great people to work with and managers were great also.
Productive and fun work place.
Kitchen Staff / Takeout (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals while working, 20%off when not working.
Cons: cranky costemers
A typical day at work would be operating the fryers. From this job i have learned how impotent food safety is. Management at Swiss is amazing they get to know you as you also get to know them. My co-workers at Swiss are great people as everyone has there off days from time to time it like we're one big family. The hardest part of the job would have – more... to be that one guest that doesn't have patients to wait. – less
fun place to work with a few rough edges
Hostess (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: poor management
swiss chalet was a fun place to work. however, management was poor due to the fact of inexperience.
i had so much fun
Dishwasher/cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 22, 2014
Pros: something i love to do
Cons: there are no cons
the people i worked with worked as a team and professional very good work environment and the bosses cared about your concerns and the work place was just great
Waitress
Customer Service
preparing food
Fast paced Busy environment
Server (Former Employee), keele and st.clairAugust 8, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours not to flexible
Friendly environment, was able to gain a leadership role, I trained some co workers.
easy going, hard working senior friendly
Server (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEAugust 3, 2014
Pros: reasonable hours, efficient work, clean, possible gratuities
Cons: insecure hours, gratuities depend on weather, events and tourists
Management consists of 4 wonderful people, always willing to help or lend a hand or piece of advice. The boss is very organized and has an enormous amount of pride for what he does and what he sees in his restaurant.
The coworkers are great, sometimes cliquy (as are most Island places) but overall someone will genuinely comment on something that will – more... make your day.
Go to work, start your shift, work your tush off until your shift is done. Non stop hard work. – less
Steady and exciting place to be a part of.
Mid-line/cook (Current Employee), Keswick, OntAugust 3, 2014
Pros: discounts on food and i can make it myself, how i like it.
Cons: not enough hours (not enough financial income)
A typical day at work, lots of people start coming in for dinner and that's when it would be the busiest, dinner time. i learned that from this job you have to be very organized and able to work under pressure, also you have to be quick on your feet, to be able to come up with solutions fast. My co-workers were mostly all good people but the one thing – more... i learned while working there is that you have to be a team player and work well with anyone no matter how much you like or dislike them. The hardest part of working at Swiss Chalet would have to be weekends when there are so many associates working, because its always so crowded and it is hard to do anything with so many people in the kitchen. The thing i loved most about this job is that I was aloud to be so social with everyone and talk to people alot. – less
just ask me
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 2, 2014
i did learn a about management helping customer and taking phone call and setting up files and work harder and work like team work friendly respectably. I am been working company cara 14 years . i am just looking for something different and more payment full time.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
A great place to have lunch or dinner with your family and friends. I enjoyed working there a lot.
Loved it! Great management, hours etc
Server (Former Employee), BurlingtonJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discount meals, great management, fun
Cons: busy, chaotic at times, late nights
I absolutely loved working at Swiss.
All of my coworkers were kind, friendly, and we had a lot of fun on the job. My managers were also kind, and always very professional. Although very workplace has some drama now and then, I never had a problem with any of my coworkers.
The hours were great- no early mornings, and the night shifts were bareable. I – more... had no problem getting lots of work.
The location was always busy, so there was always lots to do. Things were never boring. – less
Fun but Professional
Take-Out Team Member (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the people that work there are great
Cons: the shifts are too short
Swiss Chalet is a great place to work. It is fun but professional at the same time. We are busy most of the time and all work together as a team wonderfully. However, when it is not busy we make sure to keep up with cleaning and maintaining a healthy work environment for all. I did not find anything to be hard about this job because we all worked greatly – more... as a team and we all had our own strengths and weaknesses and worked around them. The most enjoyable part of the job was building friendships with my team members; I will never forget the great times I had there and I will take the experience with me to further employment. I have enjoyed my experience there but, I am looking for a job that is in my field of choice. – less
Enjoyable Job
General helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 23, 2014
In Swish Chalet we all work as a team to get everything done in a safe manner. I learned to stay patient and satisfy the customers. My Co-workers the best Co-workers that's all i have to say. The most enjoyable part of the job, is getting the work done.
UNREAL TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Server (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 22, 2014
VERYYYY BAD MANAGEMENT. Very fast paced. On my second training shift as a server EVER, i was condescended and eyerolled and snubbed by the owner and manager. They expect perfection on the first night. They were fake, often calling you sweetie and hun, until you made a mistake or didnt reach your upselling quota, then you were the scum of the restaurant. – more... The manager and owner were both loose cannons, loosing their cool and raising their voices over the stupidest things and yelling at you infront of you tables....SUPER UNPROFESSIONL. – less
Negative work environment - no positive reinforcement to do the job
Off premise (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: decent pay, simple enough work
Cons: negative work environment, lack of training, poor management
I only worked at Swiss Chalet for two weeks as an Off Premise worker. My job involved packaging and preparing orders for customers (ex. filling sauce containers, informing cooks of what I needed prepared for the order). The reason I quit after two weeks was because I was only being told by my manager that I wasn't fast enough or doing the job properly, – more... and lack of training. I was not being spoken to in a kind manner and I felt like I wasn't appreciated enough to do my job. I was told that "I didn't have to work here if I didn't want to" and when I spoke with them about the lack of training, that "that is not an excuse". I realize it was my first job but I don't appreciate being treated in such a way and when I go to work I expect to feel that I am wanted. Overall, the work itself wasn't bad, it was the management. – less

1 2 3 4 5