Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Loved it
Takeout (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 August 2017
Good place to work fun employees flexible times
Good food nice customers and you always have something to do to keep you busy and to help out
Really enjoyed my boss she was great
Fun work place but not the most organized
Take-out Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 August 2017
There was a really fun and welcoming workplace with friendly people and tons of learning opportunities. However the dining room management is mess and most of the work initiatives are done by the staff themselves without any instruction from the management team. It is a good starting place job or to get experience but not for too long.
Pros
60% off foods
Cons
long hours and lack of management
Fun place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 August 2017
Good company with strict rules. Staff is always supportive. Great managers. Fun environment. Mostly regular customers.Good tip wise. Perfect discounts for staff at work and at all CARA restaurants.
Fun Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 August 2017
The staff made it really fun, and the management were really nice. It was just tedious work to do everyday. It is a good place to work while you are in school
Bus Boy
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 August 2017
As a bus boy I would be responsible in the kitchen to clean the floors, tables, dishes, and to package food in containers.

I learned how to memorize different type of meals and what goes together with, learned how to package quickly, etc.
Pros
Good hours, good break
Friendly place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 August 2017
My work is frustrating because quite often I come in for my shift but because not busy I am most often sent home. Enjoy working in customer service and the people I work with.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Good starter Job
CASHIER/HOSTESS/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 August 2017
Never had any problems working here great people and it suited as a first time job. Evening and weekend hours. Busy so shifts went by fast and tips were decent.
Management and team were great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 August 2017
Good place to work. Dishwashing was okay, tedious and boring at times, and if you weren't careful it could cause your skin to become irritated because of the work environment.
Fun family but no room to grow
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 August 2017
No room to grow with the company. Worked extremely hard without raises or rewards. Would also not pay for overtime, sick days or any missed hours. Did not treat employees as humans.
Fast-paced, but rewarding work environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON31 July 2017
Working for such a large, busy restaurant can be stressful but it can also be rewarding. It provides servers with more experience, lots of learning opportunities and a payout at the end of the week. I personally love my coworkers and appreciate how much we help each other out.
Pros
Discount, easy menu
Cons
lots of pressure
Straight forward kitchen but the people make it worth it
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 July 2017
This job offered me plenty of experience in a kitchen whether it be cooking or cleaning but the work is not a "dream job" by any standards. The real diamond here is the staff, everyone is so friendly and playful and love to joke around.
Pros
Free food and great friendships
Cons
Long stressful hours
motivating and challenging
Main Line Chef (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 July 2017
A typical day at Swiss Chalet is quite Challenging as I work mostly on the days when it is very busy. The team I work with are highly motivated individuals who know exactly what they are doing. It is sometimes hard to deal with some individuals but the management is mostly supportive and understanding. The salary is not great but it is worth working as they pay more than the minimum at least.
Pros
60% off on food
Cons
over employed thus few hours.
Low pay and few hours, friendly staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 July 2017
While working at Swiss Chalet, I met many people that I liked and enjoyed working with. However, the hours and pay were sub-par.
The shifts were long and could be stressful and brakes were rarely given.
Easy but can be physically demanding.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
I held a management position for a little while but the job as a line cook can be physically and mentally exhausting especially during peak hours and shifts can be all day. However, I always enjoyed when the entire team worked together to be as efficient and effective as possible. Management can be hit or miss depending on who you talk to but generally they want to ensure the well being of their employees as well as the business itself.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a consistent pace and working in sync with other team members.
The most enjoyable part of the job was always working collectively with other team members for a successful service.
Pros
Very team oriented environment, decent staff discounts
Cons
Long hours which can be both physically and mentally exhausting.
Good for students
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 July 2017
Good but dirty workplace. Management wasn't professional but was fun. Good part time job for students. Have to be able to work with hot tempurature!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, dirty
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
To work from home is nice
Due to low payment per order not a high pay
I took a lot of calls but didn't make minimum wage
Left as my computer could no longer connect to the internet.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Low pay
Working from home
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Easy paste of working from home. Taking orders for the restaurant either delivery or pick up. Doing self installation of the program. Processing orders and escalating calls to customer service department.
High rank customers. Low rate of returns and free delivery orders. Best quality of food.
Pros
Working from home. Friendly software
Fun group of people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 July 2017
Swiss Chalet was a great introduction to working in a restaurant setting. The staff were great but the management was not. I found it hard to make ends meat.
Pros
Free soup
Cons
Wasn't able to work day shift
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
I loved working here because of my coworkers. Everyone grew to be like my second family. Pretty straight forward work, considering it's a restaurant. Not much space to grow and advance within the company.
decent workplace with cheerful employees
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON12 July 2017
I was a hostess and it was a good steady job looking out for the customers, however the problem was that there was not many shifts schedualed per week, also short hours, as well as only getting paid minimum wage and unusual of getting a raise. poor management skills and unreasonable
Cons
short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9