Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing
Server/ Bartender/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
Felt like I was working with family, always a happy place to walk into work. Loved ever thing and everyone . I would love to work there however there wasn't enough hours
Simultaneously Relaxed and Stressful
Open Cook/Night Cook/Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 25, 2016
Typical day would start at 8am. The day end would range anywhere from 4pm to 9pm. The work load was consistently heavy. However, you typically find a "groove" where things start to get done on time. I learned how to prep for a kitchen as well as improved my time management skills. Co-workers were welcoming and kept the place light but job satisfaction was at an all time low for many of the staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inconsistent management. Save for 1 or 2 who were friendly and helpful towards staff, the management quality would change from day to day leaving most employee's unsure of what to expect for any given day. The most enjoyable part of the job would be both the job security and the co-workers.
Pros
Work Hours, Friendly, Informative, Team Oriented
Cons
Inconsistant Management/Scheduling
Great people to work with, management is awesome
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 20, 2016
My co-workers are always friendly and very helpful as I am still new to the team. I always get to learn new things about the company and how things are done around the restaurant. Customers are like anywhere else, some days are better then others but I always leave with a smile on my face as the people I work with and myself try to make the best out of a bad situation.
Pros
Food is great
Cons
Not enough hours
day at work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMay 16, 2016
it is very upbeat and a wonderful place to work. the management is awesome and very accommodating. it is hard work but satisfying
Pros
great manegment and atmosphere
Cons
hard work
Fun, positive environment
Take out (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 16, 2016
Very amazing place to work due to everyone being very friendly and the work is not too hard or demanding. The managers work with your school schedule when giving you shifts because they believe that school is very important.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Cons
not enough hours
Easy, fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 15, 2016
Hostessing is one of my favourite jobs. Its fun to be able to meet different people. The management was very unproffesional, but I loved working with different kids of people.
Pros
Free dinners
Takeout (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 13, 2016
Great coworkers. Stressful at times. Typically closed. Sometimes I would be asked to fill in for the pantry staff which would be pouring alcoholic beverages.
Server at Newmarket location
Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 10, 2016
Zero training provided. I was hired as fulltime but in the month and a half that I was there I was only getting good two 3 hour shifts a week.

Management doesn't communicate well with staff. Schedule were always late being posted and would be changed without notice.

Horrible experience!!!
Pros
Other staff were nice
Cons
Lack of training, professionalism, no hours and mangement is terrible
Good place with good people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 7, 2016
A typical day is usually busy, what I have learned here is how to be respectful and always follow the rules. The management is very good, my co workers are the best they help me when things get to tough to handle by yourself. The hardest part about it is the customers. the most enjoyable part is getting everything done the way it should be.
Fast pase and fun
Server and takeout clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 5, 2016
a typical day working at swiss chalet is very quick and busy. I learned how to do things very fast, and efficiently, to make sure to always keep the customers satisfied and wanting to come back. The management is great, sometimes it would take some time to talk to a manager only because there were other issues that needed to be resolved. The coworkers were a big swiss family. Everyone helped eachother. Whether it was with cleaning, or bringing food out to the tables. Whatever needed to be done next, whoever was around just did it without anyone having to ask, which was very nice to get help when things got hectic. The hardest part of the job, at first, was keeping up with all the orders and making sure not to mix them up (give someone the wrong order) and by the end it was hard not to eat the chicken! The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy and moving around because that always makes time fly by!
Pros
Large discount on the food
Cons
Weekends got pretty messy
Fun & easy place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2016
fun, easy, and friendly environment to work. if youre looking to grow as a person as well as meet amazing people. this is a great place to be.
Productive, simple and nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I learned lots of things for this was my first job, I learned how to properly interact and communicate with customers. My managers taught me how to have a strong work ethic and appreciated me.
very energenic and very busy
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 3, 2016
typical day is somewhat busy around dinner time, it can get very busy. The training is all done online so you wont get any actual hands on training you'll just get someone showing how to do it once or twice then they will leave you alone
Pros
free soda
Cons
no training
Great first job experience
Hostess/Take-out Staff/Expo-Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONMay 2, 2016
This job allowed me to improve in all my skills including communication and quick thinking skills. The environment is very welcoming and teamwork is quite strong.
Intense, Exciting and Stressful Work Place
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 26, 2016
Every day I come into work about 30 minutes early and begin right away. I have learn what it takes to work in a restaurant. That I must be quick on my feet and be able to memorize short orders and long orders. How to plate food properly and how to work in a safe and clean environment.

There is always someone to talk to when business is slow and there's always something to do. (Cleaning, prepping, etc...) However Management sometimes gets overly stress and puts to much pressure on the employees. Understandable, yet unnecessary at times for there usually isn't much to worry about and they flip on any minor issue though it's a quick fix and they make a big deal out of it.

Despite this they are easy to talk to and can hold decent conversation at times.
Pros
I can work with food and I get most of the hours I ask for
Cons
Change schedules at the last minute, sometimes not enough days off, pay isn't enough to survive on alone
productive and fun
fryer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 25, 2016
learning experience for beginners
interesting staff in the kitchen time to time
a lot of work to do around the kitchen
good pay
Pros
discount on meals
Incredible coworkers
Server/Hostess/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 21, 2016
My coworkers are what make me love my job.
Management is poor at my location.
A typical day is to come to work, punch in ten minutes early if your section has been sat. If not, you sometimes sit for up to a half an hour without being on the clock waiting for a table to be sat in your section. Once sat, I greet every table with a friendly hello and my name is. I serve them food/beverages making sure their satisfied on all accounts. Take their payment and wish them well. Once supper rush slows down I am to clean my section and assigned cleaning duties in the kitchen and punch out. Repeat.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Management
Good
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 20, 2016
The job is a typical serving job. Management is great. Good place to work and co workers and awesome.......................
boring place. no where to chill.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 19, 2016
Lots of work. sometimes you dont get breaks often and you stay longer than scheduled. The place is always busy and if not theirs no talking. also they have favouritism.
Pros
free movie tickes
Cons
Closing shifts
Good hours
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 14, 2016
I have had very good hours. A typical day at work i come in do my prep work, take and place customer orders, restock.
Co-workers were great worked well as a team.
Pros
60 percent off food
Cons
breaks