Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

rotisserie oven, line grill, satue
Cook/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 April 2017
cooked chicken soup sauce gravy buns bring prepped foods to the line continue flow of food assisted team members with tidying wiping down counters cleaning drawers, floors and keeping to date food items in order
Not my favorite job
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON24 April 2017
I did not have any sort of routine, I was called in on different days of the week every week so I never had any routine in my life. I felt like my fellow co-workers were nice but the job itself was less than desirable.
Pros
discount on food once a shift
Cons
poor environment, busy holidays
productive and energetic place to work
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Florida23 April 2017
it was a very fun place to work, with great people that were very hard working. Its where I learned to work in the restaurant business, where I got my start. Easy learning.
Pros
learning new everyday
Cons
worked right after schol
Swiss Chalet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 April 2017
Often busy most of the times. Company image and keeping the values of the intended corporate vision is paramount. ........................................
Great People
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
hostessing was a simple job with simple tasks, did not receive many hours but the management was very understanding and polite to all employees. It allows you to develop your understanding of customer service while doing simple tasks for the restaurant itself.
Not a great work environment
Takeout/Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
My typical day at work was okay. I would get there on time and leave late on some days due to clean up. I learned how to do takeout prep and cleaned the kitchen most of the time. Management was disrespectful and some others were very lazy, did not enjoy working with some coworkers, regardless continued to do my job.
Amazing
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 April 2017
Good staff and the work was pretty easy. Gave you a lot of time to get the hang of things and do not like to fire people but instead put them in dish pit which is a good asset.
productive
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON8 April 2017
Swiss Chalet is a very good restaurant, they have great food. But the management is not as good as it should be, service is slow, unfair treatment within the staff members. I worked there as dish washer, I was a student at the time in highschool and the shifts would run as late as 1:00 a.m on a school night. They also were not flexible with scheduling.
Pros
good food
Cons
management, service, scheduling, fair and equal treatment
Swiss
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 April 2017
The job was alright,co-workers were great, but management could have been better. Just watch out for wage thief like any other restaurant and call them out for it.
always keep busy and happy
Hostess and Expedition (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 April 2017
As a host, you are required to keep busy cleaning various places at the front of the restuarant while listening for the door, when busy, you are expected to clean and reset the tables quickly

Want to know more about Swiss Chalet?

Ask a question
excellent place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON7 April 2017
a typical day at work began at 10am made preperations to open restaurant. greeted customers as they came for lunch or dinner. The people I worked with became family and always had a happy attitude.. I learned to multi task and offer excellent customer service as well as a strong work ethic.\the hardest part of the job was at times being the only server on the floor and being responsible for serving up to 20 or more tables at a time.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing repeat customers over the years and watching thier families grow and having them request me personally to take care of thier orders.
Regular starting part-time job
Off-Premise (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON6 April 2017
From this job, I learned that I can have incredible patience when it comes to dealing with difficult customers, I learned a more professional mannerism when dealing with customers.
Hard work for low wage with high employee turnover.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 April 2017
I Would to recommend this job to many people. You work extremely hard, do not get payed, well, no chance for moving up in the company, and you are taken advantage of.
Every day is new and exciting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 April 2017
Ensure you are well rested for each day.
Be ready for everyone.
Very fast paced, friendly and exciting environment.
A great place to meet friends and family.
Every day is a new day!
Pros
Ability to advance within the company
good part time job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2017
Good part time job if you are in school. Able to get teamwork skills here. Good hours, pay can be better. Good opportunities to move up. Only good as a part time job
Fun workplace
Off Premise Staff (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2017
Very flexible with getting time off and fun people to work with. I've been working there on and off for five years so there's a reason I keep coming back.
Works hard in pleasing customers, but workers not satisfied.
My position was a hostess (Former Employee) –  Queen st. and West dr.1 April 2017
The management system was poor. It was not a very good environment to work in, as not everyone is treated in fairness and problems don't always get solved. When it came to pleasing customers, though, there was a fair satisfaction, but often times, there would be complaints. Workers are expected to work unreasonable hours. The company is always hiring, so current workers lose hours so new workers can have shifts.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Unreasonable hours
Got to know my customers by name
Server/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 March 2017
A typical day would be started with me getting the restaurant ready for opening, taking orders and making food..dealing with customers complaints and also customers positive feedback, answering phones and taking reservations if the manager is not there.
Pros
Loved meeting new people
Cons
When the restaurant runs out of certain products
Comfortable and fun environment
Off premise staff (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2017
your managers and coworkers are you friends and want you to be able to grow and they help you do so. They make sure your comfortable and happy. They make sure that school is a priority for you and it doesn't matter if its high school or University or college; Education comes first.
Pros
discounted food!
Cons
Non-busy hours get boring
Fun restaurant
Kitchen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Management is decent, people come and go, the seniors there are not the best. Overall the place is very fun and a great one to upgrade from your workplace to another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9