Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Love my co-workers.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 December 2016
I love the people I work with. They are so friendly and hardworking. The only downfall is not enough hours to live off. The management is awesome and really helpful when I need something and not sure where it is.
Good start for first job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
Swiss Chalet is a good place to start for a first job. Everyone is welcoming and you quickly feel comfortable. A typical day at work as a hostess would include cleaning and checking washrooms, busing and setting tables, and welcoming guests and seating them to their tables.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Busy during weekends and holidays, not good enough hours
Productive fun workplace
Hostess (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 November 2016
Very fun day at work, can be stressful but has its perks. Great community with a very inviting management team and staff.
Pros
50% off lunchs
Fun workplace
Good experience
Managers are helpful
People are nice
Good discounts
Hard working, dedicated staff. Focused on the job, can be fun to work with, more so a get it done and go type of environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 November 2016
Hard working, dedicated staff. Focused on the job can be fun to work with, more so a get it done and go type of environment that is hard to work in if you're mentally struggling.
Cons
no meals, unless you bring your own or money
face paced setting
Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 November 2016
With the a family dynamic amongst staff members we spread that love and comfort towards all of our guests weather they were our own or we were simply helping each other for the moment it didn't matter we treated all customers as our own personal customer as soon as they walked through the door.
Energetic and fun place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON17 November 2016
Swiss Chalet is a great place to work. It allowed me to learn how to communicate with people and strengthen my interpersonal skills. Taking orders, greeting guests or running food to a table, it allowed me to try my best at leaving the customer satisfied. My management team was easy to talk to whenever there was an issue. My co-workers were all very friendly and I still keep in touch with a few. The hardest part of the job was through a big rush when customers would get frustrated and take their anger or confusion out on me. Trying to keep the customer happy can be a hard task and trying to answer and keep them informed with what is happening with their order. That being said, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to people and creating a bond with my co-workers to make the time I spent at Swiss Chalet fun and entertaining from the time I started my shift to the end of the night.
Pros
20%-50% food
Got along with Staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 November 2016
The friendly enviornment at the establishment was great. Got along well with the people I worked with. Even though the hours were short and I didnt get a lot of hours, the work was not difficult
Pros
Friendly Enviornment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great staff
Line Cook / Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL14 November 2016
Management was great, i was welcomed with open arms, the staff is what really makes that store great. clean and organized even when its the peak of the rush everything goes smoothly
I enjoyed working here.
server (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 November 2016
I liked working here. It was always a fun environment at both locations. always friendly customers and friendly co workers I would recommend to anyone to have a job here. I have worked almost every position at swiss.
productive and fun work place
Line Cook/Dish Boy (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2016
A typical day at work is fun. learned to be organized, responsible, management was ok no problems, co-workers were fun and exciting to be around, the hardest part is rush hour, most enjoyable part is making money and free food
Pros
free food
Cons
Great place, with great people!
Host (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 November 2016
Great place, with great people! I learned how to interact with people in a positive way. management was ok, but my coworkers were amazing!
Pros
discounts
Cons
short hours
Fast Pace Restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON6 November 2016
Swiss Chalet is a nice family restaurant where you attend to customers so they have the best experience possible. Fast paced with lots of kind workers and customers.
It was a great opportunity to be able to work in a friendly multi cultural workplace
Take Out/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  1400 O'Connor Drive4 November 2016
Everybody at work was friendly and got a long well. Along with kind employees, they had flexible work schedules that were easy to work with my school schedule.
Pros
free food during breaks
Great work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 November 2016
When I started working there it was great but after a year went by all of my experienced coworkers moved on to other jobs and we got a new owner that was changing everything and hiring anyone who applied. I stuck with it for a while but it got to a point where I didn't see myself or my skills growing from staying there.
Pros
great work environment, great management, friendly coworkers, employee discount
Cons
long hours, called in to work often when i wasnt supposed to, new management, closing almost every shift
I loved working with my swiss family.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Co-workers were the best part of working here. They are a tight team who lean on one another. It is union so there is job security but I wanted more. Management was good. Always a new face.
A place away from home which is another home
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
- Great ambience
- Wonderful Management and co workers
- Good marketing strategy
- Great deals for seniors and kids
- Proper Food hygiene maintenance
- Always a scope to grow
- Wonderful infra structure provided by the HO Cara.
Pros
Best exposure when it comes to cross training into different restaurant departmetns
Cons
Franchise doesn't keep up to restaurant standards
Fast Pace Environment
Hostess/Take Out Server (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 October 2016
I enjoyed working at Swiss Chalet for the time that I did. It was a friendly and face pace environment that always made the shift go by quickly.
Even if it isn't your fault it is your fault somehow
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 October 2016
Usually I just seat people, clean menus, clean bathrooms, clean tables and fold cutlery.
I learned that even if you weren't the root cause of someone's problem, it was your fault anyways. I also learned that even if people are old they can still be lazy.
Management was not the greatest. These managers were amazing people but the whole workplace was out of wack.
Co-workers were nice for the most part I liked the kitchen staff way better than the dining staff; waitresses were in bad moods almost everyday.
Hardest part of my job is when I have to do someone else's job. I've taken a waitresses and dish washing role while I was working as a hostess and I still get in trouble by the waitresses that I'm not doing enough.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE part of my job was talking to my co-workers before the rush of people coming into dinner. I loved talking and joking with them in the breakroom, honestly it felt like they were my family and I'll never forget that. Good people bad management.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing people
Cons
When the kitchen gets super busy there is a likely chance a cook is going to walk out
Lack of communication
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 October 2016
Wasn't a positive environment when the managers left, hard to understand the people I was working with and rudeness from not moving fast enough after a 12 hour shift with no breaks.

I was also a student at the time and having me work during the week till 1am is not acceptable, as I needed to study for school, but couldn't.
Pros
Money

2.9