Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a place to learn and be productive
Front of House and Takeout Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: timely and early to work
Cons: lackadaisical attitude to work
Could be busy at times, I learnt how to work as a team and people from different nationalities, cultural and ethnic groups. the management was on top of the business ensuring customer to operator relationships.
Really enjoyed my job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 5, 2014
Great place to work.
If they had not sold the store I would still be there.
Typical days work at Swiss Chalet, 1976
Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: meeting and greeting customers
Cons: over worked with little salary
Typical day at work would consist of variety of tasks starting from setting up the work station by stalking up sections, making sure area is clean and tidy, and refilling any condiments( butters, sour cream etc). What I have learned as being apart of the team is cleanliness is key. Customers are impacted by the cleanliness of a store. Communication – more... has to be effective in order for a store and employees to run well. Management will always be interchangeable, management needs to follow through will rules and guidelines at all times, not to say but do as well and to treat others fairly. Hardest part is keeping up with the constant changes and remembering them at all times. Enjoyable part of the job working with fellow co-workers and meeting new customers daily. – less
Enjoyed my Time
Assistant Store Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
Had a great time managing and growing with Cara. Was able to travel to many location and train others, open new locations, and meet some really great people.
productive and fun workplace
Server / Cashier / Garnisher (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at my previous job for as long as i worked there. management was amazingly helpful and friendly. I mostly had good work experience with my co workers. i believe the hardest part of the job was making a unhappy customer make happy and i'm proud to say that i did my job pretty well, i know that because my manager say that and as well – more... as our guests say that often to my manager personally, or through our website. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people, i am a people person i love interacting with people. thats why where a lot of people don't like customer service jobs i on the other hand love customer service. – less
Busy Industry
Manager (Current Employee), ReginaJune 17, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: long hours and late night
- Typical food industry making decisions on your feet.

- learned so many things from managing guest, staffs, health & hygiene and customer service.

- overall management duties from hiring - payroll - scheduling - welfare - cash handling and many more.

- keeping up with the guest expectation and living to it.

- enjoyed the fast phase nature of the – more... industry though it was stressful physically and mentally. – less
fast paced but exciting
Take-Out Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 16, 2014
A great environment to expand upon, and perfect customer service and hospitality skills. Management is well organized and conducive to learning and growing.
wonderful place to work
Manager Cara Food Service (Former Employee), TorontoJune 11, 2014
wonderful work place, excellent interaction with staff and public
Management is poor and treats servers terribly.
Server (Current Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJune 9, 2014
Management is poor and treats servers terribly. Extremely inflexible towards shift changing and scheduling of shifts.
Fast paced fast food resturant
Pantry (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 3, 2014
Preparing countless meals with no tips in return. Enjoyed people you get to work with and the food that's ordered wrong
Fun and Clean place to work
Server/ Take-out Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 2, 2014
One of the greatest things about this store is that everyone works as a team. If someone needs help there will be someone there helping you.
Productive and fun working environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: the team
Cons: no hours
I loved the team I worked with. Everyone worked well together, helping one an other and going above and beyond the job description.
Great co-workes
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 26, 2014
It was a good experience but was also a hard work. The time work I had was great and friendly.
The salary did not help me to stay in the job for a long time.
Fun workplace
Take-Out Employer and Expediter (Current Employee), London, ONMay 19, 2014
Advantages
-Fast paced, sociable and fun environment
-Interact with customers
-Staff Discount
-3 Hour shifts

Disadvantages
-Temperature in the kitchen
-Some employers may have attitudes
-May get sent home if not busy
Fast paced, but warm and you are at the mercy of the customer
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and great bosses
Cons: no ability to move up in the world
Besides being a minimum wage job with a dead end, this was a great job. Got me through college and I met some awesome people, both my managers and my co-workers. I have many friends still from that job, close friendships even. A typical day is a fast paced day of cooking, cleaning, and rushing around without the ability to tell what time it is. The – more... hardest part of the job was getting used to the cramped space, and insuring you worked safely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 'family' mentality of the kitchen staff. We all worked our buts off and always made sure we had each others backs. None of us ever slacked off, and we always did everything we could to make the closing cook's night real easy. – less
Fun and fast paced.
Server (Part-time) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible hours
Cons: short shifts
The company was fun to work for and the staff was great.
The management made it enjoyable to come in to work and offered excellent training for anyone with no experience in the service industry.
Busy place with routine work
Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Being near a mall and school, the restaurant was busy at various parts of the day. Families would be the majority of customers; not many people came just alone so the orders and food processing had to be as quick as possible. Management was nice but could get very stern on very busy occasions. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the customers – more... were highly satisfied with the time it took to get the food and beverages to their tables, and making sure all the orders were correct. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers, who helped out a lot. – less
ok place
Dishwasher and Cook (Current Employee), hurontario and elia aveMay 1, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: food sucks
working at swiss chalet is a very fun experience to learn but very stressful and tireing when special events happen. ex. family day, mothers day.
Efficient and extremely adaptable to newly hired members
Student at Western University Ontario (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: free dinners
Cons: hours cut short due to work position
Swiss Chalet provided for me a simple, clean and tightly run work environment, which in turn benefitted every work member and allowed for smooth and enjoyable shifts.

The people were friendly, inviting and kind towards me, especially since I was one of the fairly new staff member hired onto a staff who worked for years with one another.

Swiss Chalet – more... was tasteful, functional and exciting to work at as it was always fast paced, without a moment to lose. It fit with my personality as well as the others who all kept their priorities their jobs, and securing the restaurant. The management was attentive to every member of the team, from the most experienced the newly hired and their influence worked into my work performance as habitual and easily adapted.

Overall this place was unique and taken care of, and as were each and every individual. – less
Fun work place
Take-Out (Current Employee), London, ONApril 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunches, very flexible with hours
Cons: disorganized management
Very fun place to work, with amazing people. However, can be overwhelming when understaffed and the managers are too busy to help. But otherwise, very good flow and amazing at working around other responsibilities.

1 2 3 4 5