Swiss Chalet

great energy between co-workers
fast-paced
sub-par management
minimal hours
communication between management and staff could be improved.
Good place to work, good environment
Driver/cook (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long days
I drove and delivered food. I also was a cook in the back 3 years prior
to. Fun people to work with, management was strict but still made it a good workplace to be around.
family and a positive environment
Food and Beverages Server (Current Employee), lethbridge albertaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 50% staff meal
Cons: equal work of hours
3 years of working in Swiss Chalet makes me realize that we have fun working and work as a family in a restaurant. time fly that we didn't notice that we've been here for so long. we are treated a real family and respect our privacy and chooses in our life. staying in this company for so long is a blessings to us.
Fun Workplace
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee), Calgary International Airport, CalgaryFebruary 17, 2015
Good staff and relaxed environment. Hours are generally heavy and don't work too late.The people you work with are amazing, my coworkers were the only reason i stayed for as long as i did
standard restaurant franchise
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: regular hours ie10-8
Cons: not much flexabilty, werent big on promoting from within
My first job in the service industry. Was a great place to start off. Hard work, great team, gained valuable understanding on table distribution and balance as to ensure proper service from wait staff
Kitchen Associate at Swiss Chalet
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee), Richmond HillFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: repetitive work
I was working at Swiss Chalet a year ago from now at the Yonge and 16th location in the kitchen as a kitchen associate. I would work the weekends from 5-10pm and would wash dishes and prepared foods so that they could be served to customers. I would mostly prepare making the salad by cutting up vegetables. Most of my co workers were nice, funny and respectful but the supervisor was kind of picky and would seem like he was messing with me. I would take it as a joke and carry on with the job. All in all, it was a great job and I definitely picked up some valuable work skills that will benefit my career path in the future.
The job itself included very well rounded skills to gain.
Part Time off-line premise (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: stress, fast paced
Working at Swiss Chalet has taught me a plethora of skills regarding how to treat customers in a professional manner. A typical day included coming to work and jumping right into helping and serving customers. Working in a restaurant requires a team effort with your co-workers and everyone i worked with treated me like family. Everyone always helped eachother out to give the customer their best satisfactory visit at Swiss Chalet.
swiss chalet
Waiter/Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Fun enviornment to work in, the only down fall is that the hours are short. Part timers get no more than 4 hours a day.
Managment could be better
Awesome!
Host (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 1, 2015
I had a great time here for when I worked. I got along with everyone and had great communication with the guests even as a host. I built on my intelligence and cross trained to other parts of the restaurant as well.
COOK
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Great working with new team members daily, learning new products on a daily basis
Fun but can be difficult in the winters.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
The hardest part of this job is when the road conditions are bad and the store is pretty busy.
Not a bad place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), St. catharines, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Was a decent place to work,
i learnt a lot about supervision and training others how to work to to their strengths when training them.
Management wasn't bad but nothing great got the job done.
Great workplace with fun co-workers
Takeout & Drive Thru (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: 60% off of food when working
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed working here, I loved the people I worked with. I became friends with my co-workers instantly. Most of them were friendly and approachable. I portioned food every early morning on weekends and I took customers orders. I packaged them and supplied customers with any extras they'd need, such as plates, cutlery etc. The management was poor, I was never listened to and they made scheduales that went against my availability. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the orders and packaging all the right contents. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all new people.
Fast pace kitchen environment
Dish worker (Former Employee), Halifax Nova ScotiaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: stressful environment at times.
Dish washing, it's a labor, I didn't like being penalized for other's mistakes just because I worked in the same dish pit as someone else. I learned time management, how to operate an industrial dishwasher.
Productive and fun, with great work environment
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free food and smiles
Cons: being overwhelmed with dishes haha
I enjoyed Swiss Chalet very much. The staff were very friendly and optimistic. They would always make jokes and smile when bringing dishes to the dish pit. I would go into work every shift looking forward to it. The pace was fast and slow at times but I still got my work done quickly.
Fun workplace at swiss chalet
Dishwasher/Cook/Take (Former Employee), ottawa,OntarioDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours/ not always helped when needed
At swiss chalet a typical day at work is always entertaining
the management staff would take work seriously but would also have fun while doing, during my time working at Swiss chalet i've learned a few things in the work business, how to get along with people that don't like you, how to work better as a team then an individual because you can get more done that way then any other way, the hardest part of that job would be the consistency that you have to keep in order to not fall back or to put everyone in a trouble because of your lack of effort, but there were enjoyable parts of the jobs example cleaning out the kitchen
Hard Working environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Ottawa West, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: one manager would try to bend the rules
My typical day at work was quite enjoyable and fun. I really enjoyed working at Swiss Chalet, due to the amazing people who also worked with me. During my work shifts id clean dishes and also cleaned everything else that got. The way everything was managed was so professional and on point. The hardest part of the job was that once a month we would do a full store and kitchen clean up, the most enjoyable part of working there was the people who worked with me and made that job enjoyable.
Productive and fun part time work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: half off of everything
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work included seating and greeting customers. I learned better customer service skills. Management was good and the co-workers were easy to get a long with. With minimum to no drama. The hardest part of working there was pleasing everyone. And what I enjoyed most was seeing each customer leave with a smile on there face.
friendly fun envoiroment
Preparation Cook/Takeout (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 28, 2014
I felt like I was at home working with my team at swiss chalet we where one big happy family, great team work and organization
Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 25, 2014
As a Manager, I have learned to work in a very fast-paced environment and directing employees in providing efficient service and exceptional customer service to guests.

1 2 3 4 5