Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
HOSTESS/ WAITRESS (Current Employee), markham, onMay 20, 2015
good, nice people. good tips on a good day. overall enjoyed working there , hope to work at another restaurant again in the future
Great flexibility for a student.
Waitress (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good tips, happy staff
Cons: Difficult to have shifts covered
This job is great for students in university. The weekends are very busy because there are few family restaurants in Airdrie. There isn't time to stand around, you're always doing something and there's always a task that needs to be done. In the time that I've been here I've learned how to effectively manage my time, make great use of my memory for menu items and how to work and communicate with a large team of people. I have also learned some safe food handling practices. My co-workers and I are all hard working, we all must do what we can to keep the floor running smoothly. We don't often replace our waitresses, we all know each other really well, it's nice to have staff that doesn't turn over. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm if the kitchen is having troubles organizing, as much as we have a great team, some days are better than others. I enjoy the fact that I get to work with people that I like and the customer base is fun as well. We offer good deals for food and we service a wide range of people. I enjoy the fact that we are a family restaurants and promote children in our workplace. I am a fan of children.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 19, 2015
Although it is very fast paced, it is a wonderful place to work and you learn to adapt to the fast pace while working as a team
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: negative customers
very fun
enjoyed working every day
learned to be a team player
hardest part of the job ? there is no hard part when you enjoy working
Learning Opportunity
Hostess (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts, enjoyable employers
Cons: Short hours
Since Swiss Chalet was my first job, I had high expectations. The work hours were minimal (2-3 hours) and it was only on the weekends. However my employers and co workers were incredible to work with and I had an overall enjoyable experience working with Swiss Chalet
productive and fun
Waitress (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 10, 2015
Pros: meet lots of different people, 50% off your meals
Cons: short hours
A day at Swiss Chalet you go in sign in and great and seat guest take there order and then do ur clean up what I learned is to deal with a fast paced environment and customer service management was ok they were a little mean and unprofessional I loved all my coworkers the hardest part were the very busy and long shifts the most enjoyable part was meeting new people every shift and my regular customers
Well rounded
KITCHEN CREW (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 10, 2015
Everybody played their part in the kitchen and worked together well as a team to get everything done. Very helpful managers.
fun place to work and you get good work experience
Line cook as well as chicken cook (Former Employee), Stone road Swiss chaletMay 7, 2015
Pros: great work envirnment
Cons: short shifts
my job duties at Swiss chalet are too load chicken ovens with spits, make gravy, soups, buns and other oven related food item. I also have to clean all my ovens i use that night along with my chicken fridge and source pot.
Decent job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free leftovers
Cons: sometimes a late night
It was easy to learn. Your always moving, and the co workers are friendly, Management is okay they usually help you close so that you can both get out earlier. The pay is good for what you do. And they cover a good amount for your working shoes.
Great
Server (Former Employee), Terminal 3 Pearson AirportApril 23, 2015
I love the Food and the menu is always improving!!!!!! Great over all menu and the chicken is great and so is the burgers and Pasta.
Productive.
Take-Out/Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Bradford OntarioApril 16, 2015
Very fast paced, and busy is your typical day when it came to Swiss Chalet and McDonalds. Hardest part of the job is when it got super busy but that was also the most enjoyable part.
Host
Food Hostess (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
greet and seat guests
cleaning duties while on shift
help servers bus tables
cut servers when needed
be courteous and friendly
Great place to work if you love clothes
Store Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 9, 2015
On a typical day I would open the store, make sure it was ready for customers and sell clothes. I would give great customer experience and see many return customers.
Unfitting roles
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
as a individual I seek the take lead in as many ways possible. Working here, it was hard for me to do so since I was constantly being told that the way I was taught was wrong by another then taught a different way just to find out it was still "wrong". Than again most of the team members I worked with usually sided with the way I did things.
Fun Work place: Worked productive
Assist team (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good shifts
Cons: No Cons
Learned how to work as team with co-workers
If the 1 member failed we all failed
Teamwork is key
Enjoyed working at Swiss Chalet learned alot
my part time high school job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Brantford, OnApril 7, 2015
The people and the job itself was great, management was run differently but overall was an alright place to work. It isn't a long term permanent place for me anyways.
Sometimes stressful but good employees
Takeout (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
A typical day at work involved working in the drive thru, and preparing meals. It was sometimes stressful working in a drive thru while preparing meals that are not fast food, and dealing with complaining customers was definitely the most difficult. However, I had many good co-workers and the management was fairly nice.
Good First Job
Take Out Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Management
I learned how to multitask and interact with customers in a fast paced environment. The management was okay but they were not the most understanding people to work for. My coworkers were great. They were all very nice and helpful and genuinely cared about me. The hardest part of the job was the requirement of occasionally working alone when it was busy because there were not enough employees. The most enjoyable part was the overall friendships and relationships that were present.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2015
This job was not paid, it was just an internship placement. But I did learn many things from being at this restaurant. The managers were strict and provided rules as they should, the co-workers were fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of being there was being welcomed by the staff and seeing so many smiles on all their faces.
Fast Paced and Busy location with high turnover rates, fun place to work.
Take-Out/Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee), Woodbridge ONApril 2, 2015
A typical day would include serving many customers with great speed and efficiency. Order accuracy is important when working for this company as well. Management is great, ownership could be better.

1 2 3 4 5