Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work enviroment with helpful staff
Server (Current Employee), MiltonAugust 18, 2015
I work with a genuinely caring team who will go above and beyond to pitch in and help out should you need it. A lot of the customers are regulars and have a great rapport with the staff who will never fail to take a few seconds to stop in make sure they acknowledge the regulars.
Delivery Drive
Delivery Driver/Shipper (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 17, 2015
Take the order and deliver it on time, helped the cooks pack the food. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, getting the food on time to customers.
sick
Take-Out Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2015
amazing place woo, awesome fast paced environment. Always something to do. Co-workers are awesome and management was amazing.
Contracted Night Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 14, 2015
Pros: half price meals and or free meals
Cons: none to mention
Fun work place with supportive teammates and management.
Encouragement to train in other areas of the store.
Getting to work daily with the public .
productive and profitable service
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 13, 2015
good area to work and learn about production, planning, profitability, customer satisfaction and safe and clean preparation.
Fast pace and productive work environment
Hostess, Kitchen Help (Current Employee), BradfordAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Cara Discount Card for 20% up to 7 people for Harvey's, Swiss Chalet, Montana's, Milestones, and Kelsey's
Cons: Not enough hours due to it mostly being an evening job
A typical day at work is usually not busy but not slow it's just right for the restaurant industry. I learned how to cut chicken, cook chicken, work at a super fast pace, be organized, and have good work ethic and be a team player. Management was awesome! they always made sure there was help where it was needed and that all employees were well taken care of. Co-workers were friendly but some liked to be independent and weren't so crazy over team work. I'd say the hardest part of the job would be when you first start and getting used to knowing where everything is and where everything goes, and getting up to speed when it got busy, but once you got used to whee everything was and working at fat pace the day goes by just like that. Most enjoyable part of the job was always the end when you gt to go home because come on its work there's no enjoyable part about it.
good job overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: rarely hire from within
good job overall. worked 50 hours a week, 5-6 days a week. Learned a lot in the process. staff was amazing, and the reason i enjoyed working there as much as i did.
Can be fun but also very stressful at times
Line Cook (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Not super long shifts
Cons: No breaks
The jobs I've done at Swiss Chalet are not hard jobs. It is a fast pace restaurant but does have its slow nights. Management at my location has it's weaknesses. For one they do not give performance reviews and do not inform employees about any complaints that are directed at them. Basically they do not tell you how you can improve and then don't give you a raise because you have not shown enough improvement.
Family restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 2, 2015
Family restaurants; we serve families, we are a family. Lots of new promotions every year, proper training and online training.
Easy and fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONJuly 29, 2015
Average chain restaurant, excellent team and work environment. Easy to learn menu that is updated frequently to keep bringing in new business.
un clean
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
worked with people who didnt have any manners or seems clean it clearly represent the company in a bad way.
rude environment
Fun work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment, great people to serve and work with
Cons: Shut Down
Was able to work take-out, in the kitchen, as a hostess and server. It was one of the best places i worked and learned and developed new skills
great co-workers.
o Training and assisting new members of our staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: having more hands on experience with kids.
Cons: conflicted with my other part-time job.
i looked forward to working there everyday due to the fact that all my co-workers were not only supportive but also had a great team work attitude which i really appreciated.
Fast pace energetic place with the oppotunity to meet new and amazing people on a daily base
Hostess/Food prep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
Cons: discruntal guests
It's never the same from 1 day to the next. Some days are slow and you can take extra time seating and conversing with guest while other days are too busy and the one on one conversation are limited. I am constantly learning new things about the food industry and serving the public. While it's impossible to please everyone, knowing that you have made someone's day makes my job so much better. We have a great management team who will always go the extra mile for the guest. I work with a great team. We are always on the same wave of energy making our working environment a home away from home. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy. I am a worker and like to keep busy. Standing around doing nothing is not my cup of tea. I love knowing that at the end of the day I have made a different in someone's life. Whether it be a guest or co-worker, it's a nice feeling knowing that your action has had a positive effect on someone.
Okay for starting food industry
part-time hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
Very drama filled and hectic. Everyone is friendly but its best to keep to yourself. Kitchen staff were decent, and foh staff was too. Pay was not so good, and theres not a lot of room for advancement. Hours are weird and you always find yourself covering for other people.
productive environment, no job security, average managment
Bartender (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 6, 2015
- great co-workers
- productive working environment
- excellent problem solving skills
- no job securty or advancements
- no benefits

Great experience at Swiss Chalet, the employees were fantastic. Management was good, with some minor flaws.
Great food
Line Cook (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2015
Nice place to eat. The kitchen where I worked was very clean and well maintained as well as the dining area. I learned a lot working there.
Welcoming workplace, friendly environment
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Price reduced lunch
Cons: Not enough hours
It is a good pace to work at, the people are great and so is the food they serve there. A typical day at work is usually normal paced, it only got busy from 6-7 pm but usually it's a calm job. I learned how to use a dish washing machine, how to take people's orders.The hardest part of the job is closing because you can never tell when you're going to finish, it all depends on how busy the shift was.
The Worst.
Takeout clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
The managers are rude and very disrespectful. I was so happy to leave that place of work. Nobody was willing to train me properly then complained and got mad when I got something wrong.
Productive and a good environment
Take out (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: no cons
I learned how to work with customers, use the cash register, and multi-task at a fast pace. My co-workers are friendly and out going and we can work as a team. Most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of orders to fulfill.

1 2 3 4 5