Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
less wages
and management isn't that great
The co workers work with each other but theres a lot of sneaking around and managers use favroutism in this workplace
great job for full-time or part-time students
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON15 January 2017
Swiss chalet is a great job for full or part-time students who need the extra money. They were very flexible with working around my school schedule and giving me extra hours when needed.
Swiss chalet
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Honestly i dont mind working there but i've been there for over 6 months and still havent recieved a raise. It's a friendly environment to work in with nice people but at my currently location its very far. You do alot of work for just minimum wage, the hardest part is dealing with rude customers and ones that lie to get free things.
Pros
half off for food.
Cons
only get a break if you work more than 4 hours
Happy Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE - SWISS CHALET (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
-upbeat and fast paced environment
-learned how to multi-task and give quality customer service
-management is kind, understanding and supportive
-co-workers become family
-hardest part of the job is time management and working effectively at a fast pace
-most enjoyable part of the job is giving great service, and seeing how customers appreciate this
Pros
staff meal- 50% off
Cons
hard to find replacements for shifts
Good place to learn with opportunity for advancement
Server (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 January 2017
A fast paced, energetic work environment.
A great place to learn customer service in a supportive way. Management gives you the proper technical and verbal skills to handle any situation.
Co-workers were always fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job would be the pressure during the busy times of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer that you get to know as they come in each week and ask for you. Knowing you are doing a good job and keeping the customers happy feels good.
Pros
The satisfaction of happy customers
Cons
working every weekend
Good place to work on a grill with mostly chicken and ribs.
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
If you enjoy cooking on a grill making the barbecue type food than this is a good place for you to work. Great pastas and other different types of food.
Dish Washer
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 January 2017
Don't work well with hours management don't help and did'nt get trained well. Call every off day get mad when you cant come in and work don't give discount card
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Seater/Greeter (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS8 January 2017
I enjoy working there most days, my co-workers are the best part of the job! The management was always upset if you asked for time off which is never great but usually tried to accommodate my needs.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON5 January 2017
Fun workplace, friendly coworkers.
Quick paced work environment. Feels like working with family.
There are a lot of regular customers who after a few visits start to feel like family as well.
Pros
50% discount on shift, 20% discount at CARA restaurants
fun job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON2 January 2017
this job was fun but hard the hard part was people always late and not telling be about tables and I found customers very rude at times and so sweet too
Okay
Take Out (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 January 2017
It was okay. Most of the staff are very kind. Most treat you as family and it is a very kind environment. Other staff members do not.
Under appreciated, under paid, over worked
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Not very much room for advancement. Pay is terrible for the amount expected of you. Long days, over worked. Management is terrible, expect too much of you. Benefits only if you are unionized.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long days, low pay, under appreciated
Love my co-workers.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 December 2016
I love the people I work with. They are so friendly and hardworking. The only downfall is not enough hours to live off. The management is awesome and really helpful when I need something and not sure where it is.
Good start for first job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
Swiss Chalet is a good place to start for a first job. Everyone is welcoming and you quickly feel comfortable. A typical day at work as a hostess would include cleaning and checking washrooms, busing and setting tables, and welcoming guests and seating them to their tables.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Busy during weekends and holidays, not good enough hours
Productive fun workplace
Hostess (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 November 2016
Very fun day at work, can be stressful but has its perks. Great community with a very inviting management team and staff.
Pros
50% off lunchs
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 November 2016
Managing a fast paced restaurant was hard work but rewarding. The hardest part of the job was firing people or letting people go. I learned my people skills here since I was in charge of taking any concerns and complaints.
Take-out crew memeber (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 November 2016
Good environment
Short hours
Fast paced environment
Good experience
Managers are helpful
People are nice
Good discounts
Hard working, dedicated staff. Focused on the job, can be fun to work with, more so a get it done and go type of environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 November 2016
Hard working, dedicated staff. Focused on the job can be fun to work with, more so a get it done and go type of environment that is hard to work in if you're mentally struggling.
Cons
no meals, unless you bring your own or money
face paced setting
Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 November 2016
With the a family dynamic amongst staff members we spread that love and comfort towards all of our guests weather they were our own or we were simply helping each other for the moment it didn't matter we treated all customers as our own personal customer as soon as they walked through the door.
Energetic and fun place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON17 November 2016
Swiss Chalet is a great place to work. It allowed me to learn how to communicate with people and strengthen my interpersonal skills. Taking orders, greeting guests or running food to a table, it allowed me to try my best at leaving the customer satisfied. My management team was easy to talk to whenever there was an issue. My co-workers were all very friendly and I still keep in touch with a few. The hardest part of the job was through a big rush when customers would get frustrated and take their anger or confusion out on me. Trying to keep the customer happy can be a hard task and trying to answer and keep them informed with what is happening with their order. That being said, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to people and creating a bond with my co-workers to make the time I spent at Swiss Chalet fun and entertaining from the time I started my shift to the end of the night.
Pros
20%-50% food

2.9