Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Love working at Swiss Chalet
Take Out/Pantry (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 February 2017
I love working at Swiss Chalet, they are great people, Friendly management and work amazingly with your outside work life and work schedules. I just do not get enough hours to live off of, so I need to find more work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours in a week
fun workplace
Take Out Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
fun place to work - management was great. The people I worked with were very friendly. Management was understanding if I needed more or less shifts due to school schedule.
Pros
discounted food
Not a good place to work.
Harvey's Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 February 2017
Swiss Chalet is a TERRIBLE place to work. Management is rude and treats you like garbage and yells at you in front of customers. Same with shift supervisors. No breaks, even when we're supposed to. Overall, terrible experience. Would not recommend working at any Swiss Chalet location.
Pros
Cons
Rude managers, no breaks, being treated like garbage
Less then Ideal
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON16 February 2017
Management was incompetent, workplace was disgusting w/ no acknowledging or praise for good/bad work. Always called in on days off, no sense of teamwork or group positive moral
Too much server /management inter mingling..interferes with work
Server (Former Employee) –  Halton, ON15 February 2017
If only part time it seems students get the pic of hours.junior management needs humanity skills to deal with employees
Pros
Great custimers for the most if .
Cons
None rotation of sections.Same people get same sections
kkkkk
Take-out Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 February 2017
it was good the food sucked the people sucked we drank all day on the job the old ladies were cool the young ones werent our manager drank wine from soup cups all day
Would not recommend
Server (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 February 2017
I learned how to be assertive, friendly and sell myself in order to gain tips. The salary was lower than minimum wage. The managers were rude, insulting and passive aggressive. No one was happy at work, everyone was either complaining about favoritism, not getting enough hours or being fearful of becoming fired.
Pros
Serving customers, discount on food.
Cons
Management was rude, not enough hours.
Very Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2017
I worked at the brampton airport rd location. Management was great, i didn't like some employees but we all got along! Great vibe! FREE DRINKS for employees! if you don't have a social life definitely work there. I worked from 11am to 7pm. When i got home i couldn't get to do anything tbh! but i loved that place. There was a great Team There.
Pros
FREE DRINKS and Great Team
Productive always doing work
DISHWASHER/LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
i would come into work and start into the action right away because we were usually busy i would usually man the fryer or make stuff on the grill such as burgers and ribs. the management is friendly to the staff but still strict when need be.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busy
Great Place To Work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2017
The shifts were on average 6 hours, I learned how to multitask rather quickly. I really liked my managers, they were great people. The hardest part of the job would have been when you were slammed with a bunch of tables, however to received a lot of help. The team work at Swiss Chalet was fantastic. I enjoyed talking to my co-workers at work and outside of work.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not alot of hours
Fun place to work at with good people
Table Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 February 2017
Loved working there had an amazing group of people and an awesome team to work with, management was great and they would always book you when convenient for you.
Pros
Free lunch
dish washer
dish washer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
i would wash dishs and make sure everything was clean.i would also help cook fries and prepare food.it was nice to get free snacks on break
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  King City, ON1 February 2017
-coworkers were friendly and manager was very nice and lenient
-workplace culture was nice
-very calm and peaceful at times
-enjoyable
-sometimes got busy so it was hard to work under pressure
overall
server (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2017
worked well with all employees. enjoyed working as a team in such fast pace environment would return if needed. people were always friendly and welcoming and helpful towards each other.
Professional, friendly customer service
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
I have being working with Swiss chalet for 13 years. Amazing boss amazing management amazing coworkers everyone so help full
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Hours are good
Excellent strong well deserved company
Cook, dishwasher, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON30 January 2017
Swiss Chalet can take you and bring you up in the food industry from no experience. Great place to start your life in the food industry along with great management and knowledge.
bad managers
Host (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 January 2017
managers often mistreat employees and spend all their time chatting to employees who are only working there simply because they know the managers or other workers outside of work.
Fun to work here
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2017
I love working at Swiss chalet because I really enjoy the people I work with, I also enjoy making my tables happy and making sure that they are satisfied! The hardest part about this career is when tables aren't happy with their service or their food because we don't want bad reports.. but the good thing is that the problem is easily avoidable and we try our hardest to make everyone happy
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 January 2017
was a fun place to work , was able to work while going to school, very friendly staff, clean and productive company, breaks were taken when needed , management respected your time requested off
Pros
free lunch, fun staff
Cons
n/a
Easy going and very friendly staff made it awesome
Kitchen Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
I think the most enjoyable part of my time at Swiss Chalet was my co-workers, they made everything so much better. Most people complain about 1 or 2 co-workers but I'd have to any since my time their, I've never really had any trouble with my co-workers or the delivery drivers. I had 3 managers, each with a different style of handling things, but all fair.
Since starting dish washing, I've learned to better organize my time and prioritize the more important things, but also learning what it means to keep a sanitized work area. Since starting to work as a Kitchen Line Coo, I've learned what it means to be under pressure; handling multiple orders while again, prioritizing the orders from first to last, making sure food is cooked properly and making sure its all done while maintaining cleanliness.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say is maintaining composure while under the pressure and the heat, on both sides of the workforce. Servers don't want to wait too long for the food because that means less tips for them, which makes the cooks look bad. The Cooks want the food to go out as fast as the Server wants it too, but the food has to prepared and cooked to standards if not more so tension could be high some days.
I never felt like I didn't belong there, the first day I walked in I as greeted by everyone, saying how its nice to meet a dishwasher that can reach anything for them. The management makes you feel unique; that's what really stood out about them. They actually cared about you and how you are. Not a lot of companies actually do it genuinely,
  more... but this Swiss Chalet wants it employees to want to come into work. I can honestly say I loved my co-workers and my managers.  less

2.9