Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Great coworkers and fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Had fun working alongside with other cooks. The work environment is friendly and fast paced. I enjoyed making food fit to serve.
loved
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Palmer Rapids, ONSeptember 12, 2016
abousltely loved working outdoors. the campers were always so kind and being outside camping and canoeing all the time didnt even feel like a job because it was so fun
relaxed and easy going
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2016
not to much to the job once you know where things are and what is what, having a good attitude with good people makes the days worth it.
Absolutely terrible environment for young people
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Worked at a location in uptown Toronto and was not excited to go to work like i was with previous jobs. However, the training was done well, but felt like i needed more. Managers had very little patience and did not feel like they cared about the employees.
High Expectations
Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 21, 2016
Managers expect more out of you than they are willing to give. More/harder work, availability etc. But when you ask for a little give back, nada. And if you don't like the way something is done, they may just let you go. Lastly, they don't hide the fact they have favorites.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
no management give/understanding
Fun place to work
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 21, 2016
Swiss Chalet provided me with my first job experience. It was a pleasure working there, the people were very helpful and willing to help. On a typical day I would start off by washing the lunch dishes and assist with preparing the meals if it wasn't to busy. After the lunch rush was done I would check the restroom and the storage to make sure that they were clean and if they weren't I would straighten them up. By the time that was all done it would be time to prepare for the dinner rush.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with washing all the dishes during the rush hours however it was manageable. The people made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Summer employment
Fun place just some people are disrespectful.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 17, 2016
what I've learned at swiss was that everybody like everybody. Also my most enjoyable part of the job is that when you close, everybody closes.
Pros
Cara Card
Work Place
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 16, 2016
Going to work and seeing little ones faces when they get a gym suit that they think look amazing on them and watching them glow with excitement. Helping office management with over flow and being of assistants where I can.
Pros
Going to work everyday
Cons
Watching the little grow up
i miss working there
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCAugust 11, 2016
I learned a lot I guess but I don't work there now, other than that it was awesome and the people are awesome too.
I like working in kitchens and being part of a team. swiss chalet has great team work
hard work place
Swiss chalet dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 4, 2016
learned how to close and take care of the kitchen alone.
great place to work at ,easy to learn. and also lots of easy going people.
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
always working alone, late nights, always standing up
interactive and accommodating workplace
Hostess/Take-out (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
I learned how to work efficiently in a fast pace environment. I learned new skills such as food prep and how to work in a restaurant environment. Management was accommodating to employee needs and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job would be when the team would not work well together. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the 50% off discount.
Good experience but stressful
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 1, 2016
Working at Swiss Chalet was good for giving experience in customer/food services and learning how to make decisions on the spot, however very stressful. My co-workers and I would often have to wait (sometimes more than an hour) to start a shift and it was always understaffed, leaving us to take on too large of a work load. Most of the managers were very young and inexperienced, and were more concerned with saving money than the happiness of their staff and customers. My co-workers were very friendly and fun.
Pros
Very good discount on food, friendly co-workers
Cons
Either too many or not enough hours, rarely given extra staff help, many rude customers
fun job, easy going.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 18, 2016
awesome place to work very fast passed environment,
fun staff and good management.
only con was some of the customers would be very rude but over all a fun place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
rude customers
It was a good place to work but just needs some improvements
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONJuly 17, 2016
I loved being a hostess at Swiss Chalet. I really met some awesome people when working their. When I worked there I was a hostess bring guest to their tables and cleaning tables up for more guest to be seated. The management wasn't always the nice to us employees but I managed to get alone with them.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and fast work enviornment
Cashier for take-out and Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 13, 2016
You punch in and say hello to basically everyone before beginning to stock or greeting your tables. Being able to have more of a social interaction with the customers is great and its always interesting. The coworkers are great and very friendly and we help one another out whenever the other needs an extra hand with anything,
Pros
Great social interaction
Cons
Makes me hungry
Nice place but terrible everything else
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
I worked at a location in Toronto and I have to say it was the worst experience I have ever had working. When I was first hired it took two weeks before I was given my first training shift and uniform and it wasn't even for line cooking, which is what I applied for, it was for prep. A week later I was given a shift in takeout and drivethru where I had to basically teach myself how to do everything and use the computer. I never had a training shift for takeout and drivethru and the minimum is one. I never received another training shift in prep and the minimum is two. When I was hired the manager asked me my availability which was everyday and I was only given one shift a week for months. I constantly asked the managers for training shifts and more shifts in general but all my requests were ignored. Even when I did have my one shift a week I was sent home early because there was "no money in the budget" and my manager would make my and another employee fight for who got to stay longer because one of our five hours shift were cut to three.

The one good thing about working there were the other employees. No matter what you needed help with they were alway willing to help because they understand and went through it themselves.
Pros
60% off food- which I never received
Cons
No hours, terrible management
productive and fast paced
Hostess/ Take-Out (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 8, 2016
a typical day includes filling orders as fast as you can. making salads for the rest of the day if you open, taking customers orders and filling them perfectly. i learned how to manage my time and keep everything in order and keep other on task. management is very easy to get a long with, they don't take advantage of their power to benefit them, they are understanding if you are unable to work or if you book something off.
Pros
half price when working
Cons
fast paced
Productive and Fun work enviornment
Host (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 5, 2016
A normal day at work would consist of me seating customers at their tables and cleaning and setting tables after they are finished their meals. The Management was terrific I had great relationships with my Co-workers and the Management.
Pros
Entertaining work enviornment
Cons
Not enough hours
fast work
Take Out and Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 4, 2016
fast paced job which requires lots of attention and a lot of customer care to ensure orders are correct and made quickkly
Very fun place to work at
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 30, 2016
This is certainly the best job I have ever had. The atmosphere, fun, and knowledge you get are highlights of this job. The most enjoyable part of this job are my co-workers. We are like a family when we are together and it is so much fun to work with them. Every day you just want to go to Swiss have fun while serving and meeting your co-workers.
Pros
60% discount for a staff meal, and 20% discount cara card
Cons
short shifts

2.9