Reports to the COO
The Director - Information Technology is responsible for the development and execution of a clearly defined IT strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth, financial performance and marketability.
The Director - IT will be a dynamic, experienced, hands-on technical architect with extensive knowledge in emerging technologies, information technology hardware/software, and will be responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all IT functions to achieve the company objectives of growth, profitability, and efficiency.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering and/or Business.
- Minimum 5 years in an IT managerial role.
- Strong background in operating systems, network technologies, ERP systems, office information systems, e-commerce, e-learning, internet/intranet development, server virtualization.
- Experience supporting a broad range of departmental technology needs.
- Expert knowledge of server computer technologies and relational database architectures.
- Strong leadership skill; ability to lead by example.
- Self motivated individual who works well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and a proven ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders (VP to CEO).
- Experience in negotiating licensing contracts and service level agreements.
- Strong background in establishing and administering IT Policy and Procedures.
- Experience in implementing complete business systems.
- Proficiency in budget creation, compliance, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Proven experience in Project planning and management.
- Direct, administer and coordinate all of the activities of the company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential IT activities and strategies.
- Determine strategic direction for company IT requirements, document and present recommendations, once approved implement solutions to meet long-term business plan.
- Ability to write, evaluate, and implement strategic proposals, with supporting business case presentations to the leadership.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to control and audit information security and departmental operations.
- Manage the IT services function, including business system change, system enhancement control, technical support and access security through response time and system availability monitoring.
- Administer information security, providing appropriate access for individuals to necessary information.
- Ensure the business continuance of all mission critical applications, networks and infrastructure.
- Provide and work towards a business continuance / disaster recovery plan from an IT perspective, while liaising with key operational business users.
- Lead and direct all IT functions – systems support, programming, network support, data and telephone communications.
- Develop standards for hardware, software, and program selection, documentation and training.
- Provide insight from a technology perspective to accomplish continuous improvement in cost control, quality, and productivity in each department.
- Responsible for annual capital and expense budget options for the IT department.
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of IT strategy.
- Measure the effectiveness of the IT department while implementing improvements as required.
- Coach, mentor and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession planning.
- Incorporate performance metrics for staff, while conducting annual/bi-annual performance reviews.
- Hold regular departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Ability to break down the IT roadmap, to actionable projects and deliverables.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT Department.
- Manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframe.
- Autonomous individual.
- Hands on, and backup for staff.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid Passport
- Ability to travel to USA by air
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard