Our client is one of the world’s largest petrochemical manufacturer is looking for a Piping/ Mechanical Designer.
- Complete all design activities for small scale plant modifications
- As-Building experience required (including redlined drawings and field investigation)
- Leading design alternatives, alternative selection, construction plans/details, developing BOMs (Bill of Materials) and construction details to ensure safe designs in line with NCX engineering standards.
- Some procurement of materials (inputting purchase requisitions) may be required.
- Technology School Diploma
- 7 years of related practical experience.
- Advanced computer aided drafting and piping design skills.
- Experience with Electronic Document Management Systems (Revision Control)
- Familiarity and knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Field experience including, field measurement and punchlisting of new construction
- Knowledge of ASME codes (specifically ASME B31.3) and industry design practices in the Piping/Mechanical discipline
- Able to work in the office and in the field
- Mechanical drafting including P&ID's, ISOs, orthographics and piping drawings using PDS 2D, and Microstation
- Able to work in a 3-D CAD environment
- Intermediate designer with working knowledge of PDS piping program. Able to model piping including generation of isometric drawings
- Able to use PDS Schematics for generation of P&ID’s. Version No.07.00.00.15
- Able to run Smartplant Review. Version No. 05.01.00.41
- Good communication both spoken and written is required. Communications will be largely one-on-one (not presentations) and written of modest complexity.
- Able to work independently, as well as support multiple projects in a team setting, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to adhere, and participate to the overall safety program.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard