The Quality Assurance/Quality Control “QA/QC” Lead reports to the Quality Manager and. He/ She ensures the quality of the site installations is consistent with the company plans, policies and procedures together with national and international standards, codes, regulatory and jurisdiction requirements and the customers’ specifications. The QA/QC Lead is responsible for maintaining the Quality programs throughout the lifecycle of the project and to communicate any changes to all personnel that are directly responsible for the quality deliverables.
- Supervise and assign quality staff as needed, develop assignments for discipline work and multiple shifts
- Prepare / direct work execution packages for Inspection staff
- Develop and or update any project quality documents required for the project such as identifying and implementing client quality deliverables into the ITP per site-specific quality plan. Ensure adequate records are maintained, and review and countersign Inspectors reports as needed
- Ensure Inspectors are provided with necessary training and equipment
- Interface and coordinate with Project Personnel; Company & Client to generate and or maintain and track various logs, reports, and records
- Communicate with Turnover Leads to ensure quality deliverables are on target to support construction and turnover schedules
- Assist in reviews of shop drawings, Construction Work Plans (CWPs).
- Develop & implement the necessary tools to track daily progress for all QA/QC activities (Spread sheets/Access Database)
- Provide training to direct reports and other cross functional personnel that are directly involved with the quality program
- Review vendors and Subcontractors QA/QC documents in accordance with contractual requirements
- Ensure materials are received, handled, stored and preserved in accordance with company and client requirements
- Ensure required quality documents are compiled for turnover packages to meet the Client-specified schedule
- Support implementation of Corrective Actions, Preventative Actions, as well as the Non-conformances. Participate in the NCR and rework reporting system, work trend analysis, processing of and compiling responses to Client and internally
- Assist in resolving quality issues with third parties or Suppliers and monitor Sub-contractors performance and or deliverables.
- Participate in the development of staffing plans to ensure the quality department is resourced to meet project schedules
- Coordinate final inspections to determine work to go lists and exceptions lists
- Ensure engineering changes are approved by the client and that all change management documentation is verified and closed out as the work is completed
- Verify QA Group As-Built/Redline drawings to the actual field conditions and submit them to turnover department in accordance with the turnover schedule
- Attend internal & client meetings to represent and speak on behalf of the quality control and quality assurance department; contribute information during team meetings with regards to current/outstanding issues and/or weekly progress
- Interface with all functions/positions responsible for the construction and testing of systems
- Complete and submit daily/monthly documents to the appropriate departments. (E.g., QA Group timesheets).
- Complete all HR paperwork in accordance with company HR policies/procedures and processes
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned not otherwise captured in this position description
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of College diploma/certificate required; Journeyman / Inter-provincial tradesman or certified engineering technician preferred.
- 10+ years quality/inspection experience preferred - CWB Level I or 2 Welding Inspector with W178.2 CSA W47.1 & CSA W59 & B31.3 Code Endorsements preferred, complemented by excellent technical, planning, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conversant and knowledgeable on International Codes and Standards.
- Ability to coordinate and manage priorities to meet deadlines with strong coordination and organization skills;
- Advanced skill level in MS Office Package; Word & Excel preferred