Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This job is good for a single non committed individual
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Jurupa ValleyNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free shower credit, points to buy food, drinks ect
Cons: sitting for long periods of time. sleeping in a confined space.
This driving position required OTR over the road driving. Driving 13,000 miles and being away from home for 27 days. This does not work for me. I need a local job so I won't be away from home for so many consecutive days.

Hardest part of the job was backing into tight dock areas. Enjoyable part of the job was the ability to see the country.
Perfect job for the time
Driver (Former Employee), Lewiston, IdahoNovember 17, 2014
I really love driving, but the being away from home just did not play well for my family. I learned much from the experience and was able to learn much about the country in my travels. The most difficult part was lack of information regarding delivery access to locations and unanticipated delivery/pickup procedures of some customers.
nice terminals lots of things to do
trucker driver (Former Employee), denver coloradoNovember 17, 2014
good company with a lot of respect for there drivers they also have a lot of different types of truck to drive
OTR
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Greer, SCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: did not make accommodations for sleep overs
Away from home more than I would like to be. Great company for men...not very women friendly unless you work in the office.
no what you think
mentor (Current Employee), greerNovember 12, 2014
Pros: nine
Cons: to many to list
Swift do not care about its drives at all. You will hear from swift . we are here to help you. That's not the case. 90% of the time swift will not help you. I can not think of any thing good to say about swift.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee), PhoenixNovember 9, 2014
Pros: you can buy great household stuff from the cargo store for cheap
Cons: aweful management
Unorganized, management is horrible with no structure what-so-ever, therefore there's no structure with the employees. This is a very large establishment, strict rules need to be implimented. If it starts with management it will trinkle down to the enmployees and things would run smoother and there wouldn't be such a high turn over in a lot of departments.
swift workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, GANovember 7, 2014
Pros: free showers
Cons: hard to sleep
rive to pick up your load, then get your rout in order , head out to your destination, had to be responsible to get the merchandise to and from in a safe timely manner .most of the time there are no co workers you work alone, the most enjoyable part of the job is traveling
Long-haul driving across the USA
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2014
The best part of the job was seeing new areas of the country.
The worst part was being away from home 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
very unorganized
Truck Driver potato hauler (Former Employee), Pasco, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: home every night
Cons: you may work 14 hrs a day agin fight to get work done on the truck
again they did not have a very good maintenance program but you did get paid buy the hour
job not to much work
Driver/Mentor (Former Employee), texasNovember 4, 2014
Pros: had my on truck
Cons: not making money
most day looking for loads to make money.learn how trucking work in a big company. would have just wanted to make more money had to buy a truck in order to do that
a job for new dravers only
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2014
Swift is a good company for the new drivers that just got out of school
managment closed doors.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDNovember 3, 2014
Pros: on own mostly
Cons: dont back drivers
driving eleven hrs.
over the road deliveries
management didn't care about driver
co workers ok
not being paid right
traveling cross country
Great Company to start out with.
OTR/Dedicated/Surge Driver (Current Employee), 11 Western RegionNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good starter company/ no forced dispatch
Cons: communication takes forever to reach the right people, handle it yourself
Many other trucking companies offer higher mileage and or some other empty promise that they dont intend to keep. The pay is typically the key to anyone's longevity within the company.

OTR is perfect for the person who has little or no family and not much of a social life. If this is not you and you are a trucker there is no reason you cant work a – more... dedicated run or a local job.

The worst aspect about this job is the amount of people you have to inform in order to change the gameplans of any job you do. NO one wants to take responsibility for any decision making. As a truck driver always playing beat the clock I personally have no patience for waiting on somebody else to do their job. If you are the type of person that does not take charge of the situations at hand you will hate this company. There is just too many people who have an influx amount of authority trying to control when and where the loads need to go and have a care free attitude about your schedule as a driver. – less
Stay away!!
Driver (Former Employee), Cleburne,txNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the dispatchers are nice and work with you.
Cons: low pay, dirty trucks, unstable work schedule
Walmart dedicated in cleburne.Terrible company to work for. Well below pay scale for a good professional driver. They expect you to do several tasks for free. No set work schedule..they expect drivers to be ready to go at all times of the day and night.
GOOD COMPANY
Driver Leader (Current Employee), Tifton, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: low pay
Typical work day is dispatching drivers - great hours - good job
Do not recommend this company for owner/ops
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
My personal experience was not a good one, was not given miles needed to pay my expenses as owner/op and pay taxes and take care of my family!!
Swift Trucking
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of terminals
Cons: left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. lack of communication
Went to company as an O/O and was told many things.

The DM is great and the planner we dealt with was great as well. But the weekend and lack of freight and the money that was promised, is not what I had hoped for.

I cant just work to pay the truck and move freight, I have a family and bills to pay.
loved driving a crossed the country
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Troutdale, OROctober 27, 2014
Pros: loved traveling
Cons: being away from family
pick up and deliver freight from different companies and deliver it to other customers
Swift transportation is ok
Mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good place to get experence
Cons: treated as lower class
Swift is not bad they don't care about anything but keeping trucks on the road , which is ok that's what they do, but when it comes Christmas , thanksgiving, all management will not be there but everyone else is expected to , you are definitely treated as lower class . however it is a great place to build experience because they will just let you work – more... on trucks until there done , you repair everything that is damaged . – less
swift
admin/ receptionnst (Current Employee), memphisOctober 19, 2014
Pros: has a cafe
Cons: to many to list
didnt know they were hiring for my position. hmm overall memphis terminal is ok to work for. just watch who you talk to and deal with

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Photos