Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lol not bad
Truck driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2015
my pay check was always there...but don't do there lease program its a pain in the but if your not running team its not worth it
Over the Road Driving
Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 16, 2015
Pros: Cross country driving and getting paid for it
Cons: Driving long distance alone
Waiting for a load and then driving across country to deliver the product, some down time. No co-workers to really deal with, the hardest part of the job-driving alone
Most enjoyable-freedom and traveling the country and getting paid for it.
MANAGEMENT IS NOT TRAINED CORRECTLY
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2015
WORKING FOR SWIFT TRANSPORTATION WAS GREAT UNTIL DRIVER MANAGERS TRY TO TELL DRIVERS THEY CAN'T HAVE
MORE THAN TWO DAYS OFF EVEN AFTER THE DRIVER HAS BEEN OUT ON THE ROAD FROM THREE TO FOUR WEEKS
Too much micro managment
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry (Former Employee), OklahomaMay 15, 2015
Pros: immediate boss was great
Cons: micro managing by the upper management
Too many chefs in the kitchen. The more I did the more they wanted! Upper managment (my bosses boss) was a nightmare! Drivers were rude when they didn't get it their way. Wasted 9 years with this company thinking it would get better but it got worse instead. I remember when the owner actually cared about ALL of the employees.
swift
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2015
coworkers..awesome.
management...ok
work was there in the shop,not so much if you were a driver. lots of angry drivers deliberately breaking trucks so they didnt have to do loads and get paid hourly to wait for a new truck. Had alot of fun working in the shop. We all helped each other out on each job.
horrible job
Long haul operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXMay 14, 2015
this is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for i wish i didnt go through them to even get my cdl because they are a ok school but the company it self sucks the pay is low and miles are also
bad supervision
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 14, 2015
Pros: good potential way to make money
Cons: not enough home time
very unorganized and unprofessionally ran. Over 10 managers over you. neither of them anserw they phone when you need to reach them. they all tell u different things that go against what the other says.
My typical day is on the road. Thats good because I enjoy it, but need more time with my family.
Operador de Transporte (Current Employee), 1101 Carriers Dr, Laredo Texas 78045May 13, 2015
Pros: The salary is good and the enviroment good too.
Cons: I stay on the road every day. I need stay more time with my family.
I worked in team, and then this is very complicated because is like to live with a person every day and every night. Thats so dificult. But the job individual is good.
you are just a number. .
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Duncan, SCMay 12, 2015
Pros: sometimes get good miles
Cons: lots of sitting and not getting paid
Been a otr driver 2.5 years now..had 15 trucks . People inside treat u like trash . Your mile go up and down ever week one week 2100. Next 2800. Then back to 1900... pay check sometimes are wrong u have to wait 2 weeks to 3 weeks for them to fix it right... the computer they put in the trucks break down all the time.. hometime .take more then 4 days off lose your truck.. . U may gross 850 a week . But most of the time it 650 to 500
drove crazy amount of hours.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: you get paid money
Cons: you don't get paid what you are worth
This company cares nothing about its employees. They send you to wrong addresses and get mad when the load is late. They expect you to give them your soul and get mad when you don't smile about it.
teas only
Depot Assistant Supervisor (Clerk; Checker) (Former Employee), Beit BridgeMay 5, 2015
Pros: teas only
Cons: lunch breaks for 30 minutes
Preparing the deliveries of cargo , matching cagro to the consinment notes, receipting freight cost per consignment,, going to the different farmers to collect freight charges, preparing consignment notes, preparing cargo manifests for the diferen destinsations. Paying driver allowance, preparing salaries & overtime work sheets,paying workers. preparing banking, Booked driver both incoming and outgoing local and regional and attending stakeholers & farmers meetings.
We worked as a team under the supervisor.
The hardest part was to deal with some farmers who could not pay their bills on time.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with the Customs department and the vehicle inspection departments as they we very suppotive.
steady employment.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: steady employment
Cons: not enough home time
steady employment, but not enough home time. but the staff is professional when it comes down to talking to the drivers with respect and concern.
Equipment is junk, 12-14 hour days, les than 1k/wk
Intermodal driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
Driving Intermodal , start at 5:00am home at 7:30pm. Barely enough time to eat dinner and relax. The zip code to zip code milage calculation is a way for them to steal money from you on every trip you drive. Example: Milwaukee Wisconsin - Swift milage:87 actual mileage : 110.
Now the equipment. I have been with the fir 3 months and driven 6 different trucks. All of them were in dire need of repair. You just drive it till it breaks down, take it for repairs and never see it again. Find another piece of junk to drive.
Fast Paced Office
Driver Leader (Current Employee), College Park, GAApril 23, 2015
I enjoy the fast paced work environment. I enjoy working with drivers in the transportation industry. I manage about 50 drivers a day and assist in making sure they get daily plans and dispatches. I handle the payroll for hourly drivers. I communicate with drivers through the QUALCOMM and phone.
Run Run Run from this company
driver (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: It's a dishonest business
The training school is a scam. They charge you 4400 bucs to go to a lot in Utah and stand around. I got 20 minutes of seat time and zero classroom training. I did get my license but it wasn't worth what I paid for it!!!!! They get you to sign a contract for payment. DONT DO IT. There are much better options than Swift for training.... The pay is not good either. The driver managers have favorites that they give the miles to. Pay is based on miles. You bump a dock and
I have sat as much as 7 hours waiting for a load or unload. Time that you are not getting paid for unless you count the 12 per hour after 2 hours. Basically no pay... You have other options for training. Community Colleges offer truck driver training now for less than half of what Swift charges.. It's a ripoff! !!!!!
fun
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
otr was fun at times long days paper work. loads sealsa on trailer r wright. pad locks ect good money job kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
ITS PRODUCTIVE JOB ALSO
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
I DRIVE TO A CUSTOMER AND WAIT FOR HOURS. SOMETIME TWO OR THREE FOR PICK-UP, WHEN I DELIVER THE GOODS TO A CUSTOMER THEY MIGHT BE. NO MANAGER
AND NO CO-WORKER. THE HARDEST PART IS TO DRIVE FOR FIFTEEN HOURS AND THE CUSTOMER ISN'T THERE FOR WHATEVER REASON. NOTHING
Largest transportation company in the U.S
On-Site Manager / Weyerhaeuser (Current Employee), Henderson, COApril 16, 2015
I have worked for Swift Transportion since 1999 and Ive enjoyed working here throughout these years. A typical day at Swift transportaion is helping internal and external customers with their needs. Ive learned alot from the management through out these years, the positive notes ive tried to make them better and the negative notes i avoid doing to my emplolyees. The hardest part of the this job is reducing turnover.
Excellent Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXApril 14, 2015
Driving over the road was a lot of fun.Got to see and meet different people and learn other cultures of the business. Owners were very caring and thoughtful of there drivers. Ensured their was a work life balance. Safety first was very important. Overall excellent company
Road warriors
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good lease program
Cons: long days away from home
Swift transportation is 1 of the leaders in the transportation industry great company if your trying to get your foot in the field of commercial driving

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital