Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to start a driving carrer
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good enviroment to work
Cons: low pay back those times
my first experience as a truck driver and i still love drive today,they have a tractor trucks terminals bases almost in every state which i love it.The only thing its back that time iwas begining my driving carrer and dicide to change and stay driving local with other company.
Great company that treat their drivers bad
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), South FloridaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, take him a truck
Cons: limited days home, forced dispatched, petty games
Pros: They help you get a cdl. As a solo new driver .33 cent per mile.

Cons:The academy sUcks. No one on one time you have to be able to use youtube and google properly and inplement it. Its no free food or bonuses no matter what the recruitment tell you. They treat the drivers horrible. Im a new driver and they have spiteful times they would have me wait 5 days out on the road in the winter for a 300 mile empty then a T-call. Smh. I don't understand how such a big company with so many "loads" can have driver siting like ducks. Same with an owner op. Had him siting for 3 weeks. They kept playing the dispatch game where they "dispatched" him to no loads so he couldn't get any. Smh it's crazy the games the DM's play.
Not What You Expect
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: away from home, pay is horrible
Truck driving at its worst. You are told one thing and given numerous explanations as to why it was not true in the first place.
satisfactory
OTR Driver (Current Employee), augusta, gaFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoy driving over the road although i am not at home much, management could be better but my current overall experience is ok.
Very routine & cultured diverse environment.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits, vacation
Cons: at time upper management is confusing. when you expect them to have your back, knowing all the pressure your on, they turn their heads and leave you to the fire.
Typical workday for managers starts anywhere from 5 am to 7am. As on onsite manager I worked from 5-3. These hours however were dependent on if you accomplished certain tasks. Otherwise you were in earlier the next day. Management was their. I had a boss who always was their for me until the very end. Co-workers were great, It was more of a team environment. Hardest part of the job would be attempting to accomplish all the tasks to satisfy your drivers an boss's. The most enjoyable part of the job was you made alot of long lasting relationships with the drivers.
great people to work with
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXFebruary 16, 2015
worked here for about 7years one year as company driver and the rest was owner operator had a great time traing and also had did a target account
Over the road Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 16, 2015
Great company, very professional lots of miles and loads. Training is excellent and trucks are new. I highly recommend
It is what you make of it.
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: steady work, many different fleets to choose from
Cons: low pay
12 hour shifts. Learned the whole driving industry by working for Swift and I have that to be thankful for. Gained great knowledge of the industry and the experience to move on to a better paying career.
Good company to work for.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Had a great experience working for Swift. The staff was very helpful and professional.I would recomend anybody looking for a OTR or Kansas City Local trucking job.
Good to work for
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Troutdale, ORFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: comrodery
Cons: the distance traveled to work
The people that run the shop had experience in the field. The guys in the shop could ask questions to do the job rite the first time.
loved working here
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2015
I loved what we offered the public at total long term care. a place to go during the day that offered many professional necessities to the senior community
Typical office enviornment.
Planner (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Cube farm. Normal office setting.
Great place to start and learn the transportation industry.
I work with a great group of people.
Productive and easy workplace with nice people
Operator /Mentor (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 11, 2015
I like working with this company because there was nice people and good driver management. The hardest part of this job is when you miss direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get your paychck.
Don't go here
Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: the company is a scam
I went through the schooling as required. I was let go for no reason that had to do with my job. Three weeks into training I was let go and left with a huge debt nearly impossible to pay.
Good way to travel around the states and make money
professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: bed to sleep in, travelling
Cons: the hours
I wake up look at where i am going plan it out then drive to location. the hardest part of the job was the hours always on call and not enough personal time. the best part of the job was the traveling.
A good company to start or finish your career with, if you're somewhere in the middle, look elsewhere
Driver/Driver Mentor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: see the country or at least your region
Cons: long days that you aren't fully compensated for. you give the company a lot of your time for free
Decent miles, decent equipment. More good people in some terminals, more not so good people in others. A good company to start, re-start or finish your career with, might want to find somewhere better for the in-between.
DM
Over the Road/ Owner Operator (Former Employee), phoenix, azFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: had alot of terminals
Cons: bad dm
Did not like the DM. DM was pushy and did not like me or my husband. When ask to change the DM we could not get off her board. I also had equipment troubles, that Swift put a temp. fix on and the truck never ran right.
Loved being in charge
Transporter (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Good company, enjoyed going across states lines. It was a wonderful experience. Was able to meet great people. Enjoyed the road.
As trucking company's go, not too bad. Good managers and fair route assignments.
Commercial Truck Driver/Owner-Operator (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: nice people, many terminals, a lot of big accounts
Cons: hometime, expensive leases, could pay more for o/o
As an O/O, you can pick your routes, time off, and what you want to do. Pay could have been better had I taken anything offered. Enjoyed working there, but home time was limited in order to pay for lease on truck. Had to be rolling frequently.
below average company
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 31, 2015
What I loved the most about Swift was my driver's, Swift as a whole, is very unfair company, even though I made very nice salary while working for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Photos