Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Training
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
They train you and set you out on your own but forget that some of the training does not pertain to everyday real life situations.
For example; your backing training consists of off set, straight line backing and parallel parking. what you really need everyday is alley dock backing, offset and straight line backing.

When you have a crash backing they blame the accident on you as a driver when the fault needs to go back onto the company.
truck driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Drove from point A to point to B make deliveries. Over the road truck driver.
great company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good trucks and good people
Cons: not a loot of home time
Great place to work good managers Just don't get a lot of home time.
BIG Company with a Personal Touch...
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great equipment, terminal's everywhere
Cons: 1 day off for every week out...didn't like that!!
Would definitely go back if I wanted a career in truck driving.
Terrible company
driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: everything
Poor cpm, poor management, poor level of respect for the drivers.
keep it moving, not so swift.
Driver Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: treated like an adult here.
Cons: working 25 extra hours per month with no overtime pay
Watching my fleet manager treat/ talk to the drivers like trash is hard to hold. Long hours no extra incentives. So much to learn and very stressful managing 40 drivers per day .Pray for me while i work here. My co worker's are nosey and nice. However none of them are happy with their jobs. Since switching from Central Refrigerator to Swift a lot of people have quit, and I see why. 10hour days are a beast. Working M-F from 8am-6pm does not leave much time to handle personal business during the day.
It was a paycheck
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed the travel and getting to see all of the new places. The company did it's best to keep me busy but near the end of my employment, they weren't giving me as many runs so I had a lot of down time. It was a good experience but that's about it.
n/a
trailer mechainc (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
i inspect all trailers and perform repairs on trailers as needed and im also proficent with the as 400 system also and i also know how to weld
Great opportunity to get experience
Truck Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Great over the road experience with lack of opportunity to advance pay.
Good place to start career
Owner Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TxJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: steady work, home time great
Cons: management
Great place to work, steady home time whenever you need it. Great program to start as an owner operator.
I loved the work but Swift didn't keep any promises made by recruiter or Swift supervision
OTR CDL driver (Former Employee), Phoenix AzJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: seeing the country and good trucks to drive.
Cons: low pay, not enough work and no support
They talk a good game and promise the moon but don't deliver. I spent the last month and a half working about a week or two. I took every load I was able to take with my hours and log time and still only made 21500.00 my first year. They promised 30k base to 50k. They told me I would be kept busy and at time had no loads for 2 weeks. They promised to get me home every 3 weeks and there was a 3 month stretch I didn't get home. They also punished you for going home by not giving you loads to get you home. By the time you get home you are broke and can't afford to stay home for any length of time.
I loved the driving and seeing the country. It is unfortunate that they couldn't make it even possible to continue to be employed by them. It is a fun job and I really enjoyed the experience but found it impossible to have a family and drive for Swift.
No life
Driver (Former Employee), AlabamsJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i left
Cons: i was still there
Its a great place if your a loner and have zero reasons to live.
OTR
DRIVER -- OTR (Former Employee), PhoenixJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: own truck, solo driving
Cons: 3weeks out
Getting my truck and my load assignment and then heading out to pick up my load, and delivering to costumer. good time management making many friends, hardest part of job being away from home and family. and the most enjoyable part was the open road.
Productive company
Equipment Control Coordinator / Dispatch (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall a nice environment to start learning about the transportation business. Great people to work for.
Lonley and alot of driving
truck driver OTR (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: run over almost any clown
Cons: clowns everywhere
alot of time spent in very small box with no toilet! Goverment runs all details invovled in getting . products from here to there. Every step has its own little stack of paperwork that needs to be done and done the right way.Then we have to file,reference and process it.The rules that apply to us on the road rule everything we do from dawn to dusk.One thing to note is our log book telling our days story which can'tbe off by 5 minutes.Fun that never stops(Except during rush hour)
My other job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: don't teach everything
My typical day at work is hauling trailer's with loads to warehouses.
I learned they don't teach you everything and they like to set you up to fail. The management sucks poorly. Some co-workers are good to get a long with but some are not understanding. The hardest part of the job would be backing up into docks to unload cause there are some that can be really tight. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving the truck and traveling in the truck.
A Good company
OTR Truck Driver & Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: very good equipment.
Cons: out on the road way too much.
Swift is the largest Trucking company in the country. But, they are so big that they do sometimes forget the individual needs of their drivers.
dont drive for swift
truck driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
dont drive for swift they dont give care about there drivers
Never got home.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good miles.
Cons: never got home.
I think I really made the hiring managers day when I told him I didn't have anyone at home because once they had me out on the road, I never got home. Which is good for making money but after months on the road with a break you can find that your sense of humor about the people driving around you disappears.
Pulled over height and over length doubles, 11 western states.
SLOW GO
Driver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 9, 2015
OTR truck driver. I learned I didn't want to work for this company. The Driver Managers were unorganized and if you did get a load, you could lose it in the middle and have to drop it somewhere. The hardest part would be the horrible pay due to unreliable loads not to mention the down time due to poor equipment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Photos