Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you love to travel.
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TxAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Getting to see the country.
Cons: Reduced pay for training.
Nice place to work, instructors are informative. Learned to drive a big rig and be comfortable making deliveries. Sometimes you can be paired with someone who is not in your age group and you have to be understanding.
Long distance truck driver with experience delivering to several states dealing with a variety of distributors and suppliers.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Truck driver adept at navigation and efficient, on time deliveries. Personable and energic. Depenable and committed to getting each job done quickly, efficiently, and safetly. Air break certification. Heavy hauling. Cargo handling. Safety minded. Map reading expert. Defensive driving. Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules.
My job at Swift Transportation
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Short rest periods
For me, a typical day for Swift Transportation was being on the road for many hours a day. I had good supervisors who knew what they were doing. The hardest part of this job was the long hours I put in. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting various interesting individuals in many different states and well as seeing the beautiful and differing landscapes of America.
Great company to start off your truck driving career
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST/ROUTE DELIVERY (Former Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: obtain your commercial drivers license
Cons: not enough home time
One of the biggest truck driving companies in the U.S. This company does training to obtain your commercial drivers license.
Unorganized ocmpany/ Ununfriendly
Driver (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAAugust 24, 2015
Swift was unprofitable. Typical day was road manager not communicating sending me to wrong places for delivery. Gave only small paying loads. I liked driving the experience I recieved was enjoyable . The company overall was unorganized and were not team players and disrespectful.
Was great at first
Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix azAugust 24, 2015
Pros: not alot
Cons: its swift
I do not like to complain and I know the DM's are overworked but mine tried his best to make it work out. There's too many drivers to DM ratios and it started out great paid on time and home on time then i finished training. I would request home time and get sent 1000 miles in wrong direction. then my truck broke down they didn't have a spare and I was down for 4 days i didn't get paid breakdown pay or hotel stay and it was Christmas eve so it was cold on top of it i missed a student loan payment from that and it kept piling up till i got zeroed out paychecks.
Good Culture, no follow through
Driver Manager (Current Employee), Menasha, WIAugust 18, 2015
This company does not follow through with what they say they believe in. Treat drivers terrible yet want to know why there's such high turnover? I am a DM and I see this everyday. I'll be taking my fleet with me....
Job is not sensitive to each driver.
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2015
Overall this company has many drivers but the lack of attempt to manage them is noticeable. Each terminal has a different set of rules making it hard to know what to expect.
A good work place with very good team work
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), HarareAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good lunches available at very good costs
Cons: given lot of jobs resulting in straining a worker
very productive
Team Work
management is not very bad
very humble people and fun to work with
Balancing Revenue Projected report
am able to Read when I'm free
well trained
Truck driving training school (Former Employee), Millington, TNAugust 16, 2015
well trained how to park and dock semi track
for over 200 hours past all test and finally Have CDL Class A With Tanker And Hazmat
Worked In All Weather Conditions
Followed All Safety Regulations
Hard Working, Dependable, Good Listening, Courteous
Steady miles but lack of communication between office
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Great miles
Cons: not enough per mile and lack of communication
got good miles while I ran but had a few issues with dispatch/driver manager not communicating effectively. Always was able to get short runs rather than waiting around for a long run. Always asked what stuff I could do to help and always was moving.
Productive and always changing for improvement
Recruiting Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2015
Consistently busy all day, everyday so the days go by rather quickly. My title does not match my job duties by any means. I support multiple departments primarily Driver Recruiting. Responsible for reviewing, auditing and processing billings for various department vendors. Ensure all billings are accurate and paid. Database account and training setup for new department employees, assist with manually ordering driver records thru HireRight, manage adverse letters, run weekly/monthly hire reports, manage all 3rd party contract recruiter/dedicated processors, assist safety compliance personnel – more... with any Tenstreet database questions, back up classroom instructor for the Driver Orientation Facilitator, assist safety compliance team by submitting new driver files to generate employee codes as well as submit rate of pay changes for drivers previous experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the gratification of being able to assist customers internally/externally, answer their questions, and teach them something. Whether it's how to use our many databases or referencing information provided. Just seeing them implement the knowledge I've shared with them and having them use in their daily job makes me happy. – less
lots of positions available, local, regional, otr, etc.
driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: nice local job, friendly staff
Cons: terrible equipment but they are slowly getting new trucks in
I worked on the Home Depot dedicated account in Dallas TX. Dispatchers were friendly and easy to work with. Pay wasn't the best. Only $150 per day and a $100 safety bonus each week. Then again there's alot of otr drivers out there living on the road for weeks at a time making less. That job had me home every day. Night shift was best because less traffic and they usually run out of loads and send us home early. Only complaint I have is the equipment. Swift has nice new otr sleeper trucks but most of the day cabs are really terrible. I am considering going back.
very poor maintenence and employee treatment
Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
Could not get trucks fixed. Big on slogans and qualcomm macros, poor in real world application. Don't care if you ever get home. Poor pay, Low morale. Will constantly complain about idle time even if it is 100 degrees outside.
Not a bad company to start back into the field
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pottsvile,PaAugust 11, 2015
If you go try very hard to get a dedicated account with this company. Only way to see any real money for the time you are going to be away from home.
It had to be better.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Driving
Cons: no help
Nothing the company promised was true. I felt I received a lot of ill will and eventually quit. The company had all these benefits in place. However no help with actually doing them. After sometime I picked up on other things of course. Which lead to me realizing they were not trying to help me be the Driver I wanted to be. Maybe going through their school program is different and you receive more help and information.
Two Star Rating
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Menasha, WIAugust 9, 2015
The staff are hard to work with; some are rude. I worked for six months and then moved on. Do not drive truck anymore. A typical day at work is operating a truck that is broken down or a trailer broken down all the time; spend too much time in the shop. The hard part to deal with is dispatch. The most enjoyable part is traveling and seeing the country. I do not work with co-workers; I operate the truck. I learned that this company enjoys drivers being on down time while trucks are in the shop.
swift dedicated
on site dedicated manager (Current Employee), dallas txAugust 9, 2015
company has offer great career advancement but now at ceiling and want new challenge and growth. i need challenges and growth want to move ahead, and increase challenge.
Awesome place to work.
CS Specialist/Regional/International Accounts (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere
Cons: N/A
I typical day at Swift is to book freight. I have learned how to use AS400, I have a great relationship with my Team Leader as well as my co-workers. Being at Swift just seem like one BIG family we learn from each other and don't mine sharing what we have learned with each other.
An instrumental stepping stone to the future
Wal-Mart Planner (Current Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Convenient work schedule/Flexible
Cons: Prefer more of a Driver Leader/Manager position
Since beginning in November 2014, I've had the opportunity to learn several new facets in the transportation industry. I enjoy working with new people and learning new aspects of the job. A lot of on the job training and internet classes which helps with the process. Glad I had the opportunity to work here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital