Swarovski

Swarovski Employee Reviews

Extremely fun workplace with different people.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 11, 2015
Everyday at work is a fun day. From previous work experiences I have been working mostly as a team where I have to rely on my co-workers to get work done together. At Swarovski I was able to develop my leadership and interpersonal and communication skills.
Pros
I learned a lot. Many fun outings were planned.
Cons
The break room was crowded and small; there was no break room.
Your average retail place
Senior Sales Associated and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2014
Nothing out of the ordinary at Swarovski, just a retail place to work like any other one.
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
Ensuring opening and closing procedures, completing paper work and ordering stock when needed, Ability to deal with customer complaints , and ensure their satisfaction, as well as meet and exceed store goals.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
not enough staff
Interesting!!!!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2014
A typical day can be very quiet depending on the location. I have learned many aspects of the jewellery business. The management is very bad as far as staff and delegating duties. some of the co - workers are very disrespectful and it can be challenging with sales. The hardest part of the job is moving forward within the company. The most enjoyable part is when you have a customer that is happy and finds that special piece of jewellery to add to their accessories. when you know your really good at sales.
Pros
allocation
Cons
lack of support in moving forward within the company
Great place to work.
Administrative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple OntarioJanuary 23, 2014
Customer service, order entry, invoicing. Time management. I learned the other side of retail. Very interesting and great people to work with.
Troublesome manager
Full Time Keyholder/Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills Town Centre, OntarioMarch 9, 2013
A typical day at work would be taking on extra responsibilities like finishing my manager's work so she can leave on time, fix broken poster frames so the store can properly display the new arrivals (took too long for the manager to get a replacement) and replacing burnt out display lights and ceiling lights because as per head office instructions we're to reduce costs (no one else in the store wanted to do it so i did).
Pros
got a good taste of the bad side of being a sales associate early
Cons
very stressful working environment
Terrible Management
sales associate (Former Employee) –  BurnabyDecember 1, 2012
I worked in Swarovski Burnaby. Never had a manager being so irresponsible in my working life so far. The company allows her to hire her own daughter to work in the store. The scheduling has been favored to this new employee ever since. There are no employee benefits for part-timers. Manager disapprove employees to speak any languages other than English, but she is constantly on the phone speaking foreign languages. Callers usually refuse to leave messages, assuming those are all private calls. 19 people has left the store since it opens 2 years ago. More will be hired and more will be leaving. Even if you really like swarovski, please don't work at the one in Burnaby.
Pros
very friendly employees, good team spirit
Cons
bad manager

Comment – January 30, 2013

Terrible management team

Terrible culture and leadshership from the top
Former Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MarkhamNovember 6, 2012
Difficult to manage teams with micro-managing senior management who repeatedly make the same mistakes - over and over again. The prefer to lead their people by fear rather than trust.
Pros
nice product
Cons
leadership and customer service

Comment – November 19, 2012

I know someone who worked there and she said it wasn't a nice atmosphere to work in. The senior leadership needs to take a hard look in the mirror and not treat their people with disrespect.

Enjoyable Workplace
Brand Ambassador/ Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2012
A typical work day includes making sure all products are in order everything is clean and tidy and all paper work is filled out. What I learned gradually after the years being there is about the product, I know most of all the names of the pieces and about each of them. The co-workers are great which makes the workplace fun and enjoyable. The hardest part about the job is I'm not there everyday so being updated is sometimes miscommunicated. The best part is the co-workers and the regular customers.
Pros
free jewelery every so often
Cons
sometimes slow