Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Good times.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
It's been a great and fashionable 4 years.
I was fortunate enough to work with a group of young women who were driven, fun, fashion forward and professional.
Diverse costumers
Team Leader/ Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2017
Different culture and age group individuals were dealt with. Meanwhile the manager and assistance manager were a problem. Cant call in sick or request a day off. Always judging and doubting. The head office pressures you for no good reason. Some locations they do not even care about.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Cons
Poor management, poor salary for management, have to give up social life
High standards with high rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 July 2017
I worked for this company for a few years and received many promotions by proving myself through hard work and dedication. Great company with great values. This company taught me my foundation for business and allowed me to learn by mistake with positive coaching and training. Some periods of high stress but that can not be avoided in this line of work. Over all an amazing company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard yourself.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
low work/life balance
Worst place I have ever worked
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 July 2017
They are a company that is dying. They do not train you. They have expectations that they do not communicate to you. They treat people like numbers and terminate you without warning or compensation.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON29 June 2017
A typical work day was always helping customers satisfying their needs/wants which was also the most enjoyable part of my day. I learned new skills about approaching and talking to customers. The workplace culture was always an enjoyable place to work everyone always got along and there was never any workplace conflict between the staff. The management team was always so helpful and made me actually want to go into work. The hardest part of the day was dealing with customers that no matter what you did, you could not satisfy them.
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
short hours
Very professional
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
The best company I ever worked for. Treated their employees in the most respectable way, very caring yet business minded, allowing employees to grow successfully.
Pros
Cons
nne
I loved it
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 June 2017
I enjoyed working for the company. Everyone was very nice and friendly and very supportive when I quit to take care of my children. I definitely recommend working for this company.
Seasonal Employee
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
I was hired for seasonal sales that they would have. My main tasks would be to make sure my section of the floor is clean, which means the clothes are folded and not on the floor and also ensure a customer enjoys their experience at the store.
Lack of appreciation for hours worked, no support from head office
Management (Current Employee) –  Northern Ontario7 May 2017
I wish I had more positive things to say. I am management and worry about repocossions as my DM is unprofessional. I have tried to reach out to head office but they don't listen. Northern Ontario used to have a lot of support from the previous DM. She offered a lot of support and was more motivating. In whole, I enjoy so much about my job, the customers, merchandising. It's sad that all of your hard work is never enough. When the DM and her boss visit they point out everything wrong about the store, even though I increased sales since I arrived. That still isn't enough.
Pros
Customers, merchandising.
Cons
Lack of support from head office, lack of positive recognition
Amazing place to work, friendly staff!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 May 2017
I absolutely loved working here, the staff was amazing and made everyday easier. The workplace can range from fast to slow depending on the day and promotions in store. I learned how to maintain customer satisfaction and multi task while serving several customers at a time. The best part of my job was hearing customers show their appreciation towards you.
An okay workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2017
Negative environment due to the given management, worked too hard and not paid enough, no significant benifits other than the employee discount, coworkers are the best part of this work environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
hours are given at times but sometimes they aren't
note globale
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC28 April 2017
très bonne entreprise mais le salaire trop bas pour la tâches à accomplir
Pros
bonne relation entre employés
Cons
salaires minimum
i used work with containers
Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2017
i used work with containers in suzy and i stop work there Because the Company it was to far from my home i was get 13 $$$ in hour i was love my job but it was far
Good Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 April 2017
I was very happy with my position there just moved on to a better opportunity. My staff was always willing to help, The assistant manager became manger so that was amazing to know that all the training we did helped her move up the ladder of success.
I was seasonal employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 April 2017
I only worked as part-time sales associate during christmas so I can not say much about the company, but the manager I had was not very encouraging. She hired me to just help organizing the store and customers and did not teach me stuffs at cashier.
envorionnement de travaille conpétitif
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 April 2017
J'aime la compétion, mais malheureusement cette emploi était très loin de chez moi et le transport me donnais beaucoup de fatigue donc j'ai du quiter.
good place to work
Inventory Manager/ part time key holder (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2017
this company is wonderful to work with. you get to interact with new and returning customers every day and get too be part of an amazing team. each day you come into work you think today is going to be amazing and it is!
Pros
good team
Cons
many of conflicts
good store, horrible management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2017
i am biased because the manager and i didn't get along. but the job itself was fun, helping customers choose the right outfit for specific occasions..
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
bad management
Fun work place!
Part Time Cashier and Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 March 2017
I've been working at Suzie Shier for 6 moths now ! And I love it , the people I work with are amazing and the teamwork is the best. Are main goal is to help are customers and making them happy when they are looking for cloths.We also help them choose different style and that make the environment work really fun!
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace that offered great customer service
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
The workplace culture was a little unhealthy but served customers well. They had a good procedure to ensure that customers are being served and assisted.