Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Friendly environment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  fairview mall Kitchener, ON3 December 2016
All the team stuffs and the employee are nice to each other
The customers were friendly and the were pleased with Suzy Shier's products
Pros
Discounts for their employees
Cons
Flexible schedule
Not a good experience
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 November 2016
Very poor management, extremely little organization and poor communication. Overall lack of respect between the management and staff as well as no one believing in what we were promoting.
The hardest part of the day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 November 2016
The hardest part was during rush hour and we had to make sure customers don't steal, which was hard when you were working when the store was full of people.
Pros
fixed schedule
Cons
not good management
My experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I was blessed to have worked with such an amazing team, and it was great how much I was able to contribute to our work environment. Our store was well organized and maintained. Our management team also never neglected to ensure that we reviewed updates and changes to company policy and security. Nevertheless the commute was challenging and as a part timer it was difficult for me to maintain this job. But overall my experience there was quite positive.
A fun atmosphere with great people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 October 2016
Suzy Shier is a great company. I enjoy my work, I enjoy the product and I have a great respect for the upper management. The salary and benefits are not the greatest so I am always looking for opportunities and open to offers.
Great product, unrealistic expectations.
Management (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario20 October 2016
I met some great people and still keep in touch with many.
They have a great training program however difficult to train staff due to shortage of hours.
Customer service was the part of my job responsibilities I enjoyed. However, due to high expectations, high stock levels and constant visual changes and low hours unfortunately I couldn't provide the level of service I would have liked to.
In the past few years, upper management has forgotten what it's like to be at store level and has set unrealistic expectations of the stores, therefore decreasing morale.
It's disappointing as they have such a great product at affordable prices and this used to be the best place to work in the mall.
Pros
Hour lunches, co-pay benefits for full time
Cons
Low morale due to unrealistic expectations, low hours
Unrealistic expectations within hours given to stores
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 October 2016
I met many great people during my time with the company. The first five years were great and I was able to retain staff for lengthy periods of time, above the expected time in retail industry. When VP, RM changed, the culture changed. It became so regimental. Expectations were unrealistic. Morale became low due to upper management never recognizing positive results. The new RM is a puppet and cares nothing about her people. Turnover increased by 60%! Job security non existent.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, lack of opportunity for advancement
Team was great
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
Every team I worked with was great, but hard to advance within the company; at times I felt that a lot of my hard work was overlooked. Good job for students, but be prepared to fight tooth and nail for advancement
Pros
Discounts and exposure to various fashion trends
Cons
Hard to advance withing company
Terrible place to work.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 September 2016
Was a terrible place to work. The company was so unorganized. The manager and assistant manger and team lead were awful and just ignored anyone new. I was lied to about my position. Headoffice never returns any calls.

I would never recommened anyone working there.
Cons
Unorganized, terrible people, unfriendly, can't train right, headoffice is awful.
Productive and amazing work crew
sales associate and/or cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2016
Usually showing up to work is exciting and if not the sales crew eventually gets you there. I learned a lot about persistence, responsibility, gratitude and commitment. The management team is amazing. All the women and men there were there to guide you and help you have a great sales experience. The most enjoyable part was going to occasional dinners for the sales team.
Pros
Quality time, new friendships
Cons
I really enjoyed the customer services aspect of the job, but the downfall was the lack a family/work balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
The fashion industry is great way to gain confidence become more outgoing. Helping meet customers needs was the best part of the job. If Suzy Shier would understand that a lifestyle balance is important the company would attract more qualified applicants and be able to have less turn around.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Lack of family support
Expectations too high with no reward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2016
This company expects too much from their employees with no reward. They expect you to push product on customers when there is no commission, to the point where you are reprimanded if targets are not met.
They expected a lot of responsibility with no compensation and there was little room for growth.
Very flexible with scheduling and coworkers were always great.
visual Art and Fashion trends
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2016
Every day is a challenge, we strive to make our goals, earn prestige members, recommend costumers to take 5% of range, and sell more clothes for the sales. There are so many things I've learned and is still learning from this place. One of them are patience, perseverance and communication. Because Suzy Shier mostly attracts office ladies, we need to act accordingly. Despite my age, I have learn to be mature and calmly solve any problems. The harder part is their management. They're too articulate particularly with small details. Strict and stressful, which affects our work environment. My co workers are amazing, only I was unfortunate to start at a place where there were too many dramas, reason why I transferred to another store. Although I've learn quite a lot. Now that they changed the employees of this certain work place, it is a lot better to breath. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to communicate with professional ladies thus, widen up my directions. Great opportunity if you are determined, learning fashion trends and visual management.
Pros
co workers buys you drink
Cons
costumers with attitude
It was relatively good
CLOTHING STORE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON2 July 2016
This was a nice setting to volunteer at since, I met a lot of new people and further developed my communication skills, although working in the back got a little tiring.
Pros
New people
Cons
unpaid
stern
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2016
short hours, 3 hours per week. Surprise mystery shoppers, gave bad ratings if the story was busy and you couldn't focus on them only.
Cons
inconstant scheduling
Enjoyable enviroment
Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 June 2016
This job was a fun place to work and the team I worked with made going to work enjoyable. My manager was amazing and made my job even better.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
district manager
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 June 2016
was one of my favourite jobs, coworkers were like a family, fun job, manager was very accommodating of my school and sports schedule, on your feet for long hours.
felt worse than highschool
Shift Leader key holder (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS26 May 2016
ran buy clicks, felt like highschool.
staff was very fake.
customers and cliental were amazing, such sweet people.

hours were not fair.
they cut mine from 35-3 with no notice.

lots of secret shoppers but all very nice and very obvious.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
judgement.
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2016
it was a fun place to work just a little to fun, manager does not do good job , very slow pace job , to much drama for a workplace.
fast pace environment
Junior Buyer/ Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC19 May 2016
A day at working at Suzy Shier is very different as it is an extremely fast paced enviroment. We as buyers are currently on the watch for current trends and react to them quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with product and bringing trends that best suit our target market. The greatest satisfaction is seeing a style created or purchased become a best seller. the hardest part of the job is the lack of advancement. The office is Montreal based buying department consists of a few buyers. I am looking for a compay I can grow my career long term.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
advancement

2.9