Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Fun, classy stylish
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
For someone that has worked and been around guys (In the gym and during rec games) its a breath of fresh air for me to work with all female employee staff. The ladies I work with are fun but strict given it is a work place, very understanding when it comes to emergencies . Shifts depending on certain days and location you work can be slow but the duties along with the soundtracks in the store help pass the time.
My experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I was blessed to have worked with such an amazing team, and it was great how much I was able to contribute to our work environment. Our store was well organized and maintained. Our management team also never neglected to ensure that we reviewed updates and changes to company policy and security. Nevertheless the commute was challenging and as a part timer it was difficult for me to maintain this job. But overall my experience there was quite positive.
Suzy shier
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2017
It's not the best company I don't see myself here for the long run and I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone to be honest it's good for a job when your in school or just getting out but it's not a career there's really no opportunity for growth within the company .
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not paid enough, work you to the bone with no reconation.
Unrealistic expectations within hours given to stores
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 October 2016
I met many great people during my time with the company. The first five years were great and I was able to retain staff for lengthy periods of time, above the expected time in retail industry. When VP, RM changed, the culture changed. It became so regimental. Expectations were unrealistic. Morale became low due to upper management never recognizing positive results. The new RM is a puppet and cares nothing about her people. Turnover increased by 60%! Job security non existent.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, lack of opportunity for advancement
Great product, unrealistic expectations.
Management (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario20 October 2016
I met some great people and still keep in touch with many.
They have a great training program however difficult to train staff due to shortage of hours.
Customer service was the part of my job responsibilities I enjoyed. However, due to high expectations, high stock levels and constant visual changes and low hours unfortunately I couldn't provide the level of service I would have liked to.
In the past few years, upper management has forgotten what it's like to be at store level and has set unrealistic expectations of the stores, therefore decreasing morale.
It's disappointing as they have such a great product at affordable prices and this used to be the best place to work in the mall.
Pros
Hour lunches, co-pay benefits for full time
Cons
Low morale due to unrealistic expectations, low hours
Productive and amazing work crew
sales associate and/or cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2016
Usually showing up to work is exciting and if not the sales crew eventually gets you there. I learned a lot about persistence, responsibility, gratitude and commitment. The management team is amazing. All the women and men there were there to guide you and help you have a great sales experience. The most enjoyable part was going to occasional dinners for the sales team.
Pros
Quality time, new friendships
Cons
productive and nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
The most enjoyable part about working there was the environment the people and my co workers, everyone was so nice and very helpful! getting to know them and even customers that came often was a nice experience.
Pros
building my customer service skills
Cons
not getting to learn cash
I really enjoyed the customer services aspect of the job, but the downfall was the lack a family/work balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
The fashion industry is great way to gain confidence become more outgoing. Helping meet customers needs was the best part of the job. If Suzy Shier would understand that a lifestyle balance is important the company would attract more qualified applicants and be able to have less turn around.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Lack of family support
C'est une très bonne ambiance
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2017
Ma gerante ma beaucoup appris sur tout et elle m'entraîne en CE moment pour avoir la cles du magasin si elle aurai besoin de quelque pour ouvrir et ferme le magasin. ( pour etre une chef d'équipe )
Pros
Free snacks and foods
Cons
JE n'ai pas beaucoup d'heure des fois
Terrible place to work.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 September 2016
Was a terrible place to work. The company was so unorganized. The manager and assistant manger and team lead were awful and just ignored anyone new. I was lied to about my position. Headoffice never returns any calls.

I would never recommened anyone working there.
Cons
Unorganized, terrible people, unfriendly, can't train right, headoffice is awful.
Expectations too high with no reward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2016
This company expects too much from their employees with no reward. They expect you to push product on customers when there is no commission, to the point where you are reprimanded if targets are not met.
They expected a lot of responsibility with no compensation and there was little room for growth.
Very flexible with scheduling and coworkers were always great.
Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 December 2016
Promoted sales with a fast paced environment
Provided excellent customer service and performed accurate cashier duties
Helped to train new employees with basic sale associate duties
Closed or opened store and performed regular closing/opening duties
Team was great
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
Every team I worked with was great, but hard to advance within the company; at times I felt that a lot of my hard work was overlooked. Good job for students, but be prepared to fight tooth and nail for advancement
Pros
Discounts and exposure to various fashion trends
Cons
Hard to advance withing company
Great co workers Horrible business atmosphere. Back in 1970's...
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Great coworkers
Company needs to figure their business out productively. There are way behind in the times to save money to make money they can't make with what they are pocketing.
A fun atmosphere with great people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 October 2016
Suzy Shier is a great company. I enjoy my work, I enjoy the product and I have a great respect for the upper management. The salary and benefits are not the greatest so I am always looking for opportunities and open to offers.
Friendly environment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  fairview mall Kitchener, ON3 December 2016
All the team stuffs and the employee are nice to each other
The customers were friendly and the were pleased with Suzy Shier's products
Pros
Discounts for their employees
Cons
Flexible schedule
what you learned
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2016
This position taught me mostly everything I know about retail. The hardest part was leaving it to further my schooling. I believe everyone should work retail once in their life.
fun and easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2017
the cashier system is kind of outdated and can get some getting used to. the discount is pretty good but clothes are cheaply made. it gets annoying because customers are messy
Not a good experience
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 November 2016
Very poor management, extremely little organization and poor communication. Overall lack of respect between the management and staff as well as no one believing in what we were promoting.
The hardest part of the day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 November 2016
The hardest part was during rush hour and we had to make sure customers don't steal, which was hard when you were working when the store was full of people.
Pros
fixed schedule
Cons
not good management

2.9