Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABSeptember 27, 2016
Was a terrible place to work. The company was so unorganized. The manager and assistant manger and team lead were awful and just ignored anyone new. I was lied to about my position. Headoffice never returns any calls.

I would never recommened anyone working there.
Cons
Unorganized, terrible people, unfriendly, can't train right, headoffice is awful.
I really enjoyed the customer services aspect of the job, but the downfall was the lack a family/work balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 9, 2016
The fashion industry is great way to gain confidence become more outgoing. Helping meet customers needs was the best part of the job. If Suzy Shier would understand that a lifestyle balance is important the company would attract more qualified applicants and be able to have less turn around.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Lack of family support
Expectations too high with no reward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 5, 2016
This company expects too much from their employees with no reward. They expect you to push product on customers when there is no commission, to the point where you are reprimanded if targets are not met.
They expected a lot of responsibility with no compensation and there was little room for growth.
Very flexible with scheduling and coworkers were always great.
visual Art and Fashion trends
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2016
Every day is a challenge, we strive to make our goals, earn prestige members, recommend costumers to take 5% of range, and sell more clothes for the sales. There are so many things I've learned and is still learning from this place. One of them are patience, perseverance and communication. Because Suzy Shier mostly attracts office ladies, we need to act accordingly. Despite my age, I have learn to be mature and calmly solve any problems. The harder part is their management. They're too articulate particularly with small details. Strict and stressful, which affects our work environment. My co workers are amazing, only I was unfortunate to start at a place where there were too many dramas, reason why I transferred to another store. Although I've learn quite a lot. Now that they changed the employees of this certain work place, it is a lot better to breath. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to communicate with professional ladies thus, widen up my directions. Great opportunity if you are determined, learning fashion trends and visual management.
Pros
co workers buys you drink
Cons
costumers with attitude
It was relatively good
CLOTHING STORE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ONJuly 2, 2016
This was a nice setting to volunteer at since, I met a lot of new people and further developed my communication skills, although working in the back got a little tiring.
Pros
New people
Cons
unpaid
stern
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 23, 2016
short hours, 3 hours per week. Surprise mystery shoppers, gave bad ratings if the story was busy and you couldn't focus on them only.
Cons
inconstant scheduling
Enjoyable enviroment
Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 13, 2016
This job was a fun place to work and the team I worked with made going to work enjoyable. My manager was amazing and made my job even better.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
district manager
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBJune 9, 2016
was one of my favourite jobs, coworkers were like a family, fun job, manager was very accommodating of my school and sports schedule, on your feet for long hours.
felt worse than highschool
Shift Leader key holder (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSMay 26, 2016
ran buy clicks, felt like highschool.
staff was very fake.
customers and cliental were amazing, such sweet people.

hours were not fair.
they cut mine from 35-3 with no notice.

lots of secret shoppers but all very nice and very obvious.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
judgement.
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 22, 2016
it was a fun place to work just a little to fun, manager does not do good job , very slow pace job , to much drama for a workplace.
fast pace environment
Junior Buyer/ Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mont-royal, QCMay 19, 2016
A day at working at Suzy Shier is very different as it is an extremely fast paced enviroment. We as buyers are currently on the watch for current trends and react to them quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with product and bringing trends that best suit our target market. The greatest satisfaction is seeing a style created or purchased become a best seller. the hardest part of the job is the lack of advancement. The office is Montreal based buying department consists of a few buyers. I am looking for a compay I can grow my career long term.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
advancement
Productive and a fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
I met many lovely and fun people during my work experience. I was always a very shy person until I worked at Suzy shier. Not only did I open my shell, but I also met new people and created friendships with co workers and customers. I enjoy choosing outfits for customers and giving my honest opinion.
Pros
Meeting great and loving customers
Cons
No cons
Great team to work with
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 21, 2016
A typical day as a key holder at Suzy Shier is a quiet day, the mall is not always busy, but that gives us the opportunity to get some paperwork done. I worked my way up to key holder, which allowed me to learn how to do paper work such as predict sales needed for this year based on those we made last year. I also helped the manager organize the schedules every once in a while. Helping customers and providing customer service is a skill that i have enhanced in my previous experiences, but working at the mall allowed for a different demographic for me to grow accustomed to. My manager is amazing, she treats me and my coworkers as a team rather than her subordinates. We always work together to get the job done, and we enjoy doing so. Hardest part of the job is when the store is really busy and there arent enough of us to work with all the customers, having to manage our time with each customer can be very difficult. Best part of the job is the team of wonderful women i get to work with.
Pros
the team
Cons
Somewhat inflexible higher management
Good and Bad
Third Key Holder - Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 6, 2016
Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, the energy was always good which made the day go by faster. Changing the store around and getting new product daily was always exciting. Love the fashion and the variety of customers.

The pay could be better, especially since I was left alone to run a store even though I was not properly trained. There was a lot of pressure to sell memberships, most people were already members and some were not interested, that is no fault of the employee if they can not sell enough cards. People visiting from head office, I often found that we were judged based on once in a while visits. They were always looking for something wrong or to improve, even though it was one visit, that is not enough to judge or know each employee and the operation of the store. Plus some good feed back and encouragement could improve staff. I felt like a number, that if someone or someones from head office did not like me personally I would lose my job, which I did.
Pros
Employee discount, health benefits, gym discounts..etc.
Cons
Left alone to run a store and disrespect from head office
Productive workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 3, 2016
I loved the staff that I worked with on a consistent basis, a typical day at work included lots of multi-tasking. I was responsible for opening and closing the store depending on my shift that day. I enjoyed greeting customers and talking about fashion and trends. I learned a lot about how Suzy Shier operates and the unique procedures that are required.
Pros
Face paced active environment
Cons
Having to pay two separate bus fares
It's a typical customer service job in retail...
Team Leader & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 1, 2016
Nothing remarkable to note. Has a high turnover rate for staff and store management so type of management depends on the person running the store at the time.
Pros
Gain valuable communication skills, gain insight on how to treat sales associates when you are the shopper: be nice, they are just doing their job.
Cons
Boring, customers can be rude and there isnt much opportunity to build rapport
There is never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 5, 2016
I love working there, everyone treats each other so well and makes me feel so welcome. All the girls are funny and just amazing
Cons
Not being paid
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Good environment to work in. Great management. very well organized. Great Reviews. Lots of happy customers on a daily basis. Would recommend for anyone to experience working at a suzy shier.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
long hours on your feet
Excellent
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Fast pace, fun environment.

Regional and District Management are wonderful, great support from higher Management.

Very team focused and a great company to work for
wow.
does it matter? (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
If you want to work with this company at all costs avoid west Edmonton mall. Unless you love being talked down to and want to kill yourself daily.
Pros
awesome co workers (minus management)
Cons
management.

2.9