Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Bad management and toxic work environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
This job has absolutely terrible management. There is a lot of favoritism and it is a very toxic and unprofessional work environment. They sometimes understand if you have exams but are not very flexible especially since they are understaffed. It is also very disorganized and management only does paperwork all day.
Pros
Discounts at other stores
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
Suzy Shier offers a wide range of clothing for women both regular and plus sized. It was a great place to gain experience to work as a sales associate and student.
Pros
experience
Cons
micro management
Environnement accueillant
Gérante/Assistante-gérante (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC6 November 2017
Les postes de gérante et d'assistante gérante sont les plus durs en entreprise. Une grande chaine où il n'est pas possible de parler avec ses supérieurs directs. Encadrement à distance. Je ne m'y plaie plus dans ce domaine. Je me suis réorienté dans un domaine qui me ressemblait plus qui est la comptabilité.
Too much work not enough time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
As a manager, they limit the hours given to complete tasks throughout the day therefore leaving in completed tasks which then leads to bad work/life balance. The managers don’t care about your well being as well.
fast paced retail environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 October 2017
My experience working for this company wasn't fantastic. I found head office and district management unhelpful and rude. On the other hand, the girls that I worked with in my store were wonderful, helpful and a pleasure to work with. There was very little room for advancement.
Cons
unhelpful district management
meh
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
not what I expected, computer system from the 80's, confusing visuals, absentee management. A lot of paperwork and requirements as well as pushing a $25 loyalty card on every single customer who comes into the store.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent
Productive and welcoming workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2017
Management and co-workers are like a family. Extremely friendly and co-operative. Going to work doesn't feel like a chore but instead, is anticipated.
great
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 September 2017
great job thanks for the opportunity
lots of work doing inventory especially looking after customers at the same time but we managed to get it done!!!!
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low pay
agreable
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2017
un milieu dans le commerce de detail très stimulant et productif
Productive place to work but not enough hours
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Suzy Shier was a great place to work with great employee discounts and customer service skills. However, as a part-time employee, the hours were very minimal.
about work
Cashier and salesperson (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2017
Suzy shier is a great place to work for they are also very kind and caring people, I'm always glad to go to work and I feel safe and id be able to talk to any of the people I work with about anything.
A fun and
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ON31 August 2017
It was a pleasure to gain experience and work for this company, I had an amazing manager and coworkers who became like a second family. I learned a lot about the fashion industry and picked up on what looks good on different bodies. Of course serving customers was our main priority but throughout the day we'd also do stock, and check the manifest to ensure we were sent the right items. As a keyholder I ensured everyone completed their tasks, filled out shift goals and maintained the store. The worst part was dealing with customers while low on staff.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks, working with fashion
Cons
Customers can be tiring to deal with when not enough staff on at a time.
Awful Job
Key Holder - Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 August 2017
This job was probably the most stressful job I've ever had.

They had been promised me assistant manager for 5 months before we knew about the store closing and I never got it.

The store closed and we never got an opportunity to be relocated. They also gave us no sort of compensation after working there for over a year.

Management was awful. Many employees quit because of the bullying. Many girls went home in tears.

Head office does not care about their employees. They only care about the money we bring in.

Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
None to give
Cons
Everything about working there was a con.
Good times.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
It's been a great and fashionable 4 years.
I was fortunate enough to work with a group of young women who were driven, fun, fashion forward and professional.
friendly enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
what you'll learn is organization, how to work under pressure in a fast and precise manner. you'll learn basic management skills , and cooperation.

workplace environment is friendly and fun
Diverse costumers
Team Leader/ Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2017
Different culture and age group individuals were dealt with. Meanwhile the manager and assistance manager were a problem. Cant call in sick or request a day off. Always judging and doubting. The head office pressures you for no good reason. Some locations they do not even care about.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Cons
Poor management, poor salary for management, have to give up social life
High standards with high rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 July 2017
I worked for this company for a few years and received many promotions by proving myself through hard work and dedication. Great company with great values. This company taught me my foundation for business and allowed me to learn by mistake with positive coaching and training. Some periods of high stress but that can not be avoided in this line of work. Over all an amazing company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard yourself.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
low work/life balance
Worst place I have ever worked
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 July 2017
They are a company that is dying. They do not train you. They have expectations that they do not communicate to you. They treat people like numbers and terminate you without warning or compensation.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON29 June 2017
A typical work day was always helping customers satisfying their needs/wants which was also the most enjoyable part of my day. I learned new skills about approaching and talking to customers. The workplace culture was always an enjoyable place to work everyone always got along and there was never any workplace conflict between the staff. The management team was always so helpful and made me actually want to go into work. The hardest part of the day was dealing with customers that no matter what you did, you could not satisfy them.
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
short hours
Very professional
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
The best company I ever worked for. Treated their employees in the most respectable way, very caring yet business minded, allowing employees to grow successfully.
Pros
Cons
nne