Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Good Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 April 2017
I was very happy with my position there just moved on to a better opportunity. My staff was always willing to help, The assistant manager became manger so that was amazing to know that all the training we did helped her move up the ladder of success.
good place to work
Inventory Manager/ part time key holder (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2017
this company is wonderful to work with. you get to interact with new and returning customers every day and get too be part of an amazing team. each day you come into work you think today is going to be amazing and it is!
Pros
good team
Cons
many of conflicts
good store, horrible management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2017
i am biased because the manager and i didn't get along. but the job itself was fun, helping customers choose the right outfit for specific occasions..
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
bad management
Fun work place!
Part Time Cashier and Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 March 2017
I've been working at Suzie Shier for 6 moths now ! And I love it , the people I work with are amazing and the teamwork is the best. Are main goal is to help are customers and making them happy when they are looking for cloths.We also help them choose different style and that make the environment work really fun!
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace that offered great customer service
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
The workplace culture was a little unhealthy but served customers well. They had a good procedure to ensure that customers are being served and assisted.
My workplace
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC22 March 2017
First off, I enjoy working with my co-workers because we're all close in age and we get along great! I learned over the past two years how customer service is presented. With the management paper work, I find it easy to understand and easy to follow. I find this job easy and nothing is hard except meeting really high sales goals when a day at the mall is very slow.
Pros
Free merchandise cards
Cons
No bonus, low raise
I was exploited and taken advantage of
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 March 2017
I felt exploited and taken advantage of while working for Suzy Shier.
I had the manager take credit for my sales in shift goals at one location.

And at another location re-built and assisted in training a whole new team and helped a store that was in a construction run-down area gain momentum again. I helped bring down the stores shrink and LP scoring to an all time low in a long time.

I went above and beyond for the company taking on the responsibility of most of the stores paperwork, played an assistant manager and manager role on a Team Leader Salary!

The sales targets and upselling pressure were stress induced and caused me permanent emotional damage.

I was exploited and should have sued!
It was a learning and stepping stone.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
- The location I worked at did not have a lot of traffic, therefore days were typically slow.
- I learned that presentation of the front store is key to attracting customers.
- My manager was new and fresh at managing a retail store, therefore there was a lot of trial and error. However her intentions were well, and she did try her best with what she had.
- There were not many employees in the store unfortunately so it's hard giving a rating on the culture of the store.
- The hardest part was making sales. As mentioned in the first answer, there was not much traffic in that area, so we did not have many customers. It wasn't an ideal location.
- It was a relaxed environment without much stress.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace and great environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 March 2017
Suzy Shier is a great place to grow in your career. It is fast passed and customer oriented. I love the atmosphere. The customer that keep coming back is what I love the most and being able to help them.
I rather not write a review on a public site.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON7 March 2017
While I am very grateful that I was provided with the opportunity to be an employee there, I wish to keep my opinions to myself and retain an unbiased opinion on the company, and not provide a review that would seem unsatisfactory to some.
Typical Minimum Wage job
SALES ASSOCIATE/VISUAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
*Relaxed atmosphere, generally good customers
*Often moving up and merit are mutually exclusive
*Sale days can be highly tiring
*Wage and workload are mismatched
Room for advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 February 2017
Suzy Shier did a good job of recognizing staff that needed to be promoted. Sales goals are reasonable and usually achievable.
Suzy shier
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2017
It's not the best company I don't see myself here for the long run and I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone to be honest it's good for a job when your in school or just getting out but it's not a career there's really no opportunity for growth within the company .
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not paid enough, work you to the bone with no reconation.
fun and easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2017
the cashier system is kind of outdated and can get some getting used to. the discount is pretty good but clothes are cheaply made. it gets annoying because customers are messy
Fun, classy stylish
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
For someone that has worked and been around guys (In the gym and during rec games) its a breath of fresh air for me to work with all female employee staff. The ladies I work with are fun but strict given it is a work place, very understanding when it comes to emergencies . Shifts depending on certain days and location you work can be slow but the duties along with the soundtracks in the store help pass the time.
C'est une très bonne ambiance
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2017
Ma gerante ma beaucoup appris sur tout et elle m'entraîne en CE moment pour avoir la cles du magasin si elle aurai besoin de quelque pour ouvrir et ferme le magasin. ( pour etre une chef d'équipe )
Pros
Free snacks and foods
Cons
JE n'ai pas beaucoup d'heure des fois
Nnjxn
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB17 January 2017
Suzy shier is a okay place to work. Check it out if ever get the chance. Gain some experience

Fun
Can be hectic
No life work balance
productive and nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
The most enjoyable part about working there was the environment the people and my co workers, everyone was so nice and very helpful! getting to know them and even customers that came often was a nice experience.
Pros
building my customer service skills
Cons
not getting to learn cash
what you learned
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2016
This position taught me mostly everything I know about retail. The hardest part was leaving it to further my schooling. I believe everyone should work retail once in their life.
Great co workers Horrible business atmosphere. Back in 1970's...
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Great coworkers
Company needs to figure their business out productively. There are way behind in the times to save money to make money they can't make with what they are pocketing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suzy Shier. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9