Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Very professional
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
The best company I ever worked for. Treated their employees in the most respectable way, very caring yet business minded, allowing employees to grow successfully.
Pros
Cons
nne
Seasonal Employee
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
I was hired for seasonal sales that they would have. My main tasks would be to make sure my section of the floor is clean, which means the clothes are folded and not on the floor and also ensure a customer enjoys their experience at the store.
Lack of appreciation for hours worked, no support from head office
Management (Current Employee) –  Northern Ontario7 May 2017
I wish I had more positive things to say. I am management and worry about repocossions as my DM is unprofessional. I have tried to reach out to head office but they don't listen. Northern Ontario used to have a lot of support from the previous DM. She offered a lot of support and was more motivating. In whole, I enjoy so much about my job, the customers, merchandising. It's sad that all of your hard work is never enough. When the DM and her boss visit they point out everything wrong about the store, even though I increased sales since I arrived. That still isn't enough.
Pros
Customers, merchandising.
Cons
Lack of support from head office, lack of positive recognition
Amazing place to work, friendly staff!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 May 2017
I absolutely loved working here, the staff was amazing and made everyday easier. The workplace can range from fast to slow depending on the day and promotions in store. I learned how to maintain customer satisfaction and multi task while serving several customers at a time. The best part of my job was hearing customers show their appreciation towards you.
An okay workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2017
Negative environment due to the given management, worked too hard and not paid enough, no significant benifits other than the employee discount, coworkers are the best part of this work environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
hours are given at times but sometimes they aren't
note globale
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC28 April 2017
très bonne entreprise mais le salaire trop bas pour la tâches à accomplir
Pros
bonne relation entre employés
Cons
salaires minimum
i used work with containers
Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2017
i used work with containers in suzy and i stop work there Because the Company it was to far from my home i was get 13 $$$ in hour i was love my job but it was far
Good Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 April 2017
I was very happy with my position there just moved on to a better opportunity. My staff was always willing to help, The assistant manager became manger so that was amazing to know that all the training we did helped her move up the ladder of success.
I was seasonal employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 April 2017
I only worked as part-time sales associate during christmas so I can not say much about the company, but the manager I had was not very encouraging. She hired me to just help organizing the store and customers and did not teach me stuffs at cashier.
envorionnement de travaille conpétitif
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 April 2017
J'aime la compétion, mais malheureusement cette emploi était très loin de chez moi et le transport me donnais beaucoup de fatigue donc j'ai du quiter.
good place to work
Inventory Manager/ part time key holder (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2017
this company is wonderful to work with. you get to interact with new and returning customers every day and get too be part of an amazing team. each day you come into work you think today is going to be amazing and it is!
Pros
good team
Cons
many of conflicts
good store, horrible management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2017
i am biased because the manager and i didn't get along. but the job itself was fun, helping customers choose the right outfit for specific occasions..
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
bad management
Fun work place!
Part Time Cashier and Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 March 2017
I've been working at Suzie Shier for 6 moths now ! And I love it , the people I work with are amazing and the teamwork is the best. Are main goal is to help are customers and making them happy when they are looking for cloths.We also help them choose different style and that make the environment work really fun!
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace that offered great customer service
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
The workplace culture was a little unhealthy but served customers well. They had a good procedure to ensure that customers are being served and assisted.
My workplace
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC22 March 2017
First off, I enjoy working with my co-workers because we're all close in age and we get along great! I learned over the past two years how customer service is presented. With the management paper work, I find it easy to understand and easy to follow. I find this job easy and nothing is hard except meeting really high sales goals when a day at the mall is very slow.
Pros
Free merchandise cards
Cons
No bonus, low raise
I was exploited and taken advantage of
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 March 2017
I felt exploited and taken advantage of while working for Suzy Shier.
I had the manager take credit for my sales in shift goals at one location.

And at another location re-built and assisted in training a whole new team and helped a store that was in a construction run-down area gain momentum again. I helped bring down the stores shrink and LP scoring to an all time low in a long time.

I went above and beyond for the company taking on the responsibility of most of the stores paperwork, played an assistant manager and manager role on a Team Leader Salary!

The sales targets and upselling pressure were stress induced and caused me permanent emotional damage.

I was exploited and should have sued!
It was a learning and stepping stone.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
- The location I worked at did not have a lot of traffic, therefore days were typically slow.
- I learned that presentation of the front store is key to attracting customers.
- My manager was new and fresh at managing a retail store, therefore there was a lot of trial and error. However her intentions were well, and she did try her best with what she had.
- There were not many employees in the store unfortunately so it's hard giving a rating on the culture of the store.
- The hardest part was making sales. As mentioned in the first answer, there was not much traffic in that area, so we did not have many customers. It wasn't an ideal location.
- It was a relaxed environment without much stress.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace and great environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 March 2017
Suzy Shier is a great place to grow in your career. It is fast passed and customer oriented. I love the atmosphere. The customer that keep coming back is what I love the most and being able to help them.
I rather not write a review on a public site.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON7 March 2017
While I am very grateful that I was provided with the opportunity to be an employee there, I wish to keep my opinions to myself and retain an unbiased opinion on the company, and not provide a review that would seem unsatisfactory to some.
Typical Minimum Wage job
SALES ASSOCIATE/VISUAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
*Relaxed atmosphere, generally good customers
*Often moving up and merit are mutually exclusive
*Sale days can be highly tiring
*Wage and workload are mismatched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suzy Shier. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9