Suzy Shier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 22, 2016
it was a fun place to work just a little to fun, manager does not do good job , very slow pace job , to much drama for a workplace.
Productive and a fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Meeting great and loving customers
Cons: No cons
I met many lovely and fun people during my work experience. I was always a very shy person until I worked at Suzy shier. Not only did I open my shell, but I also met new people and created friendships with co workers and customers. I enjoy choosing outfits for customers and giving my honest opinion.
Great team to work with
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: the team
Cons: Somewhat inflexible higher management
A typical day as a key holder at Suzy Shier is a quiet day, the mall is not always busy, but that gives us the opportunity to get some paperwork done. I worked my way up to key holder, which allowed me to learn how to do paper work such as predict sales needed for this year based on those we made last year. I also helped the manager organize the schedules every once in a while. Helping customers and providing customer service is a skill that i have enhanced in my previous experiences, but working at the mall allowed for a different demographic for me to grow accustomed to. My manager is amazing, she treats me and my coworkers as a team rather than her subordinates. We always work together to get the job done, and we enjoy doing so. Hardest part of the job is when the store is really busy and there arent enough of us to work with all the customers, having to manage our time with each customer can be very difficult. Best part of the job is the team of wonderful women i get to work with.
Good and Bad
Third Key Holder - Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Employee discount, health benefits, gym discounts..etc.
Cons: Left alone to run a store and disrespect from head office
Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, the energy was always good which made the day go by faster. Changing the store around and getting new product daily was always exciting. Love the fashion and the variety of customers.

The pay could be better, especially since I was left alone to run a store even though I was not properly trained. There was a lot of pressure to sell memberships, most people were already members and some were not interested, that is no fault of the employee if they can not sell enough cards. People visiting from head office, I often found that we were judged based on once in a while visits. They were always looking for something wrong or to improve, even though it was one visit, that is not enough to judge or know each employee and the operation of the store. Plus some good feed back and encouragement could improve staff. I felt like a number, that if someone or someones from head office did not like me personally I would lose my job, which I did.
Productive workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Face paced active environment
Cons: Having to pay two separate bus fares
I loved the staff that I worked with on a consistent basis, a typical day at work included lots of multi-tasking. I was responsible for opening and closing the store depending on my shift that day. I enjoyed greeting customers and talking about fashion and trends. I learned a lot about how Suzy Shier operates and the unique procedures that are required.
It's a typical customer service job in retail...
Team Leader & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Gain valuable communication skills, gain insight on how to treat sales associates when you are the shopper: be nice, they are just doing their job.
Cons: Boring, customers can be rude and there isnt much opportunity to build rapport
Nothing remarkable to note. Has a high turnover rate for staff and store management so type of management depends on the person running the store at the time.
There is never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 5, 2016
Cons: Not being paid
I love working there, everyone treats each other so well and makes me feel so welcome. All the girls are funny and just amazing
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great discounts
Cons: long hours on your feet
Good environment to work in. Great management. very well organized. Great Reviews. Lots of happy customers on a daily basis. Would recommend for anyone to experience working at a suzy shier.
Excellent
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Fast pace, fun environment.

Regional and District Management are wonderful, great support from higher Management.

Very team focused and a great company to work for
wow.
does it matter? (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: awesome co workers (minus management)
Cons: management.
If you want to work with this company at all costs avoid west Edmonton mall. Unless you love being talked down to and want to kill yourself daily.
Highly Motivated
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
My typical day at work was from 9 am to 5 pm. During those hours I straightened up the store before opening, stalked shelves and did inventory. I learned to be more patient with customers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were respectful and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it was a small outlet store.
overall a life lesson experience
Customer Service/ key holder (Former Employee), Midland, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Lack of communication
Co-workers and customers where the highlight of this job interacting one on one with clients is highly rewarding.
Hardest part of the job is full visual changes throughout the entire store with only a small time frame for end product to be completed.
Management lack capability to communicate with staff members, I personally found having myself ask and relate information to others as I felt it was needed to be share with everyone not just management etc.
This was a particular case as my manager failed to do her duties and was a life lesson experience as to what you can and cannot do and to always report and bring any issues above management.
productive workplace
key holder (Former Employee), toronto,ontJanuary 14, 2016
i learned many skills at this job, was very fast paced and always busy which i enjoyed. It was always nice to see and meet different people everyday.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Good enviornment. Competitive wages and friendly coworkers. It was nice to be in the retail section and meet new people
Busy, face pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Always had something to do
Cons: Like to be a hard worker that I forget to take it easy
On a normal day things were smooth going and not at all overwhelming. However when there was a sales or discount promotions it felt like customers never stopped, work was never ending and communication would go on for hours it was exhausting and exciting all at once.
fun place work great teamwork
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Penticton, BCDecember 3, 2015
enjoyed working here while I did enjoyed being able to help people create a flair of style. Loved to do the visual people and management wee so great i left with many good friends
Amazing employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Good employees
Cons: Should be more than minimum wage
I only worked here for about 7 months, it was my first retail job experience. I didn't really enjoy the job, the management was okay. What I liked most about the job were the other girls that worked there. Everybody was super nice and got along great. They started me off as Part Time and then pretty much On Call and then kind of just let me go with 8 or sometimes less hours per week so unfortunately I had to give my notice.
fun environment
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
I loved the job and the experience I did not like the fact that it was temporary. I was looking for a more permanent position.
Interesting place to work at.
Sales Associate- Internship (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 6, 2015
Interesting work. Cool colleagues. Feels good to help customers. Neat environment and friendly as well. There was alot to do during shift. Hardly would you be idle.
Fun workplace with many opportunities to excel and grow with the company.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PickeringOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and upper management
Cons: Pay, High pressure sales
In my two years at Suzy I have met many great women and learned a lot about the retail industry.

As I have progressed from part time sales associate to Assistant manager my customer service skills have grown and I have had the opportunity to take on a management role. Increasing my involvement with sales quotas as well as taking a leadership role among staff.