Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

meh
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
not what I expected, computer system from the 80's, confusing visuals, absentee management. A lot of paperwork and requirements as well as pushing a $25 loyalty card on every single customer who comes into the store.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent
Productive and welcoming workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2017
Management and co-workers are like a family. Extremely friendly and co-operative. Going to work doesn't feel like a chore but instead, is anticipated.
great
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 September 2017
great job thanks for the opportunity
lots of work doing inventory especially looking after customers at the same time but we managed to get it done!!!!
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low pay
agreable
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2017
un milieu dans le commerce de detail très stimulant et productif
Productive place to work but not enough hours
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Suzy Shier was a great place to work with great employee discounts and customer service skills. However, as a part-time employee, the hours were very minimal.
about work
Cashier and salesperson (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2017
Suzy shier is a great place to work for they are also very kind and caring people, I'm always glad to go to work and I feel safe and id be able to talk to any of the people I work with about anything.
A fun and
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ON31 August 2017
It was a pleasure to gain experience and work for this company, I had an amazing manager and coworkers who became like a second family. I learned a lot about the fashion industry and picked up on what looks good on different bodies. Of course serving customers was our main priority but throughout the day we'd also do stock, and check the manifest to ensure we were sent the right items. As a keyholder I ensured everyone completed their tasks, filled out shift goals and maintained the store. The worst part was dealing with customers while low on staff.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks, working with fashion
Cons
Customers can be tiring to deal with when not enough staff on at a time.
Awful Job
Key Holder - Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 August 2017
This job was probably the most stressful job I've ever had.

They had been promised me assistant manager for 5 months before we knew about the store closing and I never got it.

The store closed and we never got an opportunity to be relocated. They also gave us no sort of compensation after working there for over a year.

Management was awful. Many employees quit because of the bullying. Many girls went home in tears.

Head office does not care about their employees. They only care about the money we bring in.

Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
None to give
Cons
Everything about working there was a con.
Good times.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
It's been a great and fashionable 4 years.
I was fortunate enough to work with a group of young women who were driven, fun, fashion forward and professional.
friendly enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
what you'll learn is organization, how to work under pressure in a fast and precise manner. you'll learn basic management skills , and cooperation.

workplace environment is friendly and fun
Diverse costumers
Team Leader/ Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2017
Different culture and age group individuals were dealt with. Meanwhile the manager and assistance manager were a problem. Cant call in sick or request a day off. Always judging and doubting. The head office pressures you for no good reason. Some locations they do not even care about.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Cons
Poor management, poor salary for management, have to give up social life
High standards with high rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 July 2017
I worked for this company for a few years and received many promotions by proving myself through hard work and dedication. Great company with great values. This company taught me my foundation for business and allowed me to learn by mistake with positive coaching and training. Some periods of high stress but that can not be avoided in this line of work. Over all an amazing company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard yourself.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
low work/life balance
Worst place I have ever worked
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 July 2017
They are a company that is dying. They do not train you. They have expectations that they do not communicate to you. They treat people like numbers and terminate you without warning or compensation.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON29 June 2017
A typical work day was always helping customers satisfying their needs/wants which was also the most enjoyable part of my day. I learned new skills about approaching and talking to customers. The workplace culture was always an enjoyable place to work everyone always got along and there was never any workplace conflict between the staff. The management team was always so helpful and made me actually want to go into work. The hardest part of the day was dealing with customers that no matter what you did, you could not satisfy them.
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
short hours
Very professional
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
The best company I ever worked for. Treated their employees in the most respectable way, very caring yet business minded, allowing employees to grow successfully.
Pros
Cons
nne
I loved it
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 June 2017
I enjoyed working for the company. Everyone was very nice and friendly and very supportive when I quit to take care of my children. I definitely recommend working for this company.
Seasonal Employee
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
I was hired for seasonal sales that they would have. My main tasks would be to make sure my section of the floor is clean, which means the clothes are folded and not on the floor and also ensure a customer enjoys their experience at the store.
Lack of appreciation for hours worked, no support from head office
Management (Current Employee) –  Northern Ontario7 May 2017
I wish I had more positive things to say. I am management and worry about repocossions as my DM is unprofessional. I have tried to reach out to head office but they don't listen. Northern Ontario used to have a lot of support from the previous DM. She offered a lot of support and was more motivating. In whole, I enjoy so much about my job, the customers, merchandising. It's sad that all of your hard work is never enough. When the DM and her boss visit they point out everything wrong about the store, even though I increased sales since I arrived. That still isn't enough.
Pros
Customers, merchandising.
Cons
Lack of support from head office, lack of positive recognition
Amazing place to work, friendly staff!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 May 2017
I absolutely loved working here, the staff was amazing and made everyday easier. The workplace can range from fast to slow depending on the day and promotions in store. I learned how to maintain customer satisfaction and multi task while serving several customers at a time. The best part of my job was hearing customers show their appreciation towards you.
An okay workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2017
Negative environment due to the given management, worked too hard and not paid enough, no significant benifits other than the employee discount, coworkers are the best part of this work environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
hours are given at times but sometimes they aren't