Suzy Shier

Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
I had my good days there. Was the first real job i ever had. I loved it.The management is awesome. Everyone is lively and the most exciting part is people really love the store. it makes it less boring and more busy.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2015
I really liked the people and the work place. It was a great atmosphere for when you're trying retail for the first time. We all worked for a daily budget to maintain and helped customers along the way.
Not fun for Co-op
Co-Op Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Brampton, OnMay 20, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
If you're a high school student planning to do co-op, I suggest you find somewhere else to do it. From my Experience, doing my co-op at Suzy shier was BORING and hardly an experience I would want to do again. I did nothing but walk around the front of the store all day, greeting and cleaning up. They made me do basically all the jobs, they didn't want to do "Greeting, cleaning the store before opening, advertising for sales". I was only able to do stock maybe twice, never able to do change rooms.

Work was only enjoyable if there was a lot of people in the store! When there was downtime, the others would be talking in the back, on their phones, while I had to continue walk around and clean.
busy location time flies always something to do
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Outlet storeMay 6, 2015
this is a good company to work for.
they are family oriented and the scheduling is family friendly.
I enjoyed working there
Productive. Great place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 5, 2015
Day to day work at Suzy Sheir was busy. i had to make sure all the prices were correct, go through all the visual and make sure things are all in the correct places. I had to go through all the paper work and productivity for the store and the employees. I learned a lot about business and selling and and running an actual store. My Coworkers were amazing very helpful and always ready to work. Hardest part of my job was to keep the sales up for the overall store and shopping center mall. The most enjoyable part of my job was visual and achieving the sales goals .
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great realationship in the workplace
Cons: Unsave work environment
Working at Suzy Shier is my very first job, and I have grown to know a lot about myself. I learned how to deal with customers on difficult days, how to multitask , take control of difficult situations and most importantly my likes and dislike about what I want in my working environment. I have a very good relationships with all my co-workers, because of that, work is so much more enjoyable for me. I was given the opportunity to be apart of the management team. I took that as challenge. At the same time it filled me with knowledge and it made me a better employee. I was able to grow as a leader and be confident in what I say and do. Over all working at Suzy Shier was a great work experience. Now I want explore my options to know what best suits me.
More work required than what I was paid for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, good work environment
Cons: Extremely underpaid, no recognition for hard work
In the beginning, I enjoyed going to work and I felt like I had the work ethic that could help me move up in the company. However, my work ethic was extremely undermined. I did everything I could to move up; excellent customer service, fast-paced work ethic, Prestige card percentages and emails were high, and being there when the manager needed me to. I felt I did more than what I was being paid for and I never saw a raise in the two years I have worked there. I wasn't moved up to a shift lead position even though the manager told me I was at the top of her list. While I loved working with the people there, there was no recognition for the work that was done by all staff.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, OntarioMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work and learn.
Helped me figure out what I had wanted to do for school and helped me find my passion and love of working with people and retail.
productive and fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2015
a typical day was helping cusomers finding what they are searching for, help them into a fitting room, and cash them out. What i learned was good social skills. Management gave us good advice on how to do better and the co-workers were so friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was not knowing where certain clothes were located when someone asked for it. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to go to work stress free and leave work stress free.
Suzy Shier
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Suzy Shier. I got a job opportunity after doing so many co-op hours there. I worked with a great staff and awesome management. I moved out of town to attend school or I'm sure I'd still be working there.
I wasn't happy near the end.
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 14, 2015
I worked for Suzy for almost two years, while I did enjoy my time and everything I learned, near the end of my employment I was treated not very well by a manager. While my old manager was fantastic my last manager was very condescending and negative re-enforcement was her method of managing. I know there are some great managers out there but I was unlucky.
Clothing discount
Regional Visual Presentation Manager (Former Employee), greater TorontoFebruary 7, 2015
Lots of travelling to each location and heavy lifting

Did not learn a lot

Management was very high strung

Lots of turn over in staff

Hardest part was the constant re doing of product to suit individual taste

Did not enjoy this job at all
Amazing Way and opportunity to serve customers in a fast pace environment.
Part timer/Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibles hours
Cons: change of schedules
Everyday is challenging and exciting. I learned to be multitasking and efficient and short periods of time. I managed customers, company demands and provided efficient training to all my co-workers everyday. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing tasks and guide the team members to be on top of what was important for the day. At the end of the day, it was rewarding to see beating last year sales. It was enjoyable to go home and accomplish sales.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: very stable
Cons: long hours
I loved working for the company, great value and company
Training coaching and development were a very important part of this job in order to have knowledgable staff to increase sales

I had many associated remain with me and get promoted over the years while I was their direct supervisor

I definatley loved the customers that came in many times during the week or month and you got to know them on a more personal level.
Great people to work with and definitely helps build customer service skills.
Full Time Key Holder (Current Employee), Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener ONJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work included filling out opening / closing paperwork, greeting and helping customers, as well as cashing customers out at the register. I learned great customer service skills. The management at the store is great, and I was part of it as well. Everyone I work with are very friendly and we all get along. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day and dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping friendly customers and putting in an honest days work.
Low Salary Means Lack of Staff Retention
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: hour long breaks were nice! benefits were decent.
Cons: pay was terrible, hours were terrible, and terrible staff retention.
A typical day included customer service, retail sales, organizing, recommending, suggesting, stocking, inventory, and minor cleaning tasks.

I learned a lot about visual merchandising and poster setting.

Management was lacking in the sense that there was constantly need for staff as we couldn't hold on to anyone. This made it difficult for current staff as we were always called in and schedules changed constantly.

Co-workers were excellent and flexible.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of consistency with the schedule and the terrible retention we faced. The near minimal pay and lack of hours to go 'round made it difficult for the staff who worked hard, wanted to move up, and were successful employees.

The best, or most enjoyable part of my job was the staff and the customers. I love interacting with people. I was always grateful that I was able to secure at least 32 hours, but this wasn't the case for the majority of staff.
Poor company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: christmas clothing credits where you have a certain amount of store credits to shop with
Cons: difficult customers, excessive amount of work to do on your own
If opening store:

Open till (if manager or assistant was not on duty)
Ensure all clothes were put away from fitting rooms and tidy on racks/tables
Sweep floor
Dust
Steam clothes
Wash windows
Tidy display racks

During store hours:

Customer service
Start fitting rooms for customers
Help customers find particular clothing/sizes
Keep fitting room clean and free of clothes
Put clothes back on racks/tables
Fold clothing on tables
Assist customers at cash register
Sign customers up for store promo card
Upsell
Find clothing for customers at other Suzy Shier stores in local area if size/colour isn't found in store of employment

If closing store:

Duties identical to opening with the exception of closing the tills and doing nighttime office duties/paperwork

Hardest part of the job was the excessive clothing to put away and keep tidy

Most enjoyable part of the job? None, really.
CLEANING AND ASSISTING CUSTOMERS AND TAKING TRANSACTION
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton,ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Once I come into to work I open the store sweep and mop. Make sure all the cash registers are ready for open. Cleaning racks and assist customers with what they're looking for and if they need help with anything. Cash customers out in a orderly fashion either debit, cash, and credit cards transactions.
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2014
great job ill work there again but part time thats about it and you should too
productive placework
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABSeptember 6, 2014
Get along with others
Solving customer's problem
Greet customers and understand their requirements
Physically move items and count them
Use numbering system on the outside of the fitting room and remember how many items every customer takes in.
Physically inspect the room for hidden tags, dirt, debris, hangers and prepare room for next customer
Fold merchandise and keep them at the right place

1 2 3 4