Suzy Shier

Suzy Shier Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, OntarioMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work and learn.
Helped me figure out what I had wanted to do for school and helped me find my passion and love of working with people and retail.
productive and fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2015
a typical day was helping cusomers finding what they are searching for, help them into a fitting room, and cash them out. What i learned was good social skills. Management gave us good advice on how to do better and the co-workers were so friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was not knowing where certain clothes were located when someone asked for it. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to go to work stress free and leave work stress free.
Suzy Shier
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Suzy Shier. I got a job opportunity after doing so many co-op hours there. I worked with a great staff and awesome management. I moved out of town to attend school or I'm sure I'd still be working there.
I wasn't happy near the end.
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 14, 2015
I worked for Suzy for almost two years, while I did enjoy my time and everything I learned, near the end of my employment I was treated not very well by a manager. While my old manager was fantastic my last manager was very condescending and negative re-enforcement was her method of managing. I know there are some great managers out there but I was unlucky.
Clothing discount
Regional Visual Presentation Manager (Former Employee), greater TorontoFebruary 7, 2015
Lots of travelling to each location and heavy lifting

Did not learn a lot

Management was very high strung

Lots of turn over in staff

Hardest part was the constant re doing of product to suit individual taste

Did not enjoy this job at all
Amazing Way and opportunity to serve customers in a fast pace environment.
Part timer/Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibles hours
Cons: change of schedules
Everyday is challenging and exciting. I learned to be multitasking and efficient and short periods of time. I managed customers, company demands and provided efficient training to all my co-workers everyday. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing tasks and guide the team members to be on top of what was important for the day. At the end of the day, it was rewarding to see beating last year sales. It was enjoyable to go home and accomplish sales.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: very stable
Cons: long hours
I loved working for the company, great value and company
Training coaching and development were a very important part of this job in order to have knowledgable staff to increase sales

I had many associated remain with me and get promoted over the years while I was their direct supervisor

I definatley loved the customers that came in many times during the week or month and you got to know them on a more personal level.
Great people to work with and definitely helps build customer service skills.
Full Time Key Holder (Current Employee), Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener ONJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work included filling out opening / closing paperwork, greeting and helping customers, as well as cashing customers out at the register. I learned great customer service skills. The management at the store is great, and I was part of it as well. Everyone I work with are very friendly and we all get along. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day and dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping friendly customers and putting in an honest days work.
Low Salary Means Lack of Staff Retention
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: hour long breaks were nice! benefits were decent.
Cons: pay was terrible, hours were terrible, and terrible staff retention.
A typical day included customer service, retail sales, organizing, recommending, suggesting, stocking, inventory, and minor cleaning tasks.

I learned a lot about visual merchandising and poster setting.

Management was lacking in the sense that there was constantly need for staff as we couldn't hold on to anyone. This made it difficult for current staff as we were always called in and schedules changed constantly.

Co-workers were excellent and flexible.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of consistency with the schedule and the terrible retention we faced. The near minimal pay and lack of hours to go 'round made it difficult for the staff who worked hard, wanted to move up, and were successful employees.

The best, or most enjoyable part of my job was the staff and the customers. I love interacting with people. I was always grateful that I was able to secure at least 32 hours, but this wasn't the case for the majority of staff.
Poor company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: christmas clothing credits where you have a certain amount of store credits to shop with
Cons: difficult customers, excessive amount of work to do on your own
If opening store:

Open till (if manager or assistant was not on duty)
Ensure all clothes were put away from fitting rooms and tidy on racks/tables
Sweep floor
Dust
Steam clothes
Wash windows
Tidy display racks

During store hours:

Customer service
Start fitting rooms for customers
Help customers find particular clothing/sizes
Keep fitting room clean and free of clothes
Put clothes back on racks/tables
Fold clothing on tables
Assist customers at cash register
Sign customers up for store promo card
Upsell
Find clothing for customers at other Suzy Shier stores in local area if size/colour isn't found in store of employment

If closing store:

Duties identical to opening with the exception of closing the tills and doing nighttime office duties/paperwork

Hardest part of the job was the excessive clothing to put away and keep tidy

Most enjoyable part of the job? None, really.
CLEANING AND ASSISTING CUSTOMERS AND TAKING TRANSACTION
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton,ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Once I come into to work I open the store sweep and mop. Make sure all the cash registers are ready for open. Cleaning racks and assist customers with what they're looking for and if they need help with anything. Cash customers out in a orderly fashion either debit, cash, and credit cards transactions.
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2014
great job ill work there again but part time thats about it and you should too
productive placework
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABSeptember 6, 2014
Get along with others
Solving customer's problem
Greet customers and understand their requirements
Physically move items and count them
Use numbering system on the outside of the fitting room and remember how many items every customer takes in.
Physically inspect the room for hidden tags, dirt, debris, hangers and prepare room for next customer
Fold merchandise and keep them at the right place
An environment where I learned a lot, but spent a short period within.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dufferin MallSeptember 6, 2014
I would be working at the dressing room constantly running around doing my best to meet all the customers needs as quickly and efficiently as possible,or I would be in the back unboxing new stock an hanging the clothes.There was almost no job security there since was placed there but was getting paid by the government, and since it was only a summer job. Within a month I was moved to another placement since te store began to hire actual workers.
I loved my position. My employees were amazing
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: training from my dm was amazing.
My store directly was amazing and my supervisors were amazing as well.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2014
great place to work, great team culture, fun atmosphere, one of my favourite jobs
retail sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 11, 2014
first real job learned the basics and sales skills.
co workers were great worked well together.
productive work invitoment learning something new
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), clagary abAugust 2, 2014
up beat
safe
equal
cash
customer service and finding there style
Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2014
Fun and interesting place to work
Customer service skills learned
Learned how to interact with all types of people
team work
Service à la clientèle / Classière/ Inventaire (Former Employee), gallery des sources,dollard-des-ormeaux2July 1, 2014
share the task between each other to get things done faster
ive learned to work harder every single day to reach our target goal for each week as a team

1 2 3 4