Suzy Shier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Meeting great and loving customers
Cons: No cons
I met many lovely and fun people during my work experience. I was always a very shy person until I worked at Suzy shier. Not only did I open my shell, but I also met new people and created friendships with co workers and customers. I enjoy choosing outfits for customers and giving my honest opinion.
Good and Bad
Third Key Holder - Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Employee discount, health benefits, gym discounts..etc.
Cons: Left alone to run a store and disrespect from head office
Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, the energy was always good which made the day go by faster. Changing the store around and getting new product daily was always exciting. Love the fashion and the variety of customers.

The pay could be better, especially since I was left alone to run a store even though I was not properly trained. There was a lot of pressure to sell memberships, most people were already members and some were not interested, that is no fault of the employee if they can not sell enough cards. People visiting from head office, I often found that we were judged based on once in a while visits. They were always looking for something wrong or to improve, even though it was one visit, that is not enough to judge or know each employee and the operation of the store. Plus some good feed back and encouragement could improve staff. I felt like a number, that if someone or someones from head office did not like me personally I would lose my job, which I did.
Productive workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Face paced active environment
Cons: Having to pay two separate bus fares
I loved the staff that I worked with on a consistent basis, a typical day at work included lots of multi-tasking. I was responsible for opening and closing the store depending on my shift that day. I enjoyed greeting customers and talking about fashion and trends. I learned a lot about how Suzy Shier operates and the unique procedures that are required.
It's a typical customer service job in retail...
Team Leader & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Gain valuable communication skills, gain insight on how to treat sales associates when you are the shopper: be nice, they are just doing their job.
Cons: Boring, customers can be rude and there isnt much opportunity to build rapport
Nothing remarkable to note. Has a high turnover rate for staff and store management so type of management depends on the person running the store at the time.
There is never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 5, 2016
Cons: Not being paid
I love working there, everyone treats each other so well and makes me feel so welcome. All the girls are funny and just amazing
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great discounts
Cons: long hours on your feet
Good environment to work in. Great management. very well organized. Great Reviews. Lots of happy customers on a daily basis. Would recommend for anyone to experience working at a suzy shier.
Excellent
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Fast pace, fun environment.

Regional and District Management are wonderful, great support from higher Management.

Very team focused and a great company to work for
wow.
does it matter? (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: awesome co workers (minus management)
Cons: management.
If you want to work with this company at all costs avoid west Edmonton mall. Unless you love being talked down to and want to kill yourself daily.
Highly Motivated
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
My typical day at work was from 9 am to 5 pm. During those hours I straightened up the store before opening, stalked shelves and did inventory. I learned to be more patient with customers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were respectful and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it was a small outlet store.
overall a life lesson experience
Customer Service/ key holder (Former Employee), Midland, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Lack of communication
Co-workers and customers where the highlight of this job interacting one on one with clients is highly rewarding.
Hardest part of the job is full visual changes throughout the entire store with only a small time frame for end product to be completed.
Management lack capability to communicate with staff members, I personally found having myself ask and relate information to others as I felt it was needed to be share with everyone not just management etc.
This was a particular case as my manager failed to do her duties and was a life lesson experience as to what you can and cannot do and to always report and bring any issues above management.
productive workplace
key holder (Former Employee), toronto,ontJanuary 14, 2016
i learned many skills at this job, was very fast paced and always busy which i enjoyed. It was always nice to see and meet different people everyday.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Good enviornment. Competitive wages and friendly coworkers. It was nice to be in the retail section and meet new people
Busy, face pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Always had something to do
Cons: Like to be a hard worker that I forget to take it easy
On a normal day things were smooth going and not at all overwhelming. However when there was a sales or discount promotions it felt like customers never stopped, work was never ending and communication would go on for hours it was exhausting and exciting all at once.
fun place work great teamwork
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Penticton, BCDecember 3, 2015
enjoyed working here while I did enjoyed being able to help people create a flair of style. Loved to do the visual people and management wee so great i left with many good friends
Amazing employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Good employees
Cons: Should be more than minimum wage
I only worked here for about 7 months, it was my first retail job experience. I didn't really enjoy the job, the management was okay. What I liked most about the job were the other girls that worked there. Everybody was super nice and got along great. They started me off as Part Time and then pretty much On Call and then kind of just let me go with 8 or sometimes less hours per week so unfortunately I had to give my notice.
fun environment
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
I loved the job and the experience I did not like the fact that it was temporary. I was looking for a more permanent position.
Interesting place to work at.
Sales Associate- Internship (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 6, 2015
Interesting work. Cool colleagues. Feels good to help customers. Neat environment and friendly as well. There was alot to do during shift. Hardly would you be idle.
Fun workplace with many opportunities to excel and grow with the company.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PickeringOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and upper management
Cons: Pay, High pressure sales
In my two years at Suzy I have met many great women and learned a lot about the retail industry.

As I have progressed from part time sales associate to Assistant manager my customer service skills have grown and I have had the opportunity to take on a management role. Increasing my involvement with sales quotas as well as taking a leadership role among staff.
my first job
Stock Person / Customer Service (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: no car
this was my first job in high school I was the stock person for La Senza and Suzy Shier in Chatham, It was fun I would go there after school to stock up on any merchandise they needed stocking, I would also help the customers with anything they needed help with. My co-workers were fun to be around very exciting atmosphere and it was a fun challenge for me to mix school and work for the first time, It prepared me for the future which helped out a lot. The hardest part of the job was not having a vehicle when I was living in Tilbury I would have to get to Chatham and I didn't have a car that was the only downfall, I loved the people though that was always fun to see different styles they would put together or ask for my help to help them put an outfit together
Fun and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: flexible, good discount, excellent staff
Cons: short/minimal hours
Being my first retail experience, training was much easier than I expected it to be. Co-workers and management were vey easy to work and get along with. The best part of working for Suzy Shier was the interactions with customers; helping them find what best fits their wants/needs, and the store discounts. The most difficult part of this position is being able to adjust to the amount of multi-tasking it takes for a good sales day. Overall, friendly, professional and flexible workplace.