An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced HR Generalist who has a passion for Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent. The role will initially focus primarily on the Recruitment function but will later incorporate additional Human Resources generalist activities such as associate development & training, associate relations, reward & recognition, HR administration, health and safety and Benefits implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages all Recruitment initiatives including but not limited to ad placement, weekly recruitment follow-up, job fairs, on-line recruitment site maintenance, resume management, internal job postings, recruitment tool maintenance, internal job postings and exit interviews
- Partners with and coach Hiring Managers on recruitment processes and practices
- Ensures all Hiring Managers have job specific interview questions
- Enhances staffing accomplishments by planning and delivering staffing solutions, answering procedural questions
- Ensures that all new candidates have a current Job Description upon their start date
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with Hiring Managers to discuss staffing needs.
- Develops strategic network alliances with community services, colleges, employment agencies, media and internet sites
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements and conducting credit/criminal checks.
- Conducts orientations as required; monitors progress on new hire during the probationary period; advising managers of any concerns or discrepancies.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with Hiring Managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training on interviewing to Managers if required.
- Contributes to the organization’s Mission to attract and retain talent.
- Maintains logs of all recruitment efforts, interviews, and cold calls.
- Additional recruitment duties as assigned
- Assist in resolving Associate Concerns
- Complete job abandonment letters/confirmation of employment letters/etc. as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of the Corporate Benefits Program.
- Assist in the administration of office and store level Payroll
- Assist in Training and Development including making revisions to existing programs and ensuring stores receive required training material.
- Continue to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of required HR material.
- Ensure successful maintenance of Health and Safety standards at store level.
- Additional HR duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years corporate recruitment experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of legal standards related to interviewing, selection and hiring.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent phone skills
- Superior recruitment, interviewing and hiring skills
- Result driven attitude.
We offer a competitive compensation package including an employee discount program at all of our banners.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates being consulted for an interview will be contacted.
Everything you need for the right look at the right price - from wardrobe essentials to gotta-have-it fashion items, our merchandise always...