An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced HR Generalist who has a passion for Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent. The role will initially focus primarily on the Recruitment function but will later incorporate additional Human Resources generalist activities such as associate development & training, associate relations, reward & recognition, HR administration, health and safety and Benefits implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages all Recruitment initiatives including but not limited to ad placement, weekly recruitment follow-up, job fairs, on-line recruitment site maintenance, resume management, internal job postings, recruitment tool maintenance, internal job postings and exit interviews
- Partners with and coach Hiring Managers on recruitment processes and practices
- Ensures all Hiring Managers have job specific interview questions
- Enhances staffing accomplishments by planning and delivering staffing solutions, answering procedural questions
- Ensures that all new candidates have a current Job Description upon their start date
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with Hiring Managers to discuss staffing needs.
- Develops strategic network alliances with community services, colleges, employment agencies, media and internet sites
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements and conducting credit/criminal checks.
- Conducts orientations as required; monitors progress on new hire during the probationary period; advising managers of any concerns or discrepancies.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with Hiring Managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training on interviewing to Managers if required.
- Contributes to the organization’s Mission to attract and retain talent.
- Maintains logs of all recruitment efforts, interviews, and cold calls.
- Additional recruitment duties as assigned
- Assist in resolving Associate Concerns
- Complete job abandonment letters/confirmation of employment letters/etc. as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of the Corporate Benefits Program.
- Assist in the administration of office and store level Payroll
- Assist in Training and Development including making revisions to existing programs and ensuring stores receive required training material.
- Continue to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of required HR material.
- Ensure successful maintenance of Health and Safety standards at store level.
- Additional HR duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years corporate recruitment experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of legal standards related to interviewing, selection and hiring.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent phone skills
- Superior recruitment, interviewing and hiring skills
- Result driven attitude.
We offer a competitive compensation package including an employee discount program at all of our banners.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates being consulted for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago