My Customer in St Laurent is looking for a Import & Logistics Coordinator. Please see job description below:
This position requires extensive experiences in handling import documents, good knowledge of customs clearances process, attentive to the details, thorough tracking of shipments, precise and to the point communication skills and ability to work with other team members coherently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Track shipping copies from the suppliers to make sure the shipping copies are received in timely manner, verified and recorded in the system properly and promptly.
2. Trained and to able to use all available platforms (MBI, QV, DCSM and customized spread
3. Scan, verify, save and file of all shipping copies in proper designated directories in t network.
4. Receive, verify, record all freight and customs duties invoices and prepare relevant exports for
A/P to for proper wires at due dates.
S. Maintain Item Master Data in MBI relevant to containers movements (Customs duties, HTC
codes, container load quantities as per FEU etc..)
6. Verify and assign proper Harmonized Customs Tariff Codes to the relevant items in hipping
copies and send them to the customs brokers for immediate customs clearances.
7. Process documents for posting and file them in proper designated places.
8. Confirm (put in-transit) orders in ERP/MRP systems based on preliminary Shipping vices in
transit containers in the system weekly in order to provide better visibility to supply chain
9. To work with China Operations team to cross check info related orders an make sure
all info recorded in the system are accurate and updated.
10. To help supply chain management teams to manage /issue purchases orders and track sales
confirmation from suppliers against purchase orders, if it is required revise purchase orders as
per supply chain management directions.
11. To alert relevant parties about all possible issues may hold or delay container deliveries, such as containers rolls up, late vessels deliveries, sails cancelations etc ...
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in handling import documents.
- Good knowledge of customs clearances process.
- Attention to detail and thorough tracking of shipments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS application, especially Excel, is must.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
This is a temporary position. Should you be interested, please send your resume or call at 514-426-2400. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.