Sutherland Employee Reviews

the extreme regret of my life
Leadership in Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor16 October 2016
working for sutherland was an experience however they do not appreciate no body and insulting people with their pay. it can be definitely a high quality company with better professional people and equipments.
Pros
no free lunch and greedy people
Cons
alllllllllll the time long hours
Terrible company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario14 October 2016
The recruitment is a joke. I hand over my resume to one of the recruiters and approach to shake his hand. He rudely takes away his hand and tells me "not yet, I'm not the guy"

You want to work for a company like that? Some of the management is pretty cool, but that guy really gave the company a negative impression.

Just walked out on the spot.
Its okay for at least to work with.
Technical support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2016
It is good place to work but no further progressions for highly technical people.So for the beginners this company is good but not in the long run. you cannot increase your knowledge.
You Develop Problem Solving Skills
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2016
You are on phones to receive calls from customers who have issues with their bills or their services.

I learned to always focus on the positive even when the customers are irate. Being calm helps you to help them.

The hardest part of the job is trying to sell products especially if you have not been able to help the customer.

Enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping a customer.
Pros
Helping Customers
good work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 September 2016
good people , good environment , learned technical skills , empathy towards customers and employees , managing multiple tasks at once while assisting customers and fellow employees.
fun workplace
Agent, Installation and Repair Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 September 2016
not bad job . the lunch brake was not long enuf half an hour is not a lot of time to eat .and if you didnt bring a lunch and had to go buy one buy the time you git it and eat really fast your luch is over
Nice work environment.
Online Password Reset Team (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 September 2016
My only real job was Sutherland and it was a fun time, Showing up to work seemed so easy and meaningful. You walked through to door and saw everyone on night shift or day shift and you just knew it was going to be a good 9 hours of teamwork and co-operation. Of course like more workplaces everything doesn`t run smoothly but that doesn`t mean you just give it, which was great about Sutherland if you noticed something that could be improved on you can inform the manager and it would get improved on, over all my full experience was amazing and at Sutherland they truly make you feel like a team.
Pros
30 minute lunches, 2 15 minutes breaks
Cons
Long periods on sitting
Full time and has benefits other than that place was very difficult to work at.
Inbound Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 September 2016
The only good thing about this place is it is full time with benefits. The management treated everyone poorly unless you were making good sales. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Co workers were miserable because they didnt like there job.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
long hours, have to work all holidays, poor management
Classical Organization
Customer Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2016
Poorly run organization with classical management style and very little room for advancement. It provides a great opportunity to earn quick money since they are constantly recruiting due to the high turnover of staff
Overall helped me gain experience in different software
Bilingual Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
The people seemed great to work with and we had lots of Training given weather it turned out to be a little rushed from time to time.

I still managed to keep my work ethics in check with the 1 on 1 Team managers coaching.

The hardest part was keeping the customers satisfied with the solutions.
good job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2016
It's a great job I just need something closer to home. I love working in customer service and providing customers with satisfaction.
Sutherland
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 August 2016
Great peer environment, only thing that is a downfall is that management. I feel they are unorganized and not willing to build as a team. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.
Sutherland
Click to Chat Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON20 August 2016
Sutherland has a high turn over rate because they need to be less about stats. It is a terribly stressful environment and it is hard to get accommodations.
Pros
Food themed days with free food
Cons
supervisors and managers are not helpful
Alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 August 2016
It's a soul sucking job, but it pays and they have full time with benefits. The pay is mediocre, and I wasn't there long enough to have benefits. The management is hit or miss, but the managers are usually as miserable as you are working there. Customers are often verbally abusive.
Productive workplace environment and Friendly Management
Quality Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 August 2016
Sutherland is a learning place for anyone who wants to start their carrier with customer lifecycle management company. Friendly Management assists you to bring the best out of you.
good beginners job
Self help, reset password chat consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON16 August 2016
- Sustained customer satisfaction
- Protected personal information
- Aided in self help

learn to be very patient when explaining over a computer.
Pros
incentives of free dress down days
Cons
lots of sitting and looking at a screen
High turn over and for good reason
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2016
I worked on the floor for a month and had to quit. Had a manager tell me my numbers were low and because my numbers were low we were not going to get the good hours the following month (8-5 M-F) she then said that it was obvious I didn't care about my son otherwise my numbers would have been better. Training was fun and enjoyable but the managers are awful. Honestly their is no leadership.
Pros
You get paid?
Cons
Atmosphere looks enjoyable but it's a lie
fun and productive fast paced environment with fun corner.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston, ja4 August 2016
Sutherland is fun place to work with daily activities to keep off the pressure. reliable and fun leaders. a place where an individual can grow personally and professionally.
Badly managed at the Sr, level
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 August 2016
Sutherland has a very high turnover rate in both its lower management and its general employees due to poor work environment and unattainable demands.

They will tell you it is not a selling position but in reality it is based on the add ons you are able to force billing customers to accept.

As a team supervisor unrealistic sales expectations are put on you and you are encouraged to let associates go with out giving any true assistance to them in improving their skills.
Great co-workers, no advancement
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 August 2016
The calls were sometime too shortly timed as not everyone can be helped in that short time span, some calls DO take longer than others. and I do not think you should be penalized for this, which you are. Unfair.
Co-workers were sometimes funny and fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get a call accomplished before the set time of let's say 12-15 minutes. Sometimes it is darn near impossible.
the most enjoyable part was probably the breaks or the time when we got to go home to our families.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Annoying Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.