Sutherland Employee Reviews

Nice place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2017
I heard a lot of negative things about this place before working there, but I experienced the opposite. In my opinion, working at Sutherland was a nice experience.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Quite boring
If you enjoy being under valued...
Helpdesk / Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 February 2017
Sutherland employs technically skilled individuals and rewards their talents with rock bottom wages. Sutherland does not appreciate it's employees and takes the attitude that staff, talent and loyalty is easily replaceable.
Pros
it's work
Cons
minimum wage, low appreciation, high expectations
Gives you good customer service experience.
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 February 2017
Good colleagues at work.
High metrics and expectations from the employer.
Good training and coaching.
salary is okay for entry level.
Flexible and they accomodate student's schedule
It was okay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
Sutherland Global Services, Is a a job i took over the summer. its based in Windsor but it is an American owned Telephone, Cell-phone and internet service provider.
Not good
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tech Support27 January 2017
Even worse. Incredibly boring. And whatever else I need to say to reach the twenty word minimum and then some more. And maybe even more after that.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
My job consisted of answering phones and troubleshooting customers problems. Remote connections were used if necessary. IO have learned a lot of neat trouble shooting methods and had a privilege to talk to people all around the world. Management is one area that they could improve. The only reason why is because it is always in transit. Workplace culture was very professional from dressing to health and safety. Most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and critical thinking and the customer satisfaction at the end of the call. There was no hard parts about jobs.
Pros
good benefits, constant learning
Cons
minimum wage, very hard to move up
Everyday was different, every call was different
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
I just tried to make the best of each call, and when you sucsessfully help a customer its a really good feeling, it was a very fast paced environment witch left me feeling comfortable. I enjoy staying busy.
The hardest part of the job was when I tried to work with hr to accomidate my schedule and situations I was having in my personal life.
Cons
short lunches and building had floors that you had to make time from your lunch to get back ontime
Stressful job but loved the people I worked with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2017
This job was stressful when dealing with angry customers unwilling to listen and also the push to sell things to customers was a lot. There is a lot to know but you get the hang of it over time. The one thing I was surprised and frustrated by was the lack of organization within the company, transferring customers was a nightmare half the time and getting support was sometimes difficult.
Nice place
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2017
Sutherland had good workplace culture and mangers were very cooperative. They provide paid training. Coaches provide excellent training. Some time shift can we very stressful.
Pros
paid for the extra long calls
Cons
shift timings
Good place for entry level work opportunities
tax season consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 January 2017
good place to gain valuable work experience
good training opportunities
clean work areas
great h&s comity
good place to meet new friends
good opportunity to travel
Call center job
Technical support/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2017
This job does have great benefits and there are alot of opportunity to move up ward in this company. It was a good job for the time being but the management team is very hard to get a hold of. This job is for people who can handle harassment every day.
not worth it
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
Very horrible place to work, im honestly suprised there are good reviews on here as i had worked for sutherland for about 2 years and have never ever heard a single co worker say anything positive about working there, only how much they want to leave and find another job. First off they have extremely high expectations for new hires... you have about 30 days or so on the sales floor to perform perfectly and hit targets, if you dont you are put on a 30 day plan to basically be top notch perfect or you get fired. Second managment plays favorites, if you dont become a top performer or if you dont suck up to managment they will find any small reason to fire you. Lastly everyday you get verbally abused by customers for pay that is a joke, pay should be way more than what they offer.
Good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
A good job to learn how to deal with customers, especially unsatisfied customers and how to help them. Working environment is not great though.
bad management
Phone agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2017
The job was stressfull, I worked in billing for AT&T and I was forced to push people to buy services that they couldn't afford by speaking to them in smart ways, I couldn't handle putting people in more debt then they were in already
Very rude managament when I started
Telephone Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
First of all, I am sales in and out and have never had an issue at any workplace, so sales were not an issue. I had some issues getting used to the system as did numerous others.
management screaming at you first day, not helpful. Very uneducated leaders with no experience in leadership roles.
Fast paced - never a dull moment
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 January 2017
Clear targets and goals - with accessible friendly managers. Lots to learn on the job although there is paid training too. Career advancement opportunities for people who aspire to go for it. keep busy for the whole shift so it goes by fast. The worst part of the job is the customers. But once you realize you are the complaint department and learn how to manage the call its not bad at all! the customers love you once you fix their complaint! I love the people I work with, but that's me. if I didn't then I would find a place where I did.
Pros
friendly managers, thorough training, ongoing learning, medical dental and vision benefits for every level available.
Cons
cranky customers pretty much most of the time.
Good Job, but its not for everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2016
its a decent enough place to work but it is definitely a high stress position and its not meant for everyone. its a good job with good benefits and lots of ways to move up in the company. but again not for everyone.
Pros
commission, incentives, benefits, great co-workers.
Cons
call center, not very flexible with scheduling.
very productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 December 2016
Challenging at first but very exciting after adaptation. conducive working environment with open aspirations for every worker.
awesome benefits yet bad employee relation and communication with employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON14 December 2016
Training does not fully apply to tools used to do the job. you must be able to self learn. Coaches will go over new tools in a matter of minutes and tell you to start using it. Be careful Don't make errors after your 3 months, a coach will talk to you but that is basically letting you know without saying " been nice working with you". they don't help correct issues or direct you in how to avoid making the error again. it is you did this and now you are gone.

Co-workers are great people,
for a Call Center best customer , very few customers yell or swear at you.

Management: will not talk to you unless you go though a coach and then to coach's supervisor, before you get to management.
Pros
friendly customers, good pay, good benifits
Cons
watch your back, follow rules 100%, never change voice level no matter what they tell you.
productive and fun place and interactive with customers
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor.ON13 December 2016
very nice job had a chance of customer interaction and making cutomer satisfied and overcome their technical issues.cobines both technical and customer reprensative experience
Pros
friendly coahes
Cons
back to back calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.